What's new

RPG Patreon Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [Nerion] Fountain of Mana

Nerion2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

About the game

The game setting is a late medieval fantasy filled with magic. You take control of a young girl named Ravy. She is a smart and beautiful mage, a rare exception in a world dominated by male mages. There is a reason why things are like this though.
In the game, you follow Ravy as she lives her not so ordinary life. She likes to hang out with her friends and explore the world. She tries to be a helpful girl collecting donations for the poor and helping those who are hurt by fate.

Recently, Ravy began to discover some inclinations within herself. She began to discover the pleasure of showing the secrets of her body. She's shy and it's hard for her. Fortunately, there is someone experienced who will guide her to fulfill her exhibitionist fantasies.

Game features

• Clothing system
There is a clothing system in the game where the player can change Ravy's clothes almost freely. There are five main slots: Pants, bra, top of the body, bottom of the body, and legs.
At the moment there are two types of main outerwear(Top and Bottom slot). Two types of bras plus color variations. Three types of panties plus color variations. And socks and stockings for legs plus color variants. Additionally, there are costumes specific to events like the maid's outfit.
Selected clothes influence the perception of NPCs. Selected clothes influence the NPC reaction. The sentences spoken by the characters change depending on the outfit.
  • Exhibitionism
Ravy is slowly discovering a desire to show her body. At first, it is difficult for her to raise her skirt in front of a man, but with time she shows more and more. But it's not a game where you can run around town naked.
  • Slow corruption
As mentioned above, Ravy is shy, so getting her to run around in skimpy clothes will take a long time. The same goes for adult situations.
However, with each subsequent event, Ravy gets used to it and does more and more bold things.
  • Love system
Ravy can fall in love with one of the three main characters. If Ravy falls in love with someone and yet finds herself in an unambiguous situation with someone else, she will feel remorse.
There's an NTR route planned for one of the lovers.
  • Minigames and jobs
Ravy can take a part-time job. Some of them are based on mini-games. For example, at work as a maid, Ravy has to clean up the building. When approaching a pile of dirt, the player must press the appropriate keys. In another job, as a masseuse, the player chooses how Ravy performs the massage. Depending on whether she satisfies the client or gives in to her desire, she will be paid accordingly.
  • Day and night cycle
There is a day and night system in the game. Ravy can undertake different activities at different times.
  • Bad endings
There are a few bad ends in the game. Some of them give an insight into the events behind the scene.
  • Simple battle system
There are battles in the game, but they are not frequent and are not repetitive.

Conclusion

The game is in development. If you find any bugs, please tell me about them. The most convenient way for me is a private message. You can also leave a comment under the latest post. Please include this information in the bug description:
Where did this happen?
During which event?
What was the last text displayed before the error occurred?
Description of the bug.

Thank you so much!
Screenshots:

Download

It's in one of the public posts. If you don't want to see boys standing pics (affect only pictures when talking to them) choose 'no boys' version.

I`ve worked on this for a long time and I hope you'll enjoy playing it.

You can also visit my patreon page:

And of course credits. Many thanks to:
kaosfear - corrected my grammar and helped me testing game
Krosh - great ideas and help
scallywag13 - help with few nasty bugs
Nytemare, SerphLantern and others - help with bugs

Last edited:

tontje

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Fountain of Mana - English Hentai Game

Trying to make a joke involving the legend of mana, but it isn't working out.
Guess ill just try the game then......

Interesting start, other then some spelling errors and the lagginess near the training soldiers it seems to be fine.

About 20 min of playtime till the end, so you either have an earlier version on mega or i dunno.

Last edited:

Erylein

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not bad. Hope you will end this game someday.

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Interesting start, other then some spelling errors and the lagginess near the training soldiers it seems to be fine.

About 20 min of playtime till the end, so you either have an earlier version on mega or i dunno.
I too noticed some lag at that area. Looks like it's not just me. And yes, it's really closer to 20 minutes than an hour of playtime.

