What's new

Punished Mai v2.4.4

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hello everyone!
I'm from Versus X Studio, and here i want to present to you our main game we're working on: Punished Mai. A hentai kind of mix between action-rpg and survival horror (mechanics).

(1-3-2018) Version 2.4.4 released

Before going into any further. Maybe you don't want to read wall-texts and such so first thing first: There's a DEMO you can try right now. To download it just go ahead to the Patreon link (it's FREE of course) (actually due to the new Patreon terms the link to the demo is now available in our blog: the link is at the bottom of this post) where you can find also some more wall-texts xD

<---------- UPDATED DEMO INSIDE :)

Now it's time for some info:

• Genre: Action-RPG / “Survival Horror” / Hentai
  • Engine: RPG Maker VX ACE
  • Release Platform: PC Windows
  • Size: TBA
  • Languages: English & Spanish
  • Players: 1
  • Development: September 2014 - January 2017
  • Release date: 1-20-2017
  • Lattest update: 2.4.4
  • Classification: Adult-Hentai

Story:

Mai is a 28 years old young woman with a sad and dark past from which she remember almost nothing but a deep pain.
Without knowing how, or why, Mai wake up one day in a motel room, wondering, she comes out only to find that she’s in a place that she never saw on her life and which has nothing to do with her usual reality.
The girl, who initially thought she was alone in this city, ends up discovering that there is more life than she thought: monsters, demons, strange people and, last but not least, a kind of sect of people in cassocks who seem to be the ‘lords of the place ’. Under such conditions, Mai, plucks up courage and starts to seek for a way to get out of there, but unfortunately for her, after several months of searching she finds nothing.
However, someone has been watching Mai most of this time, a mysterious man who appears infront of her. He calls himself the ’Driver’ and hides his face behind a mask.
Despite the initial distrust, Mai has no choice but to accept the help of the ’Driver’, which, promises he will help her get out of the town.
Time passes and Mai begins to lose patience, strange dreams beset her, surviving in the town is becoming more dangerous, the doubts of what the town is and why is she there and above all that, a deep sense of sadness, are making the she starts to doubt on his sanity and to top places of her previous life started to appear in the town, including the house where she lived before appearing here.
All seems lost, but one day the ’Driver’ appears and tells her it’s time to leave the town, but first she shall pass a test…
And this is where our journey begins with Mai in the pursuit of a way out of this cursed town.

Character's Profile: (Updated 07.25.16)

Screenshots:

+18 yo Animations

Stills

+18 Screenshots:

Videos:
Gameplay Teasers on Youtube:

I really hope you like it. I'll keep everyone updated through this topic. In the meantime if you want to take a look at more info on the game aswell as other games/ero-stuff we make please pay a visit to:
||

And please remember, your support and feedback is needed and deeply appreciated :)

Last edited:

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Punished Mai

Action RPG + Survival Horror + Smexy Art.
Where the fck is the sign me up list? XD

I'm gonna try this asap :3

Edit* Btw, one thing you should is pack your project into an archive.
Downloading exe files send false positives to most of the anti-virus

Last edited:
OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Action RPG + Survival Horror + Smexy Art.
Where the fck is the sign me up list? XD

I'm gonna try this asap :3

Edit* Btw, one thing you should is pack your project into an archive.
Downloading exe files send false positives to most of the anti-virus
:D Hope you like it

Btw the demo is in a rar file not an .exe :confused:
Just doubled checked and the file is called "Punished Mai - Demo.rar"

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

:D Hope you like it

Btw the demo is in a rar file not an .exe :confused:
Just doubled checked and the file is called "Punished Mai - Demo.rar"
Oh yeah, sorry my bad. My brain is in need of oxygen these days lol...

I just finished the demo and here's a few things to point out.
Before I begin, I have to say I played this on a really shitty laptop so what I experienced may not be the reality (even with the options you gave to improve performance).
The controls feel sluggish. Sometimes I needed to press shift twice in order to run, because apparently she'd stand on battle stance? :confused:
When running, the character sometimes ends up running left and facing right and vice-versa, even when facing up and running down and vice-versa.
When fighting the monsters, sometimes they'd charge in and I couldn't hit them on the adjacent square.
Last but not least, after killing one monster and if a second appeared, he'd be able to stand on the dropped item and I couldn't hit him, instead I'd pick the item and get hit instead lel...

A personal question now. Are the enemies going to be this op on the full game? Cause I'd get KO'ed every random once in a while with like 150 damage XD

Appart from all above, the game looks really promising, I really liked the recalling scenes, bit by bit :D

MAAK

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Before I begin, I have to say I played this on a really shitty laptop so what I experienced may not be the reality (even with the options you gave to improve performance).
The controls feel sluggish. Sometimes I needed to press shift twice in order to run, because apparently she'd stand on battle stance? :confused:
When running, the character sometimes ends up running left and facing right and vice-versa, even when facing up and running down and vice-versa.
When fighting the monsters, sometimes they'd charge in and I couldn't hit them on the adjacent square.
Last but not least, after killing one monster and if a second appeared, he'd be able to stand on the dropped item and I couldn't hit him, instead I'd pick the item and get hit instead lel...

A personal question now. Are the enemies going to be this op on the full game? Cause I'd get KO'ed every random once in a while with like 150 damage XD

Appart from all above, the game looks really promising, I really liked the recalling scenes, bit by bit :D

gun the driver gives you use it :) also look for places there's ammo some where or else i got about 12-13 of total by searching every where and for to like help you level up while ur using that gun go first on industrial place (warehouse) there you can kill a few things too helps :)

i did wander off too long in underground warehouse can't find the doll yet :confused: did encounter a nkd man and that bat again (1st on industrial area) but no doll yet :eek:

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

gun the driver gives you use it :) also look for places there's ammo some where or else i got about 12-13 of total by searching every where and for to like help you level up while ur using that gun go first on industrial place (warehouse) there you can kill a few things too helps :)

i did wander off too long in underground warehouse can't find the doll yet :confused: did encounter a nkd man and that bat again (1st on industrial area) but no doll yet :eek:
Never ever, use a fire gun on starting level, specially if it's your only one and your ammo scarce.
You'll end up getting screwed later on and trust me on that, because I've learnt that the hard way on Resident Evil series xD

When you found the naked man, there'll be a path on the bottom right. It's a bit dark, so it's hard to see.

MAAK

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Never ever, use a fire gun on starting level, specially if it's your only one and your ammo scarce.
You'll end up getting screwed later on and trust me on that, because I've learnt that the hard way on Resident Evil series xD

When you found the naked man, there'll be a path on the bottom right. It's a bit dark, so it's hard to see.
:eek: got you sir thanks for the tip... and i'll check that path thanks :D

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I already spent all my bullets lol
Few for testing and few on monsters,now running around kicking everything :O
Came here to ask what MAAK asked, going to check that where that naked man was lol

Edit: Please make that map a little darker :eek:

Edit 2: Oh, if you turn off Illumination in the pause menu, it's not dark anymore lol Everything ok now :p

Last edited:

Azumi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I can't find the key for the underground WH, I tried searching everywhere, am i missing something? :> (after naked man and bat thing)

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I can't find the key for the underground WH, I tried searching everywhere, am i missing something? :> (after naked man and bat thing)

Industrial Warehouse

soulmaster318

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This looks so good :). What kind of tag will this game have?

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

First of all, thank you very much! :)

Mistix said:

The controls feel sluggish. Sometimes I needed to press shift twice in order to run, because apparently she'd stand on battle stance?

Appart from all above, the game looks really promising, I really liked the recalling scenes, bit by bit
Well, even if this is a rpg maker game it's still quite cpu consuming because it uses 4 viewports drawing at the same time aswell as the lighting surface. So you may face slowdowns if you're running it on a old machine or so.

About the controls, well they can be tricky until you get used to them. Because we're limited to what rpg maker has to offer we have to end up using the same button for "aiming" (what you can call battle stance, aim, w/e but indeed what it really does is fix your direction in the one your character is looking right at that moment) and sprinting. I think we should of made this clearer to begin with so my mistake :(. Tu put it simply: If you're moving and press SHIFT you'll start running but if you're not moving you'll start "aiming". But because the method to check if it's moving or not is so basic, when you already running if you collide with anything that blocks your way (ie wall, objects, etc) it'll probably check as if the character is not moving so it will change it the action to "aiming". That why it produces that effect of walking to one direction while facing the other way around.

About the monsters being unhittable they're probably in an invincibility moment. We realized that even when the monster are attacking if you try to attack them you'll stop they attack and they'll become almost useless xD. This way we added them a bit of difficulty because otherwise they're just there waiting to get killed :D

The part i bolded on your post is something i've never found. So i'll test it out again to see when this happens. Could you please tell me exactly in which zone it happened to try and reproduce it?

The enemies are a op at first when you're on level 1. The Driver recommends you to get on fight before going to the target because it can be really hard. The problem with that op is that when you reach the level 2 the enemies start to become easier and easier. That's why we decided to keep them a bit op at first so they don't get (completely) useless when you reach the next level. But to be hones i keep thinking the Easy Mode should be calles Normal Mode and the Normal be Hard instead :p. You can change the mode anytime and don't worry because there's no penalty in doing it. You wont lose any content h-wise/gameplay-wise. In easy mode in the industrial wh you can reach level 2 with just 3 (if i recall :p) fights against those slimes (just go back and forth between the motel and the industrial wh saving each time to recover you hp).

:eek: I think i wrote too much already xD

MAAK said:
gun the driver gives you use it also look for places there's ammo some where or else i got about 12-13 of total by searching every where and for to like help you level up while ur using that gun go first on industrial place (warehouse) there you can kill a few things too helps
Mistix said:
Not to spoil it or anything but i think you'll be okay with using the gun... on the demo atleast :D

Byk said:
Edit: Please make that map a little darker

Edit 2: Oh, if you turn off Illumination in the pause menu, it's not dark anymore lol Everything ok now
Haha yeah that's the kind of "cheat" i recommend to pass that zone if you're getting troubles with it. To be honest that underground is really giving us headaches. We lighted it up a few times now but then depending on the pc screen it will be or too lighten up or the other way around; too darker... I'm getting mad at it :(

Azumi said:
Yeah Byk helped you the best ^^

soulmaster318 said:
This looks so good . What kind of tag will this game have?
Thank you! And sorry but what do you mean by "tag"? English is not my mother language and sometimes i face this problem of not understanding a question :(. Do you mean fetishes? I'm not sure so i'll just wait for your answer to be sure and be able to answer your question :)

Last edited:

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Now THATS a good looking RPG-Maker game.

But... 3D-CGs in a 2D-RPG again? :confused:
It perplexes me every time I see it, it just doesn't work for me. I wish you could go the extra mile and hire a decent artist but I can understand if its too expensive.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey there Versus.
I can't give you an exact location, because it's random. When you kill a monster it drops items and that's what you need to check.
So, it's pretty much possible to happen anywhere where an item was dropped.

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Now THATS a good looking RPG-Maker game.

But... 3D-CGs in a 2D-RPG again? :confused:
It perplexes me every time I see it, it just doesn't work for me. I wish you could go the extra mile and hire a decent artist but I can understand if its too expensive.
Thanks!
And yeah i know what you mean... I'd love to have 2d art in the game but right now we can't afford an artist. Hopefully in a not too distant future we'll be able to hire one ^^

Mistix said:
Hey there Versus.
I can't give you an exact location, because it's random. When you kill a monster it drops items and that's what you need to check.
So, it's pretty much possible to happen anywhere where an item was dropped.
Oh I see, so its a random one. It's really hard to find then. I'll try to spot it. Thank you!

Last edited:

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

First of all, thank you very much! :)
Haha yeah that's the kind of "cheat" i recommend to pass that zone if you're getting troubles with it. To be honest that underground is really giving us headaches. We lighted it up a few times now but then depending on the pc screen it will be or too lighten up or the other way around; too darker... I'm getting mad at it :(
I can't see path at all, only thing i can do is to go straight till i hit the wall then change direction and hope i will see that fire lanterns to show me the way.
Tried using flashlight, that's not helping at all lol Found that thing in menu so it's all ok, i will probably "cheat" thru entire game hehe
Going thru that dark place, thought something will pop out, it was scary lol
Blood and skeleton heads/bones, chains on the walls, lights blinking..... nice details. It's a starter demo, not bad one either.
Been disappointed when i saw text after i unlocked that door, i was looking for that key half an hour, missed it when i was in Industrial Warehouse because it was dark in there too and i didn't used that "cheat" yet, end of the demo :eek: Was really curious whats behind lol
Waiting impatiently to see more :)

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@Byk
You wont have to wait much longer to discover what's behind that door! :)

We have a RELEASE DATE for the Chapter 1!

It'll be out on 2-8-2016

Go for the *full* details :)

LFox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Punished Mai - Chapter 1 Release Date Added!

Tried the demo and loved what I saw. The only issue I had is the game is dark, really dark. It wasn't too bad on other areas but in the cave I couldn't really see anything, the flashlight lights up so little that it's basically worthless. I think for the flashlight to be of any real use it would need to be about 2-3 times the size. So something like a 90 degree cone in front of you that lights up at least 3x4 squares ahead or larger.

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Punished Mai - Chapter 1 Release Date Added!

Tried the demo and loved what I saw. The only issue I had is the game is dark, really dark. It wasn't too bad on other areas but in the cave I couldn't really see anything, the flashlight lights up so little that it's basically worthless. I think for the flashlight to be of any real use it would need to be about 2-3 times the size. So something like a 90 degree cone in front of you that lights up at least 3x4 squares ahead or larger.
"Cheat" like me :)