What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. Version: Abyss 0.72 (Updated Aug 9th, 201

I have a better solution for you in regards to the spellstone during the tower section. Simply remove it and make it obtainable after the Tower escape. I honestly forgot where you got it and until recently I never used it.

I'm also relieved to hear that it takes really long for the axe to get equipped. I think that's also the case with the lantern. I'm relieved because I thought some of my gamepad buttons were broken and honestly it's a pain in the ass to use keybinding software to map all the tools on it.

I would also like to ask what damages the big cube and in which phase because I think I've been fighting him for 40 min now and the only time I can seem to damage him is when his sphere is "fully lit" with Sienna's Transmute spell.

Edit: Nvm, next spell after I wrote this post killed him. But I would like to know his inner workings anyway and the Obsidian Ball Trap as well I just pulled the switches at random and somehow managed to destroy it.

Also so far 3 of the 4 cloaked guys are numbskulls. As far as I see it Sienna didn't kill any of them, they just committed suicide. Well except for the guy you dump in lava.

Also this can happen. The floor where you fight Chameleon the first time

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. Version: Abyss 0.72 (Updated Aug 9th, 201

I have a better solution for you in regards to the spellstone during the tower section. Simply remove it and make it obtainable after the Tower escape. I honestly forgot where you got it and until recently I never used it.
It shouldn't be difficult to stop time while using it. The biggest issue is stuff like doors, because there's a lot of them, and they cause BAD problems if time isn't stopped when going through them (like Sienna getting permanently stuck!). Hopefully I got em all but you never know.

I'm also relieved to hear that it takes really long for the axe to get equipped. I think that's also the case with the lantern. I'm relieved because I thought some of my gamepad buttons were broken and honestly it's a pain in the ass to use keybinding software to map all the tools on it.
I really should use a gamepad whenever I play anything. It's a lot easier on the elbow. :)

"big cube" Edit: Nvm, next spell after I wrote this post killed him. But I would like to know his inner workings anyway and the Obsidian Ball Trap as well I just pulled the switches at random and somehow managed to destroy it.
When his eye is gone he absorbs damage, when it's blue he takes no damage, and when it's purple he takes 200% damage from anything (except Life & Death magic). Like the Grisaille Gargoyles it can be difficult to hit him on the proper turn, but not impossible. The intent was to give players a "turn to heal, turn to defend, and a turn to attack" but the actual execution is a bit more chaotic and difficult to interpret. His spells also change with each mode, and he will attempt to put characters to sleep when he is most vulnerable. Thankfully his 5000 life doesn't last long thanks to the double damage. Plus he ALWAYS catches on fire, which is another good way to dwindle him down.

The Obsidian solution matches the riddle lines to the color of the switches.
Even - All evenly numbered switches.
the odds - All oddly numbered switches
The other lines, which I forget at this moment, have capitalized letters which correspond to which switches must be pulled down.
Every time the switches that are not part of the solution must be switched back up, making the puzzle a little more complicated. Congrats on getting it with trial and error. :)

Also so far 3 of the 4 cloaked guys are numbskulls. As far as I see it Sienna didn't kill any of them, they just committed suicide. Well except for the guy you dump in lava.
They are numbskulls. :) Overly confident in their abilities and lose their cool way too easily. Even the 3rd one is ignorant, being totally clueless that the switches in his lair operates an old incinerator (which is basically a pool of lava). Who knew? :D

Oh and there are 3 different levels to The Emerald Palace. The book in the classroom hints about it. Let me know if you need any hints for accessing the other 2 levels and/or the lightlock codes.

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Right so I figured out how to get to the Emerald Castle floors but I must ask what does noon mean in the game's terms? 540/1080?
The midnight boss was far easier than Mr Gelatinous Cube.

I must say though am I just bad at money management or gold and gems are rather hard to hoard. I never reached my upper limit since I got to the Abbys...
Also check my previous post I left you a picture there.

Edit: I managed to clear all 3 Emerald bosses. Now I'm hoping I'll get lucky with the minecart. RPG Maker doesn't really have the best environment for swift movement and you're a sadist man...why put traps in the ALL the safe spots...