A few other things:
- the rats seem completely unrelated to the rest of the quest. I managed to get the keys and open the chest without fighting the rats. The only reason I bothered to kill them was because I could not finish the quest otherwise
- the message about the rapier is not displayed until you find the rats. It's rather annoying to go all the way down to the cellar only to then have to go back up to her room just to get her weapon
- When talking to Lady Lilian the text displays the wrong name
- the chest in Ravy's room changes picture after it's open

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So I examined geese time the crate and the se be sol with her in the room does not there is nothing.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A good start! Love to see new English games! Woohoo! :D

Here is a quick review of what I liked and what I thought could use a little love. Overall though, I thought you set a nice tone with the story and setting.

Pros:
- Mapping! Your maps are well done. I love Celianna's tiles, and thought you did well throughout. Make sure you give Celianna credit though!
- Exhibitionism and Clothing. You've set a pretty hefty goal in trying to get NPCs to react differently to exactly how Ravy is clothed. If you succeed, it could be epic!
- Mind Reading. What a wonderful game mechanic. This is SO much potential to make things erotic. I already love some of the banter associated with it.
- Story and interactiveness. Thought you set a nice overall tone and liked that you did not fully ignore the little extras like comments about books, potions, etc. Note: I would highly recommend getting someone to proofread for you, as there are a number of spelling mistakes.

Undecided:
- Combat. It was not bad nor great, just kind of meh. It does its job and if it is not the primary focus of the game, it should be fine. I will note, that you can lose days/weeks/months of your development time if you choose to delve into configuring RPG Maker's combat system.
- Artwork. Your artwork is not bad and it does the job. It was just something that I was not crazy over. Still, the context could easily overshadow this.

Needs Lovin':
- Blind searches and quest advancing. Just my two cents, but I would avoid the blind search method for quest advancing. Having to run around and blindly mind read everyone until I found this one random guy (who comically was the ONLY NPC I forgot to mind read on my first pass...). Instead, add a minor hint, like you dad humming something after the talk or Ravy feeling her divination tingle when she enters the building.
- Portrait system. This is more of a bug, but when I removed multiple clothes, the portrait did not update properly. Meaning, I removed her blouse and skirt and the portrait only recognized that her blouse was removed until I entered the menu and exited again.
- Night only exhibitionism. Not sure if this is a corruption game and eventually she'll walk around topless or without underwear in the daylight, but... I was sad to see the night only concept gaining traction. Mainly, cause I love exhibitionism. That said, I can understand why you would take that route.

All in all, loved what little I've seen. One man game development is a bitch, so I wish you loads of luck, and I wish Ravy loads of... err, we'll stop there.

OP
Nerion2

Nerion2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thank you all for replies.

I`m aware of lagginess and I will do something with it later.
As for playtime... I`ve playtested it before releasing and it took me an hour. I talked with every NPC and read everyone`s mind. Well, probably I was just slow.

A few other things:
- the rats seem completely unrelated to the rest of the quest. I managed to get the keys and open the chest without fighting the rats. The only reason I bothered to kill them was because I could not finish the quest otherwise
- the message about the rapier is not displayed until you find the rats. It's rather annoying to go all the way down to the cellar only to then have to go back up to her room just to get her weapon
- When talking to Lady Lilian the text displays the wrong name
- the chest in Ravy's room changes picture after it's open
Well, rats are unrelated to opening the chest but Ravy has to kill them to pass test.
About rapier. She is sleepy-head so she don`t remember about it until last moment.
Thank you for pointing other bugs.

So I examined geese time the crate and the se be sol with her in the room does not there is nothing.
Sorry but I don`t understand you.

I`m using a lot of custom tiles and scripts and I will of course credit everyone. I haven`t done that yet because it`s a bit messy inside. Wait a bit until I sort things up.
Yes,I need someone to proofread for me, so if anyone here have a free time please point out my mistakes.

Undecided:
About combat: I`m aiming to make it a bit more strategic than normal RPGM system. There will be companions and all. It is just too early.
About artwork: Yay! I`m glad you don`t hate it. This is the first time I`ve drawn anything so there is a lot of room to improve.

Needs Lovin':
Well, making you to readmind everyone in the castle might have been an obverkill, heh.
Ah, bug with portrait... Something to work on...
And it won`t be night only. Just wait.

Thank you everyone again.

Reactions: Xil

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Oh I like this.

