What's new

Night Games [turn-based text rpg, sexfighting]

Anon17564

Lurker
Reputation score
A user on Fenoxo's forums by the name of "The Silver Bard" has been working on this wonderful little text-based sexfighting rpg called Night Games.

Link to thread: Link to dev's blog:

The general idea is that you are invited to join a sexfighting competition which takes place at night at your college. It's the player (male) vs. four (later five) female NPCs, each with their own distinct personality and fighting style. Simple idea, wander around the campus until you bump into a girl at which point you have to try to make them orgasm before they make you. As you level up, you can put points into Power, Seduction and Cunning, which will unlock further abilities and techniques.

The combat has a surprising amount of depth. Your various techniques will target your opponent's stamina and arousal, but you can also use your turns to gain advantages during the fight. For example, if you Shove an opponent, you might knock her down - at which point you can try to mount her and cause her to have to try to struggle free.

After around level 10 you and the girls start to unlock more diverse abilities. Also, doing activities during the day with the girls can trigger scenes which unlock additional attacks for both you and the girls (for example, choosing to have sex with Jewel can unlock the Spiral Thrust technique).

I really like this one, I recommend it.

YoukaiFan

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Night Games [turn-based text rpg, sexfighting]

This is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing it.

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

text based bf means there are no cgs or any other animations right?

if that's true then i cant goo with thad, because games and movies already killed my fantasy imaginations,:(

and h games without cgs aren't h games

DarkfallDC

Lurker
Reputation score

How do you actually run the game? I downloaded it, but don't see an EXE.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's a java based game

sotonto

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

To expand on what zodiark said...
To run a java app you need the (if you browsed any site that used java you most surely have it installed), then in windows you can simply double click and it will run, unless you are running another locale than that in which you installed the vm, then, also with linux.
Through command line or console(same thing, dont kill me purists), go to the folder where you have the .jar and run the command "java -jar [jarname]" replacing [jarname] with the file name including extension (.jar)

OP
Anon17564

Anon17564

Lurker
Reputation score

text based bf means there are no cgs or any other animations right?

if that's true then i cant goo with thad, because games and movies already killed my fantasy imaginations,:(

and h games without cgs aren't h games
No CGs. I didn't read the entire thread, but I think he's planning on adding some at some point. In the current state, however, it's entirely 100% text.

damiangrey

Demon Girl
Reputation score

To expand on what zodiark said...
To run a java app you need the (if you browsed any site that used java you most surely have it installed), then in windows you can simply double click and it will run, unless you are running another locale than that in which you installed the vm, then, also with linux.
Through command line or console(same thing, dont kill me purists), go to the folder where you have the .jar and run the command "java -jar [jarname]" replacing [jarname] with the file name including extension (.jar)
Call me dumb, but i can't seem to find this .jar file you speak of anywhere after i downloaded the thing. Just a buttload of CLASS files and an RSA and an MF file.

DudePerson

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For me, the text and buttons keep dissapearing. Anyone else get that? Win 8 x64

takerukun

Reputation score

Call me dumb, but i can't seem to find this .jar file you speak of anywhere after i downloaded the thing. Just a buttload of CLASS files and an RSA and an MF file.
The .jar file is a glorified .zip file. Try running the file you unpacked.

*Goes back to lurking*

darkwhite1602

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

at the end of the day it tells me to save but i don't know how. help

Anowon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Click save, type in the name you want for your save file, and click open. Don't know WHY it says open instead of save, but it works.

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

Click save, type in the name you want for your save file, and click open. Don't know WHY it says open instead of save, but it works.
k that's what I did, however how do i load it now? because I don't see it anywhere

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

Click "Load" in the middle of the top of the window.

