What's new

Going back and forth with japanese settings

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Rin Umiko said:
On Windows 7:

Step 1: get to the Control Panel some way or another (Start -> Control Panel)
Step 2: Open the Region and Language window (Change keyboards or other input method)
Step 3: Go to Administrative tab (you may need to log in as an administrator)
Step 4: Click the Change system locale... button. Choose Japanese(Japan) in the drop down list.
Step 5: Click OK to close all the windows opened until now. Restart when prompted.

Hope that will help, somehow.
I posted this on the FAQ topic and another topic and haven't gotten anything back. I've always been wary of changing my settings to Japanese because I used a shared computer and I didn't know if someone would know they were changed. Also, I've never seen it before, so I have a few questions.

1. After doing this, will all the windows menus still be in english? So I can turn it back easier?

2. Is turning it back to english just as easy as turning it to japanese? and are there any lasting effects of switching back and forth?

3. Do I only have to switch the settings to install the game? Like after I install, can I go back to english and just use AppLocale to run it? The game in question is this one. http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28452
Normally I just use AppLocale for games and unzipping, but this one requires an install.

Thanks!

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Going back and forth with japanese settings

1. After doing this, will all the windows menus still be in english? So I can turn it back easier?
Yes, well mostly. Sometimes when installing something the setup will be in Japanese but thats a rare occurrence.

2. Is turning it back to english just as easy as turning it to japanese? and are there any lasting effects of switching back and forth?
Yep! Switching back to English is just as easy as switching it to Japanese.

Changing your system locale is harmless so I doubt you'll run into any lasting effects. You will have to restart every time you want to change locales however.

Can't really answer question 3 for you since I don't use applocale.

Hope this helped.

OP
KiWolfGirl

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Thanks, the only thing that was different was when i changed back to english I had a new language bar on my taskbar but i just told it to go away. And yeah the game tried to install with japanese language -_- it took a while to get it to work since i didnt understand anything.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

AppleLocal is much safer :3 what i use

OP
KiWolfGirl

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

In some cases like the one I mentioned applocale doesn't work and the only thing that will is changing your settings. I always try applocale first if the game wont work but sometimes it just needs to install with japsettings. Like this game I can play with applocale but i had to install as japanese.