What's new

RPG Maker The Endless World - Beginning [FULL GAME]

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Endless World - Beginning [FULL GAME]

Decided to give this a go, and one thing that jumped out at me is the heavy bias against sex. Which is pretty odd in a H-game.

I mean, I can understand the "I don't want to be raped" thing, that's just obvious, but several times in the first section of the game, the main character says that she would literally rather be killed than have sex.

Considering the only context she has for sex is "men like it, women dont, it hurts" It's obvious that she'd want to avoid it, but at the cost of her own life?

Honestly, "I'd rather be dead" is a rather modern concept. People do all sorts of unpleasant things to survive.
Other characters from this story do exactly that. Poor Bruuna gets used as a distraction, and to gather food and all sorts of things, but Metatrix has a panic attack, collapses then says she'd literally prefer that they killed her instead, when it looks like it's her turn.

I can't tell if it's just an immature opinion, or if she just values her own life so lowly.

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Decided to give this a go, and one thing that jumped out at me is the heavy bias against sex. Which is pretty odd in a H-game.

I mean, I can understand the "I don't want to be raped" thing, that's just obvious, but several times in the first section of the game, the main character says that she would literally rather be killed than have sex.

Considering the only context she has for sex is "men like it, women dont, it hurts" It's obvious that she'd want to avoid it, but at the cost of her own life?

Honestly, "I'd rather be dead" is a rather modern concept. People do all sorts of unpleasant things to survive.
Other characters from this story do exactly that. Poor Bruuna gets used as a distraction, and to gather food and all sorts of things, but Metatrix has a panic attack, collapses then says she'd literally prefer that they killed her instead, when it looks like it's her turn.

I can't tell if it's just an immature opinion, or if she just values her own life so lowly.
you DO realize she is one day old right? and you can't say if she is immature? you didn't read the opening it seems XD

OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@ iamnuff

It's exactly as Darkstrain pointed... She has quite some knowledge from the old man but in the same time she lacks ANY experience in life, in controling feelings and fears. It is intended for Meretrix to have this contrast.

Let's say that as a little girl I have seen a horror movie, where a clown was killing children in bathrooms. What was the reaction of a little girl? I was afraid to go to bathrooms for years to come, even when I started to understand that it was just a fiction and toilets are actually quite safe at home. The fear became so big that I prefered to suffer while holding up, rather than go for it...

The saying 'I'd rather die than...' comes straight from such experiences, while in the end it usually is far from the truth...

The fear factor is by far more powerful for inexperienced ones and it is hardly on par with rational thinking.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@ iamnuff

It's exactly as Darkstrain pointed... She has quite some knowledge from the old man but in the same time she lacks ANY experience in life, in controling feelings and fears. It is intended for Meretrix to have this contrast.

Let's say that as a little girl I have seen a horror movie, where a clown was killing children in bathrooms. What was the reaction of a little girl? I was afraid to go to bathrooms for years to come, even when I started to understand that it was just a fiction and toilets are actually quite safe at home. The fear became so big that I prefered to suffer while holding up, rather than go for it...

The saying 'I'd rather die than...' comes straight from such experiences, while in the end it usually is far from the truth...

The fear factor is by far more powerful for inexperienced ones and it is hardly on par with rational thinking.
Your example doesn't work because the thing that motivates you to avoid bathrooms is the fear of death. (via clown murder)

Bad things are to be avoided, but "I'd rather die than..." is a modern outlook held by people to whom actual threat of death is unlikely.

If dying is actually a possibility you re-evaluate your priorities damn quickly.

The specific scene i'm thinking about is the one where the woman from the village lures you into the trap with the three guys, and Metatrix has a panic attack and literally begs (in her own mind) to "just" be killed.

As someone who's first sight in the world was her mother's corpse, she should be aware of what death is, so her standing in a situation where she's either going to be physically or sexually attacked, and saying (to herself) that she'd rather be murdered than raped struck me as very odd.

She met someone who was raped (basically every woman in the village) and she saw two people who died (her mother and the Old Man) and out of those groups, the ones who are still alive clearly got the better deal.

After she sets up her deal with the expert, she has a serious reason to avoid sex. (because as soon as she loses her virginity, she's going to be captured by him and probably never get free) but before that it's just physical discomfort. Pain, bad smells, gross taste. Exactly the same thing Bruuna went through, and she came out of it mostly fine.

Not pleasant by any stretch of the imagination, but something you can survive and recover from. Unlike death, which tends to be permanent.

As for "she's one day old". Not really. The entire "She's a baby" thing seems kinda pointless when it completely goes away before the prologue is even over.

Between the magically granted body, and her clearly not child-like thought process, she's more like an ignorant adult.
Even then, only ignorent about specific things. She never has to stop and ask what water is, or what trees are, or whatever. She has effective knowledge of the world around her, including of complex concepts.

Plus, she clearly possess a rational mind and effective reasoning skills. You can tell by how she thinks to herself when she's planning her next move.

I mean, she wasn't exactly in her right mind during the scene in question, but it struck me as an odd set of priorities for her to have, where death is preferable to sex.

Last edited:

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Maybe Hazze intends this (Meretrix's story) to be the ultimate story of Corruption. E.g In the first game she is ignorant of the pleasures of sex and hates it with her entire will, and by the last game she is a "Sex Goddess".

Or not :p But I do understand your pov iamnuff, and I agree to some extent, but I think it serves the overall story of what Hazze is trying to do with multiple games.

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I actually thought it was quite in character for her in this setting. She has literally no experience in anything. She gets magically turned from an infant to 18yo. Then, she immediately finds a society where sex is directly tied to systematic abuse of "bitches". Brunna sells her sex as something that men do to women to physically hurt them and make themselves feel good, and she goes with it because there is no sign of it being in any other way.

OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My point in that example is a bit different, you have probably missunderstood it.

A child is not scared of death, it's not yet this category of thinking. The fear is 'the clown will be there, and he is scary' - it is not about what will happen in the end, it is about the clown possibly being there, and that's that...

But to clarify even more: I just want to say that children minds are far from having right and logical priorities: Meretrix sees two dead bodies - they did NOT suffer, there was NO pain in that... Death does not make her scared, but sad at the loss instead... while she is terryfied by the sexual encounter she sees.

Also, I've already said it: She has knowledge and she is a quick learner BUT she lacks experience - Believe me, these two things are not one and the same.

Finally, Meretrix inheritated the knowledge of the Higher Race. What makes you think that the elder and his kind were sexually active race? As you've noticed, Meretrix seems to lack the knowledge on ONE field, and the gap in her understanding the world and this one little matter differ so grately that it is kind of safe to figure that the information passed to her were incomplete on this field at least... Mere's behaviour kinda shows it straight forward.

The whole story is intended to have a progressing plot with NO ultimate direction. I intend to let player adjust the type of person Mere will GRADUALLY become in the end.

And some final words, because the concept of a heroine, who doesn't like sex seems to be awakward for quite some players:
The idea of such a character was inspired by real life, and I strongly believe that such a heroine is a great material for PROGRESSIVE kind of plot. I'm also happy that quite some of you guys seem to enjoy the concept and the game overally :)

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I think you could write a good female character involved in interesting non-wish-fulfillment type of plot developments without striving to make her non-sexualized, if that's what you're aiming for. Saying this as someone who can't get further into the game due to crashes (women's dorms downstairs, changing the girl and the boy in kid's dorms and then exiting my cave, gave up after that), but who actually quite liked how the story goes (even if I disliked a lack of possibility to fail and for the plot to go about differently after that).

If you want to discuss this (I will vanish from the discussion tho, if somebody starts a flame war as these topics do tend to go), I'd be interested to know what you mind for example about the protagonist of Virgin Island (chose a well known h-game with what I think is a quasi believably acting female protagonist)? If you wish to avoid derailing this thread or just wish to avoid somebody starting a flame war, ignore this :)

OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've just sent you PM :) It's probably best to clarify little things this way :)

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

A bit on feedback, if you don't mind it.

Mechanics: Interesting, a bit of stealth and puzzle solving, sometimes instructions were too unclear (Too often I found myself wandering without knowing what to do next)
The final battle was fun, though, hopefully we will see something like that in the future, too combat and grind is terrible, but no combat is an issue too if you don't make the plot VERY engaging.

Story: Good enough and original. I had my gripes with Meretrix's position towards sex, not because of her opposition (Absolutely reasonable) but because at some points she would consider either risking her life, or giving up the lives of others, but she would never consider trading herself as a middle option. That was a bit selfish on certain points.
Sadly while the start was strong, the middle game (what happened to be most of the game too) was very weak, lacking events or any advances between the characters, it's saddening to see certain important npcs stop having ANY kind of importance and just stopping until you'll decide to enter a point of no return.

Sex: The weakest point, the art was good, but the content itself wasn't arousing at all (Realistic rape isn't fun, it's disgusting, and a major turn off for me), it lacked an edge, and it was way too little to be satisfactory.
In case there are more scenes and I'm wrong about the quantity I found:
-Blowjob scenes.
-Shaman scene (This one was particularly bad for me, it was TOO short)
-Meretrix with myerda

Length: Surprisingly long, I'm glad of it.

Overall I really like what you have done, at this point you have already done a good enough game (Seriously, change the title, the endings, say this is a stand-alone game, and no one will mind it) and I hope to see more of this in the future, also, count with my support in patreon.

Also, a bug, latest mediafire version in your blog:
-Kaflar's route, after Kaflar killed sorv the game did a fade to black, started talking about his rule, and then repeated the start of their fight before getting stuck.

And last, if you don't mind, I would like to know if there are more scenes and where to find them, a PM would do.

OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@ Capid

Thank you VERY MUCH for taking your time to share your comments, as I always love constructive criticism and it helps to improve the quality of my future work.

Glad you like the mechanics, as my intention was to keep things fresh, not to make 'yet another game'. I tried to give pointers with tutorials and Mere's internal thinking, but I already have an idea how to improve things in the second game, so hopefully the issue won't be a bother anymore.

The final battle was just my first try, and I might actually move in this direction in the second part (it is one of the three options I'm currently considering).

I have already written somewhere about the reasoning of Mere's approach towards sex but I will also write few words on that topic in a PM to you, right after I'm done with this post.

I would say that the game had three parts:
1. More text, less interaction and actual gameplay
2. More gameplay, missions, but less text and depth
3. Final act, which hopefully, was the closest one to right mix of both.
At least that's how it looks to me. It was my first ever made game, so I probably messed up some things, but I really feel, that I can improve :)

Well, the sexual aspect will be much more present in the second game, while in the 'Beginning' it was mostly sacrificed for the plot purposes. The game is set in a highly erotic society, and the sexual themes are present, but I know that the players are missing the actual heroine involvment - and surely other than rape.

I will write you about specific scenes in PM also.

As fo the length - I also think it's decent and checking all three routes might add just a little more even. Still, the second part should be much longer if everything goes as planned ;)

Well, the title will stay the same, and the second part will be named 'TEW: Civilization' for 99%, but if you have an idea for the third part - I will hear you out, as it will take some time to get to it ;)

I will check the Kraflar issue a bit later, and try to fix it :)

I will send you a PM soon with further answers :)

evercrow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Pretty rare to encounter a game with interesting plot for a pure route(usually it's just kill "the big bad",save the world/country/village), with big impact on the gameplay.Meretrix's unique character compeled me to prioritise pure route for a change. She had a bit of a Clementine vibe(from the Telltale's Walking Dead) in terms of player-protagonist relationship for me.
Corruption route is mostly "easy mode" though,not much consequence character-wise,hope you will have more time for it in the future . Also most npc were colorful and interesting for an RPG maker game .Big props for work done on portraits,really fleshed out some characters(i enjoyed your art style overall,you definitely have the touch).

Wish you best of luck with your further projects!

Also,can someone give me a quick tip on how to
recruit Kid girl, i'm at the point where Sorv is waiting to start Shaman-killing mission, and all the other girls are recruited.Looks like i missed something, maybe because i avoided horny kid in boy's dormitory?

OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I am glad you enjoyed the game, and my gfx artist - lukenukeas - is most likely proud of himself, because of your praise to the art ;)

If you are interested in my progress with the second game you can always check news on my blog, I try to update it few times a month.

recruit Kid girl, i'm at the point where Sorv is waiting to start Shaman-killing mission, and all the other girls are recruited.Looks like i missed something, maybe because i avoided horny kid in boy's dormitory?

1. You need to know the female language to trigger her side quest. This one is actually simple. She can leave the area only if you find someone to take her place... Search for a suitable candidate, who would agree to try and blend into girls' area ;)

Azumi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Played it, and so far so pretty complex story and I love it.

