What's new

[RPG Maker] The Producer

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score
In The Producer, you work as a brand new producer making adult movies. You just got hired by a large production company, and have to prove yourself by getting new talent, and shooting them to stardom. The game is being made as an SLG style game, using Tyrano Builder. It was inspired by games like Sim-Girl and the Tsumamigui series, but with more of an emphasis on H. I'm considering changing to RPG Maker MV, because Tyrano Builder is a bit more limiting than I expected. Doing so would make the exploration more in-depth, as it would take place by walking around an actual city, instead of just clicking a location on a map. If anyone has an opinion on this, feel free to let me know!

There will be a few different aspects to the game. The main three being:
Recruiting - Where you explore the city and recruit women to become your new starlets.
Training - Where you'll train your starlets skills for better movies, which will make you more money.
Filming Scenes - Where you'll film scenes with your starlets to make money.
You'll be able to spend your money on various things such as new outfits and toys for your starlets, as well as the option to hire hookers to film scenes with.

There's currently 5 recruit-able women planned for the game. I'll be primarily focusing on one, and then expanding the game to include the other 4. The first one being Stella, the girl pictured in the header of my . There's currently more than 30 scenes planned for each individual character.
The hookers will be a different story though. They'll be primarily parodies of characters, although I may include some character designs I have that I don't plan on using too. I'll be fairly regularly adding new scenes for them, and I'll be doing polls to determine what characters will be added. You can also put a character of your choosing in through one of the pledge rewards on my !

I'm still working on getting a working build going, so for now, all I have to show for now is the design for Stella.

Last edited:

juzotogo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Tyrano Builder] The Producer

Sounds somewhat ambitious. Good luck to you. Glad to hear about pre planning.

OP
Shinji62

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Tyrano Builder] The Producer

Thanks! I was getting to the point where I'd have something presentable, but Tyranobuilder is more limiting than I expected. I'm considering switching development to RPG Maker MV, and expanding on the exploration element of the game. There won't be any battling, but instead of just clicking a location on the map, you'd have to actually explore the city to find who you're looking for. It could add an interesting element to the game, and I've got a lot of experience making RPG Maker games, so it'd be done faster for sure. I'm just not sure though, because there's so many RPG Maker games these days.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Tyrano Builder/RPG Maker] The Producer

It's better to use what can give you more resources and assets to work with, as opposed to limiting what you can do. So, it's probably better to use RPG Maker.

juzotogo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Im not familiar at all with Tyrano Builder. I use Novelty, its quite good though there are some bugs with it; it never left beta. - If you want to take peak.

Novelty is at the core a Visual Novel maker. There are probably others too.

OP
Shinji62

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's better to use what can give you more resources and assets to work with, as opposed to limiting what you can do. So, it's probably better to use RPG Maker.
That's a good point. I had wanted to change things up and make a strictly visual novel style SLG, but you're definitely right about using what can give more resources and assets.

Im not familiar at all with Tyrano Builder. I use Novelty, its quite good though there are some bugs with it; it never left beta. - If you want to take peak.

Novelty is at the core a Visual Novel maker. There are probably others too.
I love Novelty, I had found it and played around with it a couple of years ago. When I looked into it, it was made fairly clear that the creator didn't want it used for commercial use, unless you bought a license through the company that was used to make Novelty (I don't remember the name or anything). As Novelty wasn't built from the ground up, and was made using another company's engine. This was before Patreon was a thing, and because of it, it sits in a bit of a grey area. I'm sure the people who started making Novelty wouldn't really care, but the other company may care a bit more.
It also only has confirmed support through Windows 7, and with Windows 7 out the door, I'm afraid it wont be compabitle with 10, possibly limiting the number of people who can play the game. Especially if it ends up taking a couple of years to 100% complete. I don't have 10, so I can't test it either.

I thought Novelty was fantastic. I was able to do almost anything I wanted with it, but based on the research I did, it's just a bit too risky to use, in my opinion. As opposed to Tyrano Builder, which is still fairly new, and is fairly regularly getting updates. And is also allowed to be used for any purpose, given that you bought it (which I did).

I think I'm going to just transition over to RPG Maker for this game. I've never done a VN style game with it before, but I'm going to look into possibly doing that, before making it using standard RPG Maker assets though.

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RPG Maker] The Producer

https://www.patreon.com/posts/meet-melanie-8678706

Please delete plagiarized content on your Patreon. The character and concept you are using is from a big company and you'll get in DEEP trouble. I strongly recommend you abandon and delete this thread before you violate work ethics.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Hahaha, how'd you think you'd get away with that? Who HASN'T seen batman beyond? Need to wait at least 20 years before we start dying off to pull something like this.

OP
Shinji62

Shinji62

Demon Girl
Reputation score

https://www.patreon.com/posts/meet-melanie-8678706

Please delete plagiarized content on your Patreon. The character and concept you are using is from a big company and you'll get in DEEP trouble. I strongly recommend you abandon and delete this thread before you violate work ethics.
It's a parody, which isn't plaigarism. It falls under fair use. If you think the artwork is official and stolen, then I'm certainly flattered, because it's original. I even have the pdf of the base I made, and all the costumes I've made so far, to prove it. Also, considering the likes of Rogue-Like and Something Unlimited exist and are making thousands of dollars a month on Patreon, I'm not worried about it. SU did get in a little trouble a while ago because of the original name of the game, but the name got changed and it was fine. As long as it's clearly stated in the game that it's a parody, it very clearly falls under fair use laws.

Kiwi&Melon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you're going to use RPG maker, I recommend doing something to make it look a little nicer than your average RPG-Maker game that is flooding the market. Definitely try to use original art