What's new

RPG [nergalsnest] Zombie's Life (RPG Patreon game) RPGMaker

Keehu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Zombie's Life (RPG Patreon game)

I just tried to play the latest free version and was welcomed with a big juicy error message the instant it launches.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Please don't give any details/screencap/whatever PC config you have, it might definitely not help us help you.

Wild guesstimate out of random : you need the RTP.

frozen619

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

just played the 10.0 version and killed the kid so yeah it bugged out.
any1 have the save for when they didnt kill the kid?

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here is my save.
I just downloaded the game and this savefile to see the scenes, and I can get the individual scenes to play, and the three-lady scenes to play, but I can't get the two-lady scenes to play.

I understand that you need to give one of the ladies alcohol, and then go and sleep in the bed of the other, but this only procs the scene with the one you're in bed with alone for me.

So, is there a specific time I need them to drink alcohol? Should I not click any of the sex scenes with the mom if I want to have the mom and the aunt scene to play, for example?

Sorry, noob.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Still no public version? Did he forgot about this?

Zaiaku

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Still no public version? Did he forgot about this?
Not all of the assets he needs are ready. Please use this website to know the latest

Polul

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Seems Nergal will take an extended absence to deal with some personal problems. Progress on Zombie's life and Urban demons is on indefinite hold for the time being. Zombie's life is one of the better patreons I've come across and it's a shame to see development stop at this point. You can check out his post on his patreon.

OP
EverworldJalil

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

He has personal problems to deal with and his heart isn't in it anymore. If you ever read this, I hope things get better for you Nergal.

0nymous

Reputation score

Seems Nergal will take an extended absence to deal with some personal problems. Progress on Zombie's life and Urban demons is on indefinite hold for the time being. Zombie's life is one of the better patreons I've come across and it's a shame to see development stop at this point. You can check out his post on his patreon.

"Extended absence" is one way to put it.
"Spontaneous bailing" is another.
As a rule of thumb I don't trust any Patreon project. Yet this one delivered fairly regularly.

Still, AZL is not even finished yet, there's so many old and new scenes to (re)animate, so much missing content and art that was promised...
He was one of my favorite western developers. Now I don't have one.

If he really has real-life issues, then it sucks greatly, but I can't bring myself to have any sympathy or benefit of the doubt for him.
This is all very weird, and so is the timing. Why end exactly after he got results on a semi-controversial poll regarding some content in the game?

OP
EverworldJalil

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

"Extended absence" is one way to put it.

He was one of my favorite western developers. Now I don't have one.
Honestly, him and Dark Cookie were my go to for Patreon and now I only have DC. So I definitely am in the same boat.

OP
EverworldJalil

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Some of his reasons here. sadface

NERGAL:Just wanted to clear a few things up, about my last post based on some of the comments I have read.

Why don't you close your patreon, if you're REALLY leaving (scammer)?

My patreon will remain open for one reason, and that's to stop someone else from stealing the url. Someone could then potentially scam people, by stealing the url and pretend to be me "returning". I wanted to switch to the pay per release scheme (to ensure no one gets charged), but once you've set up pay on pledge, you can't undo it (and can't change payment scheme.)

So I'll be offering a refund to anyone who pledges next month (and beyond). I don't want people's hard earned money coming to me, when I'm not creating the content they expect.

UPDATE:

Just found a way to pause my page without losing the URL, so on the 28th or 29th I will be doing that. This means people won't be charged regardless.

But what if you DO return, how will I know?

I very much doubt I will any time soon. But if I do, just follow this patreon account instead of pledging, I believe you get the same updates.

What of A Zombie's Life 1.0? Will you release it?

I'll try get a more finalised version done by the end of this weekend. However it won't be in a state I would have wanted. I'll make this version available to public.

What about Urban Demons 0.8? Will that be public?

It will follow the usual method. 2 weeks after the beta release, I'll set the post to public.

When should I cancel my pledge?

Cancel it whenever, you should still have access to the post I will put up on Friday even if you cancel the pledge now.

What if we want to keep pledging to you?

Please don't.

But you make SO MUCH MONEY how can you walk away from that?