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Right so I figured out how to get to the Emerald Castle floors but I must ask what does noon mean in the game's terms? 540/1080?
I think 540 would convert to 3 PM. It does allow access to the Emerald Palace Noon level though, as the next level's access doesn't open until afternoon.

Explanation of FSA Game Time:
There are 1440 minutes in a day, and Sienna sleeps 6 hours (360 minutes), which is how you get 1080 (1440-360).

So from 0 to 359 is morning (6 AM to 11:59 AM).
360 to 719 is noon (12PM to 5:59 PM).
And lastly 720 to 1079 is afternoon.

Emerald Palace Solutions:
Level 1 Access: From 0 till 359
Level 2 Access: From 360 to 719
Level 3 Access: 720 to 1080

Lightlock Solutions:
0600, 1200, and 1800 for levels 1, 2, and 3 respectively.
If you ever get confused about which level you're on, it's easy enough to
guess the code with a 1/3 chance of success.

I must say though am I just bad at money management or gold and gems are rather hard to hoard. I never reached my upper limit since I got to the Abbys...
That's intentional. I noticed there was a lack of things to spend gems on, so I added a bunch. :D The mining skill quickly becomes relevant.

Also I don't tell this anywhere, but gems are secretly lost when you hit your maximum. When Sienna hits her maximum gem amount she just dumps the remaining amount in with her gold, so instead of finding 50 gold and 10 gems, you find only 60 gold. It's always a good idea to spend gems as soon as you get them unless you're saving up for something.

Also check my previous post I left you a picture there.
I tried to see the picture but photobucket just seems interesting in showing me advertisements. Have you tried ? It's really quick and easy to share images and you don't even need an account.

Edit: I managed to clear all 3 Emerald bosses. Now I'm hoping I'll get lucky with the minecart. RPG Maker doesn't really have the best environment for swift movement and you're a sadist man...why put traps in the ALL the safe spots...
Congrats!
Oh you're fighting the lizardmen boss. That one's tricky but the key is noticing that they can't reach the top right switch, which means you only have to quickly flip the other two. It can be rather difficult to get right behind their cart and follow them, flipping both switches, so you'll probably end up needing to take a few jabs while you wait for just the right moment. I believe the perfect place to wait is at the top left, next to the barrels. There's one more part to this boss room, but it's just an old friend and as long as you move quickly it's not nearly as difficult as the first time you met him. :)

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This happens after you climb out of the hole behind the locked door in the Vinery on the floor you fight Chameleon for the first time. I think it's #3?

I managed to get past the cart part somehow and saw our dear old friend from the cellar. I was honestly a bit disappointed that you didn't have him as a boss fight. One thing I did notice after everything is said and done and you are back in the mine cart room I started mining everything. Apparently the rock pillar on the right side of the entrance to where our friend chases us can be mined but that space will remain occupied with something invisible as Sienna cannot step on that tile. And there's just 3 areas to explore in the mines or was I not thorough enough?

Now that I have the Eye of Truth, are there any particularly interesting places to visit besides Kendra's place(already got the acid upgrade)? I know I'll be wasting a few in-game days revisiting the dungeon crypt and vinery in search of green doors but I wanted to know if there's anything to see outside those areas I should visit before I begin my backtracking.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This happens after you climb out of the hole behind the locked door in the Vinery on the floor you fight Chameleon for the first time. I think it's #3?
Yeah that's the level. Sorry about that. I must have moved things around on the level and then forgot to change the event's exit point. At least Safety helps with bugs like that.

I managed to get past the cart part somehow and saw our dear old friend from the cellar. I was honestly a bit disappointed that you didn't have him as a boss fight.
No worries. He's like a bad penny. :D

One thing I did notice after everything is said and done and you are back in the mine cart room I started mining everything. Apparently the rock pillar on the right side of the entrance to where our friend chases us can be mined but that space will remain occupied with something invisible as Sienna cannot step on that tile. And there's just 3 areas to explore in the mines or was I not thorough enough?
Should be 4 levels. If you got the ashes from the boss on level 1 then you've got the main thing there. Levels 5+ can't be accessed until after Kendra's 4 part quest.

