What's new

Agth Keeps Crashing / ITH not hooking properly...

Phildalt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey. Basically, my hdd died and I lost all my shit on it. Now, when I try to start a game using agth, this error pops up:

As for my ITH (folder looks like this: ), and after I attach the game with ITH, it only says "Inject process XXXX. Module base XXXXXXXX". It doesn't say the usual stuff afterwards. Here is a screenshot of the situation:

I tried with many different games with no success. I tried running everything in admin mode and in compatibility without success.

If anyone could help, it'd be great.

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I tried running the game shortcut with agth with the "/L /R" "commands" and two errors popped up: and one after the other. Afterwards, the game actually launched without crashing but the agth window stays blank. I can select any hook or anything. It's like if it's not detecting the game.

OP
P

Phildalt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Agth Keeps Crashing / ITH not hooking properly...

Bump

kaine3d

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

also bumping this is just after that new win 10 update

Umero

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Please bump and sticky this something very serious has happened. The new update is to blame. It's like they knew about everything we're doing and decided to target us at the source.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Is this a Win10-specific issue? I mean that ITH folder looks insanely convoluted to my noob eyes (Win7 here).
Might be because I've been using ITHVNR for quite a while now, though. (5 files all in all)

Maybe trying that out can temporarily help. Just a thought.

Umero

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is this a Win10-specific issue? I mean that ITH folder looks insanely convoluted to my noob eyes (Win7 here).
Might be because I've been using ITHVNR for quite a while now, though. (5 files all in all)

Maybe trying that out can temporarily help. Just a thought.
After the recent windows 10 update, agth crashes. What this means is agth itself can no longer connect to rpgmaker games without crashing. So if any translator (ITH, Chiitrans etc) uses agth (Anime Games Text Hooker) to grab text from the game and copy it to your clipboard where it is sent to to the translator and translated, the game will crash. This does not apply to visual novels or action games or even wolf games. Only rpg maker. Idk why this thread is so quiet since this may very well be the death of rpg maker games for the non Japanese speakers. If you guys have figured out some work around or know something we don't know then please tell us.

stashar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

After the recent windows 10 update, agth crashes. What this means is agth itself can no longer connect to rpgmaker games without crashing. So if any translator (ITH, Chiitrans etc) uses agth (Anime Games Text Hooker) to grab text from the game and copy it to your clipboard where it is sent to to the translator and translated, the game will crash. This does not apply to visual novels or action games or even wolf games. Only rpg maker. Idk why this thread is so quiet since this may very well be the death of rpg maker games for the non Japanese speakers. If you guys have figured out some work around or know something we don't know then please tell us.
I can confirm this is an issue as well... ever since the new update. Does anyone have a non-hentai RPGMaker game that we can submit as a report to Microsoft?

Please bump and sticky this something very serious has happened. The new update is to blame. It's like they knew about everything we're doing and decided to target us at the source.
Don't be paranoid. AGTH is a hooking program, a part of the Win32 API that is obscure. It is far more likely that Microsoft doesn't know about this issue. In fact, .

-----------

I'm considering . A lot of people are having issues. It takes a lot of work to keep backwards compatibility up, and its a shame that Microsoft dropped the ball on this one.

----------

EDIT: I've rolled back. I can confirm that AGTH works after the rollback. It only took 5 minutes.

Last edited:

kaine3d

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

welp the new patch fer the win 10 update fixed my issue compy just patch and agth is hooking rpgmaker without crashing again.

dumai12

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Has anyone found a fix for this besides an update/rollback? My system is fully updated and still crashes when text hooking using AGTH. I'd rather not rollback to a month ago. It's getting quite frustrating :/.

Edit: Cough, uh is this working for everyone on windows 10 now? Just want to make sure I'm not alone in the dark here. I actually can't find people talking about this issue anywhere else, so would really like to know if this is unique to my system atm.

Last edited:

stashar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Has anyone found a fix for this besides an update/rollback? My system is fully updated and still crashes when text hooking using AGTH. I'd rather not rollback to a month ago. It's getting quite frustrating :/.
I don't think that's how the rollback works. It seemed like it just rolls back the Windows update, and not your programs or documents.

Edit: Cough, uh is this working for everyone on windows 10 now? Just want to make sure I'm not alone in the dark here. I actually can't find people talking about this issue anywhere else, so would really like to know if this is unique to my system atm.
Well, I am still on pre-Anniversary update. I don't feel like going forward until I hear that its safe.

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

welp the new patch fer the win 10 update fixed my issue compy just patch and agth is hooking rpgmaker without crashing again.
what patch would that be then? latest build (14393.351) still hasnt fixed this
for now just do what stashar said (rep for you):
Settings - Update & security - Recovery - Go back to an earlier build

Slayersz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Has a solution been found with this issue?

fengmaster

Reputation score

yea I had the problem too and ITH always crashes whenever i hook onto a game, i started using visual novel reader but its so slow compared to agth. Then i found ITHVNR which somehow doesnt crash like ITH for me. Might wanna try that if u have problems.

Awkweird_Dude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I found a hotfix someone posted for ITH last year on hongfire that seemed to work. I haven't run into any problems with it so far. Also I can't remember which thread I found it in.