What's new

Do you play VN/Eroge just to fap, or for plot?

Acac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Do you play VN/Eroge just to fap, or for plot?

I'm not usually into VNs, but I particularly liked the story in Bible Black. I found the main character, Minase, to be quite relatable. He wasn't so much of an anti-hero, as much as he was a non-hero. He was just an ordinary bloke thrown into an extraordinary situation, and he made understandably regrettable decisions. If I were in his shoes, I imagine I would have done the same thing.

OP
rizo

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm not usually into VNs, but I particularly liked the story in Bible Black. I found the main character, Minase, to be quite relatable. He wasn't so much of an anti-hero, as much as he was a non-hero. He was just an ordinary bloke thrown into an extraordinary situation, and he made understandably regrettable decisions. If I were in his shoes, I imagine I would have done the same thing.
I've never got around to playing Bible Black. I might give it a go sometimes.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No fap for me without plot, or at least well made characters.
In hgames, a good nukige should have this "erotic tension" in the game to be arousing for me (mean sexy clothes, chirarism and so on), and characters with actual personality help a lot for that. I'm not fond of characters fucking like rabbits after 2mn into the game too.
In non nukige, hscene isn't really arousing for me, just a logical step in the story. Still mandatory though.

The Fuck Boy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Depends on the game itself, most of the time I'm engaged to the plot.

Mindshard_Dev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So, I go into the game well-intending to play it to a climax (after all, it *is* an eroge/nukige), but I savor the plot as well. For me, a good plot actually enhances the overall pleasure - if I can't care about the characters, I won't be as invested in what happens to them.

Now, in Visual Novels like Fate/SN where there is h-scenes but it isn't the focus, fapping is the farthest thing from my mind until I hit those scenes.

CrazyChameleon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Another one in the .. depends on the game camp.

Either can be good. Games like salvation get a lot of faps. But games like The last Sovereign I play more for plot.

Kronosz12

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Rarly for the plot to :3

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Usually plot, because VN isn't usually a great platform for fap, IMO. VN fap material usually leans heavily on a crapton of words and a few still images. There are exceptions, of course.

Orewa

Reputation score
Well the more I play, the less I can enjoy a VN or an Eroge without a good setting or story. It's easier for me to stay on a game with interresting characters and plot instead of a game that just got nice drawing but fucked up background. That's probably because of my Roleplayer side that I can't stay on those game, I can't have "good" fap on them. So, i'd say it's for the fap on a good plot. :unsure: