What's new

Twin Star - (T)wincest dating-sim RPG *09/23/17*

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Twin Star - (T)wincest dating-sim RPG *02/07/17*

Look. I was giving objective feedback from playing your game. I played for about 30 minutes on both the brothers and sister's storylines and noticed multiple fatal errors that crash the game. This is tech version 6? So you had 5 versions before this? Having this many unexplained fatal crashes for so little available content is a total joke as a programmer.

Here's what I noticed, you have several locations that aren't even able to be accessed. You can only enter "Home" and "The Rear End" and then all the others have "WIP" when you try to enter them. So 2 locations out of 14, that's like 1/7th of the total locations finished which is 14.2%? Okay, so that clearly shows as of your 6th tech demo, you have next to nothing implemented in the game. Generally speaking, you have ONE tech demo to show your idea and present it to the world and show people you have the skill and talent that is worth supporting. After your first tech demo, you start doing version updates 0.1 or 0.11 (whatever style you like to use) When you are at a version 1.0 that denotes your game is a complete version and anything afterwards is extras and addons so versions 1.01 or version 1.1 would have more content that version 1.0. You've done 6 tech demos and you have these fatal crashes and let me repeat, no content.

In the Rear End with the sister, you can have her change clothes and do a waitress minigame that is bugged and broken. I played it several times and even though I had drinks that were clearly marked for customer 11, though I was standing on top of customer 11 and clicking him hundreds of times, it would not register even though other customers drinks would work. After I was unable to serve customer 11, NONE of the other customers registered their drinks. Then I clicked to go "Home" because there's NOTHING ELSE TO DO BECAUSE YOUR GAME HAS LESS THAN 14% CONTENT and as soon as I clicked to "Home" the game fatal crashed. So please don't blame that on me the user. I clicked the ONLY PLACE AVAILABLE TO ME and YOUR GAME because of your lack of programming skill crashed.

Oh and I forgot to mention the first thing you get to do in game is click on the door to your parents room and you get a message that reads "Our parents are not ready yet! Please support the game on paetron to speed up the development". That's a shameless plug for a game that isn't worth supporting at this point. So kudos to you for having the balls to beg for money there.

So after having the sister skip the minigame and gaining $25 on the first day, any time I try to talk to Mercedes again, she blocks the path and doesn't talk to me. It looks like sometimes I can talk to the stripper, Candice, and get some friendship points... but not much else other than skip time on the bed or the couch in the house. So please when I say your game has nothing to offer. maybe you should try listening. Because I certainly have demonstrated why I clearly have a decent image of what a game should be before asking for money. And if I say your game is unplayable, maybe instead of getting offended and combative, instead you should look at your game and try to figure out what is causing the problems.

At this point between the bring repeating skip time events, nothing happens at all.

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Look. I was giving objective feedback from playing your game. I played for about 30 minutes on both the brothers and sister's storylines and noticed multiple fatal errors that crash the game. This is tech version 6? So you had 5 versions before this? Having this many unexplained fatal crashes for so little available content is a total joke as a programmer.

Here's what I noticed, you have several locations that aren't even able to be accessed. You can only enter "Home" and "The Rear End" and then all the others have "WIP" when you try to enter them. So 2 locations out of 14, that's like 1/7th of the total locations finished which is 14.2%? Okay, so that clearly shows as of your 6th tech demo, you have next to nothing implemented in the game. Generally speaking, you have ONE tech demo to show your idea and present it to the world and show people you have the skill and talent that is worth supporting. After your first tech demo, you start doing version updates 0.1 or 0.11 (whatever style you like to use) When you are at a version 1.0 that denotes your game is a complete version and anything afterwards is extras and addons so versions 1.01 or version 1.1 would have more content that version 1.0. You've done 6 tech demos and you have these fatal crashes and let me repeat, no content.

In the Rear End with the sister, you can have her change clothes and do a waitress minigame that is bugged and broken. I played it several times and even though I had drinks that were clearly marked for customer 11, though I was standing on top of customer 11 and clicking him hundreds of times, it would not register even though other customers drinks would work. After I was unable to serve customer 11, NONE of the other customers registered their drinks. Then I clicked to go "Home" because there's NOTHING ELSE TO DO BECAUSE YOUR GAME HAS LESS THAN 14% CONTENT and as soon as I clicked to "Home" the game fatal crashed. So please don't blame that on me the user. I clicked the ONLY PLACE AVAILABLE TO ME and YOUR GAME because of your lack of programming skill crashed.

Oh and I forgot to mention the first thing you get to do in game is click on the door to your parents room and you get a message that reads "Our parents are not ready yet! Please support the game on paetron to speed up the development". That's a shameless plug for a game that isn't worth supporting at this point. So kudos to you for having the balls to beg for money there.

So after having the sister skip the minigame and gaining $25 on the first day, any time I try to talk to Mercedes again, she blocks the path and doesn't talk to me. It looks like sometimes I can talk to the stripper, Candice, and get some friendship points... but not much else other than skip time on the bed or the couch in the house. So please when I say your game has nothing to offer. maybe you should try listening. Because I certainly have demonstrated why I clearly have a decent image of what a game should be before asking for money. And if I say your game is unplayable, maybe instead of getting offended and combative, instead you should look at your game and try to figure out what is causing the problems.

At this point between the bring repeating skip time events, nothing happens at all.
ok I don't even know where to begin to explain anything to you because you are apparently an expert on how things go and have to be done

so you basically talking trash about my skills and the game based on one crash you experienced. yet you still have not given me anything to work with like a crash report or a screenshot of that fatal crash.

the next thing is that you obviously didn't figure out how the minigame works because you tried to serve a drink to a customer that waited too long for his drink and doesnt want it anymore... that's why you can't give it to him anymore. but yeah, just blame it on my programming skills

and the thing with the map. congratz to your math skills for calculating that percentage, good job! that map was introduced in this version to show people what's going to come.

btw what the heck do you think I'm doing all day long? picking my nose? no I'm working on the game and yes I try to figure out why Mercedes is bugged and let you do the job only once and I would gladly try to figure out why your game crashes but so far you have given me nothing but false accusations and since I can't replicate the crash on my system I'd need something to work with from your side

but hey what to expect from people... I can't assume that you would take the time to go to my dev-blog and inform yourself about possible crashes, no, instead you just rant on about it here

oh and thanks for the lesson about game version numbering, who would have thought that 1.0 is the "final" version...duh

I'm really not sure why you came here picking on my game and/or my skills... did it not satisfy your need for incest brother-sister love that you have to go talk smack about it?

and I really don't get your whole argument about me asking for support for this project... did I force you to pay me anything? I don't recall you being on my Patrons list unless you used a different profile name so where does all the hate come from?

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the new techDemo 0.6.2 is now available for
it features a new scene (50 CGI) with Lena and Tamara

the release schedule looks like this:
  • T3 Patrons: 03/07/2017
  • public: 03/14/2017

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Twin Star - (T)wincest dating-sim RPG *02/28/17*

I'm pleased to see work is progressing on this steadily.
But can I ask both of you to calm down?
Nytemare is a very blunt person most of the time so I can understand that you feel like he's attacking you personally.
You also accused me of "complaining" when I pointed out that advertising that you can control Lena when that option wasn't currently implemented. It was contradictory. I felt you should have put it in a "planned features" list or some such. I don't mind playing a Male MC but love being given the option. You deserve credit on following through on that.
Please try to be a little more thick-skinned about what some people tell you. Reacting aggressively only serves to create more aggression, and it's better to nip it at the bud as soon as is possbile. I think that's what Mr. Awesome was trying to tell you.

I also understand that you may not have experienced any such problems in testing before release, but that doesn't mean that absolutely can't happen. You've said yourself that you wrote the engine (or some words to that effect) and patch builds are for the purpose of fixing bugs that developers don't catch. (See backwards-flying dragons in skyrim for a hilarious omisssion of testing)

Personally, it never crashed on me, but that's only from one user. The only niggle I came across is that I could activate the waitress mini game once (0.6.1).

Nytemare, the reason all those locations are unavailable is because the map system was only recently introduced and because Panda wanted to show us how many locations are currently planned for. I feel they're there as "hotspot" click locations so it's better to place them and work on the actual content for them later.

I was initially dismayed too, but quickly got over it.

One questing, Panda: When will this move from TechDemo into Beta or even Alpha?

Last edited:
OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

One questing, Panda: When will this move from TechDemo into Beta or even Alpha?
Alpha stage will be reached once the game engine is somewhat completed
(you can classify techDemo as pre-alpha)

the point at which I will call it Beta would requiere completed game engine and content where all that's left to do is bughunting.

for those who get confused by alpha/beta, check the official classification from ;)

also a common misconception seems to be that version numbering has ANYTHING todo with progress and that after 0.9 comes 1.0
both is wrong in terms of assuming that the game is half done just because my version is 0.5 or higher :rolleyes:

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

public release for techDemo 0.6.2 is online!
download the game files

:D

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the two characters starring in the next scene will be Lena and Candice!

the planned techDemo 0.6.3 release window for T4 and T5 Patrons will be the last week of March

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the release dates for the next version techDemo 0.6.3 are set:

• T4 and T5 Patrons will get access on 03/30/17
  • T3 Patrons will get access on 04/06/17
  • public release will be on 04/13/17

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

it's time for early access the new version!

I fixed some bugs regarding the job minigame so it is now possible to work more than once per day (but not at evening or night)

to trigger the new scene with Candice and Lena (30 CGI) you first need to pay Candice for a show (at the left pole) and then offer Mercedes your help so you get access to the backroom area where you need to talk to Candice to start the scene!

T4 and T5 Patrons can download the new version

T3 Patrons will get access in one week (04/06/17) and the public release for this version will be on 04/13/17!

Preview:

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

it's time again for a public release!
techDemo 0.6.3 is here and you can get it from

so what's inside?

I fixed some bugs regarding the job minigame so it is now possible to work more than once per day (but not at evening or night)

to trigger the new scene with Candice and Lena (30 CGI) you first need to pay Candice for a show (at the left pole) and then offer Mercedes your help so you get access to the backroom area where you need to talk to Candice to start the scene!

you can read more on the new release and news on development here at .

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Twin Star - (T)wincest dating-sim RPG *04/13/17*

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

check out the new poll to name the new male classmate over at

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

new animation test result is very promising for future game content, check out the news

Last edited:
OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Twin Star - (T)wincest dating-sim RPG *09/09/17*

techDemo 0.7 is here!
go check out the release info over

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
new feature announcement

check out for the new upcoming "Foto Mode" feature scheduled for techDemo 0.7.1

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

4k renders incoming (2160p)
check out this about the upcoming quality improvement for the game

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Twin Star is getting an audio engine upgrade with the next techDemo version (0.7.1)
check out the track list and other related info in

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Cat ear headphones? I want those... *dies of sugar shock*

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Cat ear headphones? I want those... *dies of sugar shock*
:D ya it was a tough choice between these

and those

has so many cool styles to choose from

and luckily it is on discount right now (-60%) so it was perfect timing for the audio upgrade

OP
PandaPenguin

PandaPenguin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

techDemo 0.7 public release is live! go get the download