What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Sierra Lee] The Last Sovereign [Updated 3/15: 150+ ILLUSTRATED SCENES!]

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Last Sovereign [Updated 5/23]

This game. soo good.

I find myself just staring at the screen at some of these lines. They have so much power behind them.

You've done an amazing job of bringing the game to life.

"I wonder how many we'll bury this winter."

"This winter will be different."

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Also, what is the goal of the relationship number you have when you go in the hotel? Is it supposed to reflect you going to an evil route (Yarra points) or good route (Aka)?

BTW is there any walkthrough or some FAQ about the game somewhere? :)
1) Higher numbers unlock new sex scenes (just one per person for now, but more is a Patreon goal). At 100 a character's trust will lock even if you make decisions they dislike. It will also provide some additional options/bonuses.

2) Not at the moment. I'd like to have a wiki or something to provide this for everyone, but finding hosting is a bit of a problem.

Minor bug. When I went to the bank before leaving town I spoke to the exchange PRoN vendor. Deciding against it I hit cancel--was also still on the "no" option--and it exchanged 3000 instead.
Looks like I forgot to get the default changed - fixed for the next version!

Speaking to the Merchant may be necessary. I believe I'd already done so when I spoke to Yarra and received a vistor. A number of the quests in the area are tied together and can't be completed without each other so it may just be blocked by that. So far the game has been quite good about mentioning any points of no return so I'd just give that a try and see if it works out.
Yes, you need to advance the plot with Megail before you can finish Stineford. For the record, I have every intention of being clear about all the points of no return.

This game. soo good.

I find myself just staring at the screen at some of these lines. They have so much power behind them.

You've done an amazing job of bringing the game to life.
Thank you!

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Speaking to the Merchant may be necessary. I believe I'd already done so when I spoke to Yarra and received a vistor. A number of the quests in the area are tied together and can't be completed without each other so it may just be blocked by that. So far the game has been quite good about mentioning any points of no return so I'd just give that a try and see if it works out. Also, I hadn't checked my quest log so I don't know if it was before or after, but when I spoke to Yarra I had already interacted with the location she referred to. It resulted in a short bit of dialogue about it. Not sure if that changed anything.
Yes, you need to advance the plot with Megail before you can finish Stineford. For the record, I have every intention of being clear about all the points of no return.
OK, will do, thanks :)

1) Higher numbers unlock new sex scenes (just one per person for now, but more is a Patreon goal). At 100 a character's trust will lock even if you make decisions they dislike. It will also provide some additional options/bonuses.
Good to know, I really think that something as simple as a good or bad alignment wouldn't fit such a pragmatic character :)

2) Not at the moment. I'd like to have a wiki or something to provide this for everyone, but finding hosting is a bit of a problem.
OK!

Last edited:

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Could anyone point me in the right direction on the Stop Ivastan's Plan quest?

I've found out about the Kingsmen from the high priestess and I'm not really sure what to do now. I'm just canvassing the city and not really finding anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've found out about the Kingsmen from the high priestess and I'm not really sure what to do now. I'm just canvassing the city and not really finding anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.
try:
1. going back to your room in the palace.
2. talking to merchant lady in her room in the inn
3. talking to the queen again.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Good to know, I really think that something as simple as a good or bad alignment wouldn't fit such a pragmatic character :)
Yes, this game definitely isn't doing a good route / bad route thing. You may need to choose between Aka and Yarra sometimes, but in the long run you can convince both to take a more pragmatic path. When you get to the end of the content in this version, you'll see the game's take on things pretty clearly.

If you're at the part I believe you are...
Progress is based on how many pieces of evidence you've acquired - you need to find many but not all. Canvassing the city should get them all, though you'll need to backtrack at times when the evidence takes you somewhere you've already visited.

Eventually, go to the guard bar in the Court. If you have enough evidence, a scene will trigger that will lead you to the next series of events.

NaoSoul

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So. By the end, something possessed me and I ended up using all my investing money on hiring ALL 3 mercenary groups. ç_ç

I regret it so bad. Especially after I walked around and saw all the things you could do with the money. Hopefully, having a small army of mercs will come in handy in future updates.

Sporadicus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Started playing this today.

A ero game in English? Yes, please!

Good job in putting this much description in your scenes. If only there were artists who would be willing to do art for the game. Hmmmm. . .

You could always put an APB out on Hentai Foundry. Not sure how many would come to you, but I'm sure you could have a pick of the litter. Heck, make it like Queen Opala where certain artists can illustrate certain scenes.

This has potential. I'm glad you've stuck with this.

Good luck, and good game-making!

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So. By the end, something possessed me and I ended up using all my investing money on hiring ALL 3 mercenary groups. ç_ç

I regret it so bad. Especially after I walked around and saw all the things you could do with the money. Hopefully, having a small army of mercs will come in handy in future updates.
XD I plan to have a lot of little perks for different choices, so you'll be fine.

Good job in putting this much description in your scenes. If only there were artists who would be willing to do art for the game. Hmmmm. . .

You could always put an APB out on Hentai Foundry. Not sure how many would come to you, but I'm sure you could have a pick of the litter. Heck, make it like Queen Opala where certain artists can illustrate certain scenes.
It's amazing that Gabe made this work for her, but I have no idea if creators can get away with it anymore. I would like to have custom art and I'm working with one artist, but she draws slower than I'm putting out updates. Multiple artists would solve that problem, but I don't know how many people would really be willing to pitch in.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words!

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finished 0.8.2, in exactly 10h, 47mn and 21s :p
Writing is excellent and clearly the main appeal of the title: it felt so good to follow characters having actual personalities :D. I felt attached to a lot of them, which shows how much I appreciated the game!
The gameplay is also good, but kind of difficult due to grinding being impossible and the fact that I always was tight on money.
Art is simply avatars but they are well drawn and fuel imagination well during written sex scenes :).
Also I wasn't expecting:
the city enhancement part, really curious on where this will go.
If you keep this level of standard for the next parts, I expect an awesome game, and at last a well written harem with an interesting MC :D

What can be better:
- Moar side quests and side characters :D
- Why not centralize a lot of information in the menu instead of talking to every character (relation points and Pron for example)?
- I saw that there was
sprite sex
but it wasn't used that much?

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

XD I plan to have a lot of little perks for different choices, so you'll be fine.

It's amazing that Gabe made this work for her, but I have no idea if creators can get away with it anymore. I would like to have custom art and I'm working with one artist, but she draws slower than I'm putting out updates. Multiple artists would solve that problem, but I don't know how many people would really be willing to pitch in.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words!
Ah, yeah, about that. Whatever you do, don't make it so that there is art from different artist during one playthrough.

Gabe isn't doing this exactly. You know she makes a "Western" and "Eastern" version right? So technically you only see one type of art depending on your choice. And that makes the art consistent.

I'm saying this because, well if you have more than one artist doing the images it becomes very distracting and inconsistent. Two games like that that I know of is "Roundscape:Adorevia" and "Overwhored". Although the creator of the latter seems to have chosen an artist he will stick with for his next games. (which is also the artist that does art for the current updates)

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

If you keep this level of standard for the next parts, I expect an awesome game, and at last a well written harem with an interesting MC :D
Thanks, I'll do my best!

- Why not centralize a lot of information in the menu instead of talking to every character (relation points and Pron for example)?
- I saw that there was
sprite sex
but it wasn't used that much?
I have something in mind for ProN, you'll see it next update, but for relationship points the truth is that I don't have the skill to code something like that.

Re: sprite sex, my resources are limited and they don't always fit with the scenes I've written. If there were any scenes you thought could particularly use sex sprites, I'll try to get them.

Ah, yeah, about that. Whatever you do, don't make it so that there is art from different artist during one playthrough.

Gabe isn't doing this exactly. You know she makes a "Western" and "Eastern" version right? So technically you only see one type of art depending on your choice. And that makes the art consistent.