Edit: Which you've done, so there's a lot more in The Mines you can do now. :D

Now that I have the Eye of Truth, are there any particularly interesting places to visit besides Kendra's place(already got the acid upgrade)? I know I'll be wasting a few in-game days revisiting the dungeon crypt and vinery in search of green doors but I wanted to know if there's anything to see outside those areas I should visit before I begin my backtracking.
Since you got the acid upgrade you should head back to The Mines level 4. There's a green door there as well.

You'll be gaining access to several new areas now. Most importantly is The Penitentiary. I suggest getting all the girls to level 60+ and some AoE spells before you do the boss there, which will open up the last area I added.
Strong Earth and Air spells will help a lot.
Which is way back in The Forbidden Cave. You can see it now with the eye, but you'll need a key first.

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I think you underestimate the amount of exp mobs give. All my girls are lvl 99 since before I entered the mines.Nadia has all the spells learned since she's my bottomless pit of magic spells. I only kill monsters now for Experium not for actual experience. I could create Experium myself but that takes gems and I'm saving those for glass shards since I think there's 2 more girls who don't even have 1 piece in their room and the life fairy's one still needs 1 more piece. Plus I finally came to the realization that Gems are a finite resource. Sure you can find a lot of them but they will eventually run out and that sprite you can equip that produces gems takes too much time and valuable MP.

Another thing you might consider adding in future updates are more equips. There's barely anything to equip so far and there's a lot of fighting to do. I'm not the kind of guy who's into all the cosmetic stuff I place utility over looks which brings me to the next thing I've noticed. You really should consider adding an exit option from the dresser menu that cancels all selections and just gets you the hell out of there. I honestly think you went a bit overboard with this feature.

You should also consider having fixed pregnancies for Sienna. What I mean by that is that you should decide to have each monster make Sienna produce a certain type of sprite.Like for example getting knocked up by a golem-type monster will produce a guardian type sprite. I may be wrong but at the moment it seems random.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think you underestimate the amount of exp mobs give. All my girls are lvl 99 since before I entered the mines.
All 6? Nice! You shouldn't have any problem in the Penitentiary then. :)

Nadia has all the spells learned since she's my bottomless pit of magic spells. I only kill monsters now for Experium not for actual experience. I could create Experium myself but that takes gems and I'm saving those for glass shards since I think there's 2 more girls who don't even have 1 piece in their room and the life fairy's one still needs 1 more piece.
I think you can find enough shards for 7 characters in The Caverns. Have you been back there yet? It should be pretty easy to find the last pieces you need, and then some. I was a bit mean with how I hid some of them though, so you'll be putting that pick to use. :cool:

Also you'll be happy to know that Sienna's experience is not wasted. It still continues to accumulate after level 99, at least as far as I've noticed. If you do end up with a surplus of gems then the option will always be there.

Plus I finally came to the realization that Gems are a finite resource. Sure you can find a lot of them but they will eventually run out and that sprite you can equip that produces gems takes too much time and valuable MP.
That sprite will probably be more useful when I implement the Magic Essence upgrade, but in the current build I completely agree with you.

I do plan on including an unlimited gem source (in the garden, in a future build, for the late game). Probably something like a regrowing crystal tree. Probably a good use for the hatchet upgrade.

Another thing you might consider adding in future updates are more equips.
I'll make a note to include something like that. Ideally I could use the merchant for this, and have the quality and variety of items available based on gems/gold spent.

- dresser menu that cancels all selections and just gets you the hell out of there. I honestly think you went a bit overboard with this feature.
Probably, and I believe it's a bit glitchy as well. I may change this system completely when I get Sienna's makeover, and have the complete outfits equippable instead. Mismatched pieces don't look that great anyway. >.>;

You should also consider having fixed pregnancies for Sienna. What I mean by that is that you should decide to have each monster make Sienna produce a certain type of sprite.Like for example getting knocked up by a golem-type monster will produce a guardian type sprite. I may be wrong but at the moment it seems random.
It is random. It was the easiest solution at the time and the game currently does not track sperm types. It is a system I love about Violated Heroine, but I'm not sure if it will ever make it into FSA. But you never know. :) I kinda feel like it's something that would need to be implemented from the ground up, so.. maybe in a sequel.

