What's new

Masamusume Demon Moon and Ushiero Bunny-Knight (not a progress update)

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] Masamusume Demon Moon and Ushiero Bunny-Knight

Hei yuu! (the puns)

I think your projects might spark a lot more interest on other community platforms. Even though development progress might be a bit slow, it probably is a good idea to set up a website/blog of your own where you can post any updates and information on progress with any of your projects!
The advantage would be that you could focus on game development, while updating that website with any news or progress. On forums like ULMF and else, you could make an introduction thread with a bit of info and content (like you did here), and then link to your website, so people who are interested can easily navigate there like once a day, to see what's happening.

Setting up a website/blog like that might need some work (to be honest, I have no idea what it takes these days, plus it depends on what you want to have), but having like a central hub for all updates will give you ease of mind in the long-term. Because instead of posting an update on every forum you presented your projects, you just post stuff on your website.

I felt like suggesting this to you, because I just want to try and help you, you know. ^^ Your style seems to appeal to a lot of people (this thread alone shows :D), so your games might get bigger popularity than you'd expect. But whatever you do, is up to you, after all. I'm not a game dev, so I can't really tell how things are going for a developer.
Either way, I really look forward to more updates on your work - whenever they might happen. :) All the best to you!

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'd take a kyrieu clone (not that you're an exact clone, but still...) over 100 RPGMAKER filth any day.

Rawrtasticallytastic

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Echo above statements about quality and concept...

So, playable demo and website with previews/updates, when? :D

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Echo above statements about quality and concept...

So, playable demo and website with previews/updates, when? :D
it really depends, i work in short bursts, basically masamune's tiles, enemies and main character were designed and sprited in a week, of course with little fixes here and there after that initial week, but after something like that i burn out for a bit and work on my other stuff, aka normal sketch stuff, before i go back and do another short burst, which this time would focus on animation

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hei yuu! (the puns)

I think your projects might spark a lot more interest on other community platforms. Even though development progress might be a bit slow, it probably is a good idea to set up a website/blog of your own where you can post any updates and information on progress with any of your projects!
The advantage would be that you could focus on game development, while updating that website with any news or progress. On forums like ULMF and else, you could make an introduction thread with a bit of info and content (like you did here), and then link to your website, so people who are interested can easily navigate there like once a day, to see what's happening.

Setting up a website/blog like that might need some work (to be honest, I have no idea what it takes these days, plus it depends on what you want to have), but having like a central hub for all updates will give you ease of mind in the long-term. Because instead of posting an update on every forum you presented your projects, you just post stuff on your website.

I felt like suggesting this to you, because I just want to try and help you, you know. ^^ Your style seems to appeal to a lot of people (this thread alone shows :D), so your games might get bigger popularity than you'd expect. But whatever you do, is up to you, after all. I'm not a game dev, so I can't really tell how things are going for a developer.
Either way, I really look forward to more updates on your work - whenever they might happen. :) All the best to you!

i'd really have to think about that haha, for me, making costant updates would be a bit strange, im sorta like ky in that department, i rather just post more stuff when im close to being done, or i feel its actually worthwhile to post about it

(also actually thats what heiyuu means, basically it was a gag name ky made as a joke cause when we talked since he was never sure what to call me, so we made a joke about "hey you!", "heiyew" until recently i decided to use that as heiyuu! when i needed a dev name)

Last edited:

TheCreator

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'd take a kyrieu clone (not that you're an exact clone, but still...) over 100 RPGMAKER filth any day.
God, RPG Maker is to the h-gaming scene what Unity is to Steam Greenlight. If people are gonna make an over-glorified VN be honest about it and make the thing a VN or at least do what the likes of Malice in the Machine is doing and have some uniqueness to it. (Or at least have sprite sex that ISN'T just FF5-level pixel blobs fucking.)

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

God, RPG Maker is to the h-gaming scene what Unity is to Steam Greenlight. If people are gonna make an over-glorified VN be honest about it and make the thing a VN or at least do what the likes of Malice in the Machine is doing and have some uniqueness to it. (Or at least have sprite sex that ISN'T just FF5-level pixel blobs fucking.)
When 'content' creators mash two low quality sprites together (like almost any rpg maker game with the animation tag) and call it sprite. It makes me laugh.

On another note, This game looks badass as all get out! I can't wait to see where this goes!

Attachments

Last edited:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

This so hard. There are a few real gems made with RPGmaker and its accessibility makes it easy for good artists to create an interactive experience, but the vast majority are pure trash. See: Anything involving 3D Custom Girl.
lmao

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

according to this one commentor

I'm somthing similar

Last edited:

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

i'd really have to think about that haha, for me, making costant updates would be a bit strange, im sorta like ky in that department, i rather just post more stuff when im close to being done, or i feel its actually worthwhile to post about it
Sounds reasonable to me. And I guess posting updates on forums yourself will be manageable, as long as you only present your game in a few forums (maybe even only here on ULMF?).
Guess it's time for me to sit here and wait for the next update now! Don't let us wait for too long, you hear me? :p ^^

(also actually thats what heiyuu means, basically it was a gag name ky made as a joke cause when we talked since he was never sure what to call me, so we made a joke about "hey you!", "heiyew" until recently i decided to use that as heiyuu! when i needed a dev name)
Hahaha, and I thought I'm just making a bad pun and about to get some sort of *facepalm*-reaction. :D

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

sorry guys, been busy with some other things (and also lazy)

still working on the game, for now im just working on animation, practice stuff since animation is a bit difficult but yeah

(also if i dont respond to everyone on the thread, sorry, i just dont want to just be spamming the thread)

heres some masamusume WIP stuff to tide ya over

Attachments

Last edited:

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is... is that a green naked demon zombie twerking at me?

Bless you Oh Hey You. XD

Last edited:

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just noticed this thread, and so far it looks pretty interesting. The animation gifs you just posted look really good as well. Can't wait to see how this will turn out.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of kinks you planning on putting in the game? Or is that need to know at the moment?

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just noticed this thread, and so far it looks pretty interesting. The animation gifs you just posted look really good as well. Can't wait to see how this will turn out.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of kinks you planning on putting in the game? Or is that need to know at the moment?

eh nothing really specific haha, i already posted the enemies for both games, so you can kind of discern it from there

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Bless you Oh Hey You. XD
hahaha damn, gotta make that movement a bit more subtle, cause now i cant stop seeing that

sandchainz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Bless you Oh Hey You. XD
I had the same sensation when saw that animation XD

@Heiyu
Good animations man ;)