What's new

ACT [Marionette-h-gameworks] Dark Parasite

Status
Not open for further replies.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
So I just stumbled across this:

Says he just released a demo today. I'm downloading it now, I will report back with results. Art looks pretty good so far!

Here's the blog:

EDIT: So the game has clothing destruction and solid animations! No game over CGs though.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dark Parasite

Because of Parasite in City every game with "Parasite" in title will grab my eye.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Played the demo for about 2 minutes. 1:30 was waiting through the long ass intro. The next 30 seconds was me trying to fit through the life support machines and then suddenly teleporting outside the map where I swiftly shut the game off and deleted it.

Edit: Redownloaded the demo with a boner. Got past the life support machines. Found enemies. After switching weapons a few times controls locked up. Couldn't attack any longer. Boner quickly died. Swiftly deleted game a second time. Do game developers test their shit at all? These aren't even glitches. It's just terrible programming.

Last edited:

ogre772

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

One thing I can say, is that the whole rotating of the character is off. She needs to rotate while standing still, and not swing around in a circle when you move the mouse around, cause it's definitely causing bugs. Otherwise even with the lack of content, I think it's got potential.

OP
thswherizat

thswherizat

Reputation score

Played the demo for about 2 minutes. 1:30 was waiting through the long ass intro. The next 30 seconds was me trying to fit through the life support machines and then suddenly teleporting outside the map where I swiftly shut the game off and deleted it.

Edit: Redownloaded the demo with a boner. Got past the life support machines. Found enemies. After switching weapons a few times controls locked up. Couldn't attack any longer. Boner quickly died. Swiftly deleted game a second time. Do game developers test their shit at all? These aren't even glitches. It's just terrible programming.
I see what you're saying, and I found myself outside of the wall a few times when I was trying to pivot on the spot. However, I feel like the basics are set up, but he needs to tweak the player pivoting, and add a bit more challenge in the actual enemies.

Lozagal

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You should tell him so he gets a chance to fix it in any case.

A Marionette

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for trying out the demo guys:), i`m currently fixing the major problem which you guys mention above (fixing the ammo problem now).

Hope i can make it more stable on the next update build;)

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks for trying out the demo guys:), i`m currently fixing the major problem which you guys mention above (fixing the ammo problem now).

Hope i can make it more stable on the next update build;)
By next update you mean like a quick fix to problems like what Dungeon and Prisoner is going through, or new demo with possibly more stuffs done + fixes applied sort?

A Marionette

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Possibly between that, depending how fast i can fix the problem:p

chromo1418

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Will be there a way to heal up, because currently it seems, you can get your infection counter max arround 5%. It would be nice to see some good changes to your character at higher levels of infection.

A Marionette

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well you can heal your HP, but the infection is permanent along the game and it will effect the ending you will get, sadly no changes to your character sprite.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, here's my comments after 'clearing' the demo:

1. Change the movement from moving the flashlight to moving the girl, and position the light around her instead .- . this should prevent the random teleport outside the map issue.

2. I saw a suggestion to add tank style control (W to 'forward' and AD to turns). If you do add it, give the option to use WASD or tank control (I prefers the WASD)

3. Give some invincibility frame upon recovering from a grab, it's a pain to get perma grab by ONE GUY because right after you recover he can just grab you again.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, here's my comments after 'clearing' the demo:

1. Change the movement from moving the flashlight to moving the girl, and position the light around her instead .- . this should prevent the random teleport outside the map issue.

2. I saw a suggestion to add tank style control (W to 'forward' and AD to turns). If you do add it, give the option to use WASD or tank control (I prefers the WASD)

3. Give some invincibility frame upon recovering from a grab, it's a pain to get perma grab by ONE GUY because right after you recover he can just grab you again.
it would work better to stun the enemy, so the survival horror aspect of getting mobbed would be in full effect

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Dawww, saw this on one of my rare trips to hongfire last night and was going to post it.
Beaten by a need to sleep :(

redx

Reputation score

is the mini-map always going to be visible? or is it going to have a fog of war kind of effect later?

Status
Not open for further replies.