What's new

Cursed Armor 1.40 wolfzq thread missing?

The Lurkers Shadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Anyone know what's happened to this thread? It just seems to have up and vanished. Still shows from google but not when using ULMF's search function and can't find it anywhere in the thread list

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Cursed Armor 1.40 wolfzq thread missing?

I got the same results when searching, so it's not just you. Maybe the OP deleted the thread? No idea. I remember seeing it on the first page in this section not too long ago.

I also remember when it was just an Oblivion mod though, too. The dev had a habit of taking other modder's material without permission and then blaming the language barrier (without bothering to remove the material). Maybe they got into trouble doing something similar with this.

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Only thing I can think of is - he has a game he is basically done with, he wants it in his own control and not pirated like crazy, and - as threads are still up and running elsewhere - was not seeing any point in leaving the thread open here, as it has become pretty much a sounding board of pro/anti Patreon. I am not going either way on this - just stating what I think may have happened. I stopped playing this myself some 8 months ago when the english translation stalled and I never really saw much improvement there (was waiting to see if a translator stepped up to help finish it - I DETEST machine translation), but overall really liked where this was going. Just never got past the horse farm and kinda lost interest...

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Well, these last few days, the thread had become a bit of a flaming / trolling area from what I've seen... That's probably the reason
People not being happy of having to keep paying the patreon for the extra stuff (extra skin for the standing pic), pestering the dev for english update. And mostly criticizing him for (supposedly - I didn't check) grabbing other work and trying to sell it.

A bit sad to see a thread disappear, but I guess thing were starting to get way too much heated

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Only thing I can think of is - he has a game he is basically done with, he wants it in his own control and not pirated like crazy, and - as threads are still up and running elsewhere - was not seeing any point in leaving the thread open here, as it has become pretty much a sounding board of pro/anti Patreon. I am not going either way on this - just stating what I think may have happened. I stopped playing this myself some 8 months ago when the english translation stalled and I never really saw much improvement there (was waiting to see if a translator stepped up to help finish it - I DETEST machine translation), but overall really liked where this was going. Just never got past the horse farm and kinda lost interest...
Well, people asked him regularly what the patreon updates contain in respect of content instead of just skins. Ever since he made the Free Version only available for patrons, there were no Status updates anymore. Just like with Malise and the Machine when they switched to monthly instead of per update. No Tumbler and No Blog Posts.... Is there a Patreon complaining thread somewhere in the forum? It is a bit off topic here...

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Seems like a weird move, if anything, the presence on the forum was making people more friendly, if he just pulls off like this it can be perceived as hostile behavior, which usually opens the way to piracy.

The real problem is that the thread contained useful informations, save files, and guides, by players for other players. If a flame war starts, the mods can just lock the thread, but outright deleting it is a big fuck you to everyone that was participating in a productive way.

If this is related to the changes to his patreon, i don't see how that is off topic.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well, people asked him regularly what the patreon updates contain in respect of content instead of just skins. Ever since he made the Free Version only available for patrons, there were no Status updates anymore. Just like with Malise and the Machine when they switched to monthly instead of per update. No Tumbler and No Blog Posts.... Is there a Patreon complaining thread somewhere in the forum? It is a bit off topic here...
Pretty much this. It was a thread of someone trying to rationalize a patreon to draw one outfit a month when everyone signed up to have it translated instead. Then the "demo" never got any perceivable updates outside of patreon, so nobody saw if any improvement even existed and thus had no reason to donate. So why keep a thread that turned into nothing but people asking questions about product information that you don't want asked?

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Please wait for an Admin to discuss the reason for the removal of the thread. Thank you. Sorry for the confusion. I can not speak more of the matter. But an Admin will be with you guys soon.

OP
The Lurkers Shadow

The Lurkers Shadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Pretty much this. It was a thread of someone trying to rationalize a patreon to draw one outfit a month when everyone signed up to have it translated instead. Then the "demo" never got any perceivable updates outside of patreon, so nobody saw if any improvement even existed and thus had no reason to donate. So why keep a thread that turned into nothing but people asking questions about product information that you don't want asked?
But removing the thread was overkill, just lock it down so the info about the game and events in it stick around some people might still have questions that can be answered about the game or the events in it that were not asked about already. Nimrod pretty much pointed out anything I would have said also.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

But removing the thread was overkill, just lock it down so the info about the game and events in it stick around some people might still have questions that can be answered about the game or the events in it that were not asked about already. Nimrod pretty much pointed out anything I would have said also.
It was a legal matter. I can't go into the detail right now. Like I said. please let an Admin explain why it was taken down.

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I removed the thread myself personally because a question came up of the content belonging intellectually to Wolfzq himself, and the legality of some other projects of his as well as the patreon, Cursed Armor, and other issues. There was enough information brought to me in the form of links, screenshots, etc, to warrant the Immediate removal of the thread. I understand you all have questions and that's the answer to the majority of them.

Others might include "Will Cursed Armor be allowed to be reposted or linked Here on ULMF?" The answer is No, the same goes for any links to his patreon or the like.

Nor will I be disclosing the information that led to this, links, names, etc.

Taboo-Sho

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Honestly I feel neutral about this.

On one hand I do like the game.

On the other hand, well bad Pateron usage and acting like a immature manchild when people pirated his game.

There are games that do, do the pateron part very well.

Lust Doll.
Latex dungeon
TiTs

All of them get updates at least once a month (Lust Doll missed this month due to maker saying he didn't like how the next area was turning out and needed more time, but also said no one would be charged this month)

However Cursed armor? It was doing it badly. It was basically Micro-Transactions the Pateron addition.

guyver

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I removed the thread myself personally because a question came up of the content belonging intellectually to Wolfzq himself, and the legality of some other projects of his as well as the patreon, Cursed Armor, and other issues. There was enough information brought to me in the form of links, screenshots, etc, to warrant the Immediate removal of the thread. I understand you all have questions and that's the answer to the majority of them.

Others might include "Will Cursed Armor be allowed to be reposted or linked Here on ULMF?" The answer is No, the same goes for any links to his patreon or the like.

thanks for letting us know the decision.

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So that means we can't pirate it for great justice?! Daww

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

So that means we can't pirate it for great justice?! Daww
If we just sit here and wait, maybe something good will happen.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Honestly I feel neutral about this.

On one hand I do like the game.

On the other hand, well bad Pateron usage and acting like a immature manchild when people pirated his game.

There are games that do, do the pateron part very well.

Lust Doll.
Latex dungeon
TiTs

All of them get updates at least once a month (Lust Doll missed this month due to maker saying he didn't like how the next area was turning out and needed more time, but also said no one would be charged this month)

However Cursed armor? It was doing it badly. It was basically Micro-Transactions the Pateron addition.
Not really surprising considering his previous behavior. He was really just stealing other people's work and trying to charge money for his Oblivion mod back in the day. (pretty much the definition of "not cool" in the modding community) I always thought he was just a douche bag, but people always defended him and tried to say it was the "language barrier".

Taboo-Sho

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not really surprising considering his previous behavior. He was really just stealing other people's work and trying to charge money for his Oblivion mod back in the day. (pretty much the definition of "not cool" in the modding community) I always thought he was just a douche bag, but people always defended him and tried to say it was the "language barrier".
Charging money for a mod for TES4? Really? How greedy can you get?