What's new

ACT [Datanony] Labcoax - 2d H-platformer [updated 2014-03-09]

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
#EDIT [2014-10-23]: Unfortunately development for Labcoax is now ON HOLD. Working on a different development now.

Hello ULMF'ers,

I've always liked 2D-platformers (and H-content but that goes without saying! Afterall I'm here in ULMF). Having scoured parts of ULMF, I found myself taking a liking in the side-scrollers (LineMarvel where are you?) found here, so I thought to myself that perhaps I could put something together.

I'd like to present my current work to you. It's a 2D H-platformer, fairly low-res and pixelated at that because it's suppose to be a simple game which would stand a chance to be completed.

Screenshot
Pixels-on-pixels!
Enemies mockup

You may follow the development at my blog:-

The game is called 'Labcoax' because why not? You play a lady scientist running about in a ginormous laboratory sticking syringes (kills them) on the many monsters that wants your sweet arse, in hopes to escape with your chastity intact (probably not the chastity part), Metroidvania-style.

Story:
As for the story, it currently stands at monsters with libido rivaling that of Greek gods being let loose following a huge bio-disaster that happened there. The lab's security system kicks into overdrive and quarantines everything and the heroine in it.

:

2014/03/09 -Labcoax - Alpha v0.5
  • New enemy 'Poltergeist'.
  • Grapple mechanics changed to damage-on-struggle.
  • Zoom-in/out feature.
  • Two sets of player sprites: One with coat and the other without.
  • ... more points listed in blog.
2013/07/31 -Labcoax - Alpha v0.4
  • Improved tileset texturing + non-dynamic lighting.
  • Ammo-type change system.
  • New enemy 'Rat'.
2013/02/26 -Labcoax - Alpha v0.3 + Debug
  • Drop-through jumpthrough platforms by pressing 'Down + Jump'.
  • Tileset testing & added 2 sprite frames to 'getting-up' animation.
2012/12/31 -Labcoax - Alpha v0.2 re-upload [MF Link DOWN]
  • Added new enemy 'Slimehead' and death animation.
  • Crouching.
  • Pause menu, level-up & charater attributes.
  • Simple tileset.
2012/11/22 -Labcoax - Alpha v0.1 [MF Link DOWN]
  • Added voice and sound-effects.

Last edited:

ReinhartX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Labcoax - 2d H-platformer

this has alot of potential xD i like the idea of a scientist character than some heroine ....

the voice is great too...shall look forward to more updates

reddo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

That's actually pretty solid! It's rare to find games made in GameMaker with such care.

Also impressed you managed to do it with Lite. Full Version is a lot more powerful and easy to deal with. Are you planning on buying it? If you are, I recommend doing it soon: the new functions might make you wish to redo most things, so it's better if there's not much stuff complete when that happens.

But, yeah, "Solid" is one of the best things there is. The overall style is matching up quite nicely as well.

Great job!

ramza91

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It says there's a password,what is it?

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yes buy full game maker, I have it and don't know the 1st thing about making games just playing around with what others make.hehe

Now the game its a Awesome start but before you go further you may want to up the scale a bit, it looks nice now, but being a little bigger would be better in the long run. oh and when your lab coat gets taken off it should stay off, if could maybe you can make it so you have to pick it back up. stick to it cause yeah your going to be able to sell this.

mrxthemusic3

Homer
Reputation score

Reminds me of the many times I've tried making games and then dumping it because of laziness.

Hope you don't do the same

Goodluck

OP
datanony

datanony

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Full Version is a lot more powerful and easy to deal with. Are you planning on buying it? If you are, I recommend doing it soon: the new functions might make you wish to redo most things, so it's better if there's not much stuff complete when that happens.

Great job!
I'm definitely buying, but currently torn between actually getting the GM8.1 Standard or GM:Studio. GM:Studio allows for games to be made in Wndows and Mc OS X.

Now the game its a Awesome start but before you go further you may want to up the scale a bit, it looks nice now, but being a little bigger would be better in the long run. oh and when your lab coat gets taken off it should stay off, if could maybe you can make it so you have to pick it back up. stick to it cause yeah your going to be able to sell this.
Hmm ... I don't know about upscaling but regarding the labcoat, it staying off would mean another set of sprites. I have the templates, so I suppose it's do-able.

By the way, do tell me the sort of bugs you guys encounter. Sometimes I just miss out on silly mistakes when testing it out on my own.

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score

do i see a .au at the end of ur url? FELLOW AUSSIE?

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

mmm....you know you could make it so its a portal gun and then you would be making a portal-H-game it would be epic, just don't forget the cake.
just a Idea now if you could figure how to get a working portal gun that is.

eer... I wanted to play around a bit with it but I can't move, guess some thing gets lost when Decompiling. you have a lot more done then what is showed and its very nice.

Last edited:

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

wow, this game has potential. i look forward to it. my i make a recommendation for a dog shaped monster =p

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I must say that I am thoroughly impressed. Please continue development good sir! :)

PerBert

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

eh, Kyrieru recommended you and this was motivation enough to get the demo.

But after the demo I must say that you've got another follower. Keep up the good work.

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Very nice work! I'd agree with a previous post though when you're running things like 1680x1050 on a monitor it gets very difficult to see; not your problem other people have different monitors but might be something to consider for us near-sighted ones

Mortalitus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Awesome !! Am really looking forward to it in the future !

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Found a bug! If you die and get grappled, you're able to break out of it and continue running with 0 HP (Until you're hit again of course)

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Found a bug! If you die and get grappled, you're able to break out of it and continue running with 0 HP (Until you're hit again of course)
Your Avatar is the best possible for this comment. :D

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't think that is really a bug, you can't shoot the things after all so it may just be unfinished code.

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score

looks go so far. Only thing I have to suggest is either make the screen bigger or add a full screen mode. I could barely see any detail as it was right now.

Of course, if there is a full screen mode and I am just being a retard, do tell me.