What's new

[WIP - Full] Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score
H-Game Thread: Princess Sacrifice

WIP Translation Download:

Making this thread to keep track of progress. If I make any more updates or hit a dead-end and need help with something, I'll let you all know.

There's multiple downloads available, so please follow this quote:
(There were some name changes and the main game was removed from the link, but the instructions still apply.)
Eng UI Translation - The main game, done by the previous translator. This set only has the UI translated into English. Everything else is in Japanese. (This version of the game is important. Always use this as the base)
PS Files (Date) - Has all the English translated data, as of 17-05-2017.
Nameplates - Files, used to display the names of NPCs in English during conversations. (This is included with the PS Files zip folder)

You'll need to combine these to create the current up-to-date build.
Eng UI Translation (Main game) + Princess Sacrifice Files (Latest Date) = Current version.
Just grab the files from the zip folder and drop them into the game folder with the .exe (Overwrite the old files) and the nameplates into the other folder (Also overwrite the old files) and you're good!
(EDIT: I had to take some precautions and rename all the files. The main game has been removed from the folder, which is unfortunate, but it's easy to find Ver.1.07 with a UI-patch on the net. Please visit Discord for the link.)

For those who are having font issues where letters are spaced out, please use the link below. Be sure to follow the quote.
Text Fix Download:
Just put the stuff inside the text fix folder in the same directory as your exe is and overwrite. Note that you're stuck with one font in the game after installing this.
Credit goes to user Crispin for providing a fix.

A Decent Guide
As with any given age on any complex work, attrition gets the better of us. So to ensure Princess Sacrifice's translation lives on in some way, a quick guide has been written. We can all hope this game lives to see the light of a full translation. :D
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=882760&postcount=228

Discord Chat
Join the chat~! It'll make communicating much easier.

Mod Edit as mega link is down:

You can download the latest translation as xml files by going to " ," clicking on the tab directly to the right of "History" and "Find file," and selecting "Download this directory." Then you need to convert the xml files to lsb files using the directions found in README.md, and use them to replace the lsb files in your Princess Sacrifice folder.

Edit: Actually, the readme isn't a very good guide. Instead download Tools.rar and follow the directions in "Livemaker 3 What do - The short guide"

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

I finally found the text for the Stone Monument. Took a while since I rarely go to the Slime Forest.
もし汝が罪人と出会ったとしよう。
罪人は愛を知らず育ち、貧しく、光のない暮らしをしていた。
そして多くの悪事を行い、人々を苦しめた。

罪人は汝に言う。
「もし貴方が着ている衣服と持ち物をすべて私に恵んでくれるのなら、私は罪を悔い、生涯を善行に捧げよう」

汝はどう答えるか?
Any help from everyone is appreciated. :)

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's a question posed to the reader. It's in sort of formal language, set like the old morality tales. Here's a rough translation, in pseudo-archaic language to match the tone of the original.

Line 1: Suppose thou met with a sinner.
Line 2: This sinner grew up poor, without knowing love, living a life without light.
Line 3: And this sinner did a great deal of evil, tormenting many people.
Line 4: If this sinner sayeth to thee:
Line 5: "If to me you would give all the clothes you are wearing, all the belongings you possess, I would repent my ways, and to a life of good deeds dedicate myself."
Line 6: What would thy answer be?

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Oh, cool! That means the Slime Forest has nothing of value after all! (As far as I can tell.)
+Rep for you, PeanutGallery~!

Next stop for cryptic text is the church, and then...the basement archives at the end of the game... (I really should make a save for this segment instead of having to fight my way up the Approach again and again)

Speaking of the church, there's two: One in Port Town Wellston and Holy City Pallant. I'm not sure if they share the same church from a gameplay standpoint.

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Happy to help! It's nice that somebody's working on this title, I was always sad that only the prologue was translated.

If you run into any more headscratchers, lay 'em out here and we can take a crack at them.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Turns out, the entries are different per church, which means more text to decipher.
On a related note, here is the rest of the text from the archives.....and they are really, REALLY huge. It's a giant info-dump. (I am really sorry for those who are trying to help. I did not expect this daunting size)

From Holy City Pallant. Entry for 'Tale about spirits'.
『精霊の書』

旧き文献に見るに、精霊とは本来、創造神のしもべとして世界のあらゆる事象を司る存在であった。
人間に似た姿を持つが、その本質は霊であり、不死である。
創造神のいた時代においては、花を揺らす風のそよぎから海の一滴に至るまで、精霊の手により大神の意志が通わされていた。

人間もまた大神の意志により、神を賛美し世界を楽しむために作られ、人々は生きる意味を神から与えられていて、選ぶ道に思い悩むことも、生の虚しさに苦しむこともなく、それゆえ死を恐れることもなかった。
その時代においては戦いですら戦士が栄誉を得るためのものであり、一切の憎悪もなかった。

黄金の時代が終わり、創造神が去ると、精霊たちも多くが人間たちの前から姿を消した。
しかし一部は地上に残り、導き手になった。
人々は彼らを新たな神と認め、精霊神と呼んで崇めた。
その中でも特別に力が強く、人間を愛していた精霊神が三柱いた。

ペルゼイアーは森と泉の精霊神であり、東の地で信仰されている。
古代においては深き森を司っていたが、神が去ったのちは不毛の地に生える一本の神樹に宿り、王たちに神託を与える。
農耕と牧畜の守護者であり、恋人たちの縁を結び、豊穣をもたらすという。
森の魔女たちの総領だと考えられることもある。

ケレス=クレスは天空を駆ける精霊神であり、竜と吹雪と嵐を御する。
おもに北の蛮族たちやマナ海の諸民族に信仰されている。
誇り高く、人間に厳しいが、努力を怠らぬ者には手を貸す。
ミディリアでは軍神、あるいは芸術の守護者としても知られている。
また、邪竜たちの祖だとされる事もある。

デメアは精霊神の中でも最も広く信仰されているが、最も謎に満ちている。
伝承によれば、自らを生贄にして創造神を呼び戻そうとしたとされ、それに失敗すると地上の民をすべて導くことを誓った。
精霊神たちの中でも特に慈悲深く、弱き者たちの守護者である。
その一方で、地の底で罪人の魂を焼き清める死の神だとも言われる。
伝えられる性格のばらつきが大きく、驚くほど残酷なことをしたとされる場合もあり、本性ははっきりしない。

彼女は生命の火の番人であり、大地の底に自らの領域を持っている。
信仰の本拠は西方パラスの地にあり、そこでは精霊神殿の大司教が王の役割を果たしている。

Entry for 'Many names for Darkness King'.
『闇王諸名』

南の果て、海の彼方、闇宿る国あり。草木が悪を芽吹かせる地なり。
陽光強ければこそ闇もまた濃く、砂に落ちる影は死を孕むなり。
かの国土の諸王、古き精霊の影なればこそ、生まれ落ちる民草の子らもみな、悪性の鬼獣すなわち闇の民なり。
闇の諸王、伽藍を築き、香の煙る宮の内に座して供物を受ける。
それらの王名を記し、悪業を記録す。

剣の闇王バールベイル、最も古きもの、闇王の闇王なり。
太古には剣を持ちて大神の前に侍り、闇に入りし後は戦乱を唆す。
多腕にて槍を投じ、稲妻を生じて、万軍を破る。
ゆえに堕落せし人の王、かの闇王を戦神と崇む。

夢幻の闇王アナディエル、闇王の女王、古の王国の宰相なり。
大神去りし後、最も深く失望し、虚無の種子を人々に蒔く。
自らを閉じ込める迷宮を十重二十重に築き、旅人を迷わせる。
夢破れし詩人ども、かの闇王を救済者と崇む。

獣の闇王ラウン=ギィル、闇王に挑む闇王、獲物にして狩人なり。
狩るべき獲物を見失い、出会う獣、人、闇王、精霊、全て斃さんとす。
一度走らば四ツ脚で荒地を踏み越え、人の腕で獲物の首を切る。
蛮族ども、かの闇王を祖と崇め、生贄を捧ぐ。

砂の闇王ジャールディグラ、支配する闇王なり。
自らの権威を大神の域に高めんと、奴隷を使役し鋼鉄の都を築く。
されど時に抗うこと叶わず、彼女の都、灰燼と帰す定めなり。
追放されし民、再びの栄華を得んと、かの闇王を崇む。

骨の闇王モートロウド、最も新しき闇王なり。
かの王、大神なき世に生まれ、穢れなき死のあることを知らず。
ゆえに死を冒涜し、死者を生者に、生者を死者へと帰す。
妖術師ども、かの闇王を叡智の神と崇む。

From Port Town Wellston.
『聖リィンがその身を捧げデメアを降臨させた事実の記録』

ウェルストンが王国としてパラスの地を支配していた時代、第四代の王の頃。
古の邪竜が天輪山に巣食い、人々を襲うようになった。
それと同じ頃、王に世継ぎの王女リィンが生まれた。

このような時には、王女を供犠姫として精霊神デメアに捧げ、降臨を願うのが古来からのしきたりであった。
しかし王は娘を失うことを恐れて、王女を王子と偽って育てた。

それから十数年間、邪竜はパラスの全土を荒らし回り、多くの土地が灰になった。
王女リィンは男として閉ざされた庭園で育ったが、国の様子を聞くとみずから女だと名乗りを上げ、供犠姫になって精霊神デメアを降臨させた。

デメアは生命の火を呼び、邪竜の火を打ち破って、天輪山の頂に封印した。
しかし王家の絶えたウェルストン王国は滅び、パラス地方はいくつもの都市国家に分裂した。
のちにパラス地方にある諸都市は、聖都パラントを盟主にした連合を作り、大陸中央のミディリア王国に服属するようになった。

From the basement of the Spirit Temple.
『古文書の断片』
……神を再臨させようと、精霊たちは計画を立てた……
……デメアは自分を生贄として選んだ……
…………デメアは万物と交わり……世界に残された神の精気を胎内の炉で融かし合わせ……新たな神を降ろそうと…………

……失敗し、闇が……
…………長い戦いが…………

……闇のデメアを封じるため、人間の娘を生贄として求めた……
……人間の長は、代償として王権を求め……精霊王国の主権は人の子の手に渡った…………
……人間の王の娘が、デメアの心臓に鉄杭で繋がれると、闇の女王の内なる空洞は、娘の魂で満たされ…………
……デメアは鎮まったが……娘の魂は絶望で泣き叫び……
新たな生贄を求め…………

Last edited:
OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

In a little pickle. Nothing too big, this time.
っ!?
もごっ……んぅっ……んごぉっ……
……ごぐんっ…げほげほぉっ……!!
Last set of text I haven't translated regarding Feena being treated as a urinal.
According to my findings, these are...sound effects? I haven't found their context yet, so I can't determine their usage.

I'm gonna provide an update soon...or later. I want to try and finish up the prologue before bringing everyone up-to-date on the translation.

Cadgy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

In a little pickle. Nothing too big, this time.

Last set of text I haven't translated regarding Feena being treated as a urinal.
According to my findings, these are...sound effects? I haven't found their context yet, so I can't determine their usage.

I'm gonna provide an update soon...or later. I want to try and finish up the prologue before bringing everyone up-to-date on the translation.

っ!?
Mgho……N-Ngh...
……*Gulp*…*Cough cough*……!!

This is what I make of it. I think ごぐん is ごくん, or gulp/swallow.

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What Cadgy said.

It's like all those times Atlas tries to tell you the aroused woman is suddenly going on and on about bean jam - it's just what "ahn" happens to also translate to, or close to it, at least.

Also I'll take a crack at those bigger ones later - fighting a cold and it's making me miserable.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Thank you, Cadgy! :D

Next on the list is...something I'm still skeptical about.
There's an underwear called 'Saint Kill' (聖女殺し), and it seems to be acquired after the Fort. (Where one fights the demon lady with the whip) However, seeing as how the previous translator already converted the equipment into English, I am left to ponder whether 'Saint Kill' is 'Chastity Destroyer' or not.
If so, I could change it into 'Saint Kill'. Plus, the name is short. (The game doesn't take too kindly to space.)

Also I'll take a crack at those bigger ones later - fighting a cold and it's making me miserable.
Oh no! D: Hope you get better soon!

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Next on the list is...something I'm still skeptical about.
There's an underwear called 'Saint Kill' (聖女殺し), and it seems to be acquired after the Fort. (Where one fights the demon lady with the whip) However, seeing as how the previous translator already converted the equipment into English, I am left to ponder whether 'Saint Kill' is 'Chastity Destroyer' or not.
If so, I could change it into 'Saint Kill'. Plus, the name is short. (The game doesn't take too kindly to space.)
"Chastity Destroyer" would be inaccurate no matter how you look at it. Annoyingly, there's two ways that this could be read. Either as 聖女 殺し which would be "Saint/Holy Woman Killer", or 聖 女殺し, which is "Holy Ladykiller" (ladykiller being the male archetype). Given the fact this is the cursed dual vibrator+chastity belt combo dealie that Feena is forced to wear should she surrender herself to the invading demons (and can optionally acquire at the fort), I'd be inclined to go with "Holy Ladykiller" as a literal translation, but I'm not sure if it's a good translation in that it doesn't really convey the original meaning. "Maiden's Ruin" maybe? That certainly sounds like it could be a cursed dual-vibrator chastity belt.

EDIT: Also, a quick translation of the Ancient Fragment (Basement of the Spirit Temple). Bit's in brackets are things which I'm guessing should be there, but aren't on the original due this presumably being a broken stone tablet. Mainly for editting purposes, for someone with better memory of this game to double check my knowledge of Demea's situation. Also, this is really dark, and is translated to preserve the air's of mystery rather than the description of the sacrifice being staked to Demea.
"Ancient Fragment"

.... the spirit's know of the second coming of God and have planned...
.... Demea offers herself as the sacrifice...
....... Demea who knows all creation... Shall take the spirit of God into her womb and leave this world... And a new god will come...

... (but she) failed, Darkness (enveloped her body)...
...... A long battle will (be fought) .......

... To seal the Darkness, Demea will need a girl as a sacrifice...
... The girl must be of Royal Blood, from a family who rules all... As the supreme spirit of the rulers passes from mother to child...
... The King's Daughter would be offered to Demea, who would take their heart, and the Dark Queen would be stayed, by the Girl's Spirit...
... Demea would calm herself... and the Girl's sould would wail in hopelessness...
And a new sacrifice would be chosen...

Last edited:

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Given the fact this is the cursed dual vibrator+chastity belt combo dealie that Feena is forced to wear should she surrender herself to the invading demons
Reading these words makes me go even more

for the translation efforts :D

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Wait! That Fragment is implying Feena is of royal blood?! WHAAAAAAA?!?!?! (Mind blown)
Thank you for the help, habisain~!
If fiction and my findings have taught me anything, it's that some things don't have to be taken too literal. In other words, I'm gonna settle on 'Saint Killer' because it DOES kill saints...mentally. Lol.
Oh, um, should I consider your quick translation of the Ancient Fragment as final? So I can stuff it back in?

BTW to all reading this: I'm gonna upload a version on MEGA a little soon. It's not the version I mentioned above where the prologue is practically finished, but it does work. What I'm trying to say is, I somehow broke the game involving the Saint Killer. Once equipped and Feena is inspected for dialogue, the game freezes up. I don't know how I fucked up, but I did. >.<
Luckily, I had a back-up on the same day, so I didn't lose too much of my progress.

EDIT: I should at least mention what I've changed on this revision. Let me see...
1. Some dialogue has been translated when Feena inspects herself. (Mainly Sacrificial Clothes and White Underwear.) Others are still on the backburner.
2. Everything (I made sure) related to the Pallas Spirit Temple at the beginning of the game has been translated, including the parts where Feena plays with herself to catch the attention of Elsa, Angi, and Helene.
3. 'Chastity Destroyer [Underwear]' is now 'Saint Killer [Underwear]'.
4. All the stat information after Feena gets violated are now in English. (Expect for the SDM, MASO, and Crime at Churches. Haven't got around to those.)
5. All dialogue in battle regarding Feena being treated as a meat urinal has been translated. Two of which are quite appealing, though my choice of words for those parts may not be as arousing. (I think I got them all. Not counting cutscenes)

That should be all. Nothing plot-related as of yet. (Probably next update)
Remember everyone - re-equip your character or it'll bug out!

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My only issue with "Saint Killer" as a translation is that it sounds much more like an evil sword than underwear. I'm guessing that's also the reason why the old translation used "Chastity Destroyer" rather than the literal translation - because it conveys the meaning better than the literal.

You can use that translation of the Ancient Fragment (deleting the stuff in brackets), but the big caveat is that I'm guessing a bunch of context from my recollection of Demea's explanation of things at the very very end of the game (i.e. when you descend the stairwell and see Demea's physical body). However, I've not played the game in years, so it may be a good idea to check the translation is consistent when you get to that bit.

As to Feena being a Princess... wasn't that established all the way back in the intro? Pretty sure she was addressed as a Princess back then... but it has been years since I played the game...

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

My only issue with "Saint Killer" as a translation is that it sounds much more like an evil sword than underwear. I'm guessing that's also the reason why the old translation used "Chastity Destroyer" rather than the literal translation - because it conveys the meaning better than the literal.
This is starting to feel like one of those literal versus figurative subjects.
We can always come back to the chastity belt later if further input is needed, so I'm gonna put this to one side for the time being.

You can use that translation of the Ancient Fragment (deleting the stuff in brackets), but the big caveat is that I'm guessing a bunch of context from my recollection of Demea's explanation of things at the very very end of the game (i.e. when you descend the stairwell and see Demea's physical body). However, I've not played the game in years, so it may be a good idea to check the translation is consistent when you get to that bit.
.........I feel like I'm gonna have to jump all the way to end-game to retrieve the dialogue for study. (Doing this kinda runs the risk of missing out important detail from somewhere down the road.)

wasn't that established all the way back in the intro? Pretty sure she was addressed as a Princess back then... but it has been years since I played the game...
They did.
I guess it was misinterpretation on my part. When the people refer to Feena as a princess, I always interpreted it as a title for anyone chosen to be a sacrifice.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Oh, for fuck sake! I don't believe this! :(
……娘は父を憎み……玉座を憎み……
ために……地上の国々は、すべて呪われ……
I somehow forgot this last little bit of information for the 『Ancient Fragment』!

I now look like an idiot.

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I somehow forgot this last little bit of information for the 『Ancient Fragment』!

Awww come on man, you are working very hard on this project and is always a foreing language (if you are not japanise), even the best make mistakes ;)

cheer up ^^

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No problem - this is a pretty easy translation. Again, brackets are bit's that I think are cut off in the Japanese and should be double checked against Demea's explanation at the very end when possible.

……娘は父を憎み……玉座を憎み……
ために……地上の国々は、すべて呪われ……

...... The Girls father hated (giving up his daughter)... The Crown hated (losing the princess - the girl in the previous segment)....
For her (sake)... A curse upon all the lands of the world...
If I recall correctly, isn't the final boss something like the Dark King? Can't remember exactly, but could be that the final boss is Feena's ancestor (twisted by the curse he placed on the land), or some manifestation of the hatred of generations of King's who had to give up their daughters to maintain Demea's seal on the ancient God.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Again, brackets are bit's that I think are cut off in the Japanese and should be double checked against Demea's explanation at the very end when possible.
I went and checked the dialogue between Feena and the Dark King and, well...it was very complicated to the point that I don't wanna touch it, yet. It's a wall of text, so copy-pasting it here would be quite horrifying. (Best leave this for last)

If I recall correctly, isn't the final boss something like the Dark King? Can't remember exactly, but could be that the final boss is Feena's ancestor (twisted by the curse he placed on the land), or some manifestation of the hatred of generations of King's who had to give up their daughters to maintain Demea's seal on the ancient God.
..............so incest was on the table all this time? Whoa...

Anywho, currently working my way to the Fire of Life to meet Demea so I can intercept any Japanese along the way. Then I came across the hint for LUK.....and that's when I realised my fear of misinformation came back.
hint!
能力値の十分の一と、サイコロ2個を足した数が目標値より大きければ成功。
1のゾロ目は必ず失敗。
LUKを1点消費するとサイコロを1個増やせる。
I know how it works in-game, but actually explaining it is always something I suck at.(I can't even describe clothes to save my life. Lol)
This isn't that high on the list, so no rush for those who want to help.
It's the dice mini-game.

Last edited: