What's new

Assholicism - Redefining "Classic" Racism

Cappy

Reputation score
For a long time now liberalists of varying degrees of a bit more than moderate to beyond extreme have been pushing as HARD AS POSSIBLE to redefine the word racism to exclude white folks by saying, "Racism is defined by systematic oppression", which was never the case in the beginning, and is technically wrong by dictionary standards, BUT OK.

I'm tired of people using this way of wording to justify hatred towards whites and dismiss their opinions on racial hatred discussions, white people get oppressed systematically outside and sometimes even inside America ANYWAYS, but wtf ever, I'll still let the liberalists of America have the word. But then there should be a new word to replace the original definition of Racism, "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based upon the belief of their inferiority" and furthermore to include an additional definition, "The act of engaging in or supporting racially based bias or hatred". The word I would like to coin for this is "Assholicism", it's quick, it's concise, it's pretty easy to get the gist of what it means.

You can be an Assholicist regardless of creed and regardless of what race you hate or are biased against, and the act of assholicism, in my opinion, should be seen as abhorrent and thoroughly distasteful and ignorant. People should be judged on their actions, and their opinions should be judged on their merit regardless of "Privilege", because what people say shouldn't be dismissed because you believe that their race collectively hasn't been through some cosmically connecting event, I mean, that would be engaging in assholicism after all. Spread the word, racism really sucks ass, but so does assholicism, stop both today!

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score
Re: Assholicism - Redefining "Classic" Racism

An obvious attempt to start an argument, but it'll probably work.

No, actually, I'm completely fucking serious. If a boy in school gets collectively pummeled by three other kids because he's white in a neighborhood that is predominantly of a different race there are A LOT of people who will argue till their faces are blue that it isn't racist. If that's the case there should be a fucking word for it, because there isn't.

If I wanted to start an argument I could actually, you know, say something unreasonable. If what I'm saying is being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, make your case, or shut up and leave me alone. I'm tired of being dismissed from discussion because of my skin colour, because apparently racism against whites is not a thing. I'm tired of getting put in a box because in England and America people are supposedly privileged and automatically have it easier in life regardless of whatever their ACTUAL personal experiences might be, heaven forbid they actually had a harder time during their life than somebody of a different creed, or that they might have something valid to say. Fuck you for assuming that I'm being a troll without any explanation, this is actually something that upsets me in every day life and frustrates me over the internet. Why is it more OK to be biased against whites and more deserving of condemnation if it's against somebody else? As an Egalitarian, I think it's a topic that deserves attention, maybe you don't, but that doesn't mean that you should call me a troll.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll still let the liberalists of America have the word.
Just saying, but this doesn't work. If it's an attempt to change the meaning of words then they'll go after any other words replacing it too. Plus, changing the definition of a word like that means a lot of laws are suddenly fucked up

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

changing the definition of a word like that means a lot of laws are suddenly fucked up
Well then saying that it's impossible to be racist against whites should be classified as hate speech and banned in public.

And as for the rest, once they have the word racist they wouldn't have grounds to go after the next word without openly admitting bias in such a way that would be incriminating even to them.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A couple of things you've said don't really apply all that well in the US, and hopefully I can explain why.

First, you argue that people make the claim that the term racism should apply universally. I agree with this sentiment. Nevertheless, the legal counter-argument you dislike can be found , where the author defines hate speech "as speech directed at a historically oppressed religious or racial minority with the intent to insult and demean." The idea that straight, white males in the US were ever oppressed in our history is laughable, at best (a point that may not apply in South Africa, where a resident like yourself could claim that the situation is different). I agree with what you're saying about racism, but I think that we should both concede that the counter-argument is at least a valid one.

Second, and perhaps more importantly, you make the argument that "saying that it's impossible to be racist against whites should be classified as hate speech and banned in public." I'm going to refer to the same article, which argues (correctly) that the First Amendment to the US Constitution protects hate speech. Hate speech, if revealed, can result in a loss of popularity or standing. Hate CRIMES, however, are what generally land a person in deep legal trouble. Freedom of speech in the US has its price: we have to tolerate demonstrations from the Westboro Baptist Church and the Ku Klux Klan. I think that means we have to tolerate liberalism, too.

I can hardly fault you for a lack of understanding of the US Constitution, as most of our own citizens would have a hard time carrying on a meaningful discussion of their rights under the same (beyond "Obama wants to take away MAH GUN, 'cos he hates MURIKA!!"). Even so, you're railing against the "liberalists of America," here, and I seriously doubt that they're the source of your problem.

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

Hate speech can be defined as speech directed at a historically oppressed religious or racial minority with the intent to insult and demean.

And perhaps more importantly, you make the argument that "saying that it's impossible to be racist against whites should be classified as hate speech and banned in public." I'm going to refer to the same article, which argues (correctly) that the First Amendment to the US Constitution protects hate speech.
First: Even if in America the idea of white people being oppressed from is laughable, the fact that declining to involve the Caucasian race from the inclusion of the word FUCKS UP laws means that it shouldn't be considered at all, unless those laws are re-written FIRST, You failed to point this out, and it is a massive problem as XSI mentioned.

Second: Using hate speech in public whilst in the presence of a race that are being demeaned by your speech can be classified as inciting racial violence (At least when a minority is on the receiving end) and so to prevent riots and violence it can and will get you arrested, even in MURIKA, I could be wrong on this one but I seriously doubt it and encourage you to verify. I would myself but it would require a lot of reading and I hardly think I'm actually qualified to understand half of what I would be reading. Not to mention it would put me at serious risk of losing months of my life from the stress and how pissed off I would get.

Third: Why on earth is it necessary that the racial oppression be entrenched in history, or directed against a minority. I can understand that being taken into account and perhaps understanding that certain individuals will be more sensitive and prone to becoming upset upon being subjected to racism or hate speech, but to completely exclude whites from the idea or concept of racism OR hate speech as I have fucking pointed out before completely leaves them open to race hate crimes and encourages a certain mentality on fringe cultures and any somewhat extreme or ignorant flunky taking social studies classes, or just outright ghetto culture in general. If all of this is happening, the word I brought up in the first post becomes relevant once again, and XSI's argument although relevant, doesn't dismiss it's necessity for change of some kind. Furthermore, this is causing resentment not only in individuals like me who, as you mentioned, may have actually faced oppression as a minority (Irish folks being a good example here) BUT ALSO in people in your country who cannot voice their opinions without getting labeled as a racist, despite being pro-progressive attitude and actually wishing nothing but nice things for minorities ON TOP OF equality, this is some egregious and erroneous bullshit Hopeyouguess, and I Hopeyounoticed.

Even so, you're railing against the "liberalists of America," here, and I seriously doubt that they're the source of your problem.
Extreme liberalists ARE the source of this particular problem, I happen to have liberal leanings myself and in general don't have a problem with moderate liberalists.

You guys shouldn't be sitting on your hands waiting for the situation to become even more extreme, maybe you don't think so, but everyday I see more and more idiots popping up with these extreme and dangerous ideals of "privilege" and thought suppression because either they got bombarded with it by bullies and their flunkies until they submitted to the Ad Populum fallacy or simply ate it up like sheep in school without taking into account personal experiences OR for that matter, intelligence and education. Smart people have been known to reject it, at their own risk. (Albeit mostly to social status)

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Your attempts to quote me are gross oversimplifications. I made it a point not to agree with the cited source in its definition of hate speech, but rather to state that the point therein did have some merit. Nevertheless, you phrased the definition that I borrowed as my own words and ideas, and thereby missed the whole point that I was trying to make in the first section.

As I previously stated, hate speech is protected in the US, even if that means hurling the "N-word" at a crowd of peaceful African-American protesters. We never tried to lock up Fred Phelps for protesting military funerals, either, though thankfully legislation was passed that forced a certain distance. It becomes a crime when the perpetrator commits violence (for example, Klan lynchings), not when Constitutionally-protected hate speech incites retaliatory violence from its victims (although the incitement can be used to argue that such retaliatory violence is a crime of passion).

Based on your response, I honestly don't feel like you understood what I was trying to say. I actually agreed with you on some of the major points.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to use obscenities in your rebuttal. It gives me the impression that anger is clouding your judgement, and that your anger has been directed at me. I don't see why you feel the need to blame people in the US for South Africa's race issues, and frankly I no longer care. At this point, I don't believe that you're open to new ideas or points-of-view--so I'm not going to participate further in this futile discussion.

omegau

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

While you're coming up with words, why not one to separate radical liberals from "actual" liberals?

We do this with feminists, religious groups, ect. Why not liberals? Is it because you just want to point at liberals, instead of called them what they are?

SJWs are annoying, and they're fucking things up for individuals who actually do care about equality. They are the radical liberals. Just call them that. SJWs. The sorts that got Molestia banned, that run around claiming that you're some sort of monster for being born strait, male, white, the gender that matches your body, and so on. Rail against them. Leave basic liberals out of it. We don't like these nut jobs either.

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

Never once did I directly insult you, just because I happened to swear in my response, which admittedly turned into another rage-fueled rant, doesn't mean that I'm referring specifically to you. Just thinking about the problem makes me angry, and I DON'T blame America for South Africa's race problems and never actually did. What I do blame them for is some of the aforementioned problems in my post which have not been addressed, the censorship and shaming of opposing opinions by extremists, and the lack of action on any part of anyone to try and suppress this heinous nonsense and the ensuing ignorance that is harmful not just to me but I think to everyone.

Believe it or not I did read everything you had to say, which I don't think you did in return or you would have noted my saying "I have liberal leanings myself and have no problem with moderate liberals", I made an error in my original post because I was and still am angry, yes my judgement might be partially clouded, but not to the extent that you're purporting I would say.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, there was a law and order episode where the prosecution was arguing that the first amendment protects words that inspire, not words that incite. Not sure if they won... or if it's even true, however I was reminded of this episode by whoever said that even hateful speech is protected by that amendment.

The fact that you can be arrested for speaking obscenities in public kind of flies in the face of that as well.

On the subject of racism though... I think all us straight white (would've put males in too, but that would defeat the straight I put in first soooo....) people should just leave Earth, we're obviously the source of the problem, so if we go to another planet, scratch that, if we go to another solar system everyone on planet Earth will be equal, and racism will end right?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Cept for the tribal butchering in the Middle East, and Africa. As a start.

Not directed at you Slicer (mostly cause I'm pretty sure I detected sarcasm there) but damn it's annoying when people think that racism starts and ends with 'the White Man's oppression'. Just a sign of closed eye lids to the rest of the world.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Then you also have China, Japan and Korea. Where anti Japanese riots in China are actually still a thing, and mobs end up burning down Samsung factories and flipping over Mercedes-Benz cars, because they mistook them for being Japanese. And this was only in the last five or so years too.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

General politically correctness thread?

Got this linked, might be amusing to read for those annoyed at the whole politically correctness crap

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

Got this linked, might be amusing to read for those annoyed at the whole politically correctness crap
Wow. Why aren't people who are disruptive like this getting punished? Also, listening to the audio debate this "Harriet" person acts incredibly rude and repeatedly interrupts and rants out her points drowning out her opposition whenever he starts to get past more than one sentence, never letting him finish a point until he finally gets fed up and starts raising his voice back. AND SHE STILL TRIES TO INTERRUPT HIM WHEN HE ASKS TO FINISH. WHAT THE FUCK. I have never seen a more unreasonable method of arguing in person, and I have met some pretty unreasonable people.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Welcome to punditry in the 21st century. The basic idea is that if your opponent never gets the chance to speak, you win the debate! Because that makes sense, right?

You can thank O'reily (SP? fuck it, I don't care, he's an idiot anyway) and his ilk for this...

Apparently this works, O'reily is unfortunately quite famous, but I don't understand how. Whenever anyone pulls this shit I just stop watching/listening and go find the counter-argument to theirs on my own.

As for doing this in person? Even if I wasn't involved in the debate I'd sock the fucker that perpetuates this act in the mouth.

Darkboy

Lurker
Reputation score

SJW's are legitimately mentally ill. I believe it stems, at least partially, from the fact that mental illnesses aren't even properly taken seriously in this country, let alone able to be properly treated!

Part of the problem as well, is that they are self-aware enough of their insanity to hide it behind the otherwise harmless forms of mental mutations such as homosexuality and transgenderism.

Both homosexuals and transgenders, I've found, also are quite angry towards the SJW's for co-opting their movements for their own selfish gains. i believe that there are even terms in the trans-community for real trans and the sociopathic narcissistic ones.

The real ones who simply wish to be the other gender are something like "medicaltrans" or something, where I believe they openly admit that they think somethings wrong with them and want to cooperate with doctors to solve it the best they can, where the BAD ones are called "transtrenders" for the fact that they attempt to turn the transition state between genders into its own THIRD gender, and attempt to wring further social favors and prestige from being it. these two groups despise each other.

As for the whole making up a new definition for racism thing? SJW's have co-opted almost ALL social groups in this country, unsurprising since it is the only way they can continue to operate at ALL, y'know, "you can't criticize MY insanity! or else you would be criticizing these other, NICER people in this cause, you shitlord!"

At this point in time the SJW's have actually created some sort of pseudo-CULT, similar to a cult of personality around them, where they take a page out of Scientology and bully people into joining them and accuse any criticizers of being criminals- or, in this case, racist or misogynistic or ableist or whatever the newest term they've come up with for being against them.

It's actually gotten to the point where I'm legitimately concerned, although there has been very recent steps against them by various small groups, one of which being gamergate. they just seem to be everywhere these days.

Not to mention, as you said earlier cappy, they've gotten into schools and university's and are fucking with the kids and young adults's minds, trying to gaslight them into thinking they're bizarre perception of reality is the truth by presenting it in a seemingly professional authority manner in the form of teachers and professors, for no other reason then to shore up their number of supporters.

A truly sad state, one that take at LEAST a decade to sort out properly.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Bunch of images I got linked, and then put together in a single imgur
Enjoy

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

Bunch of images I got linked, and then put together in a single imgur
Enjoy

I especially like that last one, though the argument against privilege is also well thought out and worded, though I also believe it would fall on deaf ears most times used against opposition.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

White privilege: Now a mainstream concept

I'd say the BBC is pretty mainstream, as far as mainstream goes