I have a feeling mind reading is going to be fun. Especially when you want to tease people only so that you can read their thoughts later. Like that boy and the ladder part during the night section.

shinjai

Lurker
Reputation score

Looks very promising. I really like people trying new systems and I'm really looking forward to where it leads.

Now onto my impressions from playing through.

I love the mind reading system and got a kick out of mind reading the kid after climbing down the ladder from the wall. The indignant response from the noble daughter if you interact with her in mind reading mode was also well placed. The change in portrait to show her climbing up or down is a very nice touch and I hope to see more stuff like that to come. I can see how it can add a very nice layer of interaction but I hope you don't get bogged down having to come up with mind reading states for too many interaction states or the player getting bogged down trying to mind read everyone. Perhaps some sort of marker when in mind reading mode to mark targets so players know who has a mind worth reading (maybe different markers for important stuff and the ones that are just flavour) and so you don't overwork having to write too many mind reading statements.

The clothing system is nice but I too ran into the issue where I got her to change into the swimsuit top and bottom but the profile still showed the blouse until I entered and exited the menu again.

The slowdown in the yard around the soldiers is a bit annoying but is probably fixable.

The art is ok, not fantastic but very workable, particularly if you can achieve the sort of depth through storytelling the demo suggests you have in mind.

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Will be keeping an eye on this

Key'

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Will be keeping an eye on this
Yeah me too! Like 'YummyTiger' said, it's always nice to see more English games! Keep it up :)!

Not going to mention any problems, they've all been mentioned already :).

ragm54

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Decent start, and the artwork is also decent, I mean some japanese circles have very bad artwork, yours is good. Keep it up buddy.

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangoku25 View Post
Sorry but I don`t understand you.
German better^^.

Hab den man der in gedanken sagt das er es wol in ihr Zimmer was versteckt hat. und find die Kiste einfach nicht.

EggsBenedict

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As a huge fan of exhibitionism I can tell you I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

I was a little disappointed that using the light spell did not give the kid a show when climbing down the ladder without panties, it was still too dark to see anything. >.<

Mind reading is fun. There definitely needs to be some proof reading but the polish does not need to be right now, it can come once the game is closer to completion or when you want to make a public demo release. It isn't really significant enough to warrant time spent hunting them down yourself.

Edit. I also noticed a bug in the prison. The walls (prison bars) aren't solid, you can walk right through though the door seems to be functioning.

Last edited:

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Played it, seems okay.

remicks

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just popping in to share my 2 cents. I love the themes you've gone with (exhibitionism, clothing changes, and I assume corruption) so please do keep it up. If you need help let me know.

Deleted member 61362

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Levels are well done. You might want to get someone to proof read the written stuff. Many spelling mistakes. You can walk through objects and the cell wall on the first basement level

jonathan1462

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

In love with it! Hope you can continue and also hope it is free to play :3

Some of my suggestion is that the town is kinda laggy when she walk by the soldiers practicing.

OP
Nerion2

Nerion2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanky you all for positive feedback. Don`t worry I`m working on it everyday.

Perhaps some sort of marker when in mind reading mode to mark targets so players know who has a mind worth reading (maybe different markers for important stuff and the ones that are just flavour) and so you don't overwork having to write too many mind reading statements.

The clothing system is nice but I too ran into the issue where I got her to change into the swimsuit top and bottom but the profile still showed the blouse until I entered and exited the menu again.

The slowdown in the yard around the soldiers is a bit annoying but is probably fixable.
You`re right about mind reading, I will figure something out. Same with clothing. Slowdown in the yard was simple mistake and it`s now gone.

I was a little disappointed that using the light spell did not give the kid a show when climbing down the ladder without panties, it was still too dark to see anything. >.<

Edit. I also noticed a bug in the prison. The walls (prison bars) aren't solid, you can walk right through though the door seems to be functioning.
Well, he was probably blinded by it. I mean, source of light is above Ravy`s head so for now shadow is strong. Thanks for pointing out prision bug.

In love with it! Hope you can continue and also hope it is free to play :3
Of course it is and will be free.

Asapien

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Awesome start, I also love the themes in it.

At night the candle next to the kid by the ladder, seems to flicker if you interact with it but nothing seemed to happen ( i had been wondering if you could move it). I'm guessing its just a quirk not really a big deal.