What's new

RPG [Escu:de] Eiyuu x Maou 英雄×魔王

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score
Note that this game is fully in Japanese; you will need the japanese computer settings to play it. However, it's pretty easy to get through and even understand the storyline just from the images; the information I'm giving you in this post is from one playthrough without using any sort of translator or guide.

Links:
New link thanks to ichigo:

Code:
Ugh.  Stupid uploads.  Here you go...  Files are ~450mb

Part 1:
[url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1382YRDT[/url]

Part 2:
[url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FQ86P8NR[/url]

Part 3:
[url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=624VQWUO[/url]

Overview:
The game is a relatively simple one. You have yourself as the main character, plus a number of companions. You move along the world map through a series of nodes that splits in several places, making it a fairly linear game - the splits always lead back to the same point. The differences generally are in which character(s) you pick up. Most of the story is told through dialogue, and there are many choices throughout the course of the game, I suspect these influence which character ends/scenes you get. The cg isn't fantastic, it's not animated, but it's well-drawn and there are several tentacle scenes (from what I know so far; I've only unlocked 49% of the cg in my first playthrough). Essentially, the overworld revolves around these little red bubbles you get. You start out with a maximum of five or six, and the maximum increases every time you take over an area. There are three things to use magic for - breeding (we'll get to that later), terrorizing, and plundering. Each country you control has a destruction bar. It goes up to 100. So if you control two countries, you can have a maximum of 200 destruction. The more destroyed your countries are, the faster your red bubbles regenerate. Picking a country to destroy uses one bubble - so if you control three countries, and choose to destroy one, that country's bar goes up 5-20% (lower gain the higher the bar is), and becomes unavailable for any other actions, like plundering. Plundering works in much the same way; each country you plunder takes one bubble, and you have a chance of getting one item for each. Combat is of a rock-paper-scissors type model. You must have a commander in each battle, a commander being one of the named characters. Each character has an "MP" rating, which coincides with your red bubbles (so it's probably safe to assume the red bubbles are MP of a sort). The main character, being the strongest hero, always requires three mp, while the others vary between one and two, depending on how powerful they are. The commander you choose defines how many party members you have; weaker ones have a maximum of two others, stronger ones can go up to eight or ten. However, in order to put more named members in the party, you have to have the required mp. If you only have two mp when you initiate a battle, you can't choose the main character at all (because he requires 3). If you choose a one-mp party member to be the commander, you can only add one other one-mp party member before all your mp is used up. Your troops are free to fill out the rest of your party, but be warned - even if they don't die, they become unavailable for use after the battle! That's okay though, because they're readily available and your named characters' hit points transfer over turns - any damage they take is permanent, only slightly healed between each over-world turn. So using troops as meat shields is a perfectly acceptable strategy. The actual combat consists of two wheels, yours and your opponent's. Each wheel has a number of slots depending on the party you have - let's say you chose the main character as a commander. It's the beginning of the game so he has three additional slots. You put magician-type troops in all of those slots. Your wheel will look like this: xmmmxmmmxmmm repeat where x is the main character and m is a magician. Each turn, you choose to move the wheel left or right, and whoever is there will attack. It starts on your main character, so the first turn, you will have to have a magician attack. The next turn, you can either continue the same way, and have the next magician attack, or go backward and have the main character attack. This is where the rock-paper-scissors model comes in. Swords beat archers, archers beat casters, casters beat swords. You have to try and predict which way the computer will move his wheel so you can choose the appropriate class type to combat. Each hero has their own type - the main character is sword-type. But now I should talk about breeding - that's what you're playing the game for, right? Basically, you are a demon lord intent on world domination. Your companions are demon-girls. Each turn, you can mate with one of them (costing one mp). A set number of turns later, between two and four, they will give birth to a number of troops, whose type depends on their type. The first companion you get is a succubus-like girl, who is a caster. So you mate with her, and four turns later she gives birth to two caster-type troops. This breeding is where the H-scenes come in. I haven't figured out the exact mechanics, but if you gain enough influence, you get new H-cg every time you breed. I was able to unlock the starting succubus' second cg, but apparently there are a couple more after that.

