What's new

VN/TEXT NTR Loli Shota Ryona [Alice Soft] Sengoku Rance / 戦国ランス

Reputation score
Re: Sengoku Rance

He probably tried to expand to the west, instead of eastward. This is a big, BIG mistake, as there are a number of things working against you:

A) The Mori, to the west, will eventually declare war on you, because they are dicks like that.

B) The Takuga will then follow suit, because the Mori are dicks like that.

C) If you grow too large, the Takeda will declare war. If you expanded west, this almost certain, because the Takeda are dicks like that.

D) The Tokugawa will then follow suit, because hey, they're dicks too. Basically, the whole game is full of nations, the leaders of which are giant douchebags.

Since I've posted again, allow me to pose a question, if I may: What the fuck is up with the Takeda? I mean, seriously. Now, if I may, I would like to elaborate; those of you who do not wish to read a paragraph of bitching, you are free to leave.

So, I used the five points the game had decided to award me ("consolation prize" comes to mind) to grab the +3 Nation Power, as that is what caused me the most grief in my first run. First time through, I, too, expanded west, resulting in the situation I outlined at the beginning: four nations at war with me, because they are all cockbags (and fuck you for saying that's not a word, dictionary). So, restart, grab the +3 Power, and try again, this time expanding east. Took out Hara, Ashikaga, southern Tenshi province (I'll let them live, at least until Honnouji), Tokugawa, and Iwamaga (Imagawa?) all no problem. Declared war on the Takeda before they could wipe out the Hojo (they'd already taken that one province), and took their southern-most province.

Now, here is where I stopped, because I like my computer, and this is frustrating to the point where I want to break things (I'm easily frustrated). Trying to take their second province, got them down to the last territory, and oh, hey, who's that? Why, it's Something-kage (doesn't really matter) with 1100 cavalry. Who always goes first. And can one-shot any one of my units (though he seems to love crushing Nagahide's 1000 archers). Soooo...fuck. Fucking fuck. Fucking shitfucking fuck. That guy...I fucking hate him. At least, and this is the only good thing I can say about this goddamned fight, at the fucking least, the back row consists of three foot soldier units. Front row is that fucking asshat, and two other cavalry units, each ~350 strong, but at least those are the only three that can damage me. Course, that's all they need, but I'll take what I can get. Which, in this case, is assraped.

Sairu

Lurker
Reputation score

I guess it's been long enough.

Hacked Save Game
(Infinite Gold, All Items, Secret Characters, Max Satisfaction, and Max National Power) Credits to oronus of Nihonomaru

As for the Takeda, When you fight them I suggest always taking a tac with high remove status. Without the Furinkazan the captains are pretty much pushovers. Also why declare war on Takeda to save Hojo? If you took out Imagawa you should have been right next to Edo and able to0 declare war on Hojo instead which stops Takeda's takeover.

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

As for the Takeda, When you fight them I suggest always taking a tac with high remove status. Without the Furinkazan the captains are pretty much pushovers.
Regretably, the ninja commander and the other cavalry (one with 8 in all stats) almost always get the first strike, and both of them can one-hit-kill any troop. So your tac may not have a chance to even move.

Reputation score

Also why declare war on Takeda to save Hojo? If you took out Imagawa you should have been right next to Edo and able to0 declare war on Hojo instead which stops Takeda's takeover.

Goddammit, why would you let me do something stupid like attack the Takeda to save the Hojo, when I could've just attacked the Hojo?

Joking aside, I honestly do not remember. I think I just didn't like the idea of the Takeda getting all pissy with my expansionist policies. That, or I figured "Hey, that fucking monkey already broke their gourd, may as well take them out now as they no longer matter" or "Hey, the Hojo still have their gourd, if I take them down that fucking monkey will head on over and break it. Let's attack the Takeda instead." Other than that, thanks for the save data, that is greatly appreciated.

ETA: Honestly, I think one of my main problems with the game is how much it reminds me of Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition. Don't know why, but it does. Of course, the two games (counting RoT3K and NA as the same) are extremely dissimilar. In those games (Not Rance), you could hope to eventually bleed the enemy dry of resources; of course, you'd have to be careful not to do the same to yourself. The computer operates on much of the same principles you operate. In SR, on the other hand, there is never a way to bleed your enemy dry; they always have plenty of money to replenish their troops, and there's no shortage of random commanders willing to fight for them. You, of course, do not always (I'd say infrequently) have enough cash to replenish your troops, and the only way to replenish commanders is to capture them in battle (or storyline, or recruit). Now, to be fair, the two games are only tangentially related, and that's mostly in my head. It's probably not even fair to compare them, but I cannot help it. I've no idea why that is.

Last edited:

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Tl;DR, even in my min-maxist method of playing, Takeda is the biggest bitch of a nation to take down due to said person....Thus I am forced to use AI exploits to make the Takeda NOT declare war on me...till after I have Kenshin, Uzura with Accurate Shots, and Natori. Even then, I often have to reload 5-6 times to have them NOT one shot me at the start, and that's when all my units have 9 speed. ((He loves to OHKO Rance.))

How I usually beat the battle though?

Uzura: Accurate shot ASAP to reduce his actions by 1/buy me time to kill everything
Natori: Miko storm 2 to reduce numbers.
Kenshin: To make it so that most of the calvary/units can't even move after accurate shot... otherwise I'm essentially fawked.

Even then? I only win half the time. But yeah, reason why Takeda is so tough is that their generals have like 9 speed and attack...and calvary is the best unit class in the game >.>;;

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Goddammit, why would you let me do something stupid like attack the Takeda to save the Hojo, when I could've just attacked the Hojo?

Joking aside, I honestly do not remember. I think I just didn't like the idea of the Takeda getting all pissy with my expansionist policies. That, or I figured "Hey, that fucking monkey already broke their gourd, may as well take them out now as they no longer matter" or "Hey, the Hojo still have their gourd, if I take them down that fucking monkey will head on over and break it. Let's attack the Takeda instead." Other than that, thanks for the save data, that is greatly appreciated.

ETA: Honestly, I think one of my main problems with the game is how much it reminds me of Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition. Don't know why, but it does. Of course, the two games (counting RoT3K and NA as the same) are extremely dissimilar. In those games (Not Rance), you could hope to eventually bleed the enemy dry of resources; of course, you'd have to be careful not to do the same to yourself. The computer operates on much of the same principles you operate. In SR, on the other hand, there is never a way to bleed your enemy dry; they always have plenty of money to replenish their troops, and there's no shortage of random commanders willing to fight for them. You, of course, do not always (I'd say infrequently) have enough cash to replenish your troops, and the only way to replenish commanders is to capture them in battle (or storyline, or recruit). Now, to be fair, the two games are only tangentially related, and that's mostly in my head. It's probably not even fair to compare them, but I cannot help it. I've no idea why that is.
You can effectively bleed everyone but the demon army dry. Sure they get back generals at a quick rate and can replenish most of their troops as well, but they can only grab a couple new generals per round where as you can easily kill 4 a round. I've had late game battles where I faced enemies whose units only had armies of around 100 or less.

Cheddy413

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I guess it's been long enough.

Hacked Save Game
(Infinite Gold, All Items, Secret Characters, Max Satisfaction, and Max National Power) Credits to oronus of Nihonomaru

As for the Takeda, When you fight them I suggest always taking a tac with high remove status. Without the Furinkazan the captains are pretty much pushovers. Also why declare war on Takeda to save Hojo? If you took out Imagawa you should have been right next to Edo and able to0 declare war on Hojo instead which stops Takeda's takeover.
Cheers :)

He probably tried to expand to the west, instead of eastward. This is a big, BIG mistake, as there are a number of things working against you:

A) The Mori, to the west, will eventually declare war on you, because they are dicks like that.

B) The Takuga will then follow suit, because the Mori are dicks like that.

C) If you grow too large, the Takeda will declare war. If you expanded west, this almost certain, because the Takeda are dicks like that.

D) The Tokugawa will then follow suit, because hey, they're dicks too. Basically, the whole game is full of nations, the leaders of which are giant douchebags.

Since I've posted again, allow me to pose a question, if I may: What the fuck is up with the Takeda? I mean, seriously. Now, if I may, I would like to elaborate; those of you who do not wish to read a paragraph of bitching, you are free to leave.

So, I used the five points the game had decided to award me ("consolation prize" comes to mind) to grab the +3 Nation Power, as that is what caused me the most grief in my first run. First time through, I, too, expanded west, resulting in the situation I outlined at the beginning: four nations at war with me, because they are all cockbags (and fuck you for saying that's not a word, dictionary). So, restart, grab the +3 Power, and try again, this time expanding east. Took out Hara, Ashikaga, southern Tenshi province (I'll let them live, at least until Honnouji), Tokugawa, and Iwamaga (Imagawa?) all no problem. Declared war on the Takeda before they could wipe out the Hojo (they'd already taken that one province), and took their southern-most province.

Now, here is where I stopped, because I like my computer, and this is frustrating to the point where I want to break things (I'm easily frustrated). Trying to take their second province, got them down to the last territory, and oh, hey, who's that? Why, it's Something-kage (doesn't really matter) with 1100 cavalry. Who always goes first. And can one-shot any one of my units (though he seems to love crushing Nagahide's 1000 archers). Soooo...fuck. Fucking fuck. Fucking shitfucking fuck. That guy...I fucking hate him. At least, and this is the only good thing I can say about this goddamned fight, at the fucking least, the back row consists of three foot soldier units. Front row is that fucking asshat, and two other cavalry units, each ~350 strong, but at least those are the only three that can damage me. Course, that's all they need, but I'll take what I can get. Which, in this case, is assraped.
Thanks for pointing out the west thingy.. ill try that next time i play~

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I've been trying to beat this game since it came out... The English patch made it a lot easier to understand (and beat, I guess)... But I have never, ever been able to beat the Demon Army. I've expanded West and been somewhat successful to even being able to take over most of Mori's territories before the Hannouji incident, and I've even been able to hold of Takeda before that.

But I can't beat the damn Demon Army! -_-;

So... Does this Modded/hack save not work with the English version?

Sairu

Lurker
Reputation score

The modded save should work with the English version. You just drop it into the save data folder. I used it with mine and I found it attached to a topic about the English version.

The demon army is a pain. When I ended up fighting them I was in a really bad position. I had only conquered Hara, Ashikaga, Tenshi Sect, and Uesugi. The dumbest part is I thought forcing them to surrender was smart so I had Iga and Asai-Asakura as vassal countries. I had screwed up big time but I managed to finish my run thanks to the fact that after fighting the demon army for way too many turns they run them all to Shimazu area. Now this is assuming your not trying for very many bonus points, since I managed to do this after about 200+ turns.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Finally got around to playing this game.

Amazing game. It's probably one of the most addictive game I have ever played. But like what you folks are saying, the Demo Army is an absolute pain in the butt. Right now I have conquered everything East of Tenshi sect, save for the youkai kingdom (their army looked strong enough to last for a long time, so I didn't bother). I left Tenshi sect alone in the hope that they will join my fight against the Demo army, biggest mistake ever.

Somehow I have managed to keep the Tenshi sect safe by expanding to the west as soon as the demon army appears, but they have already conqured the country with the giant ruler. Bugger. I expected those guys to last longer.

edit: It seems like I have ended up on the demo king route. How bad is this? And oh, I am running into this bunch of crazy demons who can attack every single one of units at the same time. Does anyone know how on earth am I supposed to defeat them when each of their attack drains about 1000 unit?

Last edited:

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

Seriously. You don't win in the Demon King Route. You can't win it no matter what you do. Just restart man.

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

Seriously. You don't win in the Demon King Route. You can't win it no matter what you do. Just restart man.
If you do "win" the demon king route by abusing the system, you get a little scene where the main cast calls you a cheater, then you get a game over screen. :D

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh wow. This looks pretty fun. And ^^^ is totally awesome.

Why did I not notice this thread earlier? I'll need to remember to download later.

And in English, too. Plot and dialogue, fuck yeah.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Surely you can't be serious.

Oh well, guess I will just have to revert to a previous save.

How do you stop her from turning into the demon king though? They keep saying something about the lemon, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

That will answer your question, I don't remember how exactly you do it and I don't remember exactly where it is, I think it's under "walkthrough" though.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

It's a fairly easy dungeon in the tenshi sect's lands.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Found it. Thanks. Seems like releasing the Demon king will result in a power up for all of the enemies.

edit: Finally beat the game :D Thanks guys. I love the story. Rance really is an interesting character. It's a little sad though that Sid is still frozen at the end of the game.

The sex change ending really is the best though. I watch it 3 times in a row. :p

Last edited:

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

There are different routes to the game (as you're probably aware). I'll tell you that in some of them, Sill isn't frozen. Those ones make me happy... I heart Sill, and even though I never read any of the text while I was playing, I was genuinely sad when she was frozen.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I did read the text, and I also love Sill, her relationship with Rance is unique and while Rance and Suzume have a good time together the game gave me the feeling that what Sill feels towards Rance is a more genuine version of love.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

I know what you mean. This is probably the first H-game I have ever played that can be described using the word "beautiful".

Started a new game. I am trying to save Soun and Ran at the same time. I thought I could do it just by invading them fast enough. But no, they both die together. Sucks.