What's new

RPG [ pumpkin] パンプキン The Money Quest of Ryina リィナのマネークエスト RE155522 RJ155522 RPGMaker

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Screenshots:

Title:
リィナのマネークエスト

Developed By:

Release Date:
May 23rd, 2015

RJ Number:

Download Link:
* Story
Ryina needed money to buy a magical potion,
so she did what people do: got a job.

But would she choose part-time labor, monster quests,
or special remuneration for sexual deeds......

* Gameplay
The Money Quest of Ryina is a fantasy RPG.
When losing a fight to an enemy, you see an "insta-fail event"
Monsters may assail Ryina with tentacles
or groups of men and even giants may pile on her,
and of course there's vanilla with the villagers.

Ryina's pose artwork changes with her outfits.
Damage is also reflected in her clothes in stages.

19 base CGs (not counting pose artwork), 73 total incl. variations

The game includes reminisce & CG appreciation modes
In-game events can be watched again in these modes
any time you like.

Last edited by a moderator:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Money Quest of Ryina

o_O the art looks delicious!

Edit: o_O the size is only 47 MB... I hope there's a sufficient amount of content...

Okay, so this looks like a classic cloth-hp relationship H-RPG. No grapple-rape during combat, but scene when lose to an enemy. No game-overs (which is nice), but not counter for lust either.
Standard combat and everything.

I've played too many games like this to be entertained by this style, anymore. I personally need stuff like DnP and some of Circle Kame stuff to be turned on.

The Art in this game is GREAT, though. Also, make sure to read what the people are saying since your quests depend on it. (They REALLY need to make a quests tab on menu so you can frigging follow since most people don't read the endless lines of text.) There's also no text-skip button from what I can tell.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

o_O the art looks delicious!

Edit: o_O the size is only 47 MB... I hope there's a sufficient amount of content...

Okay, so this looks like a classic cloth-hp relationship H-RPG. No grapple-rape during combat, but scene when lose to an enemy. No game-overs (which is nice), but not counter for lust either.
Standard combat and everything.

I've played too many games like this to be entertained by this style, anymore. I personally need stuff like DnP and some of Circle Kame stuff to be turned on.

The Art in this game is GREAT, though. Also, make sure to read what the people are saying since your quests depend on it. (They REALLY need to make a quests tab on menu so you can frigging follow since most people don't read the endless lines of text.) There's also no text-skip button from what I can tell.
There's only 17 scenes, so I'd it's just meh.
Sure the art is quite nice, but I have a feeling this game will be short...
I still haven't played any games released today. I'm still playing Hentai Quest.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow, art style seems really good, but this:

Okay, so this looks like a classic cloth-hp relationship H-RPG.
Why is there so many games like that? This is such a bad system :(

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hear you, bruv. They need to put h into gameplay.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Why is there so many games like that? This is such a bad system :(
Well, it's clearly easier to implement. Just have 1 variable and 1 if condition to track that.
Also, it was a pretty popular trend that was (maybe still is) selling well. I guess they didn't expect people to think too much about the game they play?

*Drinks potion*
"Clothes were restored"
How the fuck does that work?
"Don't question it."

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, it's clearly easier to implement. Just have 1 variable and 1 if condition to track that.
Also, it was a pretty popular trend that was (maybe still is) selling well. I guess they didn't expect people to think too much about the game they play?

*Drinks potion*
"Clothes were restored"
How the fuck does that work?
"Don't question it."
I understand that :(, but how could separating HP from clothes damages and link it to a sewing kit (for example) be that complicated?
I'm no game dev, but I think it's simply general laziness, the same one that gives us awesome art cg coupled with games behaving like short slideshow for these cg instead of actual thrilling adult games.
I've played 秘密のおでかけ from the same author, and it felt empty, despite the good art. If this one is the same, I'll pass on it until he/she recruits someone more creative. I'm not even searching for a deep story, but something like gradual corruption, interesting interaction with characters, stats, etc.
The last little gem having that was the awesome salvation, and I still hope that this type of game will be copied by other authors :D

pedomudkip

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just finished the game. Do note to save before you talk to the man in the library after completing all of the quests. Since it just gives you the final cg and prompt you back to the title screen and you are only able to load your previous save. At least that's what happened with mine.

Forget about grinding, just go around the dungeons and get the items. You will get a lightning blade and a death blade in one of the dungeons. Use that along with the 7.5k armor bought at the weapons store at first town and you're good to go.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I understand that :(, but how could separating HP from clothes damages and link it to a sewing kit (for example) be that complicated?
For someone not knowing Ruby/RGSS it's very complicated. Tying it to HP is the easiest solution, because it can be made with events only and you don't even need too look at the scripts. Believe it or not, but making proper clothing damage system requires a lot of planning and coding (including changing behavior of many standard elements) and it's not something you can just code during lunch-break.

