Reputation score
Re: Succubus Rhapsodia

There's a trial out, but sadly password protected. :(

osafune

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

There's a trial out, but sadly password protected. :(

I don't personally believe that to be the trial. Main reason is because it says it's a trial patch which wouldn't include everything.

Also supposed if I read some of the stuff right he did a small selling of the trial some time ago (not sure where) and it came with a note or something that had the password with it.

EggsnBacon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Speaking of the classic Succubus Quest, why hasn't there been a translation of it after all this time?

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't personally believe that to be the trial. Main reason is because it says it's a trial patch which wouldn't include everything.

Also supposed if I read some of the stuff right he did a small selling of the trial some time ago (not sure where) and it came with a note or something that had the password with it.
probably at one of those conventions doujinshi works
the dude who made repure aria did the same thing don't worry about it and wait for the public release

Speaking of the classic Succubus Quest, why hasn't there been a translation of it after all this time?
well there was a guy translating the second game(I help with a few names) but he abandoned it

Last edited:

devron

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Looks like there is a video demo out from the link the OP provided. Looks good, but don't understand much of what is going on in the battle section.

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

they also att new girls in the succubus list there 4 lolis (from 10):(
hope they not making (mutch) more lolis:(

about the demo video i see some differences from the original sqdt:

the party system is new, new skills and equipment to:)
and way too much text (dam mon runes):(

Last edited:

thebigshow

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The art style is great. Some animations would help though :)

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The trial seems to be out, anybody managed to download it thus far?

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

The game looks nice, but much like Succubus Quest, this game is heavily reliant on your ability to read and understand Japanese.

Without it, you can't really tell whats going on in a battle and you won't really get any of the ero parts of it otherwise.

sgb3

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

SQ is still the only BF RPG that actually had a well-made combat system. If this were SQ with animations, it'd pretty much be just the best thing ever.
Yes and no. There's ROBF as mentioned, and SQ had a real problem with stunlocking. If you got ambushed against a large group with a stun attack of some sort, it was over or you weren't getting out of it without a huge chunk of damage. It was really obnoxious, particularly in the bonus dungeon in the first game. The 2nd partially avoided it since you could choose which enemies would appear, and just avoid setting anything that spammed ailment attacks.

Demonheart

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The demo seems a bit underwhelming. There is lots of recycled sex abilities between the enemies and they are pretty generic. Even orgasm sequences tend to be recycled, as I found that the succubi share them as well. The only originality between them is the few lines of battle speech that is exclusive to that enemy. At least, the dev added cumshot on enemies vs SQ.

I do like the party system and liked collecting and leveling the succubi you make a contract with... However, I find it really extremely inconvenient when your own allies get horny as you travel(some of get there really fast while some others are slower) and attack you. In order to maintain their levels of frustration, you need to give them items that increases it in increments of 5... and that is like a couple steps to have them lose it again. If you decide to beat them up, they get lose their health and VP, further slowing down the monotonous crawl.

Talking about crawling, this game is pretty grindy and the main character doesn't really get anything special, besides your usual analyze enemy weakness skill and perhaps a upgrade to your sex thrust move. The level cap is 20 for the demo.

This game also has some serious stun-locking so be prepared to get bliss out spammed, if you happen to lose your clothes, during certain fights. There is a couple bugs in the battle as well. If you decide to 'enter' the enemies, and defeat one of them by thrusting away, there is a bug that keeps the enemy selected when you choose the 'sex' skill again. The 'Familiar' enemy(Maid) also have a game-over rape bug that crashes the game.

Overall, I enjoyed this demo more than SQ, but find that the game has more things holding it back vs it being more fun per-se. Hopefully, the dev decides to do more compelling content than this and fix some pretty crappy bugs.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

The demo seems a bit underwhelming. There is lots of recycled sex abilities between the enemies and they are pretty generic. Even orgasm sequences tend to be recycled, as I found that the succubi share them as well. The only originality between them is the few lines of battle speech that is exclusive to that enemy. At least, the dev added cumshot on enemies vs SQ.

I do like the party system and liked collecting and leveling the succubi you make a contract with... However, I find it really extremely inconvenient when your own allies get horny as you travel(some of get there really fast while some others are slower) and attack you. In order to maintain their levels of frustration, you need to give them items that increases it in increments of 5... and that is like a couple steps to have them lose it again. If you decide to beat them up, they get lose their health and VP, further slowing down the monotonous crawl.

Talking about crawling, this game is pretty grindy and the main character doesn't really get anything special, besides your usual analyze enemy weakness skill and perhaps a upgrade to your sex thrust move. The level cap is 20 for the demo.