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yea I was going to ask about the hatchet upgrade since I just got it. There's going to be wood that requires it later on?

I have been to the caves but I didn't find that many glass shards. I'm not sure I looked in both of the caverns thoroughly. I did however clear out the Cellar and fought the extra boss behind the barrel. I will give the Cavern and the Forbidden Cavern another look after I'm done with revisiting the Crypt for green doors.

I also managed to find and kill another dear old friend. I honestly like the idea of the daughters putting their fathers to rest. For some reason though I wish there was a way to actually save some of them. Not all of them were complete douches like the first one. He deserves to the same fate as Skull face from Metal Gear Solid 5 without any Huey intervention. If you don't know what I'm talking about you should look it up :p

Also this is a fantasy game where everything is possible and there's magic here and stuff. Have pity on the kitty and make her whole again (I'm not sure if that many people are into amputees but I can tell you the public craves monster girls, and I also heard you had trouble finding someone to draw you amputee art.). I'm sure you can find a contrived plot twist and I'm sure the people will accept it.

In my humble opinion your game is way too depressing. Nothing good ever happens as far as I went in the game. It doesn't have to be filled with rainbows and butterflies but at least something once in a while should turn out right. Don't get me wrong I really like your game as a whole. As far as I can see it you could take out the naughty bits, replace them with something else you could try to port the game and sell it to console users. I would like something like this on my 3DS for example. But that's just a thought.

Edit:
Came across this while hunting for shards. The 3-headed snake is probably scared shitless to fight me so it just threw that error at me so I stay away.

By the way the battle theme down in the icy levels of the caverns is awesome.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yea I was going to ask about the hatchet upgrade since I just got it. There's going to be wood that requires it later on?
Yeah, sadly there is no use for it in the current build. At least you have it though. :)

I also managed to find and kill another dear old friend. I honestly like the idea of the daughters putting their fathers to rest.
It just seems the most appropriate thing to do. :)
There is one exception of course. x]

For some reason though I wish there was a way to actually save some of them. Not all of them were complete douches like the first one. He deserves to the same fate as Skull face from Metal Gear Solid 5 without any Huey intervention. If you don't know what I'm talking about you should look it up :p
I looked it up. Ouch! Well in the end it's more about preventing them from doing further harm to others, rather than revenge.

Also this is a fantasy game where everything is possible and there's magic here and stuff. Have pity on the kitty and make her whole again (I'm not sure if that many people are into amputees but I can tell you the public craves monster girls, and I also heard you had trouble finding someone to draw you amputee art.). I'm sure you can find a contrived plot twist and I'm sure the people will accept it.
I'm not finished with her. I've had something in mind for her for a long time, and it's not just the friendship/sex stuff. I don't want to spoil anything so I won't say more. :)

In my humble opinion your game is way too depressing. Nothing good ever happens as far as I went in the game. It doesn't have to be filled with rainbows and butterflies but at least something once in a while should turn out right.
There will be more depressing stuff, but there's some good stuff too. I played stuff like Final Fantasy 2 (officially FF IV) growing up, and scenes like the bit where adult Rydia comes back to save the day had a big influence on me. :D

Don't get me wrong I really like your game as a whole. As far as I can see it you could take out the naughty bits, replace them with something else you could try to port the game and sell it to console users. I would like something like this on my 3DS for example. But that's just a thought.
Thanks! I actually do kinda want to make a PG version after it's finished. I'm not sure about trying to port it to 3DS because I know nothing about that, but future titles will probably be made with a better engine.

Edit:
Came across this while hunting for shards. The 3-headed snake is probably scared shitless to fight me so it just threw that error at me so I stay away.

By the way the battle theme down in the icy levels of the caverns is awesome.
I guess I stopped in the middle of working on that. Oops! I'll make a note to fix it. Also, don't try the boss door on the next level as it will just take you back to the Caverns 1 boss room.

