What's new

Dark Secrets (ranger) GMed by Ubberific

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dark Secrets (ranger) GMed by Ubberific

Grace looked to Jenny, before straightening out lightly "No. I'm going too!" she'd nod firmly with clear determination "If you get hurt who'll patch you up? I'm the only one that knows healing magic." she'd argue her side.

"Well... with your wings, if you were part of the evacuating troop, we'd be able to reach them far quicker. Your healing magic could be used with the extraction group as well." Melyssa overheard the argument and chipped in, though ultimately how'd she assign the party was up to Jenny. Riley would remain silent on the matter this time.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"You know whats down their Grace. Are you ready to face one of your own kind that has fallen?" Jenny would look at Grace before softing her features. "Im just worried about you Grace. I will take strength from your bravery." Jenny would give the angel a hug before turning back to the ranger captain to discuss they layout of the town while Riley and Grace equipped themselves as they saw fit.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"I am if need be." Grace nodded firmly, Jenny would still have make it far clearer who'd be in the rescue force and who'd go into the expedition. Still when asked for the map, Melyssa would nod to her and unroll a nearby parchment that appeared quite dated "This is.... was the towns basic layout."

She'd brush her finger along a path best recommended for the girl "We've no scouts deeper inside the city, but if there's anything sentient, they'd likely be in the Groove of Ancients." Melyssa pointed out an area deeper inside.

Seemed the trip onwards had a few altering routes, though basically Jenny would enter through the main gate, which would lead her to the residential district. Beyond that the girl would have a branching choice of where to cross.

Branching map:

Entrance - Residential area - Craftsmen quarters or The Old Training grounds.

Craftsment quarters- The Watchers headquarters or The Gardens - The Groove of Ancients.

The Old training grounds - The Beastiary or The Gardens - The Groove of Ancients.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny chewed her lip looking at the possible routes. "The party going in will be Grace, Riley, and myself. Rescue party will be Sir and some of your people if thats alright. My little buddy is a talented healer and has an uncanny nak for finding me." Jenny looked at the map again. "I think we should follow this route to the best of our ablity." Jenny would trace her finger along the Craftsment quarters- The Watchers headquarters or The Gardens - The Groove of Ancients path. "It seems the safest of the more direct route. One of our enemies is time if we are spotted they will come for us. So the faster we get their the better. Any objections... or suggestions.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Just one thing... what do you plan to do in there?" Melyssa looked to Jenny, not quite letting her go quite yet "If you do find the source, whats your plan from there?" she'd sharpen her gaze subtly hearing what Jenny had in mind. Indeed the trio would head to the very maw of evil, armed with just a few spells and a some magic bullets...

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny eyed the map awhile. "I no longer posses the gift of Naya so purifying it with magic will likely not work." Jenny would sigh and look up at them. "If I'm being honest with myself and the others. I have no plan other than try to end the creature responsible. Conserve our strength and strike hard and fast. Its a shame I have no sealing magic and I fear that once this starts the minions of Nyx will attack your city." Jenny looked at the map. It was a terrible plan and put all their lives in danger. No doubt Riley would squash it immediately. "I'm not a tactical genius after all and some suggestions would help." Jenny would keep looking at the map and wonder at the strangeness of the whole thing. How many times did this situation come up. Noting about Jenny said leader or commander. She just did what she thought was right. Just because people follow dose not mean you are a leader.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The group looked to Jenny briefly, before Riley placed a hand on her shoulder "Jen?" seemed Melyssa may have brushed a slightly sensitive matter, though the kind smiles from her company calmed the heroine down quite quickly.

"You've limited enchanted bullets, they can fight off some of this corruption, but if it infected the city this widely... the source will require something far stronger." Melyssa spoke up looking aside, some thought crossing her mind as she'd squeeze her fist subtly... before seemingly returning to the present "You've met Samara, correct? The Dreamers can cure this corruption, I've little doubt she may offer you a means to end it."

Indeed looking to the enchanted bullets, they did have the distinct gleam of the Dreamers magic. Not to mention Jennys saw the healers from the clan heal one of the affected "You're not to leave the city without speaking with her." Melyssa added firmly "You can take the gear with you." she'd look to the signal flare and enchanted bullets.