This has never, at any point, been my job. And I personally don't make that much money, the patreon makes that money. My take after everything is very small, not enough to actually live on (where I live at least). To get an idea of how much I've taken away, look at my "1 Year post" .

This seems so sudden, just a minute ago you were planning other things for UD/AZL/Future Project, is this just a whim?

Some things in life can happen very suddenly and they can be very life changing.

So you're leaving because of X/Y/Z?

No. You don't know the reason I'm leaving and I will keep it that way. It's private, but know I wouldn't be leaving if it weren't important and required the majority of my attention in my spare time.

I think putting "personal issues" was a mistake on my part, poor choice of words that made people jump to some conclusions. I think the word "private" would have been more apt than "personal".

How can you let your Patrons down?

No one feels worse about that than me I assure you.

I want to mod your game, can I?

Yes. I will be releasing unencrypted versions of both games, so people can patch/mod as they please. (Yes, even you SmurfyBlue.)

Can I take over the creation of A Zombie's Life/ Urban Demons?

I will not be officially endorsing anyone taking over these projects, however I can't (nor will I try to) stop anyone from doing so unofficially. But the only place for official work will be here, if I return.

You're Wootch aren't you? Just admit it already!

No. If I was Wootch, I'd just take your money without pre-warning. Without this post. Without any communication what so ever. Also, if I was Wootch, do you think we'd be on the 0.8 build, just from the start of the year? Don't be an idiot.

Anyway, I think that answers most of the common questions I seen. But the majority of comments I have seen have been well wishes and gratitude, and I am overwhelmed by the majority of support I have received, and I really appreciate it. Thank you all again.

- Nergal

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've seen some people say he stopped because people didn't want him to do content with the other kid as well in Urban Demons. That sounds like the weird-ass theory only hentai-obsessed internet people can come up with.

It's pretty obvious that something big went down in his life, wether professionally, family related or health. No idea what it is, but if he has to stop doing this shit to keep his head above water, then so be it. Sucks for those who've invested a lot in it, but given the monthly basis of Patreon, it can never be guarantee as a long-term thing.

A part of me still hopes for some kind of modder to spring up and keep commissioning Glassfish art while adding content. Unlikely, but one can dream.

Gonna miss his writing, he wrote pretty good smut dialogue.

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It's pretty obvious that something big went down in his life, wether professionally, family related or health. No idea what it is, but if he has to stop doing this shit to keep his head above water, then so be it. Sucks for those who've invested a lot in it, but given the monthly basis of Patreon, it can never be guarantee as a long-term thing.

A part of me still hopes for some kind of modder to spring up and keep commissioning Glassfish art while adding content. Unlikely, but one can dream.

Gonna miss his writing, he wrote pretty good smut dialogue.
To be honest I'm sure the majority of us would be willing to give him 1-2 months for free to help him to get back on his feet, since he is one of the faster, and more promising patrons out there (in the vast majority of fxxking 0.01 updates per month)
It's really sad to see this might be the end, zombie's life is pretty much completed but urban demons is only two more vers. to complete its sad that this project is being put off again (Wootch)

Lucratio

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does someone know how I repair Clothes? xD
As intruiging as it is but I dont want the Sister to run around naked all the Time.

Edit: Nevermind found it.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nergal's Patreon is now closed, A Zombie's Life 1.0 public [should] come out someday.

The Discord channel is still running though (without Nergal and with a new admin), if any of you is still interested in joining said channel, you can PM me for the invite code.

0nymous

Reputation score

Nergal's Patreon is now closed, A Zombie's Life 1.0 public [should] come out someday.

The Discord channel is still running though (without Nergal and with a new admin), if any of you is still interested in joining said channel, you can PM me for the invite code.
Is that Discord made to organize some efforts of reviving the project under new leadership/no leadership?

Also, we are still yet to see that unfinished-finished version of AZL 1.0...

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ New admin aims to make the Discord into some sort of h-game hub where everyone and their mom can gather inside and talk about any h-game/other Patreon devs can come shill their games.

We (the alpha testers/mods/new admin) have no plan to ever do anything with the AZL/UD revival.