What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

I know I went through this once before, but for the life of me can't remember what I did to get things working again. Win 10, RPG Maker MV, recent automatic update. Game opens with a "unable to extract package - unable to create temporary directory". It was working a couple weeks ago...:confused:

ANNND nevermind. It all came back as mysteriously as it left. This is the second time that this has happened to me - first about 6 months ago, and now this. I couldn't remember what I did to get it working last time, and the same here - it just started working again for some reason. No win update that I could see. I'm flastergasted...

Final Edit - as a final note, this manifests as unable to open any MV game wand gives that error. It starts right after an automatic Windows update, so I was thinking it may be related to Windows Defender or some other MS nonsense, but - again - it just disappears for no reason. I;ll just continue to hold my breath and hope it doesn't happen a third time and ever becomes permanent...

Last edited:

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Does DMM's SDProxy.exe program block text hooking somehow?

I'm ITH for the text hook program. I was able to text hook the trial fine, but ITH fails to find anything to hook with the actual installed game. (I tried AGTH, but the game wouldn't even load when I tried that).

The game in question is an older game and I'm using Windows 10, if that matters - dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/en/detail/debo_0029/. The game runs fine.

Thanks for your help.

elmicho

Reputation score

Hello.. I've a small problem and i don't know where to ask for help... I'm new to the Hentai games world... i discovered it recently and... been kind of rough to play any Hentai RPG in Japanese... i can get the game running but i don't understand a single word :/.. and most of awesome games are in Japanese... so how do you guys play those games... how do you understand a Hentai RPG in Japanese... do you use some kind of translations? and if yes how and what?

thank you for your help in Advance :)

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Hello.. I've a small problem and i don't know where to ask for help... I'm new to the Hentai games world... i discovered it recently and... been kind of rough to play any Hentai RPG in Japanese... i can get the game running but i don't understand a single word :/.. and most of awesome games are in Japanese... so how do you guys play those games... how do you understand a Hentai RPG in Japanese... do you use some kind of translations? and if yes how and what?

thank you for your help in Advance :)
Yugifan3 made this guide.
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=29937

droglob

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So this is probably a really newbie question but how do i install Japanese games and RPG maker RTPs and extract moonspeek zip files and all that jazz in Windows 10?

I used to just have my locale set to Japanese in windows 7 but in windows 10 that leads to a whole host of problems that i just spend a week troubleshooting to get back to where i am now. Setting the locale to Japanese is absolutely out of the question, so, what do?

tiropitas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i am having a problem hooking newer games with ithvnr. the game produces multiple copies of game.exe in the process window and no combination will actually produce text captured. what are people using to capture games like that?

MireneSoCW

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone found a way to properly hook the SRPG engine ( Those Fire emblem like game ) with VNR yet ?

Considering the amount of game made on it increased recently, I wish someone can tell me whether its possible to hook or not.

chukkyjr

Demon Girl
Reputation score

it's been a year (or two?) since i used machine translation, but for whatever reason my TA doesn't auto update its text from ITHVNR (it does have the copy to clipboard turned on, korean language though) and the text hooking is fine in ITHVNR log, anyone have any idea?

Gustave89

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How do I use mods for Honey Select?

Laruffii

Reputation score

Anyone know how to correctly use rpgmaker trans?

I know how to rip the cg's and the txt files from it but when a line gets too long the text doesn't wrap to the box despite the box being big enough in all rpgmaker games i played. the game i'm trying to translate is ぼくとママとしょうたくん

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Anyone know how to correctly use rpgmaker trans?

I know how to rip the cg's and the txt files from it but when a line gets too long the text doesn't wrap to the box despite the box being big enough in all rpgmaker games i played. the game i'm trying to translate is ぼくとママとしょうたくん
You have to press enter and do the text wrapping by yourself. It's not something rpg maker trans does by itself.

Laruffii

Reputation score

You have to press enter and do the text wrapping by yourself. It's not something rpg maker trans does by itself.
So when the text gets long just press the enter button in notepad++? That sounds a little to easy

Bryanis

Reputation score

So when the text gets long just press the enter button in notepad++? That sounds a little to easy
Pressing enter, and continuing the text on the next line is telling rpgtrans to input the rest of the text on the line bellow in the game pop up text window.

SO yeah, that's easy... But you have to found out where to cut your line, and also remember that there a maximum number of line on a window. I don't know if rpgtrans will automatically create another window of text... and I don't think you can go above the 2 line of text for skill / item description...

iDubstep

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there a list of acronym for the genre of hentai games? Such as ACT. Thank you!

Evident Disaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey I'm having some troubles with a rar file download of a game I downloaded, the trouble is that one of the rar files won't open, is this because the file is broken or corrupted or do I need to do something else like downloading all the files and extracting them together?

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with the game.

Hoboy

Reputation score

Hey I'm having some troubles with a rar file download of a game I downloaded, the trouble is that one of the rar files won't open, is this because the file is broken or corrupted or do I need to do something else like downloading all the files and extracting them together?

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with the game.
If it's a multipart .rar you have to download them all into the same folder and then extract the first one - they should all extract then together (only start the first one!)

namhoang909

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I was playing Lost in maze with VNR and translation box obstruct me from setting traps, I right click and choose to hide it, now I can't figure it out how to turn it on, also how to configure it to only see the english translation, mine has 4 lines and 1 of which is japanese, another is some kind of vocal translation :confused:
sorry for terrible english

Zinah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I use Chiitrans lite and now it have stopped capturing text from my games and novels. just an blank white screen. I have tried to reinstalled it but it didt help

Mlkj

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello help thread.
I recently got a new laptop and upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 completely screwing my setup and rendering my library of games mostly unplayable. Thanks Microsoft :/

I found Yoshiiki's walk-through on how to run the applocale replacement Ntleas and was able to get all the way through the process before hitting this error message. Any fixes for me? There are quite a few good games coming out in the next month or two (yay new Happypink) and I'd like to be able to play them but haven't had to setup this particular daisy chain for several years.

TL;DR: Have error below. Would like to not have error. Help please :).

Attachments

Bryanis

Reputation score

Just wondering if someone has an idea.
I'm on Japanese local setting and run game fine...
Except for the Miel / Ciel / Norn circle work.
Always got an unicode error with them when the game reach the main menu on start-up.

Any idea what to do to make them work ?