This game also has some serious stun-locking so be prepared to get bliss out spammed, if you happen to lose your clothes, during certain fights. There is a couple bugs in the battle as well. If you decide to 'enter' the enemies, and defeat one of them by thrusting away, there is a bug that keeps the enemy selected when you choose the 'sex' skill again. The 'Familiar' enemy(Maid) also have a game-over rape bug that crashes the game.

Overall, I enjoyed this demo more than SQ, but find that the game has more things holding it back vs it being more fun per-se. Hopefully, the dev decides to do more compelling content than this and fix some pretty crappy bugs.
At least you could gleam that much from it! Without the ability to read Japanese, you really do miss out on a LOT of the fun in this game.

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm quite disappointed they haven't included separate CG for the "inserted"-stage. SQ mods did that and it certainly did a lot for the game. I kinda like the catch-your-own-aid aspect (instead of Ruvissa) though I do agree that they attack you a bit easily.

Also, it feels like fights end much faster than in SQ. Like, low level characters/enemies have 300ish HP and one attack can do 100 and there are two active combatants on the players' side. Early fights end in 2-3 turns if you go for it, way too quick for any of the side-effects of the various attacks to really have an awful lot of impact.

I feel the damage/survivability scale is tipped a bit too heavily towards damage currently. Makes it kinda easy to randomly lose too unless you keep yourself healed up if there are multiple opponents; those hard 3-succubus fights are a prime example. If they all go after your main character two rounds in a row you might just get two-shot and there's very little to do about it.

And yeah, I ran into a bunch of bugs already. But I guess that's why there's this early release, to squash them out. Hopefully.

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Does anyone know if you can actually advance from entrance the cathedral in the trial or if that's where it end? After activating the altar and defeating all the enemies (and all my allies 'cause I took a while experimenting) I found a tip in the top left corner square saying "一番右の、後ろから2つ目の四本足。左の前足を調べよ。", which I interpreted to refer to the second row from bottom right, four steps up, to the left. I tried that tile but nothing happened. I proceeded to try all the other tiles too but nothing still happened except for the now-seemingly-pointless interactions with the organs and the altar. Am I missing something or is the exit not implemented yet?

darkwhite1602

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm quite disappointed they haven't included separate CG for the "inserted"-stage. SQ mods did that and it certainly did a lot for the game. I kinda like the catch-your-own-aid aspect (instead of Ruvissa) though I do agree that they attack you a bit easily.

Also, it feels like fights end much faster than in SQ. Like, low level characters/enemies have 300ish HP and one attack can do 100 and there are two active combatants on the players' side. Early fights end in 2-3 turns if you go for it, way too quick for any of the side-effects of the various attacks to really have an awful lot of impact.

I feel the damage/survivability scale is tipped a bit too heavily towards damage currently. Makes it kinda easy to randomly lose too unless you keep yourself healed up if there are multiple opponents; those hard 3-succubus fights are a prime example. If they all go after your main character two rounds in a row you might just get two-shot and there's very little to do about it.

And yeah, I ran into a bunch of bugs already. But I guess that's why there's this early release, to squash them out. Hopefully.
Care to point me in the right direction for the SQ mods?

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

i on that question to,:)
i also ask for a direct download link?

i've never heard of these inserted cg mods for sqdt
(and these old games sure need more cgs/animatins):D

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I believe they were just added for few common enemies and bosses. Anyways, the old SQ thread still has some links I believe, though I don't know if they're defunct or not. I never got the game running quite right with all the mods installed so I probably did something wrong as well; the process was fairly complex (there's a lot of modality there).

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Does anyone know if you can actually advance from entrance the cathedral in the trial or if that's where it end? After activating the altar and defeating all the enemies (and all my allies 'cause I took a while experimenting) I found a tip in the top left corner square saying "一番右の、後ろから2つ目の四本足。左の前足を調べよ。", which I interpreted to refer to the second row from bottom right, four steps up, to the left. I tried that tile but nothing happened. I proceeded to try all the other tiles too but nothing still happened except for the now-seemingly-pointless interactions with the organs and the altar. Am I missing something or is the exit not implemented yet?
I believe that it actually means "From the right side of the church, the second row from the back (among the four total rows of benches), examine the left foot (of that bench)." The sentence is kind of backwards in terms of how we would usually construct a riddle...

I would personally describe the location like this:
1. "the secret tile is by the left foot of a certain bench"
2. "that certain bench belongs to the second row of benches from the back (in other words, third row of benches from the top/front of the church)
3. "that certain bench is the rightmost bench of its respective row"

For other readers: if you're still having problems and can't be arsed to check every damn tile, here's a picture:

You don't have to kill any of the succubi that spawn. You can just kite them off to the upper-left corner of the church, then make your way to that spot. once you activate the tile, you'll drop down a hole to the next area. From now on, you have direct access to the area via a new stairway when you come back to the church; no need to re-trigger the scene.