What's new

[ScaleGarden] セイレンの竪琴 / Seiren Harp (RJ035000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flintlocked

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Old RPGmaker game that doesn't seem to have its own thread. I needed a place to link it too so I decided to create its own thread for people to just click download and go about their day avoids going through the RPGMaker games thread.

mediafire.com/?73dai1gddcpc3db

Last edited by a moderator:

sn123412

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Seiren/セイレンの竪琴 RJ035000

Love this artist's work, but could not for the life of me beat it, always got stuck on the forest part, seem's like she gets captured by an ork? or something, then another monster comes out of nowhere and fights her, i ended up getting one shot and it was a game over. Hopefully i figure out what i did wrong this time, thanks for the link.

OP
flintlocked

flintlocked

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Love this artist's work, but could not for the life of me beat it, always got stuck on the forest part, seem's like she gets captured by an ork? or something, then another monster comes out of nowhere and fights her, i ended up getting one shot and it was a game over. Hopefully i figure out what i did wrong this time, thanks for the link.
You mean that giant orge, Its been a while since i played it but i'm pretty sure you can run from it and run like hell after it rapes you afew times. Unless i'm thinking of some other forest.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

After the first night, you'll get an option. It's VERY easy to skip through and choose the first option. But you're suppose to choose the second option and go through the days until you're able to make the ork sleep (drunk maybe?) then your character will run without getting attacked by the T-Rek

sn123412

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

After the first night, you'll get an option. It's VERY easy to skip through and choose the first option. But you're suppose to choose the second option and go through the days until you're able to make the ork sleep (drunk maybe?) then your character will run without getting attacked by the T-Rek
Nevermind, just figured it out right after i posted it lol.

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well,i thought to just add a bit more info about that...The main char gets a herb in the forest that induces sleep,so one day she tricks the ogre into eating her "special" homemade dish which does the obvious(but he still manages to screw her)...

On the side note i have played this game a really long time ago but still have it backuped on my PC...It's not the best of the Scale garden games(it lacks the free mode that the other two games had which killed the game in my opinion),but still it was good for its time...

demon418

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Can someone reupload this game i would really appreciate it.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Well,i thought to just add a bit more info about that...The main char gets a herb in the forest that induces sleep,so one day she tricks the ogre into eating her "special" homemade dish which does the obvious(but he still manages to screw her)...

On the side note i have played this game a really long time ago but still have it backuped on my PC...It's not the best of the Scale garden games(it lacks the free mode that the other two games had which killed the game in my opinion),but still it was good for its time...
Well, Seiren is the first game, so I would say it's simply that our expectations were higher after playing Song of Iron and Fire.

KuraScropia

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Can someone reupload this game i would really appreciate it.
RPG Maker collection thread, flintlocked first post. Click the spoiler tag. I believe it's the first game listed, if not, find RJ#. That's where I got it from, you can use mega right?

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Sirens' Harp translation project

Update # 7

The game is translated up to the first map of the Mountain Path, where Rain first encounters Jack & Bordeaux. This is the final update using the old method of replacing the data files. From now on updates will be made using habisain's .

This link leads to a folder on Mega with the following files:
The current translation patch update - (SirensPatchUD07.7z)
A comprehensive walkthrough that I'm writing as I translate the game
A text file with the naked mode password

Let me know what you think. I don't actually know Japanese, so this was done with multiple machine translations recast into American idiom. If you think some of my translation is off, or you spot a spelling or grammar error, let me know.

Technical notes on the translation progress:

Current area: Mountain Path (090)
Current map: Mountain Cave E (095): 258
Current game progress: 254

Next maps
Tower

Done
Opening
Ship
Beach
Plain
Forest
Village
Lake
Underground Ruin
Cave
Mountain Path: MPA,MPB,MPC,MCA,MCB,MCC,MCD

Last edited:

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

animate the dead was used
an unanimated lurker has ben summoned

you sir deserve a medal XD i actually never played the game because after playing the later works of the author i found it a bit rough around the edges, with a translation, it will be a more aproachable game.
EDIT:ill put some errors in this post but only those that really deserve it (typos dont count)

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

animate the dead was used
an unanimated lurker has ben summoned

you sir deserve a medal XD i actually never played the game because after playing the later works of the author i found it a bit rough around the edges, with a translation, it will be a more aproachable game.
EDIT:ill put some errors in this post but only those that really deserve it (typos dont count)
Actually, I want to know about the typos too. I'm OCD that way.

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

actually, i cant see the text from the dialog at all, the 103j file shows no text at all for me so i replaced it with 102e and 102j and it showed me the menu and prologue texts...(only fontsize changed) yet any conversation shows either suspensive dots or nothing

could it be a problem in my 103j file?

ziodyne

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the link dude, translation is working just fine for me and I see the text just fine. Guess I'll give this one a try since I really like the creators other games.

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Could be. I just tried it with 103J and 104J on my system and it worked with both of them. Here's what I've got as far as date and size on my rgss*.dll's

Code:
Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name
----                -------------     ------ ----
-a---         8/30/2005  12:00 AM     771584 RGSS100J.dll
-a---         8/30/2005  12:00 AM     778752 RGSS102E.dll
-a---         8/30/2005  12:00 AM     781312 RGSS102J.dll
-a---         5/11/2007  12:00 AM     685056 RGSS103J.dll
-a---        10/23/2009  12:00 AM     758272 RGSS104E.dll
-a---        10/23/2009  12:00 AM     761856 RGSS104J.dll

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Here's the first update. All of the ship is fully translated. Next I'll do Hastur's cabin and it's environs.

Link removed see below.

Last edited:

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I noticed a couple things I missed. I'll fix them and upload an update tomorrow.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nice, It's pretty solid, although I don't know why you left all those Japanese dots inside the text. It looks weird when you read the text and you see those punctuation marks that aren't in English language. There are also a few weird dialogs like this one with sailor and Line.

Sailor:
Hi there.
How is the voyage?

Line
Yes, I'm enjoying it.

----------------------
So he asked a question and she replies with a YES.

I don't know about you but something like this seems more natural to me.

Sailor:
Hi.
How is the voyage?

Line:
It's pretty good, I'm really enjoying it so far.

or change the sailors question to something like

"Are you enjoying yourself on this voyage?"

Line
"Yes, I'm really enjoying it." or "Yes, I'm really enjoying every part of it."

Dunno, just my thought. Anyway, glad to see someone is putting an effort in this one.

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I thought that phrasing was kind of awkward. Thanks for the suggestion. And I was thinking of changing at least some of the dots. I think I'll keep the ones that don't also have text on them.

I've a question for you and any other translators reading this:

The Japanese characters for "Normal" still appear on the menu screen. I can't find where this is coming from. It's not on the State tab of the database, and I don't see it in the script that controls the menu screen (though I just might have missed it).

Does anyone know where that text is set?

Another question I have regards Switch and Variable names in the event editor. Is it safe to change those? It looks like they'd just be referenced internally by their numbers, but I figure there's a chance that scripts might use their names, though I didn't see any in a quick lookthrough.

Attachments

Last edited:

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Here's a corrected version of the first update. It's the same as the last one, with some events I had missed translated. I corrected a few typos and incorporated Kryptonite's suggestions.

Link removed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.