Reputation score
Re: Roundscape: Adorevia

Let's see (using the Patchnotes on their site):
- version 0.4.x - end of December 2013
- version 0.5.x - early February 2014
- version 0.6.0 and 0.6.0a - around the middle of April 2014
- version 0.6.1 - early May 2014
- version 0.6.2 - second week of May 2014

If they keep releasing a new version each month (plus any bugfixes) it'll take at least 4 months to reach version 1.0. 6 to 12 months seems a lot more realistic. Hopefully they won't really wait for version 1.0...

P.S.: For those who have not seen it here's a link for a preview page: www(dot)roundscape-adorevia(dot)com/preview/ (link found on Patreon).

Starbound

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Wooo pirating. Assuming this ever gets out.

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wait, they got 40k+ dollars and they're still gonna charge for the game? :rolleyes:

Is there even a demo?

Wattis

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There's was demo but it was incredibly broken. With amazing bugs like being unable to exit dialogues. The game looks good and everything but their coding appears to be awful

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, and amazing art manga won't do you any good if you can't flip pages.

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

How many writers do they have working on this game? I recently found a copy of the most current version of the game elsewhere and played through it. The first thing I noticed was how schizoid the scenes felt -- some were lengthy and verbose, while others were quite short and to the point. A lot of the writing overall just feels inconsistent; you have to adventure with the red headed mage for a while before you get a sex scene with her but complete a three minute quest with your mother and she's then your sex slave.

Beyond that, the game has a lot of good ideas (in particular the ability to choose your gender) but very few of them feel well fleshed out at all. Dialogue choices, for example, often don't have their own unique response but instead lead to the same exact dialogue. Then there's the actual game play mechanics, of which the only one I found interesting was the quest system, outside of that everything else felt fairly generic and hollow, especially battles. And speaking of mechanics, who thought the mouse pointer system was a good idea?

I know it's not completed yet but (depending on what version numbering system they use) 0.6 means they're more than halfway done with it and if this first half is at all indicative of the rest of the game, then I don't have any hope of it turning out particularly well. If the game were free or even if they only planned on asking for a few dollars for it after it was completed then its current state wouldn't be all that alarming but they raised nearly 50,000 dollars for it (and want a total of 75,000). As such, the question that kept coming to mind as I played it was: where'd all that money go?

triton631

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also found copy on other site, svs one? Dunno if that is full, tho think it is. Is there lot of difference playing male or female, if u can describe abit please:p
And is it worht playing, seems lot of big bugs?

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

They have at least two writers. I suspect the more lengthy scenes are the work of their second writer Harmonize who joined in February. There's a news post on their site titled "Q&A: Harmonize – A fresh hand." with more details.

According to another (currently the latest) news post on their site the current headwriter is Red Dakkar, who I guess is responsible for most of the text in the game. No idea if Kaliyo does any of the writing, or just the coding.

And supposedly most of the money go to the artists to make art for the game.

petergriff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whatever the artists are getting, they're being overpaid.

Playing through buggy disjointed quests for one or two pictures and mountains of useless descriptive text. There's like, what, maybe a dozen scenes in the whole game?

Ass Effect had better scenes, pacing, writing and was free. Wish the money and time went towards more of that.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The worst thing is they're asking for even more money so they can "continue" developing the game.

Actic

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Err i have finished both islands but i can't seem to progress the story after the dwarf city, help please?

The game (0.6 i think) can be found on hentaibedta

pengy99

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

There is a torrent for 0.62 floating around. I played it for 5 minutes before getting an error and it crashing. Ended up decrypting it to look at the CGs. Gotta say the different art styles from CG to CG is really odd. I wouldn't buy this game for $15 on DLsite much less pay them monthly for it.

deleteddd

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Could someone post the pictures here please?

sirurza

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I donate to this project, and they did not send anything to play the beta.
They took a lot of money.
I have lost faith in this type of project, I prefer give it to the Japanese programmers(DLsite) or Combin Ation

Rebis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The styles of CGs seem too different.
I think that the CGs have been taken on some websites.
It's one style one event.

moonblack

Reputation score

@sirurza:
I've read some comments about such issues. In most cases the reason was because the message they sent was considered spam and put in the spam folder, or even refused and returned to them.

Register on their site and send a PM to Kaliyo, and you MIGHT get access to the beta (if they can confirm that you donated).

Alpha

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wait, they got 40k+ dollars and they're still gonna charge for the game? :rolleyes:

Is there even a demo?
Do you have a link to the game in your sig? Rather not register on a site just for one game.