I'm saying this because, well if you have more than one artist doing the images it becomes very distracting and inconsistent. Two games like that that I know of is "Roundscape:Adorevia" and "Overwhored". Although the creator of the latter seems to have chosen an artist he will stick with for his next games. (which is also the artist that does art for the current updates)
Your opinion is noted. ^^ I agree that a consistent art style looks best (and I've tried to put some effort into making all the character art consistent) but I've actually gotten the impression that this doesn't matter so much to a lot of players. Almost all of this is purely hypothetical at this stage, so opinions are welcome.

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've actually gotten the impression that this doesn't matter so much to a lot of players.

matters to me. i'd rather no art than shitty art.

yeah, i know shitty is subjective, but some of the art in roundscape makes me wanna vomit

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Your opinion is noted. ^^
Thanks! Although TBH in the case of your game art isn't really needed. But hey, if people want it that bad so be it.

toodledoo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey!

Been playing through this game, and i'm genuinely very impressed with the writing quality and character development going on for the kind of game it is, it's really well done.

A+ on that.

I'm sure it's been asked or noted, but I would like to strongly +1 that even passable h-art to go along with the text would be a massively improving element for this game. Doesn't need to be super ultra good, but simply the same existing level of quality for the characters (like when you first meet them / during dialogues).

Very impressive game, a lot of attention to detail, etc.

I would also like to suggest quality of life improvements such as displaying relationship ratings in STATUS pages or something for characters; instead of having to go to specific locations and discuss with that character to figure it out. Small but meaningful quality of life.

Keep up your great work!

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

matters to me. i'd rather no art than shitty art.

yeah, i know shitty is subjective, but some of the art in roundscape makes me wanna vomit
Sorry, I didn't mean that people don't care about quality. Subjective as it may be, I'm pretty sure no one plays a game and thinks, "I sure wish this art was shittier."

What I meant is that art consistency doesn't seem to be as high a priority as you'd expect for the majority of people. There are some fairly high profile projects that don't even aim for it, using multiple artists with wildly disparate styles. Obviously some people dislike it, but more don't seem to care.

Having said that, I'm not saying I'm going to throw in any art I can get my hands on. Whatever I ultimately do art-wise, I want it to be something that enhances the game.

Thanks! Although TBH in the case of your game art isn't really needed. But hey, if people want it that bad so be it.
I do welcome these opinions too. There are more text-only people than I would have guessed, for example, but they seem to be more quiet about their preferences.

Hey!

Been playing through this game, and i'm genuinely very impressed with the writing quality and character development going on for the kind of game it is, it's really well done.

A+ on that.

I'm sure it's been asked or noted, but I would like to strongly +1 that even passable h-art to go along with the text would be a massively improving element for this game. Doesn't need to be super ultra good, but simply the same existing level of quality for the characters (like when you first meet them / during dialogues).

Very impressive game, a lot of attention to detail, etc.

I would also like to suggest quality of life improvements such as displaying relationship ratings in STATUS pages or something for characters; instead of having to go to specific locations and discuss with that character to figure it out. Small but meaningful quality of life.

Keep up your great work!
Thank you. ^-^

As I've said, all opinions welcome. I'll be trying to make the best game I can according to my vision for it, but it's useful to know what players are thinking.

While I wouldn't rule out relationship values in the status menu, it's not something I've been able to figure out how to code myself yet.

Gromelon

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Oh wow. I played the very first public version of this game, under different name, and that was not so long ago. Finding out so much new content is a very pleasant surprise. Development speed AND quality of your work is astounding. CG or no CG, this game is already much more interesting that 99% of commercial products on RPG Maker. Hell, I got more fun reading that first version than most VN last year, and it was pretty much a prologue. Writing is good, characters are refreshing and deep(-ish, but something tells me even Cumdump tier ones will get backstory in the future), story takes awesome angle on classic fantasy cliché, and finally we get MC who feels like a real person.

You are doing things very, very right. Thx for all the work on this. God knows, this niche needs games with real story like air.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have something in mind for ProN, you'll see it next update, but for relationship points the truth is that I don't have the skill to code something like that.
OK!
Are you coding everything by yourself?

Re: sprite sex, my resources are limited and they don't always fit with the scenes I've written. If there were any scenes you thought could particularly use sex sprites, I'll try to get them.
More about using them in all beds instead of only in the first hotel as a cheap but effective way to have scenes even without writing a ton of them. :)
BTW did you plan to have sex (and abstinence) affecting some stats? That would fit the description of the shard effect pretty well.

Your opinion is noted. ^^ I agree that a consistent art style looks best (and I've tried to put some effort into making all the character art consistent) but I've actually gotten the impression that this doesn't matter so much to a lot of players. Almost all of this is purely hypothetical at this stage, so opinions are welcome.
Consistent art is also really important for me, and indeed it's better to have only an avatar (with different emotions displayed, VN style) and quality text than a lot of below average screens.
The only thing that lacked in your avatars is maybe using a more varied emotion palette (blushing, overjoyed, pissed off, etc), especially for the main MC. It's ok and fitting to be calm and composed, but -like is maybe too much: a little bit more expressions, even subtle, would be awesome, and that would help to make his poker face moments more appealing. Otherwise they really are good and help the immersion tremendously!

Also keeping a consistent character design helps too, be it with one or multiple artists.

Writing is good, characters are refreshing and deep(-ish, but something tells me even Cumdump tier ones will get backstory in the future),
Yes, but I hope that she won't have that many moments, too much Jar Jar Binks can pretty much kill any story.
The best comic moments for me were the Chosen dialogs: you captured really well how stupid "heroic" chosen heroes can be in this story, and that's hilarious :D.
That makes me wonder on why the hell is the goddess doing that. We don't know much about her anyway. Future addition in the harem? :D

You are doing things very, very right. Thx for all the work on this. God knows, this niche needs games with real story like air.
I wish this level of writing was more common in the market, a lot of games displays amazing character design, but has non-existent work put on the story.
And for the few adult games with an actual good level of writing, of course it's in full Japanese, with 90% of the text lost in translation for me :(

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You could post around and ask if there's any Artists who want to work on the game with you.

just make sure that they can get sorta-close to the art-style that you're already using.

either that or have one artist do all of X character's events so the character is consistant with themself, even if not with other characters.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Oh wow. I played the very first public version of this game, under different name, and that was not so long ago. Finding out so much new content is a very pleasant surprise. Development speed AND quality of your work is astounding. CG or no CG, this game is already much more interesting that 99% of commercial products on RPG Maker. Hell, I got more fun reading that first version than most VN last year, and it was pretty much a prologue. Writing is good, characters are refreshing and deep(-ish, but something tells me even Cumdump tier ones will get backstory in the future), story takes awesome angle on classic fantasy cliché, and finally we get MC who feels like a real person.

Thank you! I've managed to get a decently-sized update out every month and I hope to keep up the pace.

OK!
Are you coding everything by yourself?
The dev team is just me! Though I get wonderful bugtesting and advice from fans, and there's a very, very helpful guy over at Hongfire who helps me out with custom sprites.

BTW did you plan to have sex (and abstinence) affecting some stats? That would fit the description of the shard effect pretty well.
This will probably happen in the long run. It's sort of penciled into my design plans, but I want to make sure I don't screw up balance.

The only thing that lacked in your avatars is maybe using a more varied emotion palette (blushing, overjoyed, pissed off, etc), especially for the main MC. It's ok and fitting to be calm and composed, but -like is maybe too much: a little bit more expressions, even subtle, would be awesome, and that would help to make his poker face moments more appealing. Otherwise they really are good and help the immersion tremendously!
Yeah, he is a bit more of a poker face than I intended. I'd like to get some edits on his expressions one day, but finding someone who can perfectly mimic the style is hard.