What's new

ACT [Acid Style] 銑鉄の探索者 / Explorer of the Golden Planet (RJ204720)

D-D

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: 銑鉄の探索者/"Pig Iron Explorer" - creator of BARRAGE!

uuuuuupdate from developer's blog.
according to him, he felt confident about the trial so he ran the final debug,
and found "critical calculation miss" from the store in the game.
so, he's currently fixing it, and will try to release the trial by next week.

cant, wait.

oh btw, if the developer doesn't change the title, I think it should be translated to
"Iron-made" or something rather than "Pig Iron", since the PC seems to be an android.
Pig Iron -> Iron-made -> Full Metal?

Nice to know that there's going to be a trial version soon. Can't wait. For me the Wandering City was my favorite due to all the ideas it gave me. It could have been so much better.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, this thread had been rotting in the backlogs. I am very happy people updated as soon as something happened. Definitely hype about this one. Possible trial soon.

gillenew

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Even in Japanese, a trial version would be greatly appreciated :eek:

OP
Jesus

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Even in Japanese, a trial version would be greatly appreciated :eek:
Probably within the next month, hopefully

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

May even release a demo at comiket, I've noticed many authors like to do that.

I'm hoping to find a few wondering around... if I can find them anyway next month at C92

silentone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just played Ethereal Legion, while it is strange and the H being completely censored to oblivion before you clear the game hurt it (Just beat everything on easy to unlock human sprites), it wasn't terrible.
I agree with almost everything except this part. The game isn't censored to "oblivion" at first; the black mage-esque silhouette girl is a reference to a modded race for The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion who have pitch black skin and yellow eyes. It's a little more obvious when you realize the entire game is based around homages to Oblivion.

Overall I thought finding out optimal ways to cheese a level was pretty much how you were supposed to play the game.

kicaq

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I agree with almost everything except this part. The game isn't censored to "oblivion" at first; the black mage-esque silhouette girl is a reference to a modded race for The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion who have pitch black skin and yellow eyes. It's a little more obvious when you realize the entire game is based around homages to Oblivion.

Overall I thought finding out optimal ways to cheese a level was pretty much how you were supposed to play the game.
Wasn't it just being reference to mages from final fantasy? You know like vivi from FF9. The summoned creatures are obviously from TES lore as you mentioned.

chucknoris35

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Looks like there was an update!!

If I read the translation correctly, the game was submitted and is waiting approval. We should have the trial within a couple days.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If I read the translation correctly, the game was submitted and is waiting approval. We should have the trial within a couple days.
My mechatranslate turns it into "We have applied for advance notice."
Which I read as "The announce page is being set up".

To mean: The full game will NOT be out, but a trial may be,
as soon as they get done counting pixels on vajayjays and all that.
Full game will likely still be some time off.

It'll be interesting. If I read right, the game is largely inspired by one game the author was playing,
but they're saying the tutorial may not be quite enough to explain mechanics,
people should read the manual to make sure they understand it all.

So I guess we'll be here collectively trying to figure out how this works, again.
Fun times.

chucknoris35

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

My mechatranslate turns it into "We have applied for advance notice."
Which I read as "The announce page is being set up".

To mean: The full game will NOT be out, but a trial may be,
as soon as they get done counting pixels on vajayjays and all that.
Full game will likely still be some time off.

It'll be interesting. If I read right, the game is largely inspired by one game the author was playing,
but they're saying the tutorial may not be quite enough to explain mechanics,
people should read the manual to make sure they understand it all.

So I guess we'll be here collectively trying to figure out how this works, again.
Fun times.
Thanks for clarifying for me.

At least us all coming back here constantly allows for us to build our community more. I'm definitely for that haha.

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The trial has been released, have at it.

anonya

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What's the gameplay for this like? I like this guy's pixel art and enjoyed wandering city, but got really frustrated with Ethereal Legion.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Looking forward to this one. Especially if they have an English version as well.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Having a hell of a time trying to figure out the mechanics of this one. Can't even get raped without dying - which leads to no rape. Has anyone figured out how this game works?

omegaism

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Having a hell of a time trying to figure out the mechanics of this one. Can't even get raped without dying - which leads to no rape. Has anyone figured out how this game works?
Just remove her armor in the pod you buy upgrades in.
EDIT: You can also save the game in that same pod. Press X when in what looks like the teleport menu.

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So gave this a try...and I gotta say I'm definitely looking forward to the full game. Still playing it, but from what I've seen so far, there are 3 areas and 3+ enemy types in the game making for what seems like a pretty robust demo.

Gameplay wise, I think it is quite sound. I'm finding myself enjoying blasting enemies and collecting whatever I find throughout a particular stage, and the upgrade system is interesting to boot. Also, gotta love those opposing factions in a game.:D

The various metals you find seem to increase your base HP, Attack, and Defense stats. To increase your defense and health, you can also armor up, if you don't mind foregoing the H scenes to get through somewhere. Still don't know what the various enemy drops are for...they must be for something important, since they go for 1000+ GOF when you buy them in the pub.

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

How do you heal out in the wild?

Also, using Cheat Engine only shows the value for the display value for your health. I don't recall the old BARRAGE method of finding the health variable.

Last edited:

derplor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just remove her armor in the pod you buy upgrades in.
EDIT: You can also save the game in that same pod. Press X when in what looks like the teleport menu.
for those who havent figured it out yet, HOW do you remove her armor in the pod?

omegaism

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

for those who havent figured it out yet, HOW do you remove her armor in the pod?

Last edited:

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The game's trial is bundled with a very thorough manual, if you're willing to machine-translate (doing so to each sentence separately is recommended) and slog through the results.

Enemy rape scenes require MC's armor to be completely broken (durability 0). As stated, you can just remove armoring in the terminal pods if needed.

After upgrading the self-recovery stat by any means (the outlaw district has a large plugin that does so, the only way to do so in the trial so far to my knowledge), HP automatically regenerates after 5 seconds of not taking damage as long as you're not in emergency recharge mode (0 EN).

Enemy drops are used to unlock stuff in the "Free Gallery" function, accessible via the gallery terminal (computer next to the mechanic that fixed MC up in the intro), but are otherwise vendor trash. Buying enemy drops is probably not recommended, the blackmarket vendors gouge the prices to absurd heights.

The terminal pod has 2 main menus (swap with S), each having 5 submenus.
The shop menu (shown by omegaism above) allows you to:
>Buy/sell ammunition/mod parts (grey toolbox)
>Install modules (customizations) to your primary/secondary weapon (similar to the wrench upgrades in the previous game; only one can be installed at once. Each module takes one mod part)
>Buy and install new primary/secondary weapons or buy (very expensive) licenses for the corresponding weapon. Licenses allow you to swap into the corresponding weapon for free, forever.
>Add/remove MC armor (5 levels from "complete armor" to "no armor"). Adding costs 50, removing costs none. More armor means more defense, HP, armor durability and poise, but also increases the EN cost of flying and dash/backstep/crouch. If armor durability decreases past the previous level's maximum (400/200/100/50/0), armor becomes degraded by one level, with all the merits and demerits associated.
>Apply an armor upgrade/sidegrade to the eyebot companion.

The other menu allows you to:
>Buy/sell minerals (metals)
>Use minerals to upgrade base stats (listed from top to bottom: max HP, HP regeneration capability, weapon ATK power multiplier, flat added ATK power, max EN, base DEF) up to a limit.
>Install plugins (essentially passive abilities). Limit of 2 'small' plugins and 1 'large' plugin.
>Sell all non-mineral enemy drops at once. The only use for enemy drops past unlocking the free gallery content.
>Increase the limit of base stat upgrades (costs money).