"I'll await news." the female turned around and began to walk away, before pausing and not even having faced Jenny would add "And thank you." with those final words, she'd take her leave.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny had thought that might be the advice offered. Samara..... a strange woman but she would not risk the lives of her friend needlessly. Looking at the paused ranger commander Jenny spoke. "Don't thank me yet. Wait till I return for that." With that Jenny would let the ranger woman go before turning to her friends. "Her advice is sound. I will go see Samara and... one other person before we go. The White lady may have some insight as well if she is able to see me."

With that decision in place Jenny would head to see Samara before heading to speak to the white lady. If the other wanted too they could go with her to visit the dreamer but the white Lady Jenny would meet alone.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

With that the group were free to move on "You know.. you don't always have to the answers." Riley smile to Jenny as they walked "It's why you have us." she'd add leaning forward lightly with a grin, Grace giving a nod and smile, while Sir waved to her on the other side.

Hopefully her heart slightly lifted by her friends encouragement, as soon enough they'd once again arrive to the dreamscape of the Dreamers district. Unlike the rangers where everyone seemed to either be training or rushing somewhere else, this place seemed to remain equally as peaceful as ever...

Soon enough though they'd reach the grand tree, inside they'd find Samara "Only one person can enter at a time." Grace smiled as she'd explain, the girl had been here the longest afterall, though Riley seemed to have entered the place for the first time. Her eyes and smile absolutely wide as she looked on in wonder! "Y-yeah... we'll be right outside here, 'kay?" the trickster shook her wonder off and gave Jenny a firm nod, allowing the girl to enter through... and step back inside Samaras chamber.

"Jenny." the familair voice rang out as Samara seemed to be near a small basin of water, pouring some golden liquid inside from a pitcher, before turning to the girl. The Dreamer leader was easily as stunning as ever, but more so Jenny once again felt the light air-headedness once inside the chamber "You wished to speak with me?"

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I do.. you know where I'm going yes?" No doubt the woman knew after it was her kinsmen tending to the wounded already. "I've come to ask if you have something that can help us in that fight. Sealing magic or purifying magic, heck if it is what I think it is, I'm not sure even the gift of Naya would have been enough." Jenny would smile weakly her mind drifting to that dark moment when she was at the fallen one's mercy. It had told her then if they crossed paths again it would be her end. "Or anything to help save them should things go wrong."

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Samara smiled and mutely motioned Jenny closer to the basin. Though as the girl approached she'd notice that at the bottom of the small pool was a wretching black mass "Ancient dark arts mixed with fallen blood, I've no notion how such evil creeped into our lands." she'd look to Jenny "This corruption can make a host out of the living, the dead or any other object it comes into contact. Killing it's host seems to only temporaly remove it's mechanical movement... the corruption itself however is free to slither and move on to the next target."

"Yes, I've heard you're going into that Darkness. Could you tell me why?" Samara smiled to her kindly and looked to Jenny for an answer.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny looked at the basin. "Because I might be at fault for it. At least for the fallen part of the mess. I did something I'm not proud of. In my efforts to defeat a demon invasion I unleashed a fallen angel. Maybe it was my own corrupt blood at the time that lead me to the course or perhaps I was just naive. In the end I managed to purge the evil from the land and myself but he got away and no doubt he was drawn here to the lingering darkness." Jenny would look away from the pool and at Samara the woman no doubt already knowing what Jenny was about to say. " I do not expect to return the same as I was if I return at all, but my companions must make it back safe and sound."

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Samara kept a smile as she listened, her eyes seemingly carefully observing Jenny "Well... Let's make sure that does not happen." she'd step coser to the middle of the room with a confident stride "I do so dislike crisis like these..." Samara stretched lazily as she walked, though Jenny felt the room itself almost shift as she'd not gain distance away from the woman at all?

"This darkness, there is a way to abolish it. Your angel friend, Grace, what do you know of her?" Samara once again grew a small flower that bursted into a bloom, forming a chair of sorts for her to sit "Though she does not remember it, few can truly completely forget their past. Her captors went to extreme lengths to both make her forget and keep her pure."

The female smiled as she'd share further "Grace has the ability to absorb corruption, without being affected by it. An ability very few are... graced with." Samara snickered to herself "Apologies."

"I'm sure you've heard of atleast someone else who had a similar gift. Though make no mistake, Grace and her abilities may share similarity in effect, but not the means." Samara would continue "If you get infected, she should be able to remove the corruption."

"As for the corruption source destruction. At the very peak of the dawn, we can perform purification ritual. It will cost us greatly and you will only have one chance to make use of it, but we can direct its energies from here to this symbol."

