What's new

Rags game - Tales of the Drunken Cowboy

alako

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Not sure if you guys are interested in interactive text adventure game, but this one has very good plot lines and characters. Also, there are quite a lot of pictures as well for people who don't care about reading.

The game's setting is a mix of firefly and mass effect. You plays as a female veteran mercenary, Celeste Blake, who had a bit of an "accident" during her last mission. Now she has to battle her inner submissive sexual desire (aka the player's desire to watch sex scene) in order to survive. You get nearly have of the sex scenes when you fail a quest. The author manage to put write a different game over for nearly all quest. Although the game is still in development, you have around 5-8 hours of content already.

Development blog: h t t p://mdqpgames.blogspot.it/p/about-tales-of-drunken-cowboy.html
Download link on the bottom right of the blog.

You need Rags game engine to run it. You can find it by google 'Rags Game Development System".
There is a details discussion thread on hypnopics-collective.net, you can find the link in the blog.

Last edited:

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Rags game - Tales of the Drunken Cowboy

Is all the sexual content tied to failing quests?

OP
A

alako

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

About half. Others are during random encounters and using seduction to solve problems.

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Any prostitution or something of the such?

[EDIT]
Can't seem to get the game to work. The Rags system tells me that, "Sorry, this RAGS game file is unreadable."

Last edited:
OP
A

alako

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You have have lesbian sex with prostitute and one of the potential crewmate was a prostitute. Also, Celeste can use her body to help completing quest (always have negative consequences), which is kind of prostitution. :p

[Edit] You need to new 2.4 Rags engine to make it work. You can find it in the Rags website.
If you already have 2.4, try download the game file again. I don't have any problem with it, but I do know 1 guy on the blog mention similar a problem.

Last edited:

OfficerTJHooker

Cthulhu
Reputation score

This is cool, it's a nice change from the regular Japanese RPG Maker games that have been churning out at an astounding rate recently.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

This game updates very seldom. I think this newest update took a year to come out. So... be prepared to wait.

However, it's a very interesting game. I haven't tried the update yet, mostly because I don't want to replay everything.

Logical

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The latest update took about 6.5-7 months to be released. I talk with MDQP every now and then and i get the inside peak before everyone else. ;) he's very adamant about quality of the product which is why the updates take awhile that and he does attend school and work like everyone else.

OP
A

alako

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

He told me that it will take around a year to finish chapter 1 and he might not go into chapter 2 right away, but quality work always takes time.

el duderino

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm a bit lost with this game.

I need to track down three people.

Dr. Kiefer (whom I found)
Kora Laverick
Julius Dreyfus

I don't know how to find Laverick or Dreyfus. The extranet doesn't yield any results and I'm currently just running about doing a few quests.

Anybody know how I can find those 2?

zephyrlol

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I can't remember, however please note the game is far from finished. Most story quests have no ending and can only be started.

RobertPaulsen

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

SPOILERS:

What kind of annoys me is that the easiest way to earn the cash you so badly need to survive the stuff on Europe 4 is by savescumming the slot machine, yet if you leave the planet and then try to return you're instantly kidnapped, and the encounter with the Mr. Nice Guy's bodyguard is extremely hard if you don't have enough medkits/shield boosters. That part of the game is also rather tedious and a bit confusing, which makes replaying a chore.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds intesting...

Too bad RAGs crashes straight away on my computer (win7sp1)

Apparently might be caused by not having Windows Media Player installed, but I remember removing that POS for a reason, though can't remember what that reason was.

undeadclown

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I kind of wish there was a dedicated guide to this game. It's pretty expansive.

Also, every time Alice proposes a hand a strip poker when I talk to her I wish I could take her up on it.

Last edited:
OP
A

alako

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I kind of wish there was a dedicated guide to this game. It's pretty expansive.
You can find most of your answer at the hypnopics forum. You can find the link at the blog.

Kiva

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

if you go drinking at a bar you will eventually find out about a "kendricks" guy looking for people to retrieve his cargo, once you find him (i think somewhere in the entertainment district) you have to take a test to get in the first is a shooting range and first place is 500 credits then once you complete the whole mission you get around 4k credits easy cash and never once used the slut machines

Lurker
Reputation score

Anyone know of more games like this?

Ouro

Lurker
Reputation score

Do you mean adult interactive fiction games? Most are just text based only. And you have to type out commands instead of having drop down menus. This is one of a handful that actually has pictures.

w ww.ifwiki.org/index.php/GoblinBoy

His games have CG pictures but they're command based instead of menu.

I wrote up a walkthrough for the game and I THINK I got all the missions and events (minus the random ones that don't appear to do anything). Let me know if I missed anything and I'll revise it.

Attachments

RobertPaulsen

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You mean RAGS games?

You can try Shield High, it's posted in the Under Construction section and updates about once a week. No pictures though.