Last edited:

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yea I played FF2 as well but I stopped after you get Leon(?) in your party. I got pissed off by the fact that all the monsters in the last or 2nd to last dungeon have drain-based attacks and I really spent a lot of time leveling attributes and spells and such. The leveling in that game sucks. I'm grateful though you don't use the same formula: Complete dungeon-Kill Boss-Boss uses some booby trap to kill guest character.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the exception plays out and if it's what I think it is because I'm pretty sure it's obvious. I still stand by the opinion that the fathers should be given a second chance except the first one. I can't remember everyone's backstories but I'm sure that each and every one of them still had a little humanity left in them while in the tower. And I have to admit I really liked the way you wrote the backstory for the "invading soldier". I wish you would have given the rest of them the same treatment.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yea I played FF2 as well but I stopped after you get Leon(?) in your party. I got pissed off by the fact that all the monsters in the last or 2nd to last dungeon have drain-based attacks and I really spent a lot of time leveling attributes and spells and such. The leveling in that game sucks. I'm grateful though you don't use the same formula: Complete dungeon-Kill Boss-Boss uses some booby trap to kill guest character.
Ah, I never finished that one either, but I did play it on, I think, the GBA. I agree that really IS annoying, having guest characters repeatedly killed. You pretty much have to use a walkthrough and always unequip them before said boss fight. It really sucks the fun out of the game. The one I'm thinking of is officially Final Fantasy IV, but was called Final Fantasy 2 on the SNES.

I know I kinda did that with Dillon, but I also purposely don't allow him to be equipped with anything nice. Anything lost is minimal. Otherwise I would force the game to fully unequip the character.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the exception plays out and if it's what I think it is because I'm pretty sure it's obvious.
Yeah I did kinda post a big spoiler. During the in-game event there could be some confusion due to placeholder sprites, but I'll try to commission those in the coming months. :)

There's actually a few characters during a long story event that use placeholder sprites. Blegh.. oh well. xP

I still stand by the opinion that the fathers should be given a second chance except the first one. I can't remember everyone's backstories but I'm sure that each and every one of them still had a little humanity left in them while in the tower. And I have to admit I really liked the way you wrote the backstory for the "invading soldier". I wish you would have given the rest of them the same treatment.
Maybe I can go back at some point and give them some more backstory. I've even thought about giving Perenor (the invading soldier) his own game at some point (with it ending with the story he tells you).

Future games could possibly delve into their backstory as well. Time will tell. :)

Last edited:

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ah don't worry I played them all and know about the numbering controversy. That is I wanted to play them all and I did play 1-9, then I played X and it sucked. Not in the gameplay area though. I liked the battles I liked the grinding but the story was...I don't even know how to put it into words. For me the good games in the series stopped after #9. I heard 11 was an MMO of sorts. Again something I wouldn't like because if I learned something from MMOs is that everyone that gets at a higher level and starts investing real money in their characters always become smug assholes and they ruin the community as a whole. Then I stumbled upon XII and played almost all of it via emulation since I was a poor kid in a 3rd world country with parents who didn't and still don't understand technology. XII had almost noting that would make it a Final Fantasy game except for the name. The only good thing about that game was Fran's ass, I walked around aimlessly for hours looking(I was not aware of hentai and hentai games back then). I even pre-ordered the digital PS4 remake recently so I can stare at her ass in HD and on a big screen. I skipped over 13 and 14 and whatever sequels they had and got 15 when I bought my PS4 but again this one felt nothing like a Final Fantasy game. I did play it till the end as I had nothing else on my PS4 back then and I have to admit I liked some things about it. Cid's granddaughter would be one of them. The rest was idk very forgettable and it tried to be Final Fantasy 6 at some point or 3 as it was released in the US but they scratched that so you can travel back in time to do shit instead of focusing how to restore and rebuild the world. After this I totally lost interest in the franchise and while I do love the older games the newer ones don't compare to the alternative, Shin Megami Tensei and Persona series.

I'm honestly looking forward to Perenor's game or any future game you will make for that matter if they are anything like this one. But most of all I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished and hope you get better funding for your next game so you can afford better art and who knows maybe more manpower it must be hard to do everything by yourself and I'm sure it takes a lot of time. I really wish I could help you with ironing out bugs and such instead of just reporting them to you but I lack the knowledge to do so because I have a crapload of free time even when I'm working.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Final Fantasy
I thought FFX was alright. It's the last one that still allows you to control all 3 characters. The blitzball minigame is also noteworthy.

