What's new

ACT [ Ivan-Aedler] Mario is missing 2.3.1

archangelgemini

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
FIRST AND FOREMOST I APOLOGIZE IF THIS WAS ALREADY POSTED!

I went back 7 pages and didn't see anything on this there is a recent update for this game, however I do not wish to redo everything I have done. Does anyone have a recent full save file? Also for those who do not have the game... the save is at the bottom!!!
thanks and enjoy!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonatafox

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Mario is missing 2.3.1

this project was subpar to begin with and continues to stay in the same place with the art style not matching playshape's original design. Removing the option of unlocking everything kind of breaks the game if you asked me. Not really worth playing the game for the mediocre scenes :T

DeeFrost

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I like it. It's come a pretty long way, and it's cool that they're still working on it. There are some pretty kinky scenes you can only get if you play through it.

By the way, here's the thread (I can't post links yet).

bbs/showthread.php?t=23591

Sonatafox

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I like it. It's come a pretty long way, and it's cool that they're still working on it. There are some pretty kinky scenes you can only get if you play through it.

By the way, here's the thread (I can't post links yet).

bbs/showthread.php?t=23591
i will definitely give it credit for that, however. Most to pretty much all projects, few exceptions, die out almost immediately, but it is pretty impressive to see this one still going after all this time.

Seis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I like the concept but this game is buggy as hell. Game-breaking bugs too like dying for no reason and the main character disappearing (have to restart). I really don't like some of the mechanics either. For instance the key to pick up vegetables is also the run key... I needed to run away from the enemy but since i was near a vegetable she went to pick that up and of course got screwed instead of running away. I think they might have a decent game if they focus more on quality of gameplay instead of quantity of content.

But it does have some positives. You have some options for character customization. Breasts and stomach change size with gameplay. A lot of animations too.

whiteninja

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I wish it didnt have those annoying "bow bow bow" noises during some of the scenes.

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

this project was subpar to begin with and continues to stay in the same place with the art style not matching playshape's original design. Removing the option of unlocking everything kind of breaks the game if you asked me. Not really worth playing the game for the mediocre scenes :T
Hit 1+9+0 at the same time in one of the worlds. Go to gallery. Unlock all scenes.

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm getting about 5-6 fps consistently on my decently strong pc. On low graphics. Speaks to how poorly optimized and comliled it is, but does anyone have some tricks?

drewbit

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm getting about 5-6 fps consistently on my decently strong pc. On low graphics. Speaks to how poorly optimized and comliled it is, but does anyone have some tricks?
Download a standalone flash player. Download it and run it with that. (Adobe has one I think.)

Setting it to a high priority in your task manager helps too. As well as shutting down other stuff. My PC is absolute crap and I'm able to run it decently.

Seis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As it said in the LoK thread, you want to use the standalone player or Chrome. For some reason Firefox slows it down. There's a link to the standalone player in the LoK thread. adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html You want to download the "Download the Windows Flash Player 15 Projector (EXE, 10.69 MB)" if you're on Windows.

I think they're trying to have too much going on in some of the scenes and that ends up slowing things down. That's why i said they should focus more on quality instead of quantity.

Also fyi, in version 2.3.1 there is a known bug with the key in world 1-3. He won't accept the key if you haven't had 10 sex scenes on that level or turn on act like nymph in the options BEFORE talking to him. So if you're like me and trying to stay decent you'll have to wait for the next version or turn on act like nymph in the options and turn it back off after.

DeeFrost

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I really wish they'd fix the grammar issues and spelling in the little speech/thought bubbles during the sex scenes.

Ivan-Aedler

Reputation score

Hello there ;)

this project was subpar to begin with and continues to stay in the same place with the art style not matching playshape's original design. Removing the option of unlocking everything kind of breaks the game if you asked me.
Did you read the page 1 in LOK thread? You can unlock it, by using cheat keys. (1,9 and 0 at the same time.).

Not really worth playing the game for the mediocre scenes :T
What would you need to improve it more? Scenes like Meet and Fuck games? The intention isnt 101% realistic scenes, but the fantasy ;).