After being able to take missions with the experts the game begins to "stutter" quite often.
Women dorm is glitching, at some point when i viewed the Sunny hole area after the passage, underground. When going back, outside the dorm, and then in again the Guard by the door moves to the side, but once you walk past the narrow path the guard guards, he turns his head to left with a ! mark, and then just freezes. Nor the character can move. Had to shut down there.

Last edited:
OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Played it, and so far so pretty complex story and I love it.

After being able to take missions with the experts the game begins to "stutter" quite often.
Women dorm is glitching, at some point when i viewed the Sunny hole area after the passage, underground. When going back, outside the dorm, and then in again the Guard by the door moves to the side, but once you walk past the narrow path the guard guards, he turns his head to left with a ! mark, and then just freezes. Nor the character can move. Had to shut down there.
The stuttering issue was a common thing in the Beginning - tried to fix it as much as I could, but some problems with that could have been left... Sorry yet again for that.

Not sure about the issue with the women dorm tho... Unfortunately, as I've stated - I am done with fixes for the Beginning, because I have the second part to focus on. I can only hope, that the problem is not game breaking and can be easily solved by the gamers.

Nopseudomoi

Reputation score

Wow just finished playing it it was really great!!!
Very thrilling plot, interesting branches and dark atmosphere!

I have the same advice than the guy some posts earlier, you should perhaps consider changing the word "Beginning".
I understand you meant it as "part 1 of a long story" but when I was scrolling the site and read "Beginning" I though: "great another 40 minutes long alpha-demo.."
I'm glad I gave it a try anyway, I almost missed this awesome game!
Please keep up the good work :)

Edit:
Some more feedback! Really enjoyed that it's not another corruption-meter-game where if your character gets raped x times she suddenly likes it and whores herself/exhibits for wtf reasons
I would have liked a bit more sex scenes perhaps, maybe she has sex rape/blackmail/offering/whatever and it starts a plot to prevent Kraflar from learning it (just an idea)
And perhaps a faster way to skip dialogues to speed up second playthrough :) (I want to reach every event aha)

Last edited:
OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow just finished playing it it was really great!!!
Very thrilling plot, interesting branches and dark atmosphere!

I have the same advice than the guy some posts earlier, you should perhaps consider changing the word "Beginning".
I understand you meant it as "part 1 of a long story" but when I was scrolling the site and read "Beginning" I though: "great another 40 minutes long alpha-demo.."
I'm glad I gave it a try anyway, I almost missed this awesome game!
Please keep up the good work :)

Edit:
Some more feedback! Really enjoyed that it's not another corruption-meter-game where if your character gets raped x times she suddenly likes it and whores herself/exhibits for wtf reasons
I would have liked a bit more sex scenes perhaps, maybe she has sex rape/blackmail/offering/whatever and it starts a plot to prevent Kraflar from learning it (just an idea)
And perhaps a faster way to skip dialogues to speed up second playthrough :) (I want to reach every event aha)
I am glad that you've enjoyed the game :)

As for the naming - Well, it has [Full game] attached to it so I was hoping it might be actually clear that it's not a concept :p Still sorry if I made you confused there :)

Well, technically my idea was to avoid weird in my opinion fashion that every girl starts to love and enjoy sex in every possible way, because she was raped 3 or 4 times...

In the second game in the series we are likely to have some stats which will influence the heroine approach towards sexual situations. However it is still going to be far from the way described above.

There won't be any further additions to the 'Beginning' so no new plots with Kraflar here are going to happen, sorry :)

And the skipping issue shouldn't be so bothersome in the second part :)

Also, if you wish to keep up to date with the progress of the second game I would like to encourage you to visit my blog ;) (link in my signature)

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Before I say anything else:
WELCOME BACK, HAZZE! Sorry... know you from the HF forums... And this when it was a very/ early alpha.

If it's incomplete, it should still have the [WIP] prefix attached to it.
I was surprised to see that there's so much progress gone in since I last checked. Nice work!

dinaida

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whether there is some sort of guide for the passage of the beautiful game?

OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@ squark

Hello Squark ;)

The game this topic is for is a complete one. it's not work in progress anymore :)
It's just that the second game I am working on is going to be the second part of the story :)

With the Beggining being complee I don't check this topic every day anymore, the best way to contact me is through my blog, where I am almost every single day.

Glad you enjoyed the progress ;)

@ dinaida

There is no guide of which I am aware of... If any of the players knows one, please correct me :)