What's new

[Tsukinomizu Project] 淫魔領リリム・ユニオン / Lilim Union: Dream Demon Zone (RJ103157)

Status
Not open for further replies.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: 淫魔領リリム・ユニオン

Figure this is worth posting about here: Remember my old demo translation? Well, it's now graduated into a proper partial translation (i.e. all items, menus, skills etc), now that I've finally got RPGMaker Trans's VX support in order. It will eventually graduate into a full translation, but that's for another time.

There's a thread for the translation over at Hongfire: (over there because the pinned first posts are very useful for keeping updates etc. prominent). And because of my stance on such things: no prepatched distribution, please.

thunderbass

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Figure this is worth posting about here: Remember my old demo translation? Well, it's now graduated into a proper partial translation (i.e. all items, menus, skills etc), now that I've finally got RPGMaker Trans's VX support in order. It will eventually graduate into a full translation, but that's for another time.

There's a thread for the translation over at Hongfire: (over there because the pinned first posts are very useful for keeping updates etc. prominent). And because of my stance on such things: no prepatched distribution, please.
Why Patch Translation in Data Folder is .txt it's suppose to be .rvdata is n't it? :confused:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Why Patch Translation in Data Folder is .txt it's suppose to be .rvdata is n't it? :confused:
No, it is not. And how about, you know, reading the instructions in the post?

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Can't you just point to them?
How does one point over the Internet? I mean the instructions are right below the download link; if you don't see them, then there's not really much I can do to help you with that.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, I don't see them... or they are unclear, and/or have been edited...
You surely do not need special help to read the instructions on the which are literally on the line below the download links in the pinned first post. The line starts with "Instructions". I'm not posting them here because if they get changed, it'll cause confusion.

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Read those, doesn't answer the question thunderbass asked: "Why Patch Translation in Data Folder is .txt it's suppose to be .rvdata isn't it?"... unless the downloaded content comes with instruction on how to do/use it (not everyone is good at using editors, or have one to start with).
It's a patch that utilizes the translating tool that he made called prgmakertrans instead of the .rvdata way of doing things that is typical on line marvel. You can get it here
The translation for RyonaRPG(that I'm involved with), and several other games like Violated Hero use it as well.

Unpack rpgmakertrans to a folder. Move the game folder into that folder. Move a folder containing the patch into that folder as well. Run rpgmakertrans. It should be able to detect the game folder, select it in the top option. Then it should detect the patch, select that in the middle. Make sure create patch is not checked. Hit the button to start the process and it should make a folder names the same as the game's folder with a _translated after it, that's your translated game.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have a longstanding policy of no prepatched distribution for translated games - especially of stuff that I've worked on. That includes this. Delete please.

Using RPGMaker Trans is not hard. It comes with a Readme that explains it. If you can't work it out, I put it to you that this is your own problem, and you may not be capable of enjoying the game anyway. Sorry if this sounds offensive to you, but if I did ask nicely for no pre-patched distribution, and finding it here has put me in a bad mood.

Alternatively, follow Hyperk2's instructions. They'll work too.

Also for reference, this isn't me converting into some obscure format. The patch is, and always has been, an RPGMaker Trans patch. And I'm seriously questioning if I should bother with it now.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, the problem i see it, your using something people are not familar with.

When i used the program i had to spend almost a hour to get it to work.
Usally when i do a translation i simply zip it and upload the data folder. Then all the other person need to do is unpack the rgss file and then apply the data folder.

Easy and simple.

But, using that translation patch program, i first had to get the program,
set it up , select all the folders, select the file to translate, rename the folder so it worked since it got a error, and since it didn't have the fullscreen script i had to open the game up and apply the script. Didn't touch anything else.

Not trying to be mean or angry, but habisain keep in mind that other people are not you.

Just because you find it easy to use the program doesn't mean others do.
If i ask this then, why are you using it?
All it seem to do is unpack the rgss anyway and apply the data, it just seems like a extra hassle this way.

Why not just upload the data folder? Simpler for people that doesn't understand.

If i offended you, i'm sorry, i was just trying to help people that didn't understand. -.-,

You done a great job so far, so it would be nice if you kept it up.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Your list of instructions is somewhat flawed. RPGMaker Trans does not require the game to be decrypted. So for your 'standard easy patch' you've got the following steps:

1) Get RGSS unpacker
2) Unpack game
3) Download patch
4) Unzip patch onto game

By contrast, RPGMaker Trans:

1) Get RPGMaker Trans
2) Download Patch
3) Apply Patch onto Game

Not as hard. And no-one has to use a full scren script, so you shouldn't include that in a comparison.

I am aware that other people are not me, but in the first post I made on this I specifically requested no prepatched distrubtion. A sure fire way to piss someone off if you ignore their requests. In particular if they've put in a lot of hard work and people start ignoring their requests and slagging them off because 'it's too hard to apply the patch'. Hard is doing the fucking translation. If you, or anyone else, are seriously telling me that applying a patch is hard work, piss off.

And why I'm using it? It makes translating easier. It eliminates any problems with updates to the game breaking translations, or with the fact there are multiple versions of a game floating around. It enables people to get up-to-date versions of the translation using version control should they wish. It enabled the work I did on the demo of the game to be applied to the full game. It's enabled me to have a partial-partial translation for this game on Day 1 of release. It's enabling me to do a partial translation for another game which will be ready for Day 1 of release. I can keep going on with good reasons to use RPGMaker Trans - plain and simple, it's the superior system. Sure, maybe people don't know it much here, but there's an awful lot of reasons why people should get used to it.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aight i understand then.
My apologies if i made you upset that was not my intention at all.

Let's get the first thing out of the way.
No, you are 100% correct, nobody has to use the fullscreen script.
However, the reason i use it is because of the FPS drop.

When you use the Alt+Enter on some computers ( This is not all) , it causes a FPS drop from 60 to 30.
Using this script which i try to include in every translation you can increase or decrase the window size and apply a new full screen mode. This does not cause the fps drop.

Right , i understand that translations are hard work, ive done quite a few so far.
I appreciate all the work that is put into every translation made by someone and that people like my work as well, is why i keep doing them.

Again, im not trying to aggrivate you or make you angry by saying that just because you think things are easy for you and not for others.
But, you should try to understand that unless you explain it people aren't going to know what to do.
I get that applying a patch is not that hard if you know what to do, but if you do not then it is hard until you understand what to do. That is what im trying to say. But once you know what to do in future its easier the next time this problem comes up. Ive had plenty of trouble applying patches, but reading the instructions i figured it out eventually.

I can see how this RPGMaker Trans can be useful by how you are describing it, but i see here:
"XP/VX Ace Support coming soon"
And most newer games uses the VX Ace engine. There are still some that uses VX so yeah you can use it for that.

So, let's just leave it at this habisain.
You wanna use RPGMaker Trans? Okay fine, it's your choice.
Anyone have problem using it? I'll make a tutorial right now for you people.

Edit:

And done!
[How to use] RPGMaker Trans - Tutorial
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=652062

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can see how this RPGMaker Trans can be useful by how you are describing it, but i see here:
"XP/VX Ace Support coming soon"
And most newer games uses the VX Ace engine. There are still some that uses VX so yeah you can use it for that.

So, let's just leave it at this habisain.
You wanna use RPGMaker Trans? Okay fine, it's your choice.
Anyone have problem using it? I'll make a tutorial right now for you people.
Two things and then I'll let this drop:

1) If you had just made decided to do a tutorial first off, this entire incident would have been averted - it obviously satisfies everyone doing this. Try not to piss people off next time, even if you think you're somehow doing everyone a favour.
2) VX Ace support is like, tomorrow. Maybe hours away.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Again, i am very sorry. I will not try to repeat this issue again.
My intentions was just to help others.

Very well, i will keep my eyes open.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Again, i am very sorry. I will not try to repeat this issue again.
My intentions was just to help others.

Very well, i will keep my eyes open.
Just to make things clear in the public fora (rather than PMs), no hard feelings. And thanks for posting the tutorial (I gave some comments on it in that thread).

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score

With all the arguing about keeping the translation from being easy to play, I'm having trouble finding the actual translated files posted in this thread. :O

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's because they're over at - mainly due to Hongfire having pinned first posts, which makes the files easy to find. (Or, technically even which hosts the repo of the translation)

Also, to reiterate a point: I'm certainly not trying to keep the translation from being easy to play. If anything, distributing the pre-patched files is an impediment to people being able to get updates easily (which is kinda important to a work-in-progress like this), and RPGMaker Trans isn't any harder to use than the unpackers you have to use to apply a binary patch.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Also, to reiterate a point: I'm certainly not trying to keep the translation from being easy to play. If anything, distributing the pre-patched files is an impediment to people being able to get updates easily (which is kinda important to a work-in-progress like this), and RPGMaker Trans isn't any harder to use than the unpackers you have to use to apply a binary patch.
Amazing stuff Habisain. I've actually been quietly following your progress with the RPGMaker trans tool for awhile now.

That said, most people (here, at least) are just plain used to the other method, so it's not so much about the amount of work involved, as it is being something new and completely foreign to them. What we really need are some big translation projects using your tool to expose people to how it works, and why it works well. Of course, Lilim Union is a great game to do that with.

Here's to hoping that all of this works out better than expected.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Amazing stuff Habisain. I've actually been quietly following your progress with the RPGMaker trans tool for awhile now.

That said, most people (here, at least) are just plain used to the other method, so it's not so much about the amount of work involved, as it is being something new and completely foreign to them. What we really need are some big translation projects using your tool to expose people to how it works, and why it works well. Of course, Lilim Union is a great game to do that with.

Here's to hoping that all of this works out better than expected.
Thanks for the thought. I know there's more than a few people using it now (I've had bug reports from a number of other users here - not sure on all of the projects that use it...), but not all the patches are being distributed/available as RPGMaker Tans patch files (which irks me somewhat, but whatever). Maybe if I implemented extra compression so that the patches can be even smaller... (then again, that'd probably be in the tar.xz format due to Python bindings, but tar.xz is somewhat obscure on Windows..)

Somewhat annoyingly though Lilium Union isn't actually an ideal poster child for RPGMaker Trans - at least not from my perspective as the guy who used it to test RPGMaker Trans. It turns out that the game is actually very conservative in terms of the features that can be used (i.e. extensions from Ruby) and so by basing my testing around Lilium Union, RPGMaker Trans ended up with quite poor compatibility. Doh.

Incidentally, just to throw this out there as another RPGMaker Trans advantage: try patching some other random game with the Lilium Union patch. You should at least get a menu translation (probably not items, but maybe some...) out of it (though it might overwrite the title image, but whatever...). One of the things I'm mulling over is a "universal partial translation patch" project, which could be kinda interesting. And something completely impossible for other methods.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey, sorry for the necro, but I talked to Habisain and he didn't seem to have a fix for this;

I have the latest version of the game (1.10), have the latest patch, and I've got the latest RPGMaker Trans, and a full game save.

The translation patch says it works ok, and it patches successfully... but only the events in the demo (the two slimes, the first few events) are actually translated, and everything else is left untranslated, including all CG events both in and out of battle.

Anyone know what the problem is?

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wait-wait-wait, I thought that you were just complaining about enemy names not being translated, not actual events and stuff! The Lilium Union Translation project is incomplete, I'm afraid. There's a lot more info on why at the Hongfire thread (tldr: it's not a very fun game to translate, I've been busy, and VPM has got my attention at the moment).

Anyhow, to quote from the Hongfire thread first post: " What's translated: Quite a lot. The majority of the content from the demo remains translated, so the first chapter of the game (although I know, for example, some of Katarina's lines are no longer translated). I've also translated a handful of other things, mostly at random. Finally, the main draw would be that *every* item, skill, enemy, menu should be translated, so I believe this counts as a "partial" translation. Note however this targets the latest version of the game. If you use an earlier version, your mileage may vary."

So yeah, sorry but it's just an incomplete patch at the moment that's the problem.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I do intend to finish this translation project - one day.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wait-wait-wait, I thought that you were just complaining about enemy names not being translated, not actual events and stuff!
Ah, my bad (and sorry if it came off as complaining, trust me, I appreciate the effort! I was just unsure if I was doing something wrong etc.)!

To be clear though, the only CG event or battle text that IS translated on my version is;

-Blue Slime, Red Slime
-The first robot you fight
-Obsidian Darkness

All other enemy CG/battle text is untranslated besides the enemy names, etc.
EDIT: A good deal of enemy names are actually untranslated on mine during the CG scenes as well.

As far as regular sex events;

-Iris's 1st scene of training
-Novice Prostitute Job
-Exchanging Bread for Vigor

All other events are untranslated fully, etc.

Just wanted to make sure that was the state of things and I wasn't missing anything, if it is, no worries; the work so far is greatly appreciated :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.