Now in the middle of the chamber, Jenny saw something that was certainly not there before. A symbol of a dragon, a sparrow and sun painted on the wooden floor "Draw this in the Groove of the Ancients and with their help, my clan can eliminate this corruption in one massive burst."

Seemed Samara had given a substantial amount of thought to such aid, even before Jenny arrived.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny would look at the symbol etching in her mind. It would have to be perfect down to every detail. "Im not sure Grace knows she can do that, but I have to trust she can handle it." Jenny would stand and look at Samara. "I guess I will owe you one after we defeat this evil after all it is my fault. I do hate having other clean up my mistakes." Jenny would look down before bowing and taking her leave.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Samara smiled to her "No, you will not need to owe me. Since I've a request in turn." she'd announce the sudden price for the aid? The Dreamer kept a kind smile as she continued "Do you remember the stones you've dreamt of the first time we've met?" indeed Jenny did recall such an event, even if the greater details escaped her.

"These stones can be found in the Grove of Ancients, I wish you to bring them back." the elf explained "Unless its far too dangerous, attempt to this before you begin the Ritual of Cleansing. The corruption may have seeped into the very foundation of the buildings, which could mean the Vestus stone would be burried beneath."

The Vestus stones... the stones Jenny saw during her first visit to Samara as a vision, if she recalled correctly the stones were used to transfer one spirit from one body to another.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny wasn't sure why Samara wanted her to wait before the cleansing ritual but she figured the elf had her reasons. "And what if the stones are tainted...." Jenny had to ask as such details always bite her in the butt later. Hearing Samara out Jenny nodded and thanked the dreamer before waking.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"They are not." Samara seemed to state assuredly, though noting Jennys uneasy would casually add "Even if they are, give them to Grace or use a single bullet. They are not brittle, you will not break them easily. Besides the corruption cannot seep into such artifacts, it is no mere stone. Especially not in such a short amount of time." the dreamer sat down and smiled as Jenny nodded.

"They're for the White Lady." almost reading a subconscious question in Jennys mind, Samara answered pre-emptively "I wish to move her from her old body to a new body. One that's been causing us significant trouble." though the female didn't say it, Jenny knew exactly who or what she meant... the Spider Queen!

Last edited:

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny would frown
"Her condition is that desperate then." Jenny didn't need an answer she had seen it for herself. Nor did she know what games Samara was playing. It could be as simple as two birds one stone. Solve the Nyx issue and heal the white lady. "Just so you know their are other spider factions in the woods that are aiming to deal with the nyx as well." No doubt Samara knew after all her mystical abilities probably made her privy to many things. Still things seemed done and Samara had no further news for Jenny she would depart but not before indulging in a kiss. It would be gentle and sweet and all to short, after all Jenny didn't need to get riled up. She still was a succubus and needed to keep her head on the mission.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"It is less to do with her condition and more with the chance we have. To resolve two crisis with one stone, afterall it is part of the reason the Queen is still alive." Samara shared, proving Jennys suspicions, but adding further to what the girl couldn't have known "The stones cannot be used on just about any being, most of the druids and mages that used it aimed to mold with ancient treants or other natural elders, with their allowance."

"The shift heavily changes the body as the new soul takes over. Sometimes it rejuvenates it, other times completely reshapes it. To survive this and adapt to the new soul, the target must be supremely potent on it's own." Samara smiled casually as she remained seated "I would not risk the ritual or the White Lady, if I did not believe this was a chance none of us can miss."

The plan and reasoning seemed to be share, even if Jenny hardly asked for the details... though in part, the girl certainly felt that atleast a subsconscious part of her found piece with the new information "So your objectives in the ruins will be simple, retrieve the stones and leave the mark near the source. Beyond this, survive and be greeted a hero." Samara would smile to her and nod.

If there were no further inquiries from Jenny, she'd be free to continue onwards towards the Seekers district. If so she wished.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Still it seemed Lady Samara was yet to finish speaking. Smiling ever so slightly Jenny used the dreamers magic in her own way to move without moving. This was a dream after all and if she was dreaming it she had some control. Maybe it surprised the ever beautiful Samara or not but Jenny quickly leaned in and kissed the attractive elf, using all her learned skills from her time with her sisters, to make it ever so tempting, as kiss remembered not so much for its passion but the sweet promises it teased at. A sort kiss that would be remembered by even the longest lived elf. Smiling still Jenny would wake and prepare to depart.