What's new

ACT [SMAVERICK] Virus Z 2 RE196617 RJ196617

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplyDex

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Don't know if this game has been posted yet, but yea it came out today. Looks like a new game from SMAVERICK. Didn't see this coming. Judging from the video, the game looks decent and a little more polished compared to the first game. I honestly like this character design more than the first one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [SMAVERICK] (RJ196617) Virus Z 2

I honestly like this character design more than the first one.
Huh, can't disagree with you there. The video available does show some improvement so it could be worth a shot.

Aozaki

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's pretty much similar gameplay to Virus Z, with slightly improved controls and slightly better animation. Some animations are reused from the first game as well as some enemies that pair up with these animations, but mostly 2 at that.

Also I don't think you've noticed but it's like the game art is done by 4-5 different artists. You'd have all these game over CGs looking exactly like it was done in Virus Z 1 with the lack of smooth frames, and then you'd have these 2 game over CGs that look like they were done smoother with a different artist using Adobe Effects or something.

Did I also mention the voice acting is still mediocre?It's a mediocre game, but a better one than anything else crappy coming out right now.

On another note, how do you get the special animated CGs like the ones in the first game with the nurse outfit and things. They hint at stuff to get but where to get them is the question.

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Well this is a surprise to me since their blog had 3 months of no updates until very recently. It looked like they were preview sprites and thought the game was still a long way off.

Looks like it's pretty much a reskin of the previous game as others have said. Though I don't get how the developers look at the low frame rates and think it's ok. Perhaps I'm missing something since I don't know anything about animating, but shouldn't it be fairly simple to add a few frames in between?

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

That's Mai Shiranui's pose right? Did the author draw over her standing sprites or something?

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

That's Mai Shiranui's pose right? Did the author draw over her standing sprites or something?
Yes, it's Mai in kunoichi outfit :p

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Judging from the video, the rolling boulders (and barrels) are back. Also yuri fans will be disappointed there seems to be none.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Seeing as how I'm trying out the first Virus Z right now and noticed that they blatantly ripped off Parasite in City, I'm not surprised if that's the case.

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Seeing as how I'm trying out the first Virus Z right now and noticed that they blatantly ripped off Parasite in City, I'm not surprised if that's the case.
It's either rip off / one of the team that make a new circle

IIRC . one of curecure (the maker of Fighting Girl Sakura) first demo (Hibari)
Have Parasite in City logo (Pixel Factory) on it's demo

Only the Dev of PIC (Pixel Factory) gone MIA~

WhiteKnight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The anatomy here just really pisses me off
Even more so than all the assets the author tends to lift from other sources

Mr. Bigshot

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The anatomy here just really pisses me off
Even more so than all the assets the author tends to lift from other sources
what do you mean? o:

and what assets are lifted?

Last edited:

WhiteKnight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

what do you mean? o:

Just try to contort your body into whatever position that is if you don't understand what I mean.

Lifting assets may not have been the most accurate term I could've used for this, but the first game was a shameless ripoff of Parasite in City. In this game, just from the preview trailer I can see that her idle animation is just a traced over sprite of Mai Shiranui's from SNK.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

what do you mean? o:

Virus Z was VERY close to being a complete rip off of Parasite in City. As a matter of fact, the character itself is directly copied from PiC. Pixel Factory could sue SMAVERICK for copyright if PiC was copyrighted.

I remember first opening Virus Z and just immediately thinking, "This is just a janky Parasite in City, and not even a good one." Virus Z was very buggy and didn't have the polish it desperately needed, so I really don't have high hopes for it's sequel. Hell, the gameplay style isn't even new. A linear sidescroller where you have a limited amount of ranged attacks but unlimited melee and getting raped drains your health? Try every KoooonSoft game ever or even LineMarvel's Demon Girl. At least Demon Girl has an excuse for looking like crap because it's old as shit.

I am not insulting Demon Girl, I'm insulting Virus Z. Demon Girl is one of the many benchmarks of h-gaming history that many still look up to and I respect that.

Last edited:

Rsync

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Not even a parody tag? Really now.

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Something I noticed after a quick playthrough:

-Jumping has been improved.
-Less boulder-spam (except the final stage. But getting hit by a boulder is less painful than getting hit by the mob in the last stage).

-The melee attack is near useless: short range but slow startup, it also seems to have lower priority than many enemy's attacks so they will usually hit you first if you choose to go melee. The crouching and air versions are even worse with both slow startup and dumb hitbox.
-Enemy has no hitstun, making some of them really annoying to deal with (saucer thingy for example).
-One of the gameover CG is NEAR IDENTICAL to Fighting Girl Sakura-r's. More sign of plagiarism in this game.

Last edited:

Rayzeroa

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I didn't mind the first one because i found the sexual acts more interesting and yuri cough cough. But this is just boring...and honestly I think it feels more clunky than 1.

Any guesses on what theme he will rip for 3? xD

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I found this tougher than the first one, mainly because the last boss can't be cheesed to death like the first one. Otherwise I like the animations even if that's the only thing this game has going for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.