What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.20 (Updated April 23rd, 2016)

Ahhh, is that the case? In my latest playthrough, Sienna had gotten raped quite a bit, so that's probably the cause. The losses would number over 100 coins each time, sometimes getting close to 200. It sounds like it isn't actually a bug, though, but working as intended. Sorry, that was my mistake.
Well it is a bug, kinda. I just hadn't accounted for the numbers possibly going into the negative range. When Sienna is raped it lowers her spirit, which is obvious, but it also lowers a couple hidden values (her libido of whatever type of sex it was, and her tightness). The higher her spirit, libido, and tightness the more money she will get when she engages in prostitution.

I need to implement more ways to recover spirit. Libido increases whenever Sienna has non-rape sex. In the current version tightness doesn't recover, but will in future versions at a slow rate.

Aside from not being able to make any money from prostitution your current playthrough should still be viable when The Abyss is accessible, since Spirit and Tightness values will be reset after the time lapse.

... arena ...

... bartender's choice menu, ... latter increase her inebriation...
I might add an arena in The Abyss, or wait and add it at a much later stage in the game.

Hmm.. well Sienna handles her alcohol pretty well, so I wouldn't want to add intoxication just from being there.

Oh, my pleasure. I quite like your game. It's actually a little unusual that I don't see it brought up a lot in other places I frequent. Lack of exposure, I assume. I'll have to bring it up when I see an appropriate opportunity.
Thanks again. I am a bit surprised that it's not more popular than it is, but FSA does have some rather unusual elements that might be alienating some players. That, and the oft-tedious combat and some super difficult bosses found in The Abyss. I'm hoping to decrease the difficulty on some of those bosses though, and will probably completely change some others.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.21 (Updated April 24th, 2016)

Removing the passage of time and use of stamina from the intro sequence will go a long way, right now you have a fairly long stretch before getting anywhere and much of what you do in the intro has absolutely no effect or bearing on the Tower segment.

The very best option would be a debug npc that lets you skip to the tower, or just include a basic savefile for after the intro along with the rest of the files.

Light is another issue along with some others, for example the poor conditions for exploring the dungeon sections of the tower initially led me to believe I wasn't supposed to go there yet (Sienna gets killed rather easily and does absolutely no damage, with very limited mana up until you repair the stained glass and unlock some more)

The fact that Dillon blocks you from advancing on one of the paths also leads to some confusion and further belief that you're supposed to wait until a certain point to explore.

Lastly I'd really wish there was a more reliable way to get fish to feed the catgirl, the chances of getting it from the cook is really low apparently.

MetaSilver

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.20 (Updated April 23rd, 2016)

Thanks again. I am a bit surprised that it's not more popular than it is, but FSA does have some rather unusual elements that might be alienating some players. That, and the oft-tedious combat and some super difficult bosses found in The Abyss. I'm hoping to decrease the difficulty on some of those bosses though, and will probably completely change some others.
The stained glass window should help with the combat tedium. With the skill orbs you can currently get it's not too hard to get yourself some pretty decent stats like a nice MP pool for spells, for example. By the time you make it to the Abyss now you'd be in a much better position for combat than the old Sienna was.

I gotta' say, I wouldn't mind some of those Abyss bosses being a tad easier, though. I'd say they're already partially there since you don't die in a single hit anymore. I did like how unique they were, but they could be a bit frustrating, too.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.21 (Updated April 24th, 2016)

dillan left party do to turning into a monster. i went to pole dance. and left. then dilan said ok lets go. and is back in party normal Oo

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Removing the passage of time and use of stamina from the intro sequence will go a long way, right now you have a fairly long stretch before getting anywhere and much of what you do in the intro has absolutely no effect or bearing on the Tower segment.
I might do that. The day/night cycle when you're outside doesn't work very well anyway. The stamina costs I'm less keen on removing, since the reward for busting the rocks are pretty good.

The very best option would be a debug npc that lets you skip to the tower, or just include a basic savefile for after the intro along with the rest of the files.
I will probably include a save file at some point. I probably would have this time but I forgot about it.

Light is another issue along with some others, for example the poor conditions for exploring the dungeon sections of the tower initially led me to believe I wasn't supposed to go there yet (Sienna gets killed rather easily and does absolutely no damage, with very limited mana up until you repair the stained glass and unlock some more)
The fact that Dillon blocks you from advancing on one of the paths also leads to some confusion and further belief that you're supposed to wait until a certain point to explore.
I might try to include some expendable items at some point that will temporarily light up an area. It depends on a lot of factors though.

I would suggest avoiding most of the fights and just going straight for the bosses. If you do happen to bump into any monsters then Sienna should defend and let Dillon do all the work. The defend option reduces damage significantly, allowing her to live through some pretty serious blows. It's great for helping weaker characters survive so they don't lose out on exp.

Lastly I'd really wish there was a more reliable way to get fish to feed the catgirl, the chances of getting it from the cook is really low apparently.
It's a 20% chance each time. It's not too difficult, but I can see how a run of super bad luck could result in no fish. I'll make a note to include an alternate fish source.

The stained glass window should help with the combat tedium. With the skill orbs you can currently get it's not too hard to get yourself some pretty decent stats like a nice MP pool for spells, for example. By the time you make it to the Abyss now you'd be in a much better position for combat than the old Sienna was.
I'll probably be improving the stats of the old monsters, but they shouldn't be any more difficult than those you can fight while you're at the Tower.

I gotta' say, I wouldn't mind some of those Abyss bosses being a tad easier, though. I'd say they're already partially there since you don't die in a single hit anymore. I did like how unique they were, but they could be a bit frustrating, too.
I still haven't gotten around to changing any of them yet. I might leave the fire wizard alone (aside from changing the int orb into an upgrade orb). Nobody has ever complained about him. xD

dillan left party do to turning into a monster. i went to pole dance. and left. then dilan said ok lets go. and is back in party normal Oo
That happens in version 1.20 but "should" be fixed in 1.21.
It might be possible to quickly run to the gambler's den in 1.21, right after Dillon leaves the party. I should probably make players go to bed right after those events...

I'm not sure what problems he might cause, but if you want to get rid of him I would suggest going back to the gambler's den the next day and he shouldn't rejoin (if you have 1.21) when you leave.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I might do that. The day/night cycle when you're outside doesn't work very well anyway. The stamina costs I'm less keen on removing, since the reward for busting the rocks are pretty good.

I will probably include a save file at some point. I probably would have this time but I forgot about it.

I might try to include some expendable items at some point that will temporarily light up an area. It depends on a lot of factors though.

I would suggest avoiding most of the fights and just going straight for the bosses. If you do happen to bump into any monsters then Sienna should defend and let Dillon do all the work. The defend option reduces damage significantly, allowing her to live through some pretty serious blows. It's great for helping weaker characters survive so they don't lose out on exp.

It's a 20% chance each time. It's not too difficult, but I can see how a run of super bad luck could result in no fish. I'll make a note to include an alternate fish source.

I'll probably be improving the stats of the old monsters, but they shouldn't be any more difficult than those you can fight while you're at the Tower.

I still haven't gotten around to changing any of them yet. I might leave the fire wizard alone (aside from changing the int orb into an upgrade orb). Nobody has ever complained about him. xD

That happens in version 1.20 but "should" be fixed in 1.21.
It might be possible to quickly run to the gambler's den in 1.21, right after Dillon leaves the party. I should probably make players go to bed right after those events...

I'm not sure what problems he might cause, but if you want to get rid of him I would suggest going back to the gambler's den the next day and he shouldn't rejoin (if you have 1.21) when you leave.
oh its fine. :) i could use him to fight the bosses lmao xD

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm wondering if I should change some things about the fight with the fire wizard (first Dungeons boss) in The Abyss. The whole fight was set up like one long event where you basically have to avoid all the fireballs, flying statues, etc.. And at the end of it, the wizard accidentally kills himself with a combination of flying statue and teleportation error.

I'm considering redoing the whole thing. First, I would simply take his whole back room and set it on a different map. Probably put the spellbook on a table there. You couldn't get in this room, of course, until after you beat him.

Next, I'd make the whole room skinnier. More like a long hallway and with fewer statues. Instead of the limited dodging marathon I would change the statues such that they're slammed against the wall and then later reformed by the wizard, who then slams them against the opposite wall again. I'd probably have said wall as a gate or such, so the player couldn't pass but the wizard can noticeably stand behind it to reform and push the statue.

And of course the fireballs would be raining down from the top, like before. I could either have each hit damage the player's health or keep the insta-kill but with a retry option. The key to defeating him would be dodging his attacks while waiting for an opening to damage him.

Do these proposed changes sound good to you guys? I know some of you haven't played the older version (before The Tower was added), but feel free to comment on which version you think you'd like anyway. :)

The only problem with keeping the original version is that the fire elementals he summons can occasionally get in the way of flying statues, fireballs, etc.. which can screw things up and make the boss fight not end properly, even though you did everything right.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm wondering if I should change some things about the fight with the fire wizard (first Dungeons boss) in The Abyss. The whole fight was set up like one long event where you basically have to avoid all the fireballs, flying statues, etc.. And at the end of it, the wizard accidentally kills himself with a combination of flying statue and teleportation error.

I'm considering redoing the whole thing. First, I would simply take his whole back room and set it on a different map. Probably put the spellbook on a table there. You couldn't get in this room, of course, until after you beat him.

Next, I'd make the whole room skinnier. More like a long hallway and with fewer statues. Instead of the limited dodging marathon I would change the statues such that they're slammed against the wall and then later reformed by the wizard, who then slams them against the opposite wall again. I'd probably have said wall as a gate or such, so the player couldn't pass but the wizard can noticeably stand behind it to reform and push the statue.

And of course the fireballs would be raining down from the top, like before. I could either have each hit damage the player's health or keep the insta-kill but with a retry option. The key to defeating him would be dodging his attacks while waiting for an opening to damage him.

Do these proposed changes sound good to you guys? I know some of you haven't played the older version (before The Tower was added), but feel free to comment on which version you think you'd like anyway. :)

The only problem with keeping the original version is that the fire elementals he summons can occasionally get in the way of flying statues, fireballs, etc.. which can screw things up and make the boss fight not end properly, even though you did everything right.
you could just remove the elemental o.o keep it the way it is just without them o.o would that work better?

side note. the medical and normal visual views do they have a purpose under the character preview menu. like do they change or something Oo if not i would take ether or, or both out unless there a purpose to them like status viewing ><

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

you could just remove the elemental o.o keep it the way it is just without them o.o would that work better?
It would keep the event from getting stuck, etc.. but also make the fight extremely easy. You could just go stand at the bottom left, right, etc.. and wait for the fight to end.

I think I might have fixed the primary problem. I made the wizard ethereal, so he can't be prevented from ending his sequence now.

Should I remove all the statue debris, burning fires, etc.. after the fight is over? It's kinda unfortunate that you can still die after the fight is over. xP
I might leave them, but change it so that you can't die by interacting with them. At any rate I still need to implement a retry option.

side note. the medical and normal visual views do they have a purpose under the character preview menu. like do they change or something Oo if not i would take ether or, or both out unless there a purpose to them like status viewing ><
The vanity (I think that's what I called it) view has no purpose. Someone suggested a while back that I should replace it with a picture of Sienna and her children. It would be interesting to layer characters there as they are acquired. Alternatively, it could be a stance of Sienna with subtle changes in stance and facial expressions depending on her personality.

The medical view is there to show wounds, semen, etc.. I haven't implemented everything yet though, like semen in her anus, pregnancy showing, etc..
Someone on hongfire was supposed to do the fetus/pregnancy art for me, but all of a sudden they decided to stop replying to me.
Maybe I can eventually hire someone to do a better job on the art for all this stuff, unless the visual stuff there is something nobody is interested in?
I always enjoyed seeing the semen on/in their vagina in Violated Heroine.

I've also been thinking of replacing the vanity view with a map section. I'm not sure if a map section would work out, but it would be nice if I could implement something proper. I have no idea if I could get it to show where the player is at on the map, for example. It could show you which section you're in though, and where that is in relation to other sections you've discovered.

Last edited:

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It would keep the event from getting stuck, etc.. but also make the fight extremely easy. You could just go stand at the bottom left, right, etc.. and wait for the fight to end.

I think I might have fixed the primary problem. I made the wizard ethereal, so he can't be prevented from ending his sequence now.

Should I remove all the statue debris, burning fires, etc.. after the fight is over? It's kinda unfortunate that you can still die after the fight is over. xP
I might leave them, but change it so that you can't die by interacting with them. At any rate I still need to implement a retry option.

The vanity (I think that's what I called it) view has no purpose. Someone suggested a while back that I should replace it with a picture of Sienna and her children. It would be interesting to layer characters there as they are acquired. Alternatively, it could be a stance of Sienna with subtle changes in stance and facial expressions depending on her personality.

The medical view is there to show wounds, semen, etc.. I haven't implemented everything yet though, like semen in her anus, pregnancy showing, etc..
Someone on hongfire was supposed to do the fetus/pregnancy art for me, but all of a sudden they decided to stop replying to me.
Maybe I can eventually hire someone to do a better job on the art for all this stuff, unless the visual stuff there is something nobody is interested in?
I always enjoyed seeing the semen on/in their vagina in Violated Heroine.

I've also been thinking of replacing the vanity view with a map section. I'm not sure if a map section would work out, but it would be nice if I could implement something proper. I have no idea if I could get it to show where the player is at on the map, for example. It could show you which section you're in though, and where that is in relation to other sections you've discovered.
i like he visual art of your game :3 do NOT get discourage about this :) people love the game. the amount of posts shows it. not everyone will like it. doesn't mean others wont. if your able to get the art redone to show status effects. pregnancy and what not. i highly recommend doing so. if the funds permit it. someone on ulmf might be able to help you out. why not on hogfire is beyond me :eek: there also Deviant Art too. lot of talent on there. check furaffinity also for commissioned artists. try to find someone to help you.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think I'll try to commission some badly needed sprite sex for the game. There are just some styles that I can't find on the internet, now matter how hard I look. xD

I might have found a good artist with good prices but the cost might go up based on FSA being a commercial project (although it's kinda sorta not really commercial). Eh, we'll see. Hopefully they will be interested in the project and want the free advertising for doing art for FSA.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think I'll try to commission some badly needed sprite sex for the game. There are just some styles that I can't find on the internet, now matter how hard I look. xD

I might have found a good artist with good prices but the cost might go up based on FSA being a commercial project (although it's kinda sorta not really commercial). Eh, we'll see. Hopefully they will be interested in the project and want the free advertising for doing art for FSA.
i dont see why not. throw in free copys for them wouldn't hurt ether. keep serching : D i would offer BUT. LOL my talent is in 3-D rendering. not 2-D >< also i leave at home with my folks >.> least having to explain THAT would not go well >< LOL

MetaSilver

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Really, I think the old fire wizard fight is fine if you iron out the issues with it, like making sure the fight always ends properly and making it so you can't die after you win the fight. Whether you remove the fire and debris after the fight is over or not, it definitely shouldn't kill you, I think.

Really, the fight isn't very long, so the dying wasn't quite as bad as having to read the dialogue again. Granted, the dialogue wasn't very long either, but after a few times it can start to grate on your nerves. The retry option would be nice here.

Really, the fight just needs that little bit of tweaking.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Really, I think the old fire wizard fight is fine if you iron out the issues with it, like making sure the fight always ends properly and making it so you can't die after you win the fight. Whether you remove the fire and debris after the fight is over or not, it definitely shouldn't kill you, I think.

Really, the fight isn't very long, so the dying wasn't quite as bad as having to read the dialogue again. Granted, the dialogue wasn't very long either, but after a few times it can start to grate on your nerves. The retry option would be nice here.

Really, the fight just needs that little bit of tweaking.
I think I've already fixed all those, including a retry option that puts you just after the dialogue.

i dont see why not. throw in free copys for them wouldn't hurt ether. keep serching : D i would offer BUT. LOL my talent is in 3-D rendering. not 2-D >< also i leave at home with my folks >.> least having to explain THAT would not go well >< LOL
A little strap-on sex:

Hopefully I can find someone to do these things for me because I'm no good at it. xD Also, forgot Kendra's wings. >.>; But I can put them on later I guess.

I found a really good artist for still images but they might be too expensive (or even uninterested). I guess time will tell.
Some really good art would help the patreon page a lot.

Last edited:

MetaSilver

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think I've already fixed all those, including a retry option that puts you just after the dialogue.
Ah, yeah, I actually saw your Patreon post about that only after I made my own post. I had meant to go back and edit it but I got a little busy with something and it slipped my mind. So yes, everything's looking good.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah, yeah, I actually saw your Patreon post about that only after I made my own post. I had meant to go back and edit it but I got a little busy with something and it slipped my mind. So yes, everything's looking good.
No worries. I know I jump around a lot between posting on Patreon and here.

