What's new

ACT [SMAVERICK] Virus Z 2 RE196617 RJ196617

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggieDog52

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [SMAVERICK] (RJ196617) Virus Z 2

After reading the thread I definitely played this game wrong because I didn't grab any of the higher tier Shuriken in hopes that just regular Shuriken and the Sword would get the job done. Boy was I wrong. If you end up going that route you pretty much have to use the Sword to do major damage and you have grind so much just to get your strength high enough to do any damage at all with the normal Shuriken. This wouldn't be such a problem if the enemy hitboxes weren't so massive, making it difficult to get in without taking hundreds of points of damage and getting two shot early on. It's insane how quickly the enemy health and damage ramps up. And the boss is extremely cheap since he has an insta-kill that forces you to replay the entire level just to fight him again.

It sure would be nice if health potions scaled based on HP so they'd be worth picking up but nope. 100 health regardless. Terrific

I finished this game out of spite, honestly. It's a frustrating mess. I spent an hour or so on the last boss alone just dumping points into Strength & occasionally Vitality because Mana came easy and I couldn't even tell if Dex or Defense did anything.

What baffles me the most is that in my very last run I ran into a floating bubble that unlocked a gallery animation. I didn't see it in any other level and this was after dozens of other runs. It might've been that I was just blazing through the level but I have no idea what could've triggered it. In either case I find it frustrating that it's not clear what triggered it. Missing out on gallery animations sucks.

Balmunk Fezarion

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What baffles me the most is that in my very last run I ran into a floating bubble that unlocked a gallery animation. I didn't see it in any other level and this was after dozens of other runs. It might've been that I was just blazing through the level but I have no idea what could've triggered it. In either case I find it frustrating that it's not clear what triggered it. Missing out on gallery animations sucks.
Those floating bubbles are rare drops, each unlocking a different gallery animation. Full save is at #18 if you don't want to grind. Though in version 1.0.2, beating the game in above normal difficulty will unlock the full gallery.

madlyblue

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I have version 1.0.2, but when I open the game all i have is black screen...I'm pretty sure I have all the files downloaded...I've read the previous posts and they say how the game just closes and this isn't the case... Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?:(

ericksparda

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

196/5000
Someone could help me, and I am with the new version of the game to 1.0.2, the game was working normal, but now before the title screen appears the game comes out, is it happening with anyone else?

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The DLsite page lists 3 updates so I assume 1.03 is the newest version now. My guess is that the DRM was changed in 1.02 to just not display anything at all. So if anything, I'd say download the v1.00 and then spam click the "start game" button before the drm message pops up. Mildly inconvenient but probably the only 'permanent' solution to keep the game running.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The DLsite page lists 3 updates so I assume 1.03 is the newest version now. My guess is that the DRM was changed in 1.02 to just not display anything at all. So if anything, I'd say download the v1.00 and then spam click the "start game" button before the drm message pops up. Mildly inconvenient but probably the only 'permanent' solution to keep the game running.
I can confirm.
Been more than a month since I last tried playing - and yeah, the 1.03 update made the 1.02 unrunnable, it would seem. But v1.00 still works with the abovementioned work-around.

Though I guess if a v1.04 is in the works, that little backdoor could very well get closed as well; pretty sure the author got his "anti-anti-DRM" idea after skimming through this thread... xD
Not saying it was a dick move, but after google-TLing the 1.03 update notes on DLsite... Not sure anymore. lol

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Though I guess if a v1.04 is in the works, that little backdoor could very well get closed as well; pretty sure the author got his "anti-anti-DRM" idea after skimming through this thread... xD
I'm not sure how drm was implemented in v1.00 but it doesn't seem like Smaverick can do anything on their end to touch it. So as long as there's a v1.00 out there, this game will always be playable. Though this might be an issue in the next game now that they've refined it. AFAIK, neither this nor the previous game had an actual crack.

Pretty interesting to see that now there's a straight up region block on 4 Asian countries, I wonder what's up with that. Perhaps now that they're banned from the game, they might put time into developing a crack.

Milia

Professional Neko Impersonator
Reputation score

I never really got to try out the first one due to the DRM shit, if anyone bought it, would it be possible for them to download the latest version of the original Virus Z, currently 1.07 and upload it pretty please? I don't believe it uses the internet check anymore, and I suppose we can only hope for the same kind of update to be released for Virus Z 2 as well which removes the check. I'm mainly wanting to preserve games and well... can't exactly do that when shit DRM requires an internet connection and don't exactly see the reason for paying for a game that's essentially a clone of another one, just wondering if anyone bought it before and would be willing to share it.

Last edited:

BlueShinobi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Last edited:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

samurai sacrament wasn't popular because it was felt hard as hell and unfun.

Edit: Imo.
Samurai Sacrament was an excellent game, with quite a bit of depth to it which made it a lot harder than otherwise for non-JP speakers. The H-elements in it felt like an afterthought though.

Noxyounxs

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.

The anatomy here just really pisses me off
Even more so than all the assets the author tends to lift from other sources
Where can i download this game

Mick2000

Reputation score
well no one read the "term and agreement" when they install a program right?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
This thread has been moved to the H-Section for locking due to a lack of gameplay information. If you wish to preserve this thread, please PM a moderator with an updated OP.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
well no one read the "term and agreement" when they install a program right?
Did a few time, and spending 30 minutes reading a MMORPG EULA make you wish you never do it again.

On the opposite, reading a 30 lines post sumarazing the forum rule is something anyone who got a basic grasp on social interaction know to be important (and quick).

But that's not the place to debate this...

Anyway I'll be nice to the banned - considering the game age & quality, the best answer would be a cat torent or buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.