The breeding, of course, is what makes this game highly interesting to me. Most H-games are just 'here, let's put random sex into a B-grade storyline with some lame-ass excuse for it.' Here, the sex is incorporated into the game mechanics. It's the best excuse for adding sex into a game that I can remember. Crossing the land, destroying and pillaging as you go, and having your own private harem of demon-girls to breed with... sounds like our hero is living the high life! If nothing else, it's worth a play-through of this game to be able to put yourself in the hero's position as master conquerer and demon-girl breeder.

Here is a shot of the overworld.

At the top left, there are red bubbles. These are your mp. Actions cost MP, as does setting commanders into battle. The bar below it is the destruction bar. The higher this is, the more mp you regenerate between turns.

Menu:
First option is plundering. You select this, then select the countries to plunder. You can only plunder countries that you control (for example, at this stage of the game, I can only plunder the first country), countries that have a commander, and countries that haven't been subjected to any other actions that turn, such as destroying. Each country you plunder uses one mp. Each country you plunder has a chance of giving you a random item. I'm not sure what criteria determines what items you can get. It appears to be completely random. You can get equipment for your characters, items to help breeding, items to help plundering, items to help destruction, and potions, as far as I can tell. I wasn't able to figure out how to use the other items I got.

Second option is destroying. Destroying is subject to the same rules as plundering - must have a commander, must not been looted that turn, uses one mp, etc. Each country has a destruction bar that ranges from 0-100, which drops between 0-5 points each turn. The lower it is, the more you gain when you destroy it.

Third option is healing. You can choose to heal your entire party for one mp, two mp, or three mp. More mp gives more healing. Useful for when you're running low on troops and therefore need to use party members in battle, and have lots of mp to spare. Otherwise, the healing you gain between turns is more than sufficient.

Fourth option is breeding. Click on it, then choose the demon girl you want to breed with. The first time you breed you'll get an H-scene, subsequent breedings will just give you a line or two of text with the cg. When you advance that character's story, you'll get another H-scene and the cg for each breeding will change.
Breeding with the succubus:

Fifth option is commanders. You must assign a commander to each country in order to do destroy/pillage. Let's say you put the succubus in charge of the first country. On the turn you breed with her, you can't loot/destroy that country. I guess breeding counts as an 'action' for whatever country she controls.

The last two options are for progressing the game. The first one moves you to the next node. The second one uses a turn but keeps you at the node you're at, enabling you to recharge your mp, heal your party, etc. Sometimes you get into random battles when you do this with giant stag beetles. However, I didn't do this very often. See the end of the trail at the top? How it says "Limit: 12 turns"? The faster you get up there and beat the boss, the better reward you get (item and xp). So resting is generally a bad idea. This makes the whole game a gigantic balancing act between troop numbers and commander hit points. It's very tactical.

Battle images:
Here's the initiation and party selection screen.

Note the strength bars in the middle. This tells you what type of troops they have, although you can't see the order they will be placed in. Higher bars mean more relative troops - note the 'relative.' They might have only one person (their commander), and the bar for whatever class he is will be full. The strength bars are just an estimation of how much of one class they have over another.

First you must choose a commander from the list at the bottom. I'm going to choose the main character, who costs 3 mp:

Note how the red bubbles decrease from four to one between these two images - and how the succubus (the only one that costs two mp) is now greyed out; I can't select her for this battle because I only have one mp left. So I just fill out my ranks with regular shock troops. I choose sword troops because the enemy has only swords (equal) and archers (weak vs swords):

Now I'm ready for combat. Here's what it looks like:

Note that although it looks like left click will turn the wheel left (down), it's reversed. The orb below the main character's will fight if you left click. Right click selects the orb above. If any of these orbs become empty, that orb becomes the commander's attack. So if you have: CssmsCssmsCssms etc, with C being commander, s being sword, and m being magician, if the middle sword dies, your wheel will be: CsCms

Conclusion:
It's a strategy tactical game. Even without a walkthrough or translator, it was pretty easy to go through. There's a new game plus option (if you save at the end, then load that save) where you keep the characters and their stats. You can't view the cg or remembrance scenes until you finish the game once. The real challenge is finding out how to unlock all the cg. For those who are more into action finger-twitch games like blank blood or nsphere, this probably isn't for you.

Also, I did some googling, and apparently there's a walkthrough floating around. It's all in japanese though... so use at your own risk:

Have fun!

Edit 1: Somewhere in this post I mentioned that whatever soldiers you throw into battle will be used up and unavailable from then on. I have since discovered that I was mistaken; any soldiers that receive NO DAMAGE during the course of a battle will continue on with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Eiyuu x Maou

Now, because this is discussion and shouldn't be included in the OP, I'm going to double-post (and shamelessly bump because there's been a post between the time I posted and the time I got the links in the post).

I'm going through a second time with the walkthrough and translator, and am remembering the many times through the game, usually after a boss or some important story event (importance judged by length of time holding the 'ctrl' key) that I got a silvery strand of something. Apparently this is the old guy's hair. I never found a use for it, and can't find anything about it in the guide I linked or anywhere else. Anybody know what these hairs are used for? Or what use there is in getting them?

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

This looks like win (even if there doesn't seem to be too much H-content), DLing now.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

There's supposed to be a Mahjongg version floating around there somewhere; same type of game, same characters, different H scenes and story. Also instead of wheel battles, it's mahjongg obviously. I think there's also more tentacle H from the cg sets I've found.

TribeZ

Lurker
Reputation score

I remember this game from when it was first posted on HF... hard to get all the CG if i remember correctly.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

well that's an awesome post.
stopped lurking just to say this! :rolleyes:
Thanks and welcome =D

TribeZ said:
I remember this game from when it was first posted on HF... hard to get all the CG if i remember correctly.
Did they ever post some sort of strat? Otherwise, yeah getting all the cg seems to be pretty tricky, I know that two of the main H characters are mutually exclusive, and I'm not 100% sure but I've read that you need to have a certain character loot a certain area at a certain time to get a certain item, not sure if that's related to CG but if so I have no idea how I'm going to figure that out without some sort of translation assistance... the kind that isn't agth's awful engrish.

Other than that, here's my attempt at beginning some sort of guide. These are all the routes you can take through the game - if I missed one, let me know - and just be aware that just because you reach a node, it doesn't mean you'll be able to take all the paths that branch from it. The upper right hand corner is particularly convoluted. Only one of the paths will get you to the little branches curving upward. And now that I've cobbled together this image I'm going to work on pointing out what happens where. Which means going through the game another few times. Any help here would be much appreciated =P

Anyway, spoiler tagged for massiveness and well spoiler, open at your own risk =P

Bowser

Lurker
Reputation score

This was an interesting game. I picked this up from hongfire a while ago, there were a lot of times in which I really wished my kanji was better. I couldn't understand a lot of the commands that I saw. The things that got me was that i really liked the art style. I don't think I ended up getting full completion.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

You can read a little Kanji? Did you understand any of the dialogue options? If you did and could post them, that would help - I don't read a lick of Japanese and find using translators too time consuming for not enough reward; you usually can't understand what they're trying to say anyway. This goes for everybody else too. I think I'm actually serious about working out a guide for this o_O

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

I have my hands full right now, but if it's not too much work maybe I can help. My translation is at least more readable than agth's, I think.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

There's supposed to be a Mahjongg version floating around there somewhere; same type of game, same characters, different H scenes and story. Also instead of wheel battles, it's mahjongg obviously. I think there's also more tentacle H from the cg sets I've found.
I assume it's not this that you're talking about?

Because in that mahjong game, there seemed to be some problem with it deciding when the dealer changed - it wouldn't let me stop being East in the South round for some reason, even when I was noten.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't think so. From what I've read it's just called "Eiyuu x Maou Mahjong."

It might be, though. Can you put up an image or two from the CG so I can compare it against the set I have? I'd post the whole set but I don't like uploading CG sets before I've had a chance to upload the game - seeing the set before earning it for yourself kind of spoils it.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmm.. I've been playing through the game and taking notes, so I knew about most of the little paths that I missed. The ones over at seaworld were the big ones, and then the 'ruins' at the southwest corner posed an interesting question... but in all my playthroughs of the game, I've NEVER seen the 'ruins' you mention at the northeast corner of the map. Actually, I've only ever been able to trigger that whole path away from where you recruit Aretto (the dragon-girl) once, and that was my first time through when I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing.

The walkthrough I've been haphazardly glancing over at mentions four of these sets of ruins, although I have no idea what impact they have, nor how to trigger them. Since it seems random to me, I suspect it has something to do with relationship levels.... but I honestly have no clue. I know there's some ruins in the alternate path to seaworld (recruit the snow-lady caster, opt not to go to seaworld, because she kicks you off the path, then a new path will open up after you get the pink-haired gangbang chick, and you'll get an opportunity to recruit an archer who seems to be made out of the same pink slimy stuff as her hair - interestingly he's the archer that has the most powerful attack stat I've found so far), and the ones you mentioned at the bottom left. Do you have any idea what effect these have on the game? Or where to find the last set of ruins? Or how to trigger them?

I haven't been posting because I've been running through the game taking notes, and I keep getting stymied by Ceres and Meissiah... I can recruit Meissiah reliably, but can't seem to get her ending no matter what I do, and even though I've been doing the exact same thing with Ceres as when I was successful at capturing her, it just doesn't work; I don't get the H-scene or her in my party. Any help here would be much appreciated. In the meantime, here's the updated map - ignore the numbered nodes, they go with a text file that's too unorganized to be posting. Also most of the text at the bottom is wrong.

Edit: I looked through one of the guides and they have a section on the ruins; you need all four of them to get a certain ending (I think it's the harem ending). I can't make heads or tails out of the translation, though; if someone could take a look at this and maybe make it make a bit more sense it would be much appreciated <3

Edit2: After some more mucking around with the guides, I managed to unlock the northeast ruins. Here's my best translation:

北東の遺跡はエルディナートでリーズと繁殖を1回以上行う。
-To get to the ruins in the Northeast, breed with Leeds one or more times in Erudinato [Castle area, where you picked up Goeria, the demon-guy].
モモ戦でフェルザーを使う必要がある。
-You have to use Folser against Momo [catgirl].
その後渓谷では近道になるルートでないほう。
-Don't take the Valley shortcut route??? [Not sure about this one, but I unlocked it when I went right at the first intersection, and right at the second - fought Momo before the church battle, and then went to Aretto before going to the forest]
つまり普通に山道をのぼるルートを通ることで北東の遺跡に進める。
-Go northeast to the ruins - the alternate route, not the one that leads straight to the next country. [This one's kind of obvious, when you see the path open up, take it...]
(ただし進んでも何も得るものはありません)。
-[Uh, no idea...] You don't get anything from not doing this???
道のりでヒロイン3人との好感度のイベントはあります。
-If you get an event that makes you decide between three of the girls (Aretto,
Momo, and Leeds), you've done it right??? [When I unlocked them, I got a three-way dialogue choice which corresponded to choosing one of the girls in the guide, I think it was tlaking about some kind of cooking contest]

・北西の遺跡はディーネとファオラとパルシラの3人がいることが条件となっている。
パルシラには「優しく接する」を選択し、ディーネには「要求を受け入れる」を選択す
る必要がある。ディーネを最後に仲間にしたほうが時間的に見ても楽である。
神殿を利用するにはメイシアを捕獲することとパルシラに「優しく接する」を選択しなけ
ればならない。メイシア捕獲は別項を参照されたし。 メイシアは軟禁状態にする必要
が(たぶん)ある。遺跡進入時に偽の魔剣を入手。
・3つめの遺跡はジークラフ王国制圧後の特定のEDNでランドレス島制圧後の選択で「侵
攻する」を選択すれば南西の遺跡が出現する。進むと???と戦闘。勝っても経験値以
外特に何も無い。
・4つめの遺跡はハーレムEND時以外は出現しない。

Last edited:

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

This game's combat mechanics are way awesome. I'm gonna make a blatant rip off.

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

well, it's impossible for me to say, how to get the same locations. i just fought through and picked random choices (saved before, tried a few choices and took one that seemed promising) for i was far too lazy to care about this h-stuff. but it was totally pointless fighting the "boss" at the last ruin. right after the last human kingdom i saved and played every possible way to the end but it didn't alter the ending in any way. so i personally think the endings are all about how fast you get through an with which one of your girls you are breeding most. for me it was momo, because i needed swordsmen ... and that other "darth vader" girl just turned into a mage :confused:
this game would be totally awesome, if there was an english translation. it's no fun playing a game with constantly using atlas or whatsoever.

Last edited:
OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Don't worry, I've figured out a lot of it. And the ruins aren't actually pointless - see, there's another ruin that I've only been able to manage to unlock once, in the center of the map. Killing the boss there nets you the best sword in the game (something like +30 attack power and life). You either need to have visited all the ruins in the game before the end or have gotten the harem end, or both, not sure which.
The endings are decided based on dialogue choices. For the three 'normal' endings (Liese, Alette, and Momo), just breed with them every turn you can, and pick the right dialogue options for whoever you're going for. You actually don't even need a translator for this, just the guide; the sections for each character are pretty small so just look for the japanese that matches what's on your screen and pick the option that has (+1) beside it. Or do what I did my first playthrough and quicksave, pick both options, and go with whatever makes her look happier.
There's a 'bad end' if you didn't get enough influence with any of the girls.
Then there's Ceres and Meissiah. They're a lot more complicated. To get their ending, you have to capture one of them (if you capture one, you can't get the other). You capture Ceres through the 'brave soul appeared' battles. The first time you fight her, use Folser. The second time, use Momo, Alette, or Liese. The third and fourth times, use Folser - after the fourth battle, you'll get an H-scene and capture her. For Meissiah, there are two nodes where you battle her, the one three or four nodes before the pope guy and the pope battle. If you beat her with Folser in the brave soul battle where she appears at the church (she won't appear unless you have 400 total fear), after the pope battle, you'll get a dialogue option. One of them captures her, the other doesn't.
I'm still trying to work out everything with getting their endings which is the main reason why I haven't posted my notes yet; I can't seem to get Meissiah's ending no matter what I try. Also there's a scene with Ceres with Liese and candle play that I can't seem to unlock.
The last ending is the Harem end; I am still testing that one.
For the armored mage chick, she has five places to gain influence, one at the beginning of the game where you're recruiting her (the option is to try to kill her or not I think, obviously one makes her happier), three are breeding (you get +1 at 5, 10, and 15 times), and the last is turning her into a mage (you get a choice after killing the snow lady, Yukine, one of them keeps her a fighter, the other turns her into a mage, turning her into a mage gets +1 with her). If you get all five, you get her final H-scene.
I agree that this is one game that should be translated into english. But with my notes hopefully a lot more people will be able to play enjoyably.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

*tears hair out* ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH

Well I finally recreated whatever happened when I was granted access to the path to the middle of the map. I'm not exactly sure how I did it, but last time I did, my game bugged out and I couldn't get to the end of the path before the credits rolled. This time, I'm there - and the game throws an error several times (same error every time), and when the battle is starting, CRASH. Eiyuu x Maou has encountered a problem and needs to close.

UGGGGHGHHHHH.

Can anybody at least tell me what this says? Seems like I'm missing a file somewhere but I have no idea how to find it, get it, fix it, whatever.

I googled everything I could think of in there, ev506.bmp, ACP Error Loadplane, everything came up with zero results except for when I only typed in "loadplane," which just gave me a bunch of websites with code.

Help please =\

Edit: If any of you are more computer-wiz than me, maybe this will help:

That's the list of all the files in the folder. The error is telling me that the file is missing from the 'gfx' folder, except that's a binary file and I'm not sure how to open a bin without it being some sort of CD image with a cue file. I tried mounting it with DT anyway, no dice.

Last edited:

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Uh... can't see any images.

Did you set the album they're in to be Private, or Public?

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Woops... sorry. Working now?