What's new

ACT [Kyrieru] Kurovadis (RE093841)

Krasho

Reputation score

English DLsite:

(Japanese DLsite isn't needed, it's a /weg/ [western erotic game])

Dev Homepage: (He never updates, ever)

Dev twitter: (If you want to stand an actual chance of contacting him)

Description of Game, taken from English DLsite:

"Kurovadis is a hentai action rpg with classic platforming action.

Set in a post apocalyptic future where the world is at war with monsters, you play as a girl who must stop the threat once and for all.

Fight through 3 unique areas, with 20 different enemies each with their own sex animations, and 10 game over CGs."

Controls:

Keys can be reset!

Main Controls and Techniques:

Fire (automatically charges when not firing)
Jump (can be upgraded to wall jumping, where you can jump off a wall once when in close contact it to)
Dodge Roll (can be upgraded to let you plow through objects, and you have to learn to dodge roll while in the air for maximum distance!)
Melee (absolutely useless, except if you hold it down to charge a melee super strike, which is highly useful)
Ground Pound (down + melee attack, a powerful strike if you hit an enemy with it, and you can stand on some enemies and pound them)
Defenselessness (H key, does what it says, SOME ENEMIES CAN KILL YOU WITH H ATTACKS)

This is a Platformer/Action game, with a huge emphasis on platforming. You must be able to do consistently good wall jumps, then dodge roll wall jumps.
I can't tell you how to do it, you just have to get good at it. There are three bosses in the game, and the objective is to acquire new beam powerups
which will let you reach new areas through destroyable objects that only that beam can kill, or by picking up the beam and removing a static barrier
which is was generating throughout the levels.

The three levels are:

Post Apoc (start)
Random Castle (middle)
Maou's Island (end)

You get raped if you are knocked down and taken by an enemy. Some enemies (all bosses) have GOR static end images. Bosses also have special scenes after
beating you. The level up system works off of exp for killing enemies. I think there's four attributes:

POW (increases attack)
DEF (increases defense, and seems to reduce knockdowns?)
CON (increases HP)
RCG (decreases the amount of time it takes to recharge your blaster to max by not using it)

You are healed to full at save points, and enemies will drop health. They also drop items which disappear from you if you're hit once. Most of the items
aren't useful, but some of them are. You won't get to keep them, because hit boxes are relentless! Kyrieru's first commercial game.

There's no scene mode, only a CG viewer. If you want to see an enemy get you, you have to encounter that enemy in the main game. All areas can be reached
at any time. If you get stuck, treat the game like it's Castlevania: look everywhere.

As far as H content goes, it's all sprite, and low res, but it's voiced to a degree and you have a variety of enemies. It's a fun game, but punishing.

If anything is collected regarding special instructions, they will be located at this post:

https://ulmf.org/threads/kyrieru-kurovadis-re093841.2798/page-51#post-1010886

Last edited by a moderator:

osafune

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Kurovadis Demo

is there any way to get past the no sound device detected? same thing happened when i tried to play his other demo. just keeps popping up after i click ok.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

The first immediate and foremost problem:
Make stunlock harder for the enemies to achieve.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

is there any way to get past the no sound device detected? same thing happened when i tried to play his other demo. just keeps popping up after i click ok.
Try updating your soundcard, running as an admin, or installing a codec pack like k-lite. For some reason game maker games come up with this error on certain computers, but it's rare and the cause isn't always the same, so it's hard to say what's causing it.

@Twisted: You mean getting knocked down? Fair enough. I'll look into re-balancing it a bit.

Korokage

Reputation score

...I keep getting a D3D error when I try to start the .exe for both this and Crimson Brave. Something about graphics cards, which is bull since the graphic card is pretty good and the drivers should be up to date.

Here's the error:

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Try updating your soundcard, running as an admin, or installing a codec pack like k-lite. For some reason game maker games come up with this error on certain computers, but it's rare and the cause isn't always the same, so it's hard to say what's causing it.

@Twisted: You mean getting knocked down? Fair enough. I'll look into re-balancing it a bit.
I got knocked into a corner and couldn't get up fast enough, and I got into an infinite rapelock. Perhaps making it so that you get up automatically after being raped(or don't need to button-mash) and give 2-3 second invinc frames to let the player get to safety in the case of rapelock

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I've always gotten up quick enough. Maybe the fact that some enemies are too fast to get up to you, or the constant damage tentacle pit. The problems I saw were getting stuck inside enemies and walls if you roll into them. And those dame slimes. They sneak inside the walls of the stairs so they can't get hit, and they knock you out of dive rolls. And the jump during those slimes is kinda difficult because of the sometimes unresponsiveness of the jump button, especially when you're sliding off the surfaces of the gears. I kept hurrying to try to get through that part and the first time I did, I was like "OH YEAH AWESOME!" And then suddenly get punched back down into the slimes by the devil. My advice is using the low ceiling to narrow the slimes.

Also you can just walk off the left side of the screen at the start :)

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Most of the more obvious problems have been fixed already, such as the tentacles, the jumping(you can fall while in the delay animation), the part at the beginning, some H attacks not doing damage, etc.

The jump fix also helps with the gears a lot.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I got knocked into a corner and couldn't get up fast enough, and I got into an infinite rapelock. Perhaps making it so that you get up automatically after being raped(or don't need to button-mash) and give 2-3 second invinc frames to let the player get to safety in the case of rapelock
Did you use all the arrow keys? I had that problem with rapelock until I figured out you can mash ALL of the arrow keys to get up, rather than just left and right, like with most RoR.

OP
K

Krasho

Reputation score

Had that problem too but found a fix at this website just follow what it tells you.

osafune

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Had that problem too but found a fix at this website just follow what it tells you.

that didn't help me at all. thanks anyways though.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

After I finish it, I'll also have a link to a version with no sound, as a last resort for anyone who can't run the game for that reason.

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

Wow, this game kicks ass!

Megaman + RoR = EPIC

Keep up the good work, I'm gonna be looming over this thread like a vulture now. :D

Suggestions:

1. Monster variation: Keep it coming! More more more! Also, if you can, make multiple-monster rape possible.

2. Leveling up: Maybe make attack/defence stats, but with a game of this potential, I would really like to see special moves that you can choose to learn when you level up, like maybe a special dash kick, charged shot, or advanced combo (3 hits at first, maybe up to 10 hits when fully leveled)

3. Controls: Make them editable, Z should be jump, X should be shoot, and C should be punch.. Z doesn't seem to do anything, I don't know why it's just sitting there unused like that.

4. Pause menu: Self explanatory.

5. Resolution/display: Make fullscreen an option. EDIT: Make the window resizable, and, though at this point maybe I'm being picky, but the sprites are almost too small, though resizing would help that.

Level design looks good so far, no thoughts there.

Music, sound effects, and graphics are perfect too. :)

The difficulty ramp is more like a semi-steep step, but after that it returns to a steady curve. (Recalling the big monster in the hallway in level 2 who raped me because I didn't have the timing for the dodge roll down yet.)

Last edited:

trollonboard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think that F4 changes windowed mode, though it cannot by resized.
F5 Quicksave
F6 Quickload
Quickloading does not checks if the music is going on, so it won't change when loading.

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

I have to voice here that I am very much in approval of the Nintendo Hard difficulty. Perhaps a slight moment of invincibility on standing could suffice here rather than lowering the odds of knockdown or anything. Keep up the awesome work!

AshPrince

Lurker
Reputation score

Is the fire attack supposed to be unavoidable, (I've tried jumping I've tried rolling I've tried jump rolling) and/or turn you around? I've been hit with it and then suddenly been facing the other direction. Also unlike other monsters who you can roll through, the demon you cant for some reason?

I just cannot get past him, and having to replay everything up to that point gets really annoying, particularly the gear jumping since you can actually jump into the turning gear cog and end up behind where you started.

DarkWarpalg6

Sex Demon
Reputation score

You can jump over it, rolling doesn't work with some attacks, which is intended.

Meoja

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

1. Monster variation: Keep it coming! More more more! Also, if you can, make multiple-monster rape possible.
I agree there's a lot of variation id like to see spiders but saying that I really am looking forward to what you add to this and I can't wait for Crimson Blue this is pretty good so far keep it up!

Last edited: