What's new

Divine Arms - A magical action-adventure hentai game

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Divine Arms - A magical action-adventure hentai game

i can't understand why he is taking so long to create it and implement it into his game, that seems like it would be the funnest part anyway.
Because he's game developer at heart? Because he wants to make a H-Game, not just some Hentai Animation Gallery? In this game case tho, trust me, putting the H first with the core gameplay systems not fully fleshed out will just damage the development progress in the long-term. And i agree with thatguy123, some projects are not meant to be waited to be finished.

I know that as an investor, people have the rights to check the progress of what they have invested in, but seriously, you should never invest money in something mainly cuz you're just expecting some parts of it. You may have invested in H-game because you only wants the H, but that's not the correct mindset. The moment you invest your money to a H-Game project, you're investing for that H-game as the whole. You can't blame the creator for using your money for like "buying gadgets that would hasten the development" instead of "hiring voice artist to make the H more enticing", as long as it's for the sake of finishing the H-game and delivers what the project promised in the first place.

It's a fact that this game definitely has made progress, even if not much of it is in the H department at the moment. This fact alone should have suffice to ensure the investors that their investment hasn't gone to waste. If it did disappoint some investors, then really they can't blame anyone.

Last edited:

devvah

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If we were investors we would expect a little more proof in order to continue funding. People donated to his Patreon for more Hentai. As much as we can lie and say some of us are here for the gameplay, lets be honest, if we wanted a non-H game with the gameplay we'd be able to find a better one in a heartbeat. People wanted more H and haven't really seen it. I think this is a creators biggest mistake and frankly, i can't understand why he is taking so long to create it and implement it into his game, that seems like it would be the funnest part anyway.
Going by your logic as his patron I'm "investor", since he posts animated hentai scenes regularly I have enough "proof" that he's making steady progress and you just clowned yourself here, not even attempting to read posts on this page in this thread. Is this how it is?

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

Meh I was a patron for a few months then just stopped when nothing happened for a while. If he ever finishes it that's great but I'm not gonna support more than I have for such little updates.

Honestly images are great but it just took way too long for a new demo so whatever.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Meh I was a patron for a few months then just stopped when nothing happened for a while. If he ever finishes it that's great but I'm not gonna support more than I have for such little updates.

Honestly images are great but it just took way too long for a new demo so whatever.
Honestly no one would blame you. That's how Patreon supposed to be used. No one forcing you to keep pledging to any project. You didn't lose when you stopped pledging to projects. In fact, declining Patreon income could serve as an effective incentive for Creators to actually up their productivity and trustworthiness. Plus, buying this game when it's actually done and finished is definitely a very valid course of action to take.

But someone i would blame tho, are those who claims some projects doesn't progress significantly at all even though there is evidence of significant progress.

Last edited:

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score

One of reasons i dont wanna start Patreon project before having solid demo...
Honestly, coding, debugging and developing good internal logic is taking soooo much time.
This guy had pretty good experience, but even for him making such ambitious project is taking a lot of efforts.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Honestly, coding, debugging and developing good internal logic is taking soooo much time.
This guy had pretty good experience, but even for him making such ambitious project is taking a lot of efforts.
A solid demo is exactly what this started with. The demo stayed the same as the game continued development though, so some patrons and would-be patrons started accusing ViperV of making no progress.

ombre vengeresse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The first Divine Arms demo is solid and kReig a create a lot games (Witch Hunt) before.

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score

I wouldn't call it solid, because it had almost zero internal logic which he is implementing and constantly changing right now~
It was more like small content demonstration.
Solid demo example was Anthophobia release, it had all components ready and further development was mostly adding more h-content.

Last edited:

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I wouldn't call it solid, because it had almost zero internal logic which he is implementing and constantly changing right now~
It was more like small content demonstration.
Solid demo example was Anthophobia release, it had all components ready and further development was mostly adding more h-content.
Ah, so that's what you mean with "solid demo".

Personally, a "solid demo" for me is a demo where you can test more than three-quarter if not all of the systems (not the contents of course) that are planned for the finished product. So imo, that initial demo of this game is "solid" enough for me.