Anyway it's a shame that it becomes repetitive in a very short time, just a bit of variation would go a long way.
right, i press load and then i have to find the save file, which isn't there because it was never made even though i had done the first step you told me

stuntcock42

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

right, i press load and then i have to find the save file, which isn't there because it was never made even though i had done the first step you told me
Possible explanations:
  • You're running the .jar file from a restricted location (such as c:\Program Files\whatever) and/or you're attempting to create your saved-game file in a restricted location. The file-creation process will fail automatically (you won't get a UAC prompt for elevated permissions) but the game will not generate an error message or warning.
    • Solution: move the game file (NightGames-pp.jar) to a non-sensitive folder (such as c:\Downloads) and run it from there. The save-game dialog will attempt to generate a new file in the same folder as the .jar file, so you shouldn't encounter any further access-denied problems.
  • You're attempting to generate a saved-game file using an invalid filename (e.g. your filename includes a colon, fancy Unicode characters, etc). This process will fail silently, as described above.
    • Solution: use a very simple filename (such as "test.sav").
  • Your filepath is valid but it includes complex characters (e.g. c:\ててててて\test.sav) and/or it is very long (c:\folder\subfolder\lotsMoreSubfolders\test.sav). The save process will fail silently, as described above.
    • Solution: use a short and simple path. Move the game file closer to the root directory.
  • At the save dialog, you type in a filename but then click "Cancel" instead of "Open."
    • Solution: don't click "Cancel." Type in the desired filename and then press Enter. Or type it in and then click "Open."
  • You're running anti-virus or security software which prevents unauthorized Java programs from creating local files.
    • Solution: try disabling your security software before launching the game, then re-enable it afterwards. If you're a skilled operator then you may be able to add a whitelist entry, custom rule, or policy tweak (so that you can keep your security software running while playing the game).

damiangrey

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The .jar file is a glorified .zip file. Try running the file you unpacked.

*Goes back to lurking*
Holy crap wow I am dumb... Thanks for the catch there.

edit: Ok maybe not so dumb, just horribly unfamiliar with java. (7 google searches and way too many acronyms later i finally get it)

Last edited:

Psychopatrick88

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Click "Load" in the middle of the top of the window.

Anyway it's a shame that it becomes repetitive in a very short time, just a bit of variation would go a long way.
It's funny, because the blog talks about how it implemented succubi, and apparently a fifth character named Reyka. I also look in the unzipped jar file and see a folder with class files for pets, and I see Fairy, Goblin, Imp, and Slime, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to come across any of these.

stuntcock42

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It's funny, because the blog talks about how it implemented succubi, and apparently a fifth character named Reyka. I also look in the unzipped jar file and see a folder with class files for pets, and I see Fairy, Goblin, Imp, and Slime, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to come across any of these.
Reyka is a succubus (and a shapeshifter). The pets are summoned in-battle after you reach level 10 and learn Arcane magic.

The saved games are in plaintext; you can just boost your level (and give yourself lots of cash) if you want to explore the late-game content. If you do so then it would be a good idea to boost the girls' levels as well - the dating scenes have special variations which don't appear until both participants reach level 10.

Try to avoid the temptation to use everything (e.g. martial arts, cursed artifacts, magic, gadgets, traps, potions) with a single character, because soon your battle menu has 30 different options and the UI won't stretch to accommodate all of them.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Level10 does indeed gate some content,
you and your enemies get access to additional skills,
including some "summon familiar" skills.

For the most part, if it's mentioned in the changelog on their blog,
it's probably in the game and works, other things may still be WIP.
There's some code in the game for herms and the start of a catgirl, but that doesn't seem to be there yet.

I agree that the game gets a bit repetitive, but I guess there's not too much they can do - perhaps more areas with effects...
I find the combat balance a bit odd - enemies only get interesting abilities a few levels in, but by that time your stats are so high they'll mostly miss.
Still, I suppose a new save dedicated to leveling an idiot would work...

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

Possible explanations:
  • You're running the .jar file from a restricted location (such as c:\Program Files\whatever) .
[/list]
you were right, thanks!