Wylx

Reputation score

Played the beta and damn this game is still bugged as fuck. For example I finished a quest and when I exited the house it spawned me in some random spot and I was unable to move or do anything. And that happened on several occasions.

moonblack

Reputation score

I found a DDL link for 0.6.2 and gave the game a try – first with a male character and then with a female one. There are quite a few bugs. One thing that is not a bug is the encounter with the tentacle monster in the tomb if you’re playing as a male. It’s a placeholder encounter that uses some texts from the female version of the event, so ignore the fact that the text does not make much sense.

List of bugs I found (most are just annoying, but several are game breakers):
1) Farm Origin: The 5 gold in the pot cannot be taken because the event has the wrong priority
2) Cassandra is missing her face file, so if try to talk to her the game crashes
3) Leaving the Magic Fabric brings you too far to the south instead of right in front of the shop
4) You can complete opbjectives before you even receive them. For example, to get dwarven ale you need to visit the pub, then go to the abandoned house on the beach. I went directly to the beach and got the ale, thus completing an objective I had not even received. It's not a bad thing, but it's a bit weird.
5) After some enemies die you can see a shadow that remains and continues to follow you
6) Cassandra says she'll give you a discount if you help her, but even after you finish her quest the prices do not change. And after the quest Meredith calls you "Player" instead of using your name
7) Sequence breaking if you're male: Go to the warlock after you have enough spider legs and get the quest to collect some spider legs. Leave the tower and then immediatelly go back in. Give him the spider legs and then kill him. When you leave the tower and try to walk away Meredith says her line about how you can't seriously be thinking about helping him and you have the choice to suggest killing the warlock - even though he is already dead
8) In the Camp's cave when talking to the Succubus, she keeps saying it's just me and her when asked if she would take the soul of one of my companions even though I have a party of 4 (both Meredith and the Tentacle creature are there too)
9) Leaving Elizabeth's house after having sex with her puts you in the middle of a building, so you end up stuck
10) In Slinsk Graveyard, if you make the related choice, you can find 250 gold in a chest, but the text says you find 550 gold
11) After watching the scene between the Succubus and the tentacle beast you are brought to the wrong spot on the map, leaving you stuck, as you can't leave the area where you are. The same when you ask the Succubus about the Tentacle beast's origin
12) If you're male and buy some Lube Anariel will have sex with you after you finish her quest even if you did not ask for it. And if you're female and have some Lube she still has sex with you (using the pictures for the male) even though as a female you can't even ask her for sex
13) In the Ruins of Ni'lvya after you defeat the medusa you can't leave due to an error in the transfer events, so you end up stuck
14) After freeing Rosie form the curse, if you agree to sleep with her you can repeat the scene and have sex with her as many times as you want (she always acts as if you haven't done it yet).
15) When talking to that staff if I accept the quest the one added to the Journal is quest #13 instead of the corect quest (#14)
16) If you persuade Ironheart to go back when you receive your 300 gold the message is displayed twice (but still get the money only once)
17) Some quests remain incomplete:
* Betrayal remains incomplete after I killed the warlock
* Why am i even doing this? (yes, spelled with a lower case "i") remains incomplete even after I brought the ring to the staff and he joined my party
18) At the end of the Thief origin there's something very wrong with the map when you leave the Healer's shop - you don't see the map, just the red spots used to mark impassable locations (said spots should be visible only in the editor)
19) Paladin class:
* If you are Male Switch 38 is turned "on" only if you have the tentacle monster in the party at the time when your class is changed to Paladin
* If you are Female Switch 38 is NOT turned "on" at all, so if you change your class from Paladin to something else you can't go back to being a Paladin
20) Major issue with Clawyn (I'm not sure if it's intentional or a bug): She is not officially recruited until after you have taken over the fortress, but she joins your party after you talk to the Elder. So if you go to the Camp and ask her to stay there she disappears and there's no way to get her in the party until you deal with the fortress
21) Bug with the Clawyn scene in the camp: If you increase Clawyn's affection by talking to her in her tent the scene starts as soon as you leave the tent and it seems like you're talking to thin air, as Clawyn's sprite is outside the visible area (apparently the scene is supposed to start when you enter the camp coming from the town)
22) In the Orc Cave, if you become Wrath, you can't enter the room you receive because the event that lets you enter has the wrong Priority
23) The event with the female soldier is currently inaccessible due to the changed maps (just sayin', in case anyone has read the patch notes on their site and was wondering). The event with the three orcs in a tent is also not available in this version

My favorite bug is the one that lets a female player have sex with Anariel. :)

Apart from the above bugs it seems like a promising game, although the main story is rather unimpressive so far. Hopefully the full story will be better. I’m curious to see what the finished game will be like, especially if they manage to reach the 75K stretch goal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.