I'm no game dev, but I think it's simply general laziness, the same one that gives us awesome art cg coupled with games behaving like short slideshow for these cg instead of actual thrilling adult games.
If dev is skilled CG artist, he will make a game with pretty graphics and generic game mechanics. Skilled scripter/coder/programmer will make game with unique/advanced mechanics and features, but with lousy graphics. To improve lacking aspect of the game he needs money from sales (either to support himself during learning process, to buy needed assets or to hire some help), but at least half of potential buyers will just download the game for free from Internet and revenue from sales is simply insufficient after deducting distributor's cut (~40-85% in DLsite's cases). So, instead improving, he makes another game on the same level just to keep afloat - and I don't mean make a living, because that is simply impossible without another source of income. I can bet, that if you would at least try to make basic game in RPG Maker, you wouldn't be using terms like "general laziness" that easy.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For someone not knowing Ruby/RGSS it's very complicated. Tying it to HP is the easiest solution, because it can be made with events only and you don't even need too look at the scripts. Believe it or not, but making proper clothing damage system requires a lot of planning and coding (including changing behavior of many standard elements) and it's not something you can just code during lunch-break.

If dev is skilled CG artist, he will make a game with pretty graphics and generic game mechanics. Skilled scripter/coder/programmer will make game with unique/advanced mechanics and features, but with lousy graphics. To improve lacking aspect of the game he needs money from sales (either to support himself during learning process, to buy needed assets or to hire some help), but at least half of potential buyers will just download the game for free from Internet and revenue from sales is simply insufficient after deducting distributor's cut (~40-85% in DLsite's cases). So, instead improving, he makes another game on the same level just to keep afloat - and I don't mean make a living, because that is simply impossible without another source of income.
What you wrote makes sense.
Apart from one thing: I don't know about the general financial situation of these game devs (and I suppose they are like all independent game devs: in a difficult situation most of the time), but if it was that awful we wouldn't see games in the market. So I can't really empathize with a studio making games with the same flaws over and over again, for years.
Don't get me wrong, of course it's difficult to make a living by only making these games. I think, seeing the selling trend, that there is a fierce competition between all the sellers, and a limited audience (I don't believe that all the people getting these games for free would buy them if they had no choice, so the potential audience is not that big.).

I can bet, that if you would at least try to make basic game in RPG Maker, you wouldn't be using terms like "general laziness" that easy.
I don't know because I'm not an adult rpg maker game seller, so I will trust you on that.
Don't take the word "laziness" that bad, it's simply meant as general judgement on the current market, seeing that indeed, as you said, we have technically good games (with bad art) and artistically awesome games (but bland technically). And I'm not even talking about characters and scenario.
I have seen such a divide for many years now, and there is still no change... So yeah, for me there is a general laziness in being in a sort of a comfort zone for years now for some game makers.
Fortunately a lot of them are actually enhancing their games with each new release :).

Last edited:

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

What you wrote makes sense.
Apart from one thing: I don't know about the general financial situation of these game devs (and I suppose they are like all independent game devs: in a difficult situation most of the time), but if it was that awful we wouldn't see games in the market. So I can't really empathize with a studio making games with the same flaws over and over again, for years.
Don't get me wrong, of course it's difficult to make a living by only making these games. I think, seeing the selling trend, that there is a fierce competition between all the sellers, and a limited audience (I don't believe that all the people getting these games for free would buy them if they had no choice, so the potential audience is not that big.).
It's just speculation on my part, but I think that some of those studios repeating same flaws you've mentioned are making games just to raise artist's profit margin - instead of selling CG pack for $5, they wrap it in a simple story made with little effort (comparing to producing another batch of images) and raise price to $10 (both prices are just examples). But that may be as well an act of desperation to improve dev's difficult situation.

Competition and fighting for the client was, is and will be part of every market, including adult gaming - it's generally good, because we get to play better games with better features, but it's also the reason why many new circles/studios have such a hard start - gamers spoiled by older and more experienced circles expect that game made by newcomer will be at the same or even higher level. And most sad thing is that for one comment like "this circle looks promising, I'll buy their game to support them" there's dozen comments like "what a piece of shit... does anyone has download link" - don't know, maybe it's just a convenient excuse or maybe even "life philosophy" to pirate games no matter if they can afford it or not, but it still pisses me off.