Last edited:

MartinX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Speaking of demos, the creator just uploaded an updated version of the stage demo for patrons, with some extra fixes and additions:

- Traps can now be detected when you're close enough, have sound effects and enemies can trigger them as well
- Tutorial for how to purify crystals at the end of stages, as it was kinda confusing before
- Bullet counter for the summoned Halocopters
- Save button in the options menu
- Visually redesigned the Glory Beam skill to fix some depth sorting issues
- Some bug fixes

Last edited:

MartinX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The latest gameplay demo (without hentai scenes) has been released to the public now. Here's the post with the link + some future plans:

Edit: Lol, someone implied I was getting paid to advertise the Patreon campaign and gave me negative reputation for this post. No, I'm not getting paid anything by anyone. In fact, I am the one pledging money the campaign and am simply trying to make some meaningful posts among all the drama in this thread.

Last edited:

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

why do patreon people hide their pledge amount :confused:

MartinX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

why do patreon people hide their pledge amount :confused:
He said he had received threats, so he hid the amount publicly, but in his last patron-only post he did reveal his earnings. Since Patreon doesn't have a patron-only earnings visibility option, that's how he decided to disclose the pledge amount.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

He said he had received threats, so he hid the amount publicly, but in his last patron-only post he did reveal his earnings. Since Patreon doesn't have a patron-only earnings visibility option, that's how he decided to disclose the pledge amount.
That's very weird. I guess they just don't want people saying, "You make X amount of dollars a month and don't even do jack shit with the game." Or something.

Yeah, let's just hide those details.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Threats of what? Whining impotently on the internet?

I call BS.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, can't say I'm optimistic about this game.

Endless delays aside the new demo is just no good, so many terrible design decisions where previously I thought the game was great now I just felt it extremely tedious and frustrating.

Movement is mostly slow around large empty maps, or I almost wish they were empty, as traps pointlessly slow you down for no god damn reason due to there being no way to tell where they are until you've hit them unless you're moving exceedingly slowly and carefully around the maps.

The combat seems... broken, I'm not sure how better to describe it than that, enemies rarely attack, some take half a dozen shots to the face before they go down, others die instantly for no apparent reason, the hurtbox on some of your abilities is absurdly small which makes their long, tedious wind-up time seem pointless when you can just spam the basic ability, which once more turns the game into just tedium as you're sitting back or walking around while waiting for your attack to be ready and just spamming it endlessly against enemies with far too much health.

Maybe I didn't play long enough but I also didn't see any new skills or features outside of a handful of enemies, even accounting for all the troubles he's apparently had over the last year and a half it just seems like remarkably little worthwhile progress has been made, and while the previous demo left me excited for the gameplay alone this one just has me glad I decided on a "wait and see" approach. The rather aggressively phrased "for the xth time..." didn't help make me sympathetic either, the man has been downright terrible at communicating and has little to show for a year and a half of donations, and while I can understand some frustration he's really not in a position to be impatient with people.

Last edited:

meffistopl

Reputation score

Anyone checking what's going on with the game on Patreon?

Sire Loser

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

He recently released defend from rape the minigame demo. No H scenes for now, just mechanics testing. Next demo will contain sex.

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score

Almost 2 years with no sex scenes added to the game. lol.

He's now put a disclaimer on the main page of his patreon about how he's a one man developer, etc, because of likely criticism on slow progress.

Really, I think hiding general progress updates even behind a paywall is what is really the shadiest bit of it all at this moment. Often times it's plain text updates with no pictures behind a paywall.

I think it'd be more than fair to be transparent with your actual progress if you want additional pledges. You can't even find out why there's been a lack of progress unless you give the guy money...which is an awfully terrible reason to give the guy money. Or is it that he continues to hide behind the paywall due to a lack of progress, and is worried potential patrons might sniff out something suspicious with how many catastrophes has befallen him?

Make patreon-only posts to share actual content updates. Stop hiding behind a paywall to tell people why you're not doing anything or how a volcano erupted and took out your remote island and caused every single dog in your house to become a B-52 bomber so you have to relocate to antarctica.

Not worth pledging to this one until there's actual progress being made but if we have to wait 2 years for 1 sex scene to be implemented in the game we'll all be dead before it ever comes out..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.