What's new

Night Games [turn-based text rpg, sexfighting]

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Night Games [turn-based text rpg, sexfighting]

wow, i remembered playing this game years(lot of years) ago, and look where it is now, i'll probably donate to your patreon (didn't even knew you had one) keep the good work man!!!

EDIT: i may be stupid, but i downloaded the file from the developer blog and i dont see the game file, am i doing something wrong?

EDIT 2: yes i am stupid, there's a FAQ with steps to follw...

Last edited:

The Silver Bard

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You know, this latest update makes me wonder just how much free time the girls all have during Day/Dawn phases. They're now building relationship points with each other a lot faster than I am, and I've done nothing but visit 2-3 of them for the most part.
So, here's the downside to a long development cycle. Occasionally I forget that I've already worked on an issue.

At some point that I can't remember, I decided to have NPCs gain multiple affection points when visiting each other, since they were only doing it once per day.

At some later point, I was overhauling the NPC daytime system and included some code to have them visit other NPCs multiple times per day, forgetting that I had made the above change.

So now they visit each other 2-5 times per day and gain 1-3 affection each time. Something I'm going to have to fix next update.

To be fair it's easily understandable that the female start isn't going to happen.

Just thinking about the art cost and writing cost... personally I prefer games that focus on male or female character but not both.
I actually like giving players the choice of gender, Night Games simply has too much existing content to catch up. Most of the designs I've written up for future games include the option for a male or female player character from the start. I think that will be much more manageable than trying to shoehorn it in later.

wow, i remembered playing this game years(lot of years) ago, and look where it is now, i'll probably donate to your patreon (didn't even knew you had one) keep the good work man!!!
I'm glad you're a fan. The Patreon is only about a year and a half old, so it probably wasn't around when you first played.

Tokita

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So now they visit each other 2-5 times per day and gain 1-3 affection each time. Something I'm going to have to fix next update.
While we're on the subject, do affection points...affect anything else besides whom an NPC is more likely to help when intervening in a night battle (and acquiring new scenes/skills when visiting an NPC during the day, which we've previously discussed)?

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've usually only seen that overlap happening when the window couldn't fit the rows. What's your display resolution? I'll do some testing.
My screen resolution is 1366 x 768. I don't know what resolution the game window is running in by default, but I can fullscreen it without it helping at all.

There's plenty of room on-screen for the third line to move down a couple of spaces to keep the text clear. it just doesn't.

The Silver Bard

Demon Girl
Reputation score

While we're on the subject, do affection points...affect anything else besides whom an NPC is more likely to help when intervening in a night battle (and acquiring new scenes/skills when visiting an NPC during the day, which we've previously discussed)?
It's mostly those things. It will also influence which NPCs are more likely to train together, which can result in them getting a few extra attribute points. That's not a big deal long term.

My screen resolution is 1366 x 768. I don't know what resolution the game window is running in by default, but I can fullscreen it without it helping at all.

There's plenty of room on-screen for the third line to move down a couple of spaces to keep the text clear. it just doesn't.
Ok, I was troubleshooting UI adjustments for users with 720 height screens before this release. I'll do some more testing with your resolution and try to have a fix in the next update.

Reputation score

Just wanted to say a few things:

I've been watching this game since before the mod in fenoxo and I'd like to thank you for the work you've done here. It's a wonderful game and the AI is damn well-done.

It's been really interesting to see how this has grown-now with art, no less.

Hopefully I'll eventually have the money to do Patreon.

damiangrey

Demon Girl
Reputation score

[*]Yui can now be unlocked as an opponent by talking to Aesop after she pledges her loyalty and you’ve visited her a few times
How many times is a few? What flags do I need to proc this?

The Silver Bard

Demon Girl
Reputation score

How many times is a few? What flags do I need to proc this?
3-4 times should be sufficient. I discovered a bug recently where you currently can't reach that branch of the conversation tree if Yui is the only NPC available to unlock. I'll correct this in the next update, but if you need to force the event in the meantime, you should be able to do so by adding the YuiUnlocking flag to your save file.

The Silver Bard

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Quick announcement:
I just put out a bugfix update that corrects most of the issues that came up in this thread. Probably not the resolution scaling one. I can't replicate that one using any of the display settings available on my laptop.

Thorn14

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I remember a mod or something having the PC be female. But that was a while ago

Is that at all relevant to this lately? Or is the official version male MC only?

The Silver Bard

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I remember a mod or something having the PC be female. But that was a while ago

Is that at all relevant to this lately? Or is the official version male MC only?
The PC is male only. If you really want to, you can open up the save file using notepad or notepad++ and change the player's gender from male to female. All the scenes will still show a male PC, but that's true of the mod too.