I don't know because I'm not an adult rpg maker game seller, so I will trust you on that.
Don't take the word "laziness" that bad, it's simply meant as general judgement on the current market, seeing that indeed, as you said, we have technically good games (with bad art) and artistically awesome games (but bland technically). And I'm not even talking about characters and scenario.
I have seen such a divide for many years now, and there is still no change... So yeah, for me there is a general laziness in being in a sort of a comfort zone for years now for some game makers.
Fortunately a lot of them are actually enhancing their games with each new release :).
I'm not game seller either... I don't know if I can even call myself game dev - I'm just a guy who fell in love with Ruby and is trying to use this to create something unique... and maybe one day I'll be able to release a game of my own.
Don't know why, but that "general laziness" part ticked me off, so I'm glad for clarification. And let's hope that what you wrote in last sentence will not change ;). Peace :D

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's just speculation on my part, but I think that some of those studios repeating same flaws you've mentioned are making games just to raise artist's profit margin - instead of selling CG pack for $5, they wrap it in a simple story made with little effort (comparing to producing another batch of images) and raise price to $10 (both prices are just examples). But that may be as well an act of desperation to improve dev's difficult situation.
Yes, some games are really just that: a bunch of cg in a completely bland rpg maker game.
If it's a first game, why not. But if the author keeps doing that for years, well to be polite I will say that this is not for me. :p

Competition and fighting for the client was, is and will be part of every market, including adult gaming - it's generally good, because we get to play better games with better features, but it's also the reason why many new circles/studios have such a hard start - gamers spoiled by older and more experienced circles expect that game made by newcomer will be at the same or even higher level.
Competition is also what breaks the monotony of established positions, and the overall cycle of the "I-draw-10-cg-and-wrap-them-up-in-a-slideshow-game-over-and-over-again". Younger circles trying to be innovative is a good thing in the long term ;)

And most sad thing is that for one comment like "this circle looks promising, I'll buy their game to support them" there's dozen comments like "what a piece of shit... does anyone has download link" - don't know, maybe it's just a convenient excuse or maybe even "life philosophy" to pirate games no matter if they can afford it or not, but it still pisses me off.
As you said, it really depends on a person's financial situation: not everyone has a salary in dollar/euro/yen, and thus can afford it. That's what I meant by saying that the potential buyer base is much narrower than how many downloads on mega one could see. Of course, this reasoning is theoretical because Internet is both what permits the selling of adult games and its piracy. They are 2 faces of the same coin...
So situations may vary: some (rare rich) people buy all the games as soon as they are out (hundreds of $/€ every month?), some other will only buy one or two games after "trying" them, some can't/won't buy any game, etc...

I'm not game seller either... I don't know if I can even call myself game dev - I'm just a guy who fell in love with Ruby and is trying to use this to create something unique... and maybe one day I'll be able to release a game of my own.
Don't know why, but that "general laziness" part ticked me off, so I'm glad for clarification. And let's hope that what you wrote in last sentence will not change ;). Peace :D
I'm always open for constructive argumentation, so don't worry about it. ;)

Let's return to Money Quest of Ryina then ^^

Last edited:
OP
M

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Huh... question.
How the fck do you get spells? I just got to lvl3 and I was prompted for a new spell, but I have no spells?!?!

ziodyne

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Huh... question.
How the fck do you get spells? I just got to lvl3 and I was prompted for a new spell, but I have no spells?!?!
I already deleted the game so I can't check, but have you tried looking for spells with different swords/equipment/costumes on? I know they all had different traits so maybe they give unique skills too at certain levels.

olboiye

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm missing 2 events from this game. It's a decent game if you keep expectations fairly low, and doesn't take all that long to complete. I'm ready to move on, but I hate leaving a game unfinished. I've went to all the locations available on the map and completed most all the quests and did all the odd jobs from what I can tell, but talking to the guy in the library doesn't do anything.

The two scenes that I'm missing are:
1. at the very top, fourth one from the left
2. 2nd row from the top, fourth one from the left

From the CG pack, it looks like it's an big orc event, and also a cat suit event.

If someone could help me with those, I'd be grateful. Alternatively, I'm fine with just inputting the passcode into the book as well (which, I'm assuming, will unlock all of the events). Thanks.

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

From the CG pack, it looks like it's an big orc event, and also a cat suit event.
Pretty sure the catsuit event is the slut ending, i.e get most of your money from prostitution, I think, either that or just get most or all prostitution scenes.

olboiye

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Pretty sure the catsuit event is the slut ending, i.e get most of your money from prostitution, I think, either that or just get most or all prostitution scenes.
Yep, you are correct. I needed 50,000 monies (I think?), and then talk to the guy in library to get the ending. As such, I think I realized that I'm still missing a separate scene, as well as the orc scene.

Edit: Finally figured it out. There is a guy on the 2nd floor of the first town's inn that unlocks the dungeons with the orcs (1 scene is GoR scene with a regular orc, and 1 scene is the GoR scene for the Orc boss of that dungeon). I kept missing the guy that unlocked the dungeon because I only ever went to the 2nd floor while working for the innkeeper (and the guy doesn't spawn in that case). Silly me.

Last edited: