What's new

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score
i ' m sure everyone here knows the game and its lag of cg animations.
(if not hers a info link)http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=2359&page=5&highlight=Succubus+Quest

now i found out that there are mods for it
i also wound these sites:

they are seems to have useful mods (for sq 1,2/expansion)

since i have only bad programing skills (even worse on modding japanese h games)
i think it would be best if all of us are trying to mode the game
to make the best and complete working one and sharing it of course,:D

p.s: better back up the sq folder (cince the mods could let to crash or break, and some mods are not compatible with others to)

darkwhite1602

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: moding sucubus quest

SQ EX 0183 has lots of new cg for the game but when i download the zip I end up with an .ATC file and I don't know what to do with that

Edit: ATC file not ACT.

Last edited:

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

just to be clear was it .act or .atc?

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

you need a free program called attache case to decrypt the files. most of them use the icon file as the password but the ones for the black book expansion use Stella's theme.

when it prompts you for the password drag'n'drop the proper file :D

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

you need a free program called attache case to decrypt the files. most of them use the icon file as the password but the ones for the black book expansion use Stella's theme.

Thanks! I had googled .ATC files and I was certain the software that was recommended was scam/viruses.

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

I'm guessing "atasshekesu" means attache case? I am now a Japanese master

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm guessing "atasshekesu" means attache case? I am now a Japanese master
since its a foreign word it's written phonically that's the basics of translating kana(at least that's what my teacher when I took a japanese course at my collage)

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

SQ2 version 0.01 : dfiles.eu/files/ebw3vt73a
Work in progress, mind you. You still need the AUDIO directory from your SQ2.

Please tell me if it doesn't work. Works for me.

Bonus for bookworms: dfiles.eu/files/pnjag1hdf (no H in here, just literacy about just about every lore used in SQ, and more, in various languages)

note to interested modders: this version will support and prioritize using ANY relevant sprite in a GRAPHICS/BATTLERS folder:
here's a sample succubus battler sprites list:
Enemy-Succubus.png Normal
Enemy-Succubus_C.png Critical
Enemy-Succubus_C__S.png Critical, bukkout
Enemy-Succubus_H.png Nude+
Enemy-Succubus_H_C.png Nude+, Critical
Enemy-Succubus_I.png Inserted
Enemy-Succubus_I__S.png Inserted, bukkout
Enemy-Succubus_I__SZ.png Inserted, bukkout, bukkin
Enemy-Succubus_I__Z.png Inserted, bukkin
Enemy-Succubus_I_C.png Inserted, Critical
Enemy-Succubus_I_C__S.png Inserted, Critical, bukkout
Enemy-Succubus_I_C__SZ.png Inserted, Critical, bukkout, bukkin
Enemy-Succubus_I_C__Z.png Inserted, Critical, bukkin
Enemy-Succubus_N.png Nude
Enemy-Succubus_N__S.png Nude, bukkout
Enemy-Succubus_N__SZ.png Nude, bukkin, bukkout
Enemy-Succubus_N_C.png Nude, Critical
Enemy-Succubus_N_C__S.png Nude, Critical, bukkout
Enemy-Succubus_N_C__SZ.png Nude, Critical, bukkin, bukkout
Enemy-Succubus_N_C__Z.png Nude, Critical, bukkin

Note: i wrote bukk short for 'creamed' ('inside' or 'outside')
Nude+ = Nude with pubic hairs

What I plan to do:
- make sure those english names appear EVERYWHERE (enemies, skills, states..... everything that just need scripting in order to show up.

What I don't plan to do:
- story translation: I just don't have the japanese level in order to do so, SQ deserves better
- skill messages: I have no talent whatsoever as a sex fiction writer. Whatever I write turns out... bland. SQ deserves MUCH better.

What you can help with / I can help you with:
1) provide me with battle messages (i.e. sex scenes description for given skill usage) only if you're good enough. I'll axe you otherwise. I'll try and provide an example so you know the approx length/format.
2) provide me with battle dialogues (i.e. succubuses teasing you for this or that weakness, taking advantage of it) - can be much longer than 1) and you can get all the creative you like, as long as you're excellent, no less (axe you and stuff)
3) tell me you've taken care of this or that tranlation in this part of the game, have it nice and ready in .txt format, and you don't have the skills to punch it in the game. Gimme!

right, hibara.org/software/attachecase/
most file use "SQT_Battle(Stella).mp3" as a pass, but I reckon some needed "sqicon.ico" from SQ1 CD, or perhaps "SQ_Battle01.mp3".

Suggestions for future development:

- Please keep in mind SQ2's spirit is definitely romantic (call it "vanilla", I like it so). Monsters come with a "temper"/character which should be respected by all means. Leave the whips to the meister tores :) and sobbing to the banshees. Roleplay...

- "Skill messages" and "sweet talk" texts are the most pressing matters IMO. I can translate accurately, but I just don't have what it takes to make the scene fittingly arousing. All (useful) help would be appreciated.

- I would love to implement (as some modders did) grabbing moves. I think them to be most BF-esque and adequate to 1 VS many situations. Just asking if it's only me thinking so?
Not to mention, only a bit of text, some icons/animation we have already in our greedy paws, and we get SQ2 a lot hotter... Right?

- I've been meaning to implement animations for moves (as simple as a little animated icon depending on attack element - hand, tits, foot...) but I've found myself wasting much time on something I don't have the graphics skills and/or intuition to make right. Need a hand here. Something as simple as in 淫魔シング・サガ (RJ114271) or フォクシーブレイド (RJ132732, RJ137536) would be fine IMO.

Last edited:

hunters1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

the english patch
most of the mods from uzil's folder dont work when i enable ur overwrite my folder with ur patch no idea which files they are specificly so i dont wana ruin it
other then that LOVE U SO MUCH

random criticism: improve the wording for some of the skills tho people who played the game before hand wont have much of a problem
(not too important the mods not working is higher on my personal priority list)

just to specify from what i can tell the new additions are the ones that arnt showing up(like the extra imp book u get or the sheep that allows transformation)

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

random criticism: improve the wording for some of the skills tho people who played the game before hand wont have much of a problem
Don't wanna. :p

The game developpers, especially Civmit, made this game with the utmost respect for western cultures (Nordic, Germanic, Celtic to name a few), and language. They even had the roots for a translation already scripted in.

Above all, they show in SQ some crazy-ass knowledge, literacy and research about famous and less famous writers, folklore, myths & legends...

I understand a quick google translation can seem sufficient to enjoy the game for most of us, but (re)play erotical night, and tell me in the face you want the same to happen to SQ... :(

My point: anyone playing SQ2 should feel "in whose lunatic artist/poet/scholar's dream have I fell in?"
I have given a personal thought to each and every basic move and wish. I tried to keep as many innuendoes, allusions and indirect citations as possible, even adding my own. Have a look at part of what I've read in order to come to my conclusions: dfiles.eu/files/pnjag1hdf.

Now, let's get real. :D
I know I've set the standards far too high for my own abilities: my non-native English, inexistent Japanese, poor programming skills, comparatively mediocre literacy, not to mention utter lack of talent for artistry or writing.

The basics I've set are open to criticism, though I would rather receive correction for my encyclopedia phrasings, or amused messages from Lewis Carroll's lovers and nordic runes fanatics ;)

I plan to keep the descriptions for skills and items simple and plain. I realized I didn't type in back most skill descriptions before the upload, the .txt here is a messy preview of next version's additions.

I do keep in mind the battle messages can and must be hot, and that I will be unable to write anything satisfying (at least to my eyes) myself, much less achieving a full translation single-handedly.
Hence I planned to give away the basic parts of a 100% english SQ2, and be on my way, just to be sure it would keep the core of its original spirit...

the mods not working is higher on my personal priority list)
just to specify from what i can tell the new additions are the ones that arnt showing up(like the extra imp book u get or the sheep that allows transformation)
I kinda agree. I've pointed my own wishes in my previous post.
But we must get a 100% english menu and (hopefully) battle system.

Just so you know, the specific mods you're referring to are a piece of cake to script in. This should take me 1 hour (imp) and 2mn (sheep) :)

I'll grab some coffee and try and put up a all-nighter extracting a workable "skill messages" document, so people who wish to help out can actually do so without specific knowledge.

BTW, I need some help extracting the "common events" dialogues. They are a pain to work with and I'm pretty much clueless as to how they fit in RPGM's ruby. It would take me ages to figure out...

PS: woops... Text wall :eek:

Attachments

Last edited:

hunters1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

those 2 i said wrnt really a big issue it was just an example i used to show that some arnt working they might be a small amount not working or 90% of them can be broken i wouldnt know cuz i cant load my save and i havnt gotten far enough

also for the skills i meant the description cuz their more moonspeak then before now like one can be read as finger the taco (cant remember the exact word but might as well be this)

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

for the skills i meant the description cuz their more moonspeak
Thank, you almost got me worried there :)
This one issue is is already fixed but I won't bother uploading 0.02 before I get some more stuff done.

they might be a small amount not working or 90% of them can be broken
The best way way to handle mods, without a doubt, is to script them in.
Using external .rb files, alternate .rxdata files, 3rd-party whatever, is a sureshot way to messing up the whole game.
That's the main reason I advice we focus on getting the basics done first, and start voring in the mods one by one once we don't have enough to work with anymore. :rolleyes:

I'll try and hide some treats (late Halloween I guess) in the next version all the same.

NB: for instance, you guys DID realize you can now run with the SHIFT button, didn't you?

hunters1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

NB: for instance, you guys DID realize you can now run with the SHIFT button, didn't you?
does it have the penalty of automaticly giving ur enemy initiative? cuz c running allowed u to run fast but if u bumped into an enemy ud lose a turn

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

I do keep in mind the battle messages can and must be hot, and that I will be unable to write anything satisfying (at least to my eyes) myself, much less achieving a full translation single-handedly.
I fancy myself a... not bad writer, at least. If I had the proper translated lines, or at least, knew what was going on in the attacks, I could certainly give this a try.

Seems best to just start with the Succubus and Imp first, given they're the first two enemies you'll encounter.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Seems best to just start with the Succubus and Imp first, given they're the first two enemies you'll encounter.
I went with the succubus family. Turns out I had forgotten how much I hated common events. Bleh.

in the zip:
- a base .txt file I managed to extract. Question: is that even remotely workable?
- 2 open office tables with the succubus talk tree.
Question: is my translation ok? (more my interpretaion, I guess)

I won't ever do another of these tables - took me thrice the time I could have had the relevant common event translated with.
I'll try and think a way around.

@all who actually want to help:
what do you think you need, and what would you rather work with? (in terms of raw text material, and perhaps format / guidelines?

Attachments

uzil

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Strange, why aren't you using the 14.0.0 compilation version as the base for your mods? Because of the enormous difference in content between the version you modded for and the current sqmod version, it'd be hard to justify using your mod, since the mod you uploaded is pretty much completely incompatible with it.

Also, holy crap, someone is actually translating one of my favorite ero-games of all time. I cannot thank you enough.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

To all who want to contribute:
I'll be uploading various .txt files that are dead easy to understand and translate for anyone, with or without any prior knowledge: insert (Enemy/ayxect), ennude(enemy/ayxect), nude (enemy) and crisis.

I'll tackle other parts in the meantime, I won't touch these 'till I tell otherwise. Me, testing you? Naaaah. :p

Strange, why aren't you using the 14.0.0 compilation version as the base for your mods? Because of the enormous difference in content between the version you modded for and the current sqmod version, it'd be hard to justify using your mod, since the mod you uploaded is pretty much completely incompatible with it.
Why aren't you translating the 10 000 lines of text between the one I'm working on, and the most complete SQ2 I have ? :confused:
(2741 battlers and growing, modders' and my own custom scripts all other the place... Darn Frankenstein's SQ2 I have)

As I said, let's first see where we get with a simple version.

Provide me with a fully translated mod, and I'll get it integrated and running in no time. Pinky swear.

uzil said:
I cannot thank you enough.
I barely reached 20% of the point I was at 2 years ago... So, don't thank me, send me bug reports :p

Attachments

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

I went with the succubus family. Turns out I had forgotten how much I hated common events. Bleh.

in the zip:
- a base .txt file I managed to extract. Question: is that even remotely workable?
- 2 open office tables with the succubus talk tree.
Question: is my translation ok? (more my interpretaion, I guess)

I won't ever do another of these tables - took me thrice the time I could have had the relevant common event translated with.
I'll try and think a way around.

@all who actually want to help:
what do you think you need, and what would you rather work with? (in terms of raw text material, and perhaps format / guidelines?
The txt files confuse me, but that's probably because most of it isn't anything I have to concern myself with, aside from the actual Japanese dialogue.

The tables look really good though, and the one you provided actually looks pretty solid. The only tweak I would suggest is... in the M16-27 cell, change from "Keep quiet and let her alone?" to "Keep quiet and let continue?".

Aside from that, that looks really good. The amount of dialogue in this game is impressive, and it really would make the game far more fun with it all translated. I can understand starting with the simplest form first, so at least that works, before having to worry about the bazillion mods out there.

Or the female protag option which probably involves entirely different text trees...

uzil

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whelp, I made a modest effort on that text file you posted. There were a few lines I was completely clueless about, but for the most part I think it'll do.

Attachments