I've updated the dialogue for the fire wizard now too. There's 4 different ways Sienna can start out the dialogue now, based on her personality. There's still the other two variants later in the dialogue as well (revenge/not and have bible/not).

I changed the revenge variant to be based on her personality variable instead of a switch. It's still the same, really, but can be applied to more than just the thirst for revenge.

All the stuff at Kendra's palace is going to take a while to update. I've updated Kendra's dialogue a bit as well, but I haven't implemented an automated reply for when Sienna is heavily intoxicated. I'm not really sure if I should.. It might be best if the player always chooses when it comes to choices that directly affect Sienna's personality.

I don't want players to have to reload because of intoxication automatically building Sienna's personality a particular way. I would rather temptation and intoxication events to be more along the lines of -
(gotta go, might finish the post later)

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Maybe make it so that under normal circumstances you can choose what to do and doing so affects Sienna's personality, and being intoxicated limits how far you can diverge from her established personality based off of the severity of the intoxication. Say for example you have personalities 1, 2, 3 and 4 and you're playing with Sienna being personality 2 and you're slightly intoxicated, the next choice you get limits you to choosing between 1, 2 and 3, and being more heavily intoxicated would remove either 1 or 3 depending on which one you lean more towards already. Basically this would represent intoxicated Sienna not taking the time to deliberate and just jumps into whatever decision seems most appealing, not even considering the more counter-intuitive options.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Maybe make it so that under normal circumstances you can choose what to do and doing so affects Sienna's personality, and being intoxicated limits how far you can diverge from her established personality based off of the severity of the intoxication. Say for example you have personalities 1, 2, 3 and 4 and you're playing with Sienna being personality 2 and you're slightly intoxicated, the next choice you get limits you to choosing between 1, 2 and 3, and being more heavily intoxicated would remove either 1 or 3 depending on which one you lean more towards already. Basically this would represent intoxicated Sienna not taking the time to deliberate and just jumps into whatever decision seems most appealing, not even considering the more counter-intuitive options.
That could work with more choices, but it works more like this:
Scenario 1: A or B
Scenario 2: A or B

If the player picks A for scenario 1, then B for Scenario 2, then they get a completely different personality trait than if they chose B and then A. Same with AA and BB.

While a drunk Sienna would always choose AA or BB, that wouldn't actually be determining her personality since she was drunk at the time (for example, someone who gets drunk and sleeps with a stranger isn't necessarily promiscuous, although the action at the time was).

I'll probably try and ensure that Sienna isn't drunk when it comes time to make these decisions, but even if she is.. it won't influence it.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i like he visual art of your game :3 do NOT get discourage about this :) people love the game. the amount of posts shows it. not everyone will like it. doesn't mean others wont. if your able to get the art redone to show status effects. pregnancy and what not. i highly recommend doing so. if the funds permit it. someone on ulmf might be able to help you out. why not on hogfire is beyond me :eek: there also Deviant Art too. lot of talent on there. check furaffinity also for commissioned artists. try to find someone to help you.
I've been browsing furaffinity a bit. I'm guessing that website is exclusively for furry stuff, so I shouldn't take it that the artists can only draw furry stuff. :p
Some of them seem pretty good. I might send them an email and ask if they're still taking commissions, and if they can do non-furry stuff.

I also browsed Deviant Art a bit too. Problem is, I'm terribly picky and the best artists are either always backed up on commissions, super pricey, or both.
$50 for one drawing seems like a LOT of cash, especially if that's the starting price (and doesn't take into account commercial use, which they usually charge 2x or 3x as much for).

I think I need to stop checking into this stuff though. It's terribly taxing on my time and I get too involved with it. I need to just be patient and work on FSA and hope an artist comes
along that is passionate about working on FSA with me.

Last edited:

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

I do not know but I found myself hating this game. A story where you watch your daughter killed in front of you and you do not fight back. A game that is almost every screen is dark.. ugg.. this game is just too dark to see and too depressing. I lost interest in it the moment she just gave up and watched her daughter killed. I hate bad stories and this is one.