What's new

ACT [Terrarium] Anthophobia (RJ166403)

OP
Sourjelly

Sourjelly

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Anthophobia

I just wanted to say this game is by far one of the best and highest quality ones I've found. Major kudos to SourJelly for all the hard work. It's greatly appreciated! I look forward to supporting your next project <3
Thank you so much <3<3<3

Still can't find Gold Card 6 and 8. Does anybody know where to find them?
6th and 8th cards are on Exstage 2.

6th one can be found where you can find Imposters(tree monsters).
8th one is- wellp, right near the 8th deadbody.

Here's a hint for both card : "Above"

nrevolve

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I just saw some game play at EX stage and ending.. so maybe some question:

- During the 2nd ex stage (the 3 plant boss), it seems the red one isn't attacking us, why? and the MC says Jake, who is he?

- IMO the final boss of ex stage 3 doesn't look like a final boss, but it sure looks the hardest due the platforming, but why the different health bar?

- why do she pick that last place as a shelter at the ending? it sure looks like it was raided before (dead people everywhere), wasn't it still dangerous?

I really salute you SJ, wasn't expecting Anthophobia would be this good at first when I saw this 2 years ago. Kept at it SJ, I think you could even be a pro developer outside of H game.

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

[...] Here's a hint for both card : "Above"
Well, seems that on my first run, I couldn't see those because I turned LightFX on. Btw, encountered one bug again. Gonna post a Bug Report and a Game Feedback after my 2nd Run-Through ~

- During the 2nd ex stage (the 3 plant boss), it seems the red one isn't attacking us, why? and the MC says Jake, who is he?

- IMO the final boss of ex stage 3 doesn't look like a final boss, but it sure looks the hardest due the platforming, but why the different health bar?

- why do she pick that last place as a shelter at the ending? it sure looks like it was raided before (dead people everywhere), wasn't it still dangerous?
Well, you can make guesses and speculations ... if you want to think about it.
About that Evangelion with the red scarf. After the fight is over and you get close to his dead body, I thought that you can hear telephathy of that Evangelion or that that Evangelion was whisperhing his last thoughts. And about the lines that are spoken, I think that they can be seen as that the Doc (in the last stage who told you that he's searching for THE ONE AND ONLY immune to the infection) is talking to the plant. Not the MC talking to the Evangelion. And seems that the Evangelion's name is Jake, lol.

About that boss. That isn't a health bar. Not directly.

Raided? The doc shot himself. And didn't you just raid the whole stage? So who is in danger right now, lol

Last edited:

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I just saw some game play at EX stage and ending.. so maybe some question:

I really salute you SJ, wasn't expecting Anthophobia would be this good at first when I saw this 2 years ago. Kept at it SJ, I think you could even be a pro developer outside of H game.
You can wait for Ver 2.0

1. That question will most likely be answered in 2.0, since he seems similiar to a new zombie that was shown in early concept but not implmented

2. Probabely just a gameplay mechanic, The Ex stage are more of an extra route that the player has taken.

3. That question should be answerd in Ver. 2.0, since if you look at the map of the faculity, you can see what you have done for 1.0 and 1.5 and what is left.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Anybody have any advice for the last (3B) boss? Other than his horizontal charge that's hard to jump over without getting hit, he's not too hard to hold out against, but I don't know what to do once the sludge drains. Is there something at the bottom that I'm supposed to shoot?

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Anybody have any advice for the last (3B) boss? Other than his horizontal charge that's hard to jump over without getting hit, he's not too hard to hold out against, but I don't know what to do once the sludge drains. Is there something at the bottom that I'm supposed to shoot?
Stay in the middle platform. That's how I did anyways. Btw, those pillars that are standing up, don't hold you back from jumping past it. They're just walls so you've to shoot more bullets if you're in the middle. And of course, if you want to reload, jump to the ammo box. And, the boss will be defeated once the water is fully drained, which is represented via the bar on the right of the screen. Just hold out.

Edit: And don't let him fill up water

Btw, does anybody have a full Achievement set?

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The pillars go down in a single baton whack, so those aren't a problem. And I ask about the draining because it hit bottom and nothing happened. It looked like there were possibly-explosive machines in the background at the lowest level, but I couldn't figure out a way to do anything with them.

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The pillars go down in a single baton whack, so those aren't a problem. And I ask about the draining because it hit bottom and nothing happened. It looked like there were possibly-explosive machines in the background at the lowest level, but I couldn't figure out a way to do anything with them.
You have to let the water drain to lowest and attack boss to clear it.

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

lol, mine hit the lowest level and then the boss just died

Slimeria

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I love the gorgeous animations and the new CG is good as well. I also really like how sometimes there will be ero sprites in the background (something I've always liked) and I really like and appreciate the extra work that went into the two companion zombiegirls you can pick up. I also like the designs of the enemies, I like the hypnosis-spore enemies in particular.
I'm not a fan of how long sections can be inbetween checkpoints because this is a game that punishes you for rushing. In some games with longer checkpoints, you can speed through previous segments of a stage you're familiar with, but in Anthrophobia many enemies are sticky and need to be dealt with as they come. It's also surprisingly punishing at times to lose in a game where the vast majority of content is gated around being put in losing situations or lost states. Boss fights inversely feel much less stressful and were one of my favorite parts of the game.

Some other considerations;

It's hard to tell which keys open what doors without revisiting every door again, until you find what works. This is only an issue in a few stages and is just nitpicking, but a colored handle or text popup would have helped.
As much as I really liked them for the h-content, I found the zombie girls largely worthless. I may have not understood something but it's a bit strange how so much effort for h-content went into something that doesn't really play that big of a role in how you play.

EDIT: Oh! One last really good plus for the game; giving 1.50 for free for those of us who bought 1.00 was very generous, and the amount of extra content in 1.50 is very significant.

Last edited:

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

[...] I found the zombie girls largely worthless. [...]

The long haired zombie girl could be abused as a healing source (you'll lose your clothes, though). Both are capable of seducing zombies. Especially the long haired one which can seduce three zombies simultaneously. But yea. They are KINDA worthless, since I don't know how to time up their 'seduce'-ability.

Milia

Professional Neko Impersonator
Reputation score

As much as I really liked them for the h-content, I found the zombie girls largely worthless.
I quite like the zombie girls, I just wish you could save them from the permanent rape of all the enemies and keep them to yourself. :p DON'T TAKE MY KITTY DAMNIT! And I would've liked it if the second girl I encountered in stage... 1 1/2, I think? With the plant/flower attack thingy, if she would've raped you. I spent so much time trying to kill all the other enemies to get alone with her before her timer ran down and she ignored me! How rude! :eek:

Nonetheless, so far, they're my favorite, just really wish you could save them and kill the zombies/plants(all the enemies) raping them. Idea for a future update maybe? Please? :D

Also, hate those friggin' trees that pop out of NOWEHRE! I HEAR their asses! I shoot my gun, throw a Molotov in BOTH directions and they still rape my ass and scare the SHIT out of me occasionally! And they choose the MOST inopportune times to come after your ass. And I HUNT their asses BEFORE they get me and they STILL get me! It's fun though. :p Thank you for such a great game Sourjelly.

P.S. And those damn plants with their dandelion hypnoses thing, I hate them too... they keep getting me killed by interrupting my attacks... BUT! Once again, that's what makes it fun.

Last edited:

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

There was a plan for a third, GIANT zombie girl. I'm kind of bummed out that she didn't make it into the update. I assume her role has been taken by the scarf & helmet giant in stage 2B's tag team boss fight.

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

There will be an update 2.0 in the future. And GILF will play quite a big role in it.

Milia

Professional Neko Impersonator
Reputation score

GILF? What's that?

jumjummju

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

GILF? What's that?
Usually, GILF (or GMILF) is "GrandMother I'd Like to Fuck" (basically, a cougar) but in this case probably means "Giant I'd Like to Fuck."

Unless she's also a granny zombie, but from the pics I've seen of her she's not some old wrinkly hag so I'm going with just "giant."

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There was a plan for a third, GIANT zombie girl. I'm kind of bummed out that she didn't make it into the update. I assume her role has been taken by the scarf & helmet giant in stage 2B's tag team boss fight.
Wait for 2.0 update

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score

Also, hate those friggin' trees that pop out of NOWEHRE! I HEAR their asses! I shoot my gun, throw a Molotov in BOTH directions and they still rape my ass and scare the SHIT out of me occasionally! And they choose the MOST inopportune times to come after your ass. And I HUNT their asses BEFORE they get me and they STILL get me! It's fun though. :p Thank you for such a great game Sourjelly.
The trees are easy for all but a single part if you are VERY careful and slow. Generally, the background roars indicate when they begin "stalking" you. On looking in the direction the sound is coming from they stop. What you do is look, look away, immediately look back, and repeat until you see a tree that wasn't there a moment ago. Walk in front of it (NOT past, very important), jump, and use your melee midair to one-shot them with a surprise attack. The only one that gives real trouble is the pair that sneaks up while you are crawling past one of those alarm-screamer-things. Save a molotov for that, and run like hell. make sure to save 4 bullets for the 2 crate-stacks at the end too to take them out fastest.

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The trees are easy for all but a single part if you are VERY careful and slow. Generally, the background roars indicate when they begin "stalking" you. On looking in the direction the sound is coming from they stop. What you do is look, look away, immediately look back, and repeat until you see a tree that wasn't there a moment ago. Walk in front of it (NOT past, very important), jump, and use your melee midair to one-shot them with a surprise attack. The only one that gives real trouble is the pair that sneaks up while you are crawling past one of those alarm-screamer-things. Save a molotov for that, and run like hell. make sure to save 4 bullets for the 2 crate-stacks at the end too to take them out fastest.
Even that pair of trees is easy to deal with if you single them out by pacing yourself around the screamers.
After failing my first attempt near the alarm zombies I inched my way to the point they activated until I heard the first roar, then immediately turned back to dispatch the first tree.
I recommend turning your down music volume for that section, as I found portions of the music make it difficult to hear their walking sounds.