What's new

Wolf rpg

bob95

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I want to play a game created in wolf rpg but there's a problem.
Even with locale emulator or ntleas I see this:

How can I fix it?

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Wolf rpg

That the kind of character you see when you're not playing the game with Japanese setting.

So there must be some kind of problem with your Japanese emulation.

From experience, NTLEA don't work well with wolf rpg - forget it.
However, local emulator should work.

So first thing, check that you got the Asian language pack properly installed -> go to the window language window and see if you can switch non unicode to Japanese (no need to do it). if Japanese is in the list, that's good. Else, the Japanese language isn't installed on your window.

If the first check is ok, maybe your version of local emulator didn't install correctly. Try deleting it and reinstalling the latest version. Than make sure the setting used are Japanese local.

OP
B

bob95

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That the kind of character you see when you're not playing the game with Japanese setting.

So there must be some kind of problem with your Japanese emulation.

From experience, NTLEA don't work well with wolf rpg - forget it.
However, local emulator should work.

So first thing, check that you got the Asian language pack properly installed -> go to the window language window and see if you can switch non unicode to Japanese (no need to do it). if Japanese is in the list, that's good. Else, the Japanese language isn't installed on your window.

If the first check is ok, maybe your version of local emulator didn't install correctly. Try deleting it and reinstalling the latest version. Than make sure the setting used are Japanese local.
I've got lastest version, everything with my LE is ok, rpg maker games work fine but it's second (of 2) wolf games with this bug.

Game I'm trying to play - dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE162204.html

Bryanis

Reputation score

Strange, I tested on my PC with this game, it work.

What version of window do you have, might be from there ?

Maybe force administrator mode for LE ?

OP
B

bob95

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Strange, I tested on my PC with this game, it work.

What version of window do you have, might be from there ?

Maybe force administrator mode for LE ?
Windows 10, I'm using administrator evey time.

Bryanis

Reputation score

I'm on win7.
But LE is supposed to work on win 10.
That may be the problem, but if so, it's outside of my knowledge :/

Hope someone can solve your problem.

zipetya

Reputation score

Well, my experience is rather the opposite. WolfRPG games simply won't display characters properly with Locale Emulator (latest build), but will work fine with NTLEAS...

What you have to watch out for with NTLEAS, is to not have Japanese characters in the folder and path to the folder of the game (or the game executable itself).
WolfRPG games work just fine for me with the latest (v0.92) NTLEAS on Win8.1 x64, otherwise.

You could also try changing the format and region settings to Japan - the very few games that needed that were mostly VNs in my experience; but who knows?!
Also, easiest way to avoid this emulation headache is and always will be to switch locale to Japanese...

Though, if it is a Win10 problem, then sorry, I can't really help anymore, either.

OP
B

bob95

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I changed my locale to japanese and it's still bugged, also I tried to download game from other sources, nothing changed.

Bryanis

Reputation score

I changed my locale to japanese and it's still bugged, also I tried to download game from other sources, nothing changed.
Don't really have anything to suggest more.
Except the very unlikely like : change everything to jap local, not just non-unicode setting.
Try to but the game folder directly at the start of the HDD to reduce the pathway length, and remove all jap symbol from the folder name if any.

That's more a rpg maker rare problem than wolf, but I'm really out of option after that with my knowledge of computer and software.

oneonemarvel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

if you are using windows 10, you are better off running a virtual version of win 7 and playing there, move all the files and it should work