What's new

ACT Patreon Active [nonoplayer] Tentacles Thrive

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Always a good Business Deal v1.06 + Tentacles Thrive

This game looks very good, not only do the animation look top-notch, but also the game itself looks like fun! Keep up the good work! I'm following your steps!:D
Thanks, and welcome aboard XD!

I gotta say, those animations for the monsters themselves look very smooth. But in comparison the big H-animations look quite janky. I get that they're drawn frame by frame, and that that takes time, but at the same time having some more frames in the animation would do wonders I think.

How was that animation for "Always a good business deal" done in the first post? That one looks very smooth.
Glad someone finally asks ^O^ The animation in Always a Good Business Deal is done in Blender. You cut up the characters, put them into layers, rig them and then animate (similar effect can be done by After Effects, and faster). Because it is computer generated, you can produce as many in between frames as you like. But it has its limit: it cannot achieve actual 3D. Where as hand-drawn animation like we have in Tentacles Thrive has no limitations, other than time.

Though we will have computer generated animation for various endings. The art style would be different, as 2.5D effect is most optimized with more realistic colorings.

derp01

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Always a good Business Deal v1.06 + Tentacles Thrive

Damn this looks pretty great

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Battle prototype v1.0 public version coming up!

I am gonna release the battle prototype v1.0 to everyone tomorrow, with some minor fixes and never seen before monsters' animation!

Join us and start early on this adventure~

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Public Alpha Prototype v1.0
Long time no update on here~ Attaching the link to the Alpha Prototype v1.0.
Please be aware that this is a very short prototype, things end after you click the peak. As most of the design of higher level gameplay and intro are only completed at the end of last month, many assets created afterward are not implemented. I won't be uploading this version to newgrounds, as there isn't enough to show for.

However, I can list the features that are being worked on:

Explore - Discover new species or items as Lilith within acquired territories
Diary - Display status of possessions and ending progress
Hunting - Get food resources
Queen's Nest - Allow for random Tentacles species to mate with Lilith until pregnant
Bonding - Level up a specific Tentacle monster by various activities like play, copulation etc. Result can affect ending
Royal Army - Manage the invasion squad
Costume - Can be sold for gold (incomplete concept)
Tentacles Encyclopedia - Check discovered species lore
Trade - Exchange resources with Humana Kingdom
Tribute - Exchange peace agreement with enemies
Message - Speed up story to acquire things
Scouting - Assign a monster to discover intel on acquired or enemies' territories
Defend - Assign monsters or offer to Humana Kingdom to defend enemy from taking back acquired territories
Capture Slaves - Assign monsters to capture slaves in acquired territories
Invade - Expand territory!

Each monster also have non-battle attributes that can be leveled up through using them on battle or bonding with Lilith. These attributes are different on each monster, even if they are of same species. Much like Pokemon Go~

Senses
Intelligence
Traveling
Endurance
Cooperativeness
Appearance
Camouflage
Special

All the above features are targeted to be implemented into Alpha, with those related to H-content as priority, along with an intro stage where the features are introduced in a more linear manner.

For more updates on progress, please feel free to read the Patreon post~

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
As always gorgeous artwork, But the demo was, uh, pretty much nothing. Not to be rude, but I'm not sure why you even bothered when its just ~5 text-boxes and then its already over.
Maybe I missed something, but after the initial intro there's nothing left to click other than the peak, and as you yourself said thats where the demo ends.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. It's just the one image in the town (which was nice) and then the game breaks when you click on the mountain?

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Haha not rude at all. Yea it was the beginning of the draft, as I wanted to show everyone the progress each month. I should have named it alpha draft instead. Much progress has been made since then. I will publish new version next week!

Also, Merry Christmas to you all!

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for all the patience! I have uploaded the game to my favorite game portal, Newgrounds. You can try it out through the link above.

Current progress:
-This version ends at where Lilith is being forbidden to return to her home.
-You can still use "Explore" feature to discover another two species in the Tentacles Secret Garden, but there is no "Rest" feature to allow you to advance further just yet.
-No UI to display your monsters nor is the turn system completely implemented just yet.
-Missing after sex scene graphic

I would also like to introduce Jessica Randie, our beloved VA, who will be the voice of our Lilith! She is relentless and a real professional, who had given us revisions upon revisions to achieve what we have in vision for Lilith. Her script reading voice is the sweetest thing we can hope for. I am working with her so we will have a chance to hear it soon!

Zelnik

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Important question. You mentioned mating, does this mean there will be impregnation in this game?

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Haven't been sharing my craft here. Hope everyone is still as active as before.

Patreon v4 (Old saves are not compatible with v4)
-3 New Mating Scenes (Slime Eye, Oturo, Nodder)
-3 New post-5th-scene graphics (Skitz, Harska, Slime Eye)
-New Bonding events for Scorpse and Skitz
-Added Moods system
-Added Benefits system (only Slime Eye and Dolphy are functional)
-UI Improvement
if you are kind enough, I would appreciate some inputs, especially on the new Moods/Benefits system~

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Does this thread have anything to do with your game "Always A Good Business Deal"? Please separate them out into different threads.

XII

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
the mood are good addition to the sim elements i think, but the benefit are better tied with bond level only, since the regular level 20 benefit called special bond, if every benefits are sexual related just like slime eye i think its better just to scrap regular level and raise the bond level limit for the benefits, but then again it might need adjustment for tyrant's lovers from the ending page i saw

will you put sorting mechanic for easier type selecting?
an in game help would be good too, maybe some sort of reminder or doodle on lilith's diary, for dumping gameplay mechanic related stuff

is the VA changed? i remember i didn't like the VA voices i remove my headphone(sorry), but the current one i actually liked, if its changed i hope she sticks around, if not i'm glad shes improving

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
the mood are good addition to the sim elements i think, but the benefit are better tied with bond level only, since the regular level 20 benefit called special bond, if every benefits are sexual related just like slime eye i think its better just to scrap regular level and raise the bond level limit for the benefits, but then again it might need adjustment for tyrant's lovers from the ending page i saw

will you put sorting mechanic for easier type selecting?
an in game help would be good too, maybe some sort of reminder or doodle on lilith's diary, for dumping gameplay mechanic related stuff

is the VA changed? i remember i didn't like the VA voices i remove my headphone(sorry), but the current one i actually liked, if its changed i hope she sticks around, if not i'm glad shes improving
Thank you for trying man!

I wanted the benefits of the creatures to be offering game advantages, like getting more resources, beating harder enemies, so then we can unlock harder endings. On the other hand, I have to admit I am having a tough time to introduce more difficulties/problems to the players, as I feel a lot of people who play adultish games are more into relaxing type of gameplay. Therefore I didn't tie the sexual materials behind Lv. One of my members suggested locking sexual events until the monster reaches say Lv4, 8, 12, 16, 20. I feel it is a great idea because rewards are more proportionate for the leveling effort, but like you said I do not know if players would enjoy it more or less.

Yes right now we have Milky as our VA, she is super talented and I feel confident she would commit til the end of development. And yea I thinking how to offer good tips inside the game. Sorting is also possible.

XII

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
oh i thought the benefits would be full on sexual related, then if its fixed it'll have 1 benefit and 1 special bond benefit at max, the bond level can be increased from 5 bond level to 10 bond level, 5 bond levels for bonding story and the rest for benefit, since bond level 10 will used for special bond benefit you can turn it into trigger for bond level related endings, while the rest of the bond level (level 6~9) can be used to show how impacting the benefit are;
or if you want it kinda interwined with each tentacles lore, maybe benefit unlocked after solving the tentacle request/interest/problem, for example lilith must gave myrmidon riches to unlock his benefit, or lilith must gave birth to butanga's child for his benefit;
or combine both!
or keep the separate level, just make sure the benefits aren't too grindy to get, especially with hidden exp bar like in the alpha demo

as for difficulty maybe try introducing different kind of difficulty, like different food amount required each tentacles, or terrain dis/advantages since from alpha i didn't see any terrain effects(well its alpha for a reason but... to be safe), or rock paper scissor type of mechanic like power > intelligence > speed > power, i think these are common enough for strategy games, i think

i kinda disagree with the permanent recovery decrease from injury though, maybe made it into some sort of status effect, lets call it permanent scarring, this status effect have same effect as the current injury effect (permanently decrease recovery stat, maybe change the penalty into % based than flat decrease?) but will only occur by chance if the tentacle recovering from injury by the natural means (maybe the chance getting higher the more injury points recovered by natural means?), and it will not occur if lilith nurse them, this also could potentially encourage players to nurse the injured tentacles than just swap and wait them to recover, this hypothetical permanent scarring can be tweaked more too, like stacking effect, or potentially affecting other stats

and lastly, are this game still have time limit? since i saw 365 rounds ending and 730 rounds ending

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
oh i thought the benefits would be full on sexual related, then if its fixed it'll have 1 benefit and 1 special bond benefit at max, the bond level can be increased from 5 bond level to 10 bond level, 5 bond levels for bonding story and the rest for benefit, since bond level 10 will used for special bond benefit you can turn it into trigger for bond level related endings, while the rest of the bond level (level 6~9) can be used to show how impacting the benefit are;
or if you want it kinda interwined with each tentacles lore, maybe benefit unlocked after solving the tentacle request/interest/problem, for example lilith must gave myrmidon riches to unlock his benefit, or lilith must gave birth to butanga's child for his benefit;
or combine both!
or keep the separate level, just make sure the benefits aren't too grindy to get, especially with hidden exp bar like in the alpha demo

as for difficulty maybe try introducing different kind of difficulty, like different food amount required each tentacles, or terrain dis/advantages since from alpha i didn't see any terrain effects(well its alpha for a reason but... to be safe), or rock paper scissor type of mechanic like power > intelligence > speed > power, i think these are common enough for strategy games, i think

i kinda disagree with the permanent recovery decrease from injury though, maybe made it into some sort of status effect, lets call it permanent scarring, this status effect have same effect as the current injury effect (permanently decrease recovery stat, maybe change the penalty into % based than flat decrease?) but will only occur by chance if the tentacle recovering from injury by the natural means (maybe the chance getting higher the more injury points recovered by natural means?), and it will not occur if lilith nurse them, this also could potentially encourage players to nurse the injured tentacles than just swap and wait them to recover, this hypothetical permanent scarring can be tweaked more too, like stacking effect, or potentially affecting other stats

and lastly, are this game still have time limit? since i saw 365 rounds ending and 730 rounds ending
Good inputs. We can keep brainstorming. The things is, we have to be careful not making the game to have too many exceptions/complex. Otherwise players won't discover the mechanism, or I will have to spend too much time in tutorials. The permanent reduction is a mechanism to encourage players to diversify their monsters. Otherwise, they might use a few good monsters for the entire game.

The endings are not implemented yet. But yes, if we want those endings, they come with time challenge.

Last edited:

XII

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Otherwise players won't discover the mechanism
players always a wild card _(:3」∠)_
The permanent reduction is a mechanism to encourage players to diversify their monsters
while i see your point,
they might use a few good monsters for the entire game.
this kinda inevitable, they would just create copies and cycle through them

but who knows right, maybe it'll work on H-games
The endings are implemented yet. But yes, if we want those endings, they come with time challenge.
so if lilith reached one of the ending its not game end then?

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
players always a wild card _(:3」∠)_

while i see your point,

this kinda inevitable, they would just create copies and cycle through them

but who knows right, maybe it'll work on H-games

so if lilith reached one of the ending its not game end then?
Sorry I meant not implemented yet. Hmm, it doesn't end, but I am planning to take away most of the players' monsters, but offer some game+ items. No concrete plan yet, still gathering more thoughts.