What's new

Cyber Lily, a Rockman inspired 2D platformer

E

erobotan

So i'm trying to make a 2D platformer this time since everyone seems to this genre ... the game is inspired by Rockman/Megaman because everyone seems to like that game ...

Here are some of the characters:

Here is a of the 1st stage.

And to follow everyone's suggestion here is the page for Cyber Lily, please vote and thanks a lot!

Currently there is no H in it yet, I'm still working on it. I hope you guys like it, and click my signature for my Patreon!

Last edited by a moderator:

damonkiller

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Cyber Lily, a Rockman inspired 2D platformer

Wow that video make me miss Rockman X

Nice work as always, I will cheer you up

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Getting Megaman X vibes from this, to the point where the intro stage music from the first game just started playing in my head from watching the video.

Anyhow, looks good so far.

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

lol , there is Ateliar Tia cameo , hahaha~
It looks good!!

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Looks fun!

NDgier

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yes! I am actually looking forward to this. :D

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Need that charge-shot and hidden armor from Megaman-X bro!

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Hmm, I'm a bit concerned as to you using the phrase "because everyone seems to like this" twice in your first post. Do you personally like these genres? I think it's better to do games you like the idea of instead of just whatever seems the most popular...

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Can't lie. This looks good.

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So i'm trying to make a 2D platformer this time since everyone seems to this genre ...
I don't know if that is true. If you look at english Patreons the text + images games and 3D "sex simulators" does far better.

If you look at dlsite sales only Kyrieru's games did decent. Mind you dlsite takes like >50% commission so if you look at actual earning its still nowhere near the big Patreons.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Anyone else noticed that he kinda dropped off the face of the earth in January?
I think the dude has very little motivation or might be losing his interest in projects, I don't know.

I think I read something about him being able to focus more on games now that he plans on stopping monthly animations (yeah right, they were like, quarterly animations at best) on Patreon.

He'll bounce back. Just don't know if his stuff will be as hype as we remember.

OP
E

erobotan

lol , there is Ateliar Tia cameo , hahaha~
It looks good!!
There is also other cameo but it's in a tall building, have to jump to see it (i forgot to jump in that video >.<)
Getting Megaman X vibes from this, to the point where the intro stage music from the first game just started playing in my head from watching the video.

Anyhow, looks good so far.
Megaman X is one of my reference when making this stage, watched the playthrough in youtube tons of times! I played the game when i was still in high school .. i was so good with platformer back then, how time changes x__X.

I want to make this one looks like Megaman X 1 & 3 opening movies (i don't know if megaman x 2 has opening movie or not .. never see that one), that's why the charged shot is a straight long laser instead of big energy ball. Ideally there should be electricity emitted around the laser but i have difficulty programming it. It also why we have rolling instead of dashing (don't worry you can dash after you get the hidden armor).
Will it have the Heroine gaining the powers of the Bosses?
Yup!
Need that charge-shot and hidden armor from Megaman-X bro!
there is already charged shot here (i used it several times in the video) but currently there is no charging needed, as long as you have enough energy (energy recharges automatically) then just push the button to shoot it. I can't really tell if it's fun or not ... will need everyone's feedback when a demo is ready!

yes there will be armor too!
Hmm, I'm a bit concerned as to you using the phrase "because everyone seems to like this" twice in your first post. Do you personally like these genres? I think it's better to do games you like the idea of instead of just whatever seems the most popular...
I need money. Passion can't feed me T__T.
I don't know if that is true. If you look at english Patreons the text + images games and 3D "sex simulators" does far better.

If you look at dlsite sales only Kyrieru's games did decent. Mind you dlsite takes like >50% commission so if you look at actual earning its still nowhere near the big Patreons.
well, i can't do 3D and too busy to learn it .. so i'm making this one. My patreon is less than 300$ lol ... so DLSite Japan sales is much better ...

Reputation score

"Passion can't feed me."

Trust me, it will be better if you're doing something you want to do. Otherwise you'll lose interest fast and either hate it or even abandon it down the line.

Though, if you're at least ok with doing this game, then yea, go for it and do your passion projects when you have more resources to work with.

Last edited:

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Yup!

there is already charged shot here (i used it several times in the video) but currently there is no charging needed, as long as you have enough energy (energy recharges automatically) then just push the button to shoot it. I can't really tell if it's fun or not ... will need everyone's feedback when a demo is ready!
She will receive new power from female bosses by yuri-H and absorb power through her pussy :p

In my opinion, I like holding button for charging but have to test game first.

Building with Tia's image is the most beautiful building in video :D

You shouldn't compare to all genre because each dev can do or interesting only some genre.
But if count only H-action game genre, action platformer is the most popular :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I need money. Passion can't feed me T__T.
Have you considered making non ACT H-games? Think about how much more work there is to make animated characters compared to stills. And it's not like there is a huge demand for ACT H-games. So it may be wiser to make something thats easier to do and use the "saved" time for polishing/content/watever.

But of course, if making ACT H-games is your thing then by all means go for it.

You shouldn't compare to all genre because each dev can do or interesting only some genre.
But if count only H-action game genre, action platformer is the most popular :rolleyes:
If you can make an ACT game there is no reason why you can't make games of other genre. Now, if you are only interested in making ACT games, then its a different story.

Action Platformer have the most titles because it is the easiest to make. Just like why there are lots of RPGMaker games. Unfortunately from what I can tell it also got a somewhat bad reputation.

Last edited:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Have you considered making non ACT H-games? Think about how much more work there is to make animated characters compared to stills. And it's not like there is a huge demand for ACT H-games. So it may be wiser to make something thats easier to do and use the "saved" time for polishing/content/watever.

But of course, if making ACT H-games is your thing then by all means go for it.
there IS a huge demand for act H games...
people are tired of rpgmaker stuff for the most part.

OP
E

erobotan

Trust me, it will be better if you're doing something you want to do. Otherwise you'll lose interest fast and either hate it or even abandon it down the line.
I've released two games, Princess' Edge and Blitz Angel Spica. So you don't have to worry about that ^^
She will receive new power from female bosses by yuri-H and absorb power through her pussy :p

In my opinion, I like holding button for charging but have to test game first.

Building with Tia's image is the most beautiful building in video :D
Oooh! Receiving power after sex sounds good, I'll try to find a way to get it implemented! I'll probably use this method for the boss who guard the new armor :D !

The reason why I switch to this autocharging method is because I'm lazy when it comes to repeatedly pushing buttons to do normal shot. So I want to just hold the button and she will keep shooting. And as a result the charging method have to change.

And glad you love your building XD !
Well, Kyrieru and Hentai Writer are making huge money of it. Some JP games like Love a Lab (or is it live a lab?), Unholy Sanctuary, Iris Action, Samurai Sacrament, Parasite in City, Demon Sperm, etc also pretty popular

I don't like making games where the majority of pics are still images or the gameplay is very simplistc T__T ... the development process is going to be very boring >.<

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Have you considered making non ACT H-games? Think about how much more work there is to make animated characters compared to stills. And it's not like there is a huge demand for ACT H-games.
Yup. More RPGMAKER games with nothing but the same still images you can just get off any hentai site, please. I mean, I could just google image search for the images, but sitting through an hour's slog through moonrunes and pointless fetch quests to be rewarded with a picture of a censored tit just makes that sole, censored tit all the sweeter.

Last edited:

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

From the trailer, I guess no grab moves yet?