What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

Sadly, Vinceras is right. it was a sadly neglected project.
Yea...the graphics aren't nearly as polished as the newer games but it had a lot of potential and the character was a really cute little thing. Really wish I knew how to make games...I'd take this one and continue it.

holololo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a request for all those who got Win8 and cannot play the game. As it seems it will never get compatible now, could someone rip the H animations and post it somewhere?

I don't know if it's possible but we could at least see what the game was about. I've looked on eg hentai and nothing there.
You could open them using gamemaker. Just search around the game folders for gmspr files, drag them into gamemaker, and select Preview.

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

well, we may also have to wonder if he actually makes the content himself, a lot of the models from Nanocrisis were on a pay to download and use model site... i come to wonder if anything is his... maybe he got a legal notice or threats of lawsuit?
His models come from Daz Studio. I actually had to read on that some time back for an ongoing project of my own, and in short, as long as you purchased the models and that you don't redistribute the models themselves, you can use them any way you like legally, including in commercial games. His game doesn't use the actual 3D models and animations, frame images and those dialog renders can all be used legally in his game IF he purchased them. Offhand, I'd estimate he has for about 200$ to 300$ worth of assets used in total.

So my suggestions to him would be:
A) Purchase all the assets he used (if he hasn't yet).
B) Plan on selling the game on DL site. The game's quality is high enough that he could sell the game in two parts: The first part would be the current game with a bit more added in, and the other part eventually with the rest of the story.

I don't doubt he'd easily get over 2000 sales with a high-quality game like that, even in it's current state. If we assume he gets 8$ per sale, we're talking 16000$ for part 1 at least. It's not millions of course, but it sure beats out the 0$ he's currently getting and the money invested in part A is absolutely negligeable comparatively.

What kills the interest for most developers is the "grunt work", the repetitive mindless stuff that needs to be done in order to have a polished, actual high-quality game. A decent payday can certainly be a good motivation in pushing through the boring parts of game making and help continuing a game past the fun initial phase.

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What kills the interest for most developers is the "grunt work", the repetitive mindless stuff that needs to be done in order to have a polished, actual high-quality game.
As a developer myself, I find that to be especially the case when it comes to making a game such as this. Posing the model and snapping each frame for the animation sequences is a painful process. It's sort of no wonder why this sort of thing falls off the fun wagon quickly. That and the fact that if you have/looking for a job in the real world, you probably wouldn't want to put H-Games on your resume. Unless of course your applying at a studio that makes them regularly.

Deathwing9000

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

well, may as well also ask then, anyone have the up to date save files for the games then? may as well see how far he has gotten with them all (haven't really looked into his progress since last time he dropped his other games)

jur07dbe

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

there's not much to bother having a save file for. Yuo could just set the game to the easiest mode and they barely scratch you.

corsair2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

well, may as well also ask then, anyone have the up to date save files for the games then? may as well see how far he has gotten with them all (haven't really looked into his progress since last time he dropped his other games)
There's no real gallery function so it wouldn't be of any real use to have a save file.

If you want to cycle through scenes, CheatEngine does work to modify your health and climax values up and down for give up scenes.

ijama

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There's no real gallery function so it wouldn't be of any real use to have a save file.

If you want to cycle through scenes, CheatEngine does work to modify your health and climax values up and down for give up scenes.
I disagree quite frankly, if you have a save file per each level you can just load it and jump to the level instead of starting a new one each time. Haven't tried cheatengine yet though.

Oh and sorry about not having a lot of posts, im typically on ryonani lol

Player 1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just got into this game, and I have a few questions. I'm sure they've all been answered before, but I have no clue how to decipher a 30 page thread...

I've figured out how to upgrade my equipment, wear accessories, buy new sword skills, etc, so I'm good there. I also think I've figured how to get to stages from the airplane.

What's the deal with the demon lady? I think I've pieced together who most NPCs are, but I can't guess her function.
Can you replay the tutorial stage somehow?
How do you beat the stage with the flies? Is that the end of the game?
The duck man thing is ridiculous and cool.

The last one wasn't a question.

Thanks!

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

What's the deal with the demon lady? I think I've pieced together who most NPCs are, but I can't guess her function.She's the leader of the hunter's association or something like that. She's the one that makes it so you can hunt and the second stage is her test to see if you are worthy of being able to hunt.

Can you replay the tutorial stage somehow?There is a tutorial stage?

How do you beat the stage with the flies? Is that the end of the game?You can't...it just goes on and on until you get bored of it. That is the end for now.
Answers in Red.

jur07dbe

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Answers in Red.
I believe the "Test stage" is the tutorial stage. And no, it cannot be replayed, so just like the first stage, you need to have a save for both places (all other stages can be replayed when the game is "completed").

blood mane

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

anyone still got a dl link almost all the dl link that i found is not working but there 's a link that works but for windows 8 only :( (im not on windows 8)

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

why cant i see the cursor if start the game?
because u dont use ur cursor
just use the arrow keys and other keys...i dont know wich one cuz i change my keys^^

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Is it me, or have the questions we've been asked in this thread gotten more and more... asinine?

blood mane

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

because u dont use ur cursor
just use the arrow keys and other keys...i dont know wich one cuz i change my keys^^
no the cursor that you move by your arrow keys i mean

Status
Not open for further replies.