I'm honestly looking forward to Perenor's game or any future game you will make for that matter if they are anything like this one. But most of all I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished and hope you get better funding for your next game so you can afford better art and who knows maybe more manpower it must be hard to do everything by yourself and I'm sure it takes a lot of time. I really wish I could help you with ironing out bugs and such instead of just reporting them to you but I lack the knowledge to do so because I have a crapload of free time even when I'm working.
Actually the bugs aren't usually that difficult to fix IMO. The real problem is finding them. My biggest achilles is writing dialogue, or rather dreading it. Sometimes I'll dread writing something for so long and then start working on it and it goes more smoothly than I had expected.

I have a ton of different game ideas, most of which I've been keeping in notepad documents. I'm going to seriously have difficulty choosing which one to do next. FSA sequel (featuring one of Sienna's daughters)? Walkind Dead / Undead zombie world? Sci Fi civil war world? Pirate world?

Plus I'm further torn because I'm not sure if my current Patrons would be willing to support a light hentai (the Sci Fi civil war game), or a completely non-hentai game (the zombie world). It's probably still a long ways off though, but I'll let them vote on it when the time comes. :)

Edit: There's also a FSA sequel I want to do that's not hentai at all, and doesn't even include any of the fairies (maybe a cameo appearance or two). Sometimes I'm tempted to work on 2 or 3 projects at the same time, but I know it would hurt FSA in the long run. It's best to focus on one game at a time. I've learned that after failing to complete any of my past Warcraft 3, Fallout Tactics, etc.. projects.

Last edited:

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yes the blitzball minigame is noteworthy...noteworthy of how annoying and pointless it is. If you think X was alright let me just refresh your memory of what actually made it horrible.

Just listen to the voice acting. These 2 are our leads in the game. They both sound like they're half asleep and not just here but throughout the entire game. All of the voice actors aside from maybe Auron's and Khimari's(because he barely talks) seem so disinterested in what's going on.

I'm not sure what advice to give you for your dialogue dreading. And unless I have a sort of synopsis of what the dialogue should be about and in what tone I can't really suggest anything. I used to write a lot a few years back both poetry and prose but I never knew how to self-advertise and I gave up on my short stories. I found it wouldn't make sense to write just for myself. Same story with game reviews. I honestly thought I lost my touch when it comes to writing and thought I lost all inspiration but I forced myself about 2 months ago to see if I can still write poetry and turns out I still can, both in English and my native language.

Now for the game, I managed to access both the Blackwoods and the Lavatorium. I have a big complaint about these places. The temperature thing is a bit overdone probably for both areas. You're creating cheap artificial difficulty which is not good for any game. It's so annoying to have to cast those spells over and over again to make sure Sienna doesn't turn into a popsicle or charcoal. Either turn the heat and cold down a notch or make the spells more potent.

One more minor thing is the arrangement of the spells. They don't need to be put in the order you learn them. Healing spells should come first then attack magic then buffs and finally status altering spells. For Sienna I understand putting the wand recharge and outside-of-battle usable spells first. Also The Destroy Life spell shouldn't have a different icon, it deals the same type of damage as the other death spells when it doesn't outright kill the target.

Now things I'm stuck on. Where is the Mine Key? Does the Lavatorium have more than 2 floors, because I can't seem to find any door or stairway to progress after the Wyvern. I also have to admit I found the messages in the penitentiary funny.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes the blitzball minigame is noteworthy...noteworthy of how annoying and pointless it is. If you think X was alright let me just refresh your memory of what actually made it horrible.

There were a few goodies you could win from Blitzball. I felt like it was OK distraction, but I can understand some not liking it. :)

I do agree that Yuna and Titus' romance was awkward and somewhat painful to watch, but my favorite was Rikku anyways. x]

I'm not sure what advice to give you for your dialogue dreading.
Well it's like anything else in life. The most important part is to take that first step. :)

Now for the game, I managed to access both the Blackwoods and the Lavatorium. I have a big complaint about these places. The temperature thing is a bit overdone probably for both areas.
I agree that the balance is not done properly. For one thing the completed outfits don't contribute enough, as heat/cold in those areas is lost as fast as lantern fuel, while the outfits contribute much more slowly.
I'll definitely try to tone it down some in future versions.

One more minor thing is the arrangement of the spells. They don't need to be put in the order you learn them. Healing spells should come first then attack magic then buffs and finally status altering spells. For Sienna I understand putting the wand recharge and outside-of-battle usable spells first. Also The Destroy Life spell shouldn't have a different icon, it deals the same type of damage as the other death spells when it doesn't outright kill the target.
The spells seem to appear in the spell list in the order that they're made. So if I think a new spell is needed, then I have to place it accordingly in the game engine's list. I really wish there was a way to sort them, but I don't know how. It's the same problem with the item list. I tried my best early on to keep that from becoming an issue, but it's kindof all over the place. It's why a game design document should be made with all spells, items, etc.. needed and then adjusted accordingly before being put into the game. Me? I'm more chaotic and the game constantly changes, so I don't make a game design document.. xP

When the game's finished maybe I can find a spell rearraning script somewhere. Sadly, support for RMVA is lacking.

Now things I'm stuck on. Where is the Mine Key? Does the Lavatorium have more than 2 floors, because I can't seem to find any door or stairway to progress after the Wyvern. I also have to admit I found the messages in the penitentiary funny.
The Lavatorium has 3 floors but you can't do the last one without the Mines key. I suggest killing the boss on Lavatorium 1, and then heading back to the Mines and finishing it before doing Lavatorium 2 and 3. The Mines key is actually in 3 parts and named for each type of lizardman.

If you're having trouble navigating The Mines, here's the arrangement:
1 - 2 - 3 - 4 X 5
X X X X| X X X |
6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

(with X meaning no access from that level. Wanted to use blank space
but then the | wasn't being placed properly.. blegh.. sad mini-map. lol)

Behar's mantle, equipped or not, allows you to cross the lava.

Speaking of The Penitentiary, do you remember Gray's location? You'll have to go back there to gain access to the 2nd and 3rd levels.

The sub entrance of Dungeon level 6 is also noteworthy, for the 2 lightlock numbers.

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I now understand why I couldn't progress. I didn't understand how the mantle works. Now I understand why I saw a perfume bottle container but couldn't get to it. I'm also grateful that the maps wrap around and you can see the opposite sides. More than once that helped me progress.

I have to admit I forgot where Gray was. In the left door in the Dungeon when you first encounter a pair of doors next to each other. Next to where the midnight rape takes place? If it's there I think I was there and got the light lock numbers. But I couldn't really find anything noteworthy seemed like a dead end.

Right I also remembered another correction you should make when obtaining Gem Bags. The message displays as "You got the <bag name>." You should replace "the" with "a" because it's not a one of a kind item. You get more and more of those as you progress. It just sounds better in the context of the game and makes more logical sense.

Is the last acid upgrade available in this version of the game and why is Clarinda locked out from wind spells. I understand that she's of the opposing element but you have the books. According to the book in your house(at the beginning) all fairies should be able to use those 4 elements with the knowledge from the books.

Level 7 of the mines(according to your mini-map) has a mine cart that does not go on rails and takes you into limbo. Basically reaches the edge of the screen and butts into it till you die from burning I guess. You can't do anything while in this state.
Level 10's Light Lock(according to your mini-map) doesn't seem to work even if you input the code for it it will still ask for the code afterwards.

And I still can't find a way to the Lavatorium's 3rd level even though I got the mines key. I'm guessing the entrance is somewhere else and not on the 2nd level? I ran around there and saw an inaccessible area with gold on the ground but I found no way to get to it since you can't hover over the lava in the Lavatorium.

When Big Boss' wife(fairy with the eyepatch) fills Sienna with semen the picture doesn't match the description. I may be wrong but what's depicted as being full of semen in the outfit and x-ray section is her vagina not her uterus. I must ask though what is the point of this?

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I now understand why I couldn't progress. I didn't understand how the mantle works. Now I understand why I saw a perfume bottle container but couldn't get to it. I'm also grateful that the maps wrap around and you can see the opposite sides. More than once that helped me progress.
Ah. Any suggestion on how to make it more clear? Now I'm concerned that other players might be confused as well. The only thing I can think of is maybe forcing players to go over lava right after. Problem is.. it doesn't work in the Lavatorium. I guess I could always simplify things and make it work there as well.

I have to admit I forgot where Gray was. In the left door in the Dungeon when you first encounter a pair of doors next to each other. Next to where the midnight rape takes place? If it's there I think I was there and got the light lock numbers. But I couldn't really find anything noteworthy seemed like a dead end.
He was in the room at the bottom right of Dungeon level 3. There's a green gate in there with him. It's been a while though, so I'm guessing it's easy to forget it was there.

Right I also remembered another correction you should make when obtaining Gem Bags. The message displays as "You got the <bag name>." You should replace "the" with "a" because it's not a one of a kind item. You get more and more of those as you progress. It just sounds better in the context of the game and makes more logical sense.
Yeah I should probably do that. I'll make a note of it. I probably originally only intended to have one of each.

Is the last acid upgrade available in this version of the game and why is Clarinda locked out from wind spells. I understand that she's of the opposing element but you have the books. According to the book in your house(at the beginning) all fairies should be able to use those 4 elements with the knowledge from the books.
The final acid upgrade isn't available yet, as the final Abyss areas aren't ready yet.

I'll probably unlock opposing elements via their personal quests (Earth for Charlene and wind for Clarinda). Or maybe even some other way. They will be able to learn them though. It's just that they currently have a personal aversion to doing so.

Level 7 of the mines(according to your mini-map) has a mine cart that does not go on rails and takes you into limbo. Basically reaches the edge of the screen and butts into it till you die from burning I guess. You can't do anything while in this state.
Sorry about that. It seems to be a leftover event that I forgot to erase. I'll just change it to a decorative piece.

Level 10's Light Lock(according to your mini-map) doesn't seem to work even if you input the code for it it will still ask for the code afterwards.
Thanks for letting me know. It's not working because I cloned the level 9 lightlock and when I was changing everything to level 10 stuff, I missed the "activate switch level 9", which means you could use it to unlock level 9's lightlock. I've got it fixed now for the next release.

And I still can't find a way to the Lavatorium's 3rd level even though I got the mines key. I'm guessing the entrance is somewhere else and not on the 2nd level? I ran around there and saw an inaccessible area with gold on the ground but I found no way to get to it since you can't hover over the lava in the Lavatorium.
It's on the 2nd level. Follow the lava stream until you get to the boss room. A few squares left of the boss room door you'll find a narrow passage going up. Once you go there it should be a straight shoot to the left, which will lead to level 3.

When Big Boss' wife(fairy with the eyepatch) fills Sienna with semen the picture doesn't match the description. I may be wrong but what's depicted as being full of semen in the outfit and x-ray section is her vagina not her uterus. I must ask though what is the point of this?
I intended on changing some of her gambling rewards but got lazy about it. There's not much point to the semen and it's honestly kinda silly. I really should just have her sell potions that do completely random things when you drink em (and not automatically). That would probably be a lot more fun and useful (like a chance to get full party healing, or just something nasty like poison).

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It doesn't. Looks blocked off and I can't progress. I'm pretty sure this is what you're talking about.

I also went where Grey was but it seems like I need Jennifer's key to get to the boss room.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It doesn't. Looks blocked off and I can't progress. I'm pretty sure this is what you're talking about.
Well poop. Sorry about that. For some reason I just couldn't see it. It's fixed now for the next update.

I also went where Grey was but it seems like I need Jennifer's key to get to the boss room.
Go left from that door until you see the lightlock, then go straight down a long hallway (you'll have to melt some gates). After you go all the way down, you can go right into a bloody bedroom and you'll see a doorway which leads down to level 3. If you go the 2 lightlock codes from the passage in Dungeon level 6 then you'll be able to find the 2 other codes here and unlock the lightlock. Plus the boss door is at the end of this level. It's a pretty long event with some tough fights. Good luck! :D

I personally tested this one, so it should definitely be possible to complete. The lavatorium I've never tested fully, sadly. Sorry again about missing that!