Right now, we're dealing with some persisting bugs, but we are going on well (I hope so) ;)

I like it. It's come a pretty long way, and it's cool that they're still working on it
i will definitely give it credit for that, however. Most to pretty much all projects, few exceptions, die out almost immediately, but it is pretty impressive to see this one still going after all this time.
Well, considering we have more than 250 sex scenes in a game that's 2 and a half years old, and almost an indie game (Some helps but its not enough to make, say, an entire world in a month), its not that bad :)

A thing I want to make in the game is the pregnancy support, at least with eggs to start with. And World 7.

I like the concept but this game is buggy as hell.
We used to have more than 500 bugs (wow!) but if you check the changelog, we were fighting against them since the beginning. Some bugs werent even my fault, but flash fault. The engine has functions like onUnload=function() which doesnt work well, making text balloons be laying there (it doesnt disappear until later). Then I created a function from scratch. In order for people to help me more, and complain less, just go to LOK site and show me which bugs you found, and a way to reproduce them. So I can check them and fix them, right? ;)

Game-breaking bugs too like dying for no reason and the main character disappearing (have to restart).
You are being so superficial here. How to reproduce it?

I really don't like some of the mechanics either. For instance the key to pick up vegetables is also the run key...
More than 6,000 people who is active in the forum have no complains. Also, its the way SMB2 is configured. The game tries to keep Mario Universe mechanics.

I needed to run away from the enemy but since i was near a vegetable she went to pick that up and of course got screwed instead of running away.
If you press the RUN key before reaching the veggie, then keep it pressed while walking past the vegetable, she wont grab it.

I think they might have a decent game if they focus more on quality of gameplay instead of quantity of content.
Right now, I am the 'they'. And trust me, coding this game is a saga. But the priority is levels and scenes, until all worlds are there. Until reaching that far, I will be fixing bugs along the way.....if people help me find them out.

I wish it didnt have those annoying "bow bow bow" noises during some of the scenes.
I can make it turns to 'semen/cum sounds' instead, by putting a new option: 'Dont use BOEING sounds. But for that, I need more people complaining about 'boeing'.

You can use google chrome. Trust me, in Playshapes and Blargh version, some areas were as low as 1 FPS!! I use a core i5 and I get 18 fps. With a core i7, you get more than 22fps. When Flash has 'thread support' / Multi CPU vector rendering, then the game will use our CPUs more. The problem is Adobe Flash limitations.

Coding a huge game is hard in a way I need to 'walk in a forest' to daydream about what to do next. Some of those give me 'eurekas' in order to use new poses and scenes, like Thwomp anal scene. Its one of my favs.
Let's keep going.

Thanks for the reports. Back to coding.

Last edited:

Sonatafox

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hello there ;)

Coding a huge game is hard in a way I need to 'walk in a forest' to daydream about what to do next. Some of those give me 'eurekas' in order to use new poses and scenes, like Thwomp anal scene. Its one of my favs.
Let's keep going.

Thanks for the reports. Back to coding.
Not so sound rude, also cutting most of the quote so the wall of text doesn't get bigger than it needs to be, but going quantity over quality just because no one on the LoK forum has complained about it isn't really a justification to not work on it. To be honest, just about everything there is the same sprites being used in every single game idea that forum can come up with, every so often even shittier custom sprites. Regardless of that fact, everyone there pretty much likes everything anyone makes, so judgement of quality isn't really something that forum does well in.

Actually making the game worth playing and the art/scenes of better quality in both visuals and sound would make it more enjoyable. As it stands now, its not great, but its not the worst thing I've seen, but even if you added 5 more levels and 1,000 more enemies without confronting these quality problems simply because no one on the forum has mentioned or complained about it won't change its standing. It'll be impressive to have a metric fuck ton of animations and enemies, but quantity can only stand so high without quality.

As for your comment about the cheats, I didn't read it because there shouldn't even be a need for cheats to unlock the scenes when it originally just had an unlock button. Not to mention that since the quality isn't that great with the quantity, i didn't want to bother sifting through 4 read-more's, a wall of text about change logs and updates, and then 12 more read-more's. The h-scenes you got going on really aren't worth any effort at all in my opinion. Too comedic and low quality sprites.

