What's new

RPG Shota [Nergal's Nest]Urban Demons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Apparently demo got released this weekend (same as Patron's only from a few weeks back). Keep in mind this isn't even a beta (lots of bugs and only 1 scene), so don't expect much yet.

It's a remake/re-imagining/spiritual sucessor of Urban x Life, which got dropped earlier this year.

Can't direct link the Mega cause shota.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dustellar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Nergal's nest]Urban Demons

Nice! I like Glassfish art... I prefer Jay Marvel, but she knows how to animate, that's three in one... busts, art and animation in scenes :) I like that all the art in the game is consistent and made by one person.

People could say many things about Nergal and how he appropriated/recreated a dead project that he doesn't own... but at least he has a plan and bothered to pay/hire a professional artist for the game, twice! can't wait for the first build... with less bugs :p and if you see his trello board... without doubt it will be his most ambitious game.

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: [Nergal's Nest]Urban Demons

hm thats odd this is not the art style they shown before (the one with the more western look)
I think the old style looked pretty fine (other than the kids are real ugly)
no offense to this new style what made them abandon the old one?

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

hm thats odd this is not the art style they shown before (the one with the more western look)
I think the old style looked pretty fine (other than the kids are real ugly)
no offense to this new style what made them abandon the old one?
Depends on which old one you mean. There was the old old original one which was just MnF animations. Then there was the version when UxL came out from a LONG inactivity. Then there was the preview pictures from Jay Marvel that ended up never being used.

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Depends on which old one you mean. There was the old old original one which was just MnF animations. Then there was the version when UxL came out from a LONG inactivity. Then there was the preview pictures from Jay Marvel that ended up never being used.
the preview pictures not being used, there is also an animation that comes with it, it felt like bit of work to let it go abandon

Zaiaku

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The reason Jay Marvel's art is not being used, even though it's still in the games folders, is because he has too many other commitments that he can't really work in a consistent manner for UD, Glassfish on the other hand can do so, and makes her own animations besides. Personally though, I actually prefer Glassfish's style, it fits in the nonsensical style and premise of the game. Still think that Peter looks like that kid from Krypto the Superdog.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The reason Jay Marvel's art is not being used, even though it's still in the games folders, is because he has too many other commitments that he can't really work in a consistent manner for UD, Glassfish on the other hand can do so, and makes her own animations besides. Personally though, I actually prefer Glassfish's style, it fits in the nonsensical style and premise of the game. Still think that Peter looks like that kid from Krypto the Superdog.
I thought it was because his animator was the one who said he was busy, and stopped communicating with him. Unless there was a post elsewhere that mentioned it was a problem with the artist.

Even the 2nd post I found about it mentions the problem being with the animator.

Zaiaku

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I thought it was because his animator was the one who said he was busy, and stopped communicating with him. Unless there was a post elsewhere that mentioned it was a problem with the artist.

Even the 2nd post I found about it mentions the problem being with the animator.

Whoops, I actually got my info from the same post, but I must've misread it.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

I hope this guy knows what he's doing. He already had two great projects on his hands, projects that are far from finished and now he swings into a third. Hummm... I think everyone sees where I'm going with this <.<

Either way, I'm rooting for this guy. He's been doing a good job!

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Zombie's Life is #1 till it's finished (early-ish 2017), then onward to Urban Demons. Solarion is in semi-hiatus since he changed artists around, went from RPGmaker to Unity and a lot more random quirks you'd need to read in the blog.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Apparently demo got released this weekend
Only it's not really a demo per se. It even states that when you load it up that its meant only to showcase a few of the features of future builds which will be demo versions.
I was a little depressed that I couldn't raise points with Amelia. Maybe in a later build. Also, I did notice that if you play kiss choice and go after the mom you get points with someone named "Kaylee", whoever that might be.

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ His blog post says demo though :confused: And I think Kaylee is the girl in the DIY shop

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It does, but it's still a showcase build.
Oh, that's who Kaylee is? I guess I didn't play long enough when I broke the game one way and made it freeze another way.

He knows about the crash issue, but I didn't see the freeze issue, so I let him know.

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Next build delayed to at least Dec. 30th

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For those interested : we (the alpha-testers/debuggers) started a channel on Discord to chat up about the game (and another place to do it since the blog doesn't have comments anymore). Feel free to join and talk with us.

OP
Omnikuken

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Double post : UD new build (the real 0.1, not just a buggy demo) will be out tonight/tomorrow on Patreon. Check the page, so much busties.

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You can check what is being added before the chnagelog through here.

D187Bot

Demon Girl
Reputation score

0.1 is expected to release sometime today~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.