Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Drawings from Sin

Chris,
Thanks, I'll try to correct it.

Vicissitudo,
Give also a look at skull proportions. Her head should be bigger and less "narrowed".
Hmmmm..
I try to understand what you're saying, make the head bigger and less narrow how?
(If you can't explain, I'll still try a few things.)

Also thanks for the tips on running posture.

Edit:
I drew the limbs on her left side a bit smaller, trying to practice foreshortening.

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hmm, yeah proportions seem a bit odd, but then I thought maybe it was the intention to draw it comical.
About the pose I have to disagree, if you can show some muscle tension at the right places there is nothing unnatural about moving your left arm and left leg at the same time.
Well, as you said you need to force the movements and tense some muscles and that's because the movement is not natural. A body does that when performs a jump in order to bring all the weight forward when mid-air.
But I don't want to sound too strict, it's erotic art after all, so everybody should be free to draw at its own preferences :)

Chris,
Thanks, I'll try to correct it.

Vicissitudo,

Hmmmm..
I try to understand what you're saying, make the head bigger and less narrow how?
(If you can't explain, I'll still try a few things.)

Also thanks for the tips on running posture.

Edit:
I drew the limbs on her left side a bit smaller, trying to practice foreshortening.
Here a reference sketch from Burne Hogarth just in case :)
I couldn't find any on internet so I had to scan them from an Anatomy book I have at home. I find these two models very important to draw a human body correctly.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't want to sound too simpering and I'm aware that proportions can be "stretched" and adjusted to the artist's tastes, but I believe, at least for myself, that some basics are mandatory.

/PS

Don't take Hogarth's Anatomy too strictly. He used to enhance movements and muscles up the limits in order to show to his students how body mechanisms work.
Just take them as a reference. I hope it can help!

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

From Hogarth's reference, it would appear that from the side, a head is about as wide as it is tall. Granted, is picture is of a man, whereas it might be different with a more feminine face (smaller jawline, for one), but still.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Changed a few things, except her right arm, and the outlining of her face.
(Might do them next.)

Chris,
Does her left inner thigh look a bit better?

I think her left leg might not seem enough outstretched now.

Last edited:
OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Changed, added some thing's.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just noticed how the thighs look a lot longer than the lower legs... but that might just be me. :confused:

Oh, and by the way, there's no need for apostrophes in plurals: "things" rather than "thing's". I see that mistake here all the time (for some reason), not just you, but I figured I'd mention it to you, since we know each other well enough to know I'm not being a grammar nazi out of spite or something. :)

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry man.. don't hurt me.​
Lol.

Also,
I think you're right about her legs.
;)

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Made her lower legs longer, but still seem kinda short, try to take foreshortening into account with her left leg.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My first attempt at a certain someone I've never tried in the past:

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I like it! Looks pretty great so far. :D

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Playing around with coloring:

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Was practicing a different style.

Btw,
Do any of you have any tips on drawing faces, or eye's?

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I would not be an expert by any means, but on the off times I do sketch out things I try to make more oval like eyes with a smaller oval inside that the oversized iris would be.

You seem to make eyes wider than I would personally think make sense, I would prefer them to be taller. Stylistic difference? Certainly.

Though it may help you to try drawing them almost in an egg shape were the fatter part of the egg at the top. Just an idle thought that might help you. If it does, great. If not, well consider the source. I am not an artistic genius by any means.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would not be an expert by any means, but on the off times I do sketch out things I try to make more oval like eyes with a smaller oval inside that the oversized iris would be.

You seem to make eyes wider than I would personally think make sense, I would prefer them to be taller. Stylistic difference? Certainly.

Though it may help you to try drawing them almost in an egg shape were the fatter part of the egg at the top. Just an idle thought that might help you. If it does, great. If not, well consider the source. I am not an artistic genius by any means.
Sounds good to try, can you supply any example art?
(By you, or any artists.)

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Changed a few things.
(Arm's, nose, added mos definition, other stuff.)

Last edited:

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That woman is part owl since her neck can twist that far and still look comfortable. I suggest twisting her upper body a bit so it doesn't look like her head's on a swivel. And maybe think of making the calves a little larger/longer. Other than that I think the proportions are done rather well considering the style you've shown in your previous pics.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the input.

Added a crease (line) to her neck, to show it contorted (twisted) some. Any better?

Also bigger tits and waist.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Edit:
Changed curves of neck, breasts.