What's new

ACT [ BouSoft] XSOULSIA / 狭魔城エクソルシア RE116584 RJ116584

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The creator of 小悪魔アリスの家/koakuma/In the House of Little Devil Alice has created a new game.

! click image for link to dlsite !

screenshots(click for larger images):

Tips:
Tip 1 : While playing Bouman's games, press F1 for instructions on hotkeys during gameplay.
Tip 2 : Using the "fullscreen +graphics card" mode can enhance graphics and FPS (depending entirely on your graphics card AND its settings)
Tip 3 : NUBPAD+ to zoom in! (and NUMPAD-to zoom out....)
Pretty standard metroidvania. Bumble around searching for upgrades and bosses. Only bosses have CGs, all enemies have H-animations.

NO LINKS DUE TO LOLI

Translation thread here!

Last edited by a moderator:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Flash? アクション/xsoulsia/Narrow Magic Castle Ekusorushia

Oh nevermind. It always confused me why they put the price tag up before it's even out yet. Release date is "Late June". The art looks good anyways. I wish there were some screenshots though.

My opinions from trial:

Hmm well it was made in Flash. The art itself is good but the animation is extremely clunky. It has an item and weapon system. The only H so far I've seen is with the goblin spear thrower you find a couple levels in. The controls are okay but awkward because of the animations. I think there's some magic system but I don't know how to use it or it's not implemented yet or something. The star effects on attack or running or jumping is overdone and should probably be toned down or replaced. The voice is okay, it's repeated a bit much but better than most.

You can change positions on the H animation which is cool, they're okay. There's a cumshot and they last a while and can be repeated. They kind of lack any intensity or rhythm though. You take clothing damage after a while but it's before your hp naturally runs out from damage (Most your items are HP restores so you have to use a few of these before you lose your shirt).

Not sure if I'd play the full version of this. I think maybe the creator should have used this to practice game making and improve and then released a game later. They certainly have the art down and the idea isn't bad. They just really need to work on animations (Jumping/air movement and walking/running especially) and making things more dynamic, I guess would be the way to put it. I'm sure if they worked more on the animation this would be a much better game. Animating is hard man... lol.

Last edited:

MajinLuffy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The heroine animation is way too crappy. Walking and running looks...bad...really bad o_O
The mechanics...are weird...I can see a lot of potential for frustration, though maybe it's just because it's a demo.
The scenes look decent enough, and using the goblin as an example maybe there will be more interesting enemies. Still, not worth the price he will probably ask for it =/

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It also examines the location where it is not the girl meets XD

OP
B00marrows

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As of version 2 of the trial is out!

(also updated/fixed OP)

JonathanCS

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Flash? アクション/xsoulsia/Narrow Magic Castle Ekusorushia (trial V2 out now)

trial is now on dlsite dlsite.com/maniax/announce/=/product_id/RJ116584.html

OP
B00marrows

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Flash? アクション/xsoulsia/Narrow Magic Castle Ekusorushia (trial V2 out now)

trial is now on dlsite dlsite.com/maniax/announce/=/product_id/RJ116584.html
there was already a link to that, but whatever....

OP
B00marrows

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Flash] アクション/xsoulsia/Narrow Magic Castle Ekusorushia (trial V2.1 out now!)

Trial version 2.1 available! updated op with screenshots!

KazukaShano

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Flash] アクション/xsoulsia/Narrow Magic Castle Ekusorushia (trial V2.1 out now!)

Trial version 2.1 available! updated op with screenshots!
Is it just me or the FPS is always flying up and down from 15 to 30 regardless of Quality :/ ...

OP
B00marrows

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is it just me or the FPS is always flying up and down from 15 to 30 regardless of Quality :/ ...
i tryed everything.
running the swf in:
1. chroam = HORRIBLE performance, below 5fps all the time.
2. in a flash projector - normal screen 15-30 fps fluctuating.
3. in a flash projector - full screen with gpu(f2) = locked at 30 fps, BUT image quality drops (i dont know why...)
4. in flash projector -full screen(f3) = locked at 30 fps all the time, looks awsome!
and the .EXE has same effects as running the flash projector.

Reputation score

The heroine animation is way too crappy. Walking and running looks...bad...really bad o_O
The mechanics...are weird...I can see a lot of potential for frustration, though maybe it's just because it's a demo.
The scenes look decent enough, and using the goblin as an example maybe there will be more interesting enemies. Still, not worth the price he will probably ask for it =/
That's about what I would expect from what both looks like(from the main image) and sounds like a crappy rip off of Repure Aria, if you don't mind me saying. I hope he at least tries to use more of what he might be known for(whatever that is). Either way, I don't feel like even trying out the trial and probably won't bother with the main game.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

i tryed everything.
running the swf in:
1. chroam = HORRIBLE performance, below 5fps all the time.
2. in a flash projector - normal screen 15-30 fps fluctuating.
3. in a flash projector - full screen with gpu(f2) = locked at 30 fps, BUT image quality drops (i dont know why...)
4. in flash projector -full screen(f3) = locked at 30 fps all the time, looks awsome!
and the .EXE has same effects as running the flash projector.
More or less curious what CPU power people were using to play the game to get that kind of fps problems. (or using laptop?)

Didn't have any fps issues (even in chrome) playing the game.
Very large game pic

n/m found the save finally o_O

Last edited:
OP
B00marrows

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

More or less curious what CPU power people were using to play the game to get that kind of fps problems. (or using laptop?)

Didn't have any fps issues (even in chrome) playing the game.
Very large game pic

n/m found the save finally o_O
flash has always had issues with using multi core cpu's, and fps seems to fluctuate at the start of a level when all the enemy's are running about. but only when im in normal windowed mode.

But how the hell do i get better fps in full screen? while in full screen ( after pressing f3) the game locks at 30 fps!

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

if you press F3 is even worse then you have 6 FPs. XD

And I also have no lappi.

And it is not because people have the dual core that is wrong is the turn that was all the flash on ner resolution of 800x 600 run and everything about it never improved.

Can only advise you on the game resolution down and then full screen.
Then it should go smoothly.

You should just go once to flash info page it says the flash program but not the only way to fix errors on ne economically built on higher resolution.

Can compared to the RPGs to have to play better to build one better use RTP program which had some limits.

Super Game Protector now goes with me no more liquid flash game

MUST just find yourself with a shock that not even what brings resolution down to for at'm not much still 10-17 fps

Last edited:

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

ah yeah I am using a high end cpu (neither of you mentioned your cpu though yet...!)

Only lag I got (using exe one) is during the start, because of the fade effects, rest the game is 30fps+
chrome does better for me, because chrome uses GPU acceleration probably.

(make sure chromes gpu acceleration is turned on, it helps a great amount reducing cpu usage for the game)

Last edited:
OP
B00marrows

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

to put it simply, i have a $1000+ laptop.

its an msi gx60:
CPU : amd A10-4600m quad core
GPU : Amd Radeon HD 7970M - 2GB GDDR5

only thing i have ever seen drop fps is flash. i use GPU acceleration in both chroam AND flash.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

ah yeah that would be the problem then, laptop cpu power (mostly the cpu) and graphic capability are pretty much not made to do much.

Flash is pretty much mostly all CPU powered based for many of the things it does (like fading, attack calculations , etc etc) can see why its causing problems, or will if theirs fade intensive usage in the game.

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score

WUT?
Tested on intel core i3 with onboard video, 60 fps.

graysock

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The A10 doesn't even come close to a i3.. its more celeron league...

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

"core i3" doesn't say much, theirs about 10+ different "i3's" ┓(´_`)┏

Theirs several i3's faster then then amd A10-4600m quad core and several slower.

I did post a list, listing a few hundred CPU's for comparison. The resolution you play at can also be a big factor in your fps.