What's new

RPG [Architect] Monstergirls Unlimited RPG RPGMaker

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
DEVELOPMENT ON THIS GAME HAS STOPPED
FINAL & LATEST VERSION FROM ME IS 0.9
DEBUGGED VERSIONS HAVE BEEN MADE BY LAZYDUDE AND OTHERS

The MGU RPG was my first attempt to make a H-game, created using RPGMaker VX. This was directly after I tried out the Rape Quest game which featured a female adventuress traveling around a VX-created world and getting raped during battles or quests. I had recently also read the Monstergirl Encyclopedia created by Kenkou Cross. It seemed to me that these two things were a perfect fit! Why didn't an RPG exist about the Monstergirl Encyclopedia world when it clearly drew elements from traditional RPGs? I heard Kenkou Cross was working to make a JRPG, but at the time it was years away, and I realized nobody was going to make an English-language version of that game, so I thought to myself - well, why don't I give it a shot?

This entire game was basically just me learning to use RPGMaker to make adult games, but from version 0.1 all the way to version 0.9, the online community has provided unexpectedly high levels of support, encouragement, bug testings, suggestions, and all that good stuff. I have to thank you all for that. Working on this game has expanded my skillset tremendously.

Because of various reasons, however, I had to stop development after version 0.9; the reasons for this I'll state below:

1. After finishing 0.9, I enlisted in the military for a few years. When I returned to civilian life, it had been years, and it's very hard to return to a creative project you stopped working on years ago; anyone who has created anything artistically (stories, games, movies, etc.) can testify to that.

2. The original creator of the Monstergirl Encyclopaedia (whose artwork and setting this game was based on) has made it clear that he no longer supports the forums on which this game was first developed on and titled after, namely "MonsterGirls Unlimited" (or "MGU"). While I'm open to making another monstergirl-themed game, the name "MGU" isn't appropriate anymore - especially if and when using Monstergirl Encyclopaedia or KC content. Plus, there are certain copyright issues since the game uses his artwork and he's monetized his artwork in multiple ways since I made this game.

3. This game had more bugs than a termite-infested house because a total amateur (me) made it.

4. Because I worked alone and I only had skills as a writer, much of the music and artwork were used without permission in the game as stand-ins. Since it's a free-to-play game, it isn't much of an issue, but I've decided that I want to work with original content moving on.

So while I'll continue making adult game content, I'm not returning to work on this title. My apologies once again.

If you're interested in playing this game, version 0.9 has been debugged multiple times by others and I suggest trying to locate a link from one of the debuggers. I personally do not have any copies of those files.

---

Last edited by a moderator:

shinjai

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Monstergirls Unlimited RPG

Well, I have to say I'm impressed so far. It's better written than most english attempts at making RPGs with adult content using Rpg maker VX that I've seen. (some people have no idea how grammar or spelling work...) I have run into my first bugs though. The game freezes after speaking to the lady on the far right supervising the cockatrices. Also, after my first battle with a slime, the slime encounter picture doesn't disappear and I can't see the map anymore, which makes it impossible to proceed while wandering around blind. Hope to see the final version sometime :)

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Yeah I've fixed that bug. x_x - The rest of the beta runs pretty smooth otherwise.

sahz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

im having trouble with my norton lately and it hates .exe file types and instanly deleted them , very interested in the game though so wondered if you could post a download link for a different file type if possible , thanks

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

What format do you want me to try and convert it to?

sahz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

if you could .rar or . zip it that should be great :) as long as you dont mind obviously , thanks

p.s sorry for late reply

Bananamartyr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Same Norton problem as the guy above me. It'd be nice if you posted a game summary with some images of it. I don't like when people don't show images of the game.

Pyreheart

Reputation score

Not sure why, but I'm having problems running this at all. Got it installed and such, but it won't run. I get the fun "RGSS202E.dll could not be found" line. I do have versions of RPGM though, since I can run things like RapeQuest..

So what do I need, and where can I get it?

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Just wanna say, nice game so far!
I hope that you keep progressing on it ;)

Cheers.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Im having the same problem as Pyreheart. missing a .dll file

slpowerhouse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Not sure why, but I'm having problems running this at all. Got it installed and such, but it won't run. I get the fun "RGSS202E.dll could not be found" line. I do have versions of RPGM though, since I can run things like RapeQuest..

So what do I need, and where can I get it?
Im having the same problem as Pyreheart. missing a .dll file
You both need to get the RPG game maker RTP look in the RPG game maker thread for a link to the RTPs. I would suggest downloading and installing all of them since if you get any other RPG game maker games you will need the RTP for the version it was made in.

naicore

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Played this a bit and I love it, good idea using the monstergirls

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Good game.. Albeit, It seems good path is the only available path at the moment... *Wants to go evil and slaughter everyone, burn the sanctuary and kill everything! First starting with the churchs enemies and then the church itself.*

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

Good game.. Albeit, It seems good path is the only available path at the moment... *Wants to go evil and slaughter everyone, burn the sanctuary and kill everything! First starting with the churchs enemies and then the church itself.*
second this. Replace slaughter with rape though.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

For those with the dll problem, the vx rtp in the rpgmaker thread is the japanese version, so it may not have RGSS202E.dll, if that's the case you need the english vx rtp that you can find .

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

My copy wasn't working either even after making sure to have the VX RTP installed. However if you open the "Game.ini" in the MGU RPG folder and change the 'Library=RGSS202E.dll' to 'Library=RGSS200E.dll' it seems to work fine.

Now I did install the RTP from the RPG maker games thread here, I don't know if there is a newer one out somewhere or not.

Anyway nice game, I'm looking forward to see how it progresses.

EDIT:Yep, new download has the needed file.

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for playing the game guys. I appreciate all the feedback and bug reporting. I've debugged the game and fixed the most glaring errors, and also, added an RTP fix so that people without RPG Maker can still play the game without any issues. The game has also been extended to include a boss stage. Here's the download link to version 0.4:

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

BLASPHEMY! erhmmm I mean DAMNATION! I deleted the game along with saves after playing it... Does anyone have a save before the demo end?
PWEEASSEEEE

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I love this game! It's amazing! I only encountered a slime, but i noticed a bug with it... i won the fight with the first slime, but it gave the ending pic for the slime (Boobjob) instead of the map. But I could still move. just couldn't see myself.

hurtman

Lurker
Reputation score

it seem to be a nice game , but l cant open the .exe file . :(

can you convert it to rar or zip plz:)?