Its cool that you're still doing what you're doing after all this time and you're really sticking with it, but nothing has changed in terms of quality since the start of the project and that's what really diverts most everyone who isn't part of the LoK forum (granted the people on the forum love pretty much every canceled project there that pops up for a week or two, all of which use playshape's models).

Even Gorepete's stuff isnt even that good and is pretty subpar because of the fact that he just reuses playshape's base models as well. He did better with it than most everyone else on that forum but as it is, its still what it is.

Ivan-Aedler

Reputation score

Not so sound rude, also cutting most of the quote so the wall of text doesn't get bigger than it needs to be, but going quantity over quality just because no one on the LoK forum has complained about it isn't really a justification to not work on it.
Well, the game is mine, so one of the things that makes me work on it is with features I wanted most, since ages ago, where games doesnt have the features MIM PUT has :) But I decided to listen much more to people (rare programmers do that, btw), making features I didnt like, but giving the game more resilience/flexibility. I went much far. Now I need to focus on things I wanted to do since 2012: 'the ground pound' feature, World 7 (which will have creatures from SMRPG, like Mallow (the nimbus frend) and Tadpoles.

To be honest, just about everything there is the same sprites being used in every single game idea that forum can come up with, every so often even shittier custom sprites. Regardless of that fact, everyone there pretty much likes everything anyone makes, so judgement of quality isn't really something that forum does well in.
My game has enough quality. Could it improve? For sure ;) BTW, almost all of the 80+ enemies listed in page 1 of LOK thread were made by me, and by using vectors instead of Bitmaps, while taking care of their qualities, nookies and crannies. An example:

www . legendofkrystal.com/forum/download/file.php?id=13437
(I cant put links here until I have more posts).

If thats not an improvement for you, so sorry, but you are complaining too much.

As it stands now, its not great, but its not the worst thing I've seen, but even if you added 5 more levels and 1,000 more enemies without confronting these quality problems simply because no one on the forum has mentioned or complained about it won't change its standing.
So why not pointing out where it can be improved? :) And better, you guys can help as well! Do you know GIMP?

As for your comment about the cheats, I didn't read it because there shouldn't even be a need for cheats to unlock the scenes when it originally just had an unlock button.
The true MIM PUT game doesnt have it. After so many discussions back in 2012, people decided to remove it. By using cheats, you can do everything, but you will lose the features (like coins, score points and even certain hidden scenes) that the pure game has. This is made to give value to what creators made in this game over those months. Thank you for you respecting it :)

Not to mention that since the quality isn't that great with the quantity, i didn't want to bother sifting through 4 read-more's, a wall of text about change logs and updates
So dont read it ;)

The h-scenes you got going on really aren't worth any effort at all in my opinion. Too comedic and low quality sprites.
So dont play it. You are not obligated to play it, right?

Its cool that you're still doing what you're doing after all this time and you're really sticking with it, but nothing has changed in terms of quality
It did.

(granted the people on the forum love pretty much every canceled project there that pops up for a week or two, all of which use playshape's models).
If people use to help more, and stimulate people more, instead of only shouting negative sides, maybe they wont be giving up their projects. ;)

Even Gorepete's stuff isnt even that good and is pretty subpar because of the fact that he just reuses playshape's base models as well. He did better with it than most everyone else on that forum but as it is, its still what it is.
Great Gorepete! I love his work.
Thank you for your reports ;) Thats makes me even more stimulated to improve! I may make some more scenes and the remaining level of world6: 6-6 and its airship level. I already have its layout, now I gotta go. God bless you.

Last edited:

boyo111

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've played this game off and on for the past two years and I just want to let you know you have my utmost respect and admiration for continuing the game and keeping the quality up there. There have been some annoying issues, like the Eagle level door problem, but its a free game with a lot of fun stuff. I've seen commercial stuff with more defects.

In a word - Thanks!

Ivan-Aedler

Reputation score

I've played this game off and on for the past two years and I just want to let you know you have my utmost respect and admiration for continuing the game and keeping the quality up there. There have been some annoying issues, like the Eagle level door problem, but its a free game with a lot of fun stuff. I've seen commercial stuff with more defects.
In a word - Thanks!
Glad you like it ;) If you played the latest version (2.3.3) and still has problems in the Eagle level door, I would like to reproduce it here, so I can fix it.

Last edited: