What's new

[DMM] Taimanin Asagi

MercSpy

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [DMM] Taimanin Asagi

Well, by "lax" I mean you could really take it at your own pace for the most part. Although I don't really like tower events, at the very least, I appreciate the fact that they don't pile on the stress by making me worry about BP going to waste after hitting the cap or dropping a sudden fever time boss on me at the worst possible time.

I also drank a lot of potions in the interim, but not to the degree that I found it excessive. I usually wait for the 30 minute double exp buff before going all out, and use potions very frugally otherwise. Up until the final hour, I didn't really feel like I needed to drink pots just to maintain my rank. Like you, I also ended up in the 1600s.
I did that but I don't know, maybe I didn't use the potions as efficiently but there have been times where I dipped below Rank 2,000 and had to chug some potions down to regain rank. I only gotten 2 Double EXP Bonus during the interim, so I'm not sure about you. I went from 140+ 1/2 HP Potions to only 12.

Anyway, I feel like they seriously need to review the event's stage structure. 9 stamina per 2% progress is absolutely ridiculous. I didn't even get to Stage 190, let alone Stage 200 for the SR ticket reward. This is in complete contrast to boss hunt events, in which the point requirements for the highest-tiered rewards are regularly overshot several fold by the end of the event.
Yeah, I concur with that. It's insane how much potions you'll need just to reach Stage 200. I managed to reach Stage 181 before the event ended. On that note, those top rankers must be filthy rich to get that much points.

By the way, did any of you actually find a Rakshasa drop? Maybe I was just really unlucky, but I didn't. Nor did I receive any Azami drops during the previous tower event. I get the feeling these tower HR drops may be even less common than the boss hunt SR drops.
Nope, I only got 3 Rakshasa and all of them from the Points Rewards. I managed to get just 1 Azami drop during the previous tower event. It's pretty scarce but it's still hard to say whether the HR drops is any rarer than the SR raid bosses drop.

They really should look into revamping those drop rates because bleeding hell, you have a higher chance of getting a UR or LR in the gacha than you do of the SR boss drops and the HR tower drops.

Anyway, a brief respite for now until the maintenance is done at 4pm JST.

Halcyon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I only gotten 2 Double EXP Bonus during the interim, so I'm not sure about you.
I had three over the course of the event. I guess that explains the discrepancy.

Yeah, I concur with that. It's insane how much potions you'll need just to reach Stage 200. I managed to reach Stage 181 before the event ended. On that note, those top rankers must be filthy rich to get that much points.
Agreed. I'd seriously like to know what's going on there, though. The handful of regular top rankers usually like to run a massive lead between themselves and the rest of the player base despite the fact that there's absolutely no tangible benefit to doing so as they'll still receive the same rewards regardless. What exactly is going on there? Are they just flaunting their wealth? Or are there some underhanded shenanigans afoot here? I mean, even Sasayama was crying on Twitter about blowing ¥6000 trying to get Murasaki and failing.

Anyway, a brief respite for now until the maintenance is done at 4pm JST.
I'm cautiously optimistic that the arena revamp will make the game more interesting.

MercSpy

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Agreed. I'd seriously like to know what's going on there, though. The handful of regular top rankers usually like to run a massive lead between themselves and the rest of the player base despite the fact that there's absolutely no tangible benefit to doing so as they'll still receive the same rewards regardless. What exactly is going on there? Are they just flaunting their wealth? Or are there some underhanded shenanigans afoot here? I mean, even Sasayama was crying on Twitter about blowing ¥6000 trying to get Murasaki and failing.
Yeah, I don't get it either. The investment they put in seems really off, just for a couple of copies of the same card and some Premium Summon Tickets. I wonder if there's more to this than meets the eye.

Also, forgive me for my ignorance but who is Sasayama? On that note, ¥6000 to try and get Murasaki...? Hum...

I'm cautiously optimistic that the arena revamp will make the game more interesting.
Well, unsurprisingly, the game is down for emergency maintenance. From what little I saw of the arena, it seems like you select from a list of players to battle against which are the same level as you are. Might be tough on players that managed to get by without good cards for this. Didn't see the reward system in great detail, so can't say much about it.

Update as of 8.20pm JST: Seems like they have disabled the battle arena. Brilliant execution!

Last edited:

Halcyon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Also, forgive me for my ignorance but who is Sasayama? On that note, ¥6000 to try and get Murasaki...? Hum...
Ittousei Sasayama: one of Lilith Soft's main directors and planners. Also credited as a scenario writer in many games. He was at the helm for both TA3 and KS3, so that should speak volumes about his position in the company, although I'm personally unsure about what stake he holds in it. Regardless, I don't feel terribly bad for him as he's probably making a substantial profit off Kessen Arena anyway.

I don't remember which server he's playing on (probably Tokyo Kingdom since that seems to be the oldest one), but I have occasionally spotted him in the rankings with the handle "sasalilith".

Well, unsurprisingly, the game is down for emergency maintenance. From what little I saw of the arena, it seems like you select from a list of players to battle against which are the same level as you are. Might be tough on players that managed to get by without good cards for this. Didn't see the reward system in great detail, so can't say much about it.

Update as of 8.20pm JST: Seems like they have disabled the battle arena. Brilliant execution!
I didn't actually see the revamped arena before it went down again for emergency maintenance, so I don't know if level is a criterion for opponent selection, but from what they've revealed so far, I gather the playerbase will be split into fourteen tiers, with competition driven by the limited space available in the highest and most exclusive tiers.

Rewards will be distributed on the basis of one-time prizes for first getting into a given tier and staying prizes, received every Monday for remaining in a given tier for more than seven days. The assumption here is that the higher tiers offer better staying rewards, inciting players to keep climbing the ranks and defending their positions there. Rank 1 (the highest tier) only has 100 seats. Ranks 2-9 have their carrying capacity determined as a percentage of the number of active players in the past week:

Code:
Rank	Capacity
1	100 players
2	1% of the previous week's active playerbase
3	2% of the previous week's active playerbase
4	3% of the previous week's active playerbase
5	4% of the previous week's active playerbase
6	5% of the previous week's active playerbase
7	10% of the previous week's active playerbase
8	20% of the previous week's active playerbase
9	30% of the previous week's active playerbase
10-14	Everyone else
At ranks 10 and below, winning 5 battles will allow you to rank up. Losing 7 battles (only counting those initiated by yourself) will cause you to rank down.

Once they are filled to capacity, entry into ranks 9 and above will involve promotion battles to challenge a higher-ranked player for his seat. The only way to be demoted from those ranks is to lose a promotion battle (sort of... more on that below).

Once you are elligible for promotion after winning 5 battles, you will be granted a 60-minute period during which you can initiate an unlimited number of promotion battles (at the cost of 1BP each). Once the 60-minute period has passed or if you choose to forego the opportunity, your win counter towards promotion will be reset and you will have to win another 5 battles before becoming elligible again.

Your opponent for the promotion battle is selected based on the following criteria, in order:
-Lowest result of (Wins - Losses), only counting battles initiated by oneself
-Above being equal, most time elapsed since promotion
-Above being equal, most time elapsed since last login

Promotion battles are two-round affairs. In the first round, your attack team will take a stab at the opponent's defense team, and vice versa in the second round. You must win both rounds in order to advance. For the sake of fairness, you will only be allowed to initiate the fight with 1BP.

As stated previously, a rank's carrying capacity is based on the total number of active players over the course of the previous week. You may have noticed that this means ranks will shrink if the active playerbase does too. In this case, players are demoted to lower ranks based on the same three criteria as those above for opponent selection in promotion battles.

Finally, you will no longer be limited to only facing off against players on the same server.

I like the fact that they seem to be moving the focus of the game to PVP. It will make pot farming a lot harder since players will have to actively split their BP between raising/maintaining their ranks and fighting raid bosses.

And at least the title makes a lot more sense this way.

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I am so fucking screwed if the next event is a tower event. But I'm set if it's a raid boss event. Just made a killing on the gachas. Sadly no URs, or LRs, but I did get 2 SR Ingrids, a few HRs I didn't have previously, the Taimanin blonde SR from a few weeks ago and 2 of the limited event cards.
The blonde and the Ingrids are going to help me a looong way. Time to start grinding again!

Oh man, this really is my day. Just got another copy of motherfucking Anemone. I'll be unstoppable with a maxed out Anemone on the regular gachas. Here's to hoping.

Last edited:

tontje

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I am so fucking screwed if the next event is a tower event. But I'm set if it's a raid boss event. Just made a killing on the gachas. Sadly no URs, or LRs, but I did get 2 SR Ingrids, a few HRs I didn't have previously, the Taimanin blonde SR from a few weeks ago and 2 of the limited event cards.
The blonde and the Ingrids are going to help me a looong way. Time to start grinding again!
I barely made it to 80 for the pretty card, i really dislike that tower....

How do you get gacha tickets anyways? Bosses don't seem to drop them and the event didnt seem to dish it out either.

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Gacha tickets are either awarded through the daily login rewards, bought at the premium gacha store (it's a crapshoot, don't bother), or awarded through some other events, or missions.
If you got to floor 80 then you should have at least one gacha ticket lying around.

qs1988

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The rare robot raid boss will drop tickets for MVP instead of rare medals at lvl 50.

graysock

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The rare robot raid boss will drop tickets for MVP instead of rare medals at lvl 50.
Interesting, didn't noticed. But then again I haven't seen him in ages.

The PvP revamp seems to be interesting, now you have attack and defense turns, and you now are put into ranks 1-14 and rewards depend on wish rank you stay.

You can get promoted and demoted depending on how well you do.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

oh thats interesting. didn't know that. at what level do the red oni and red demon start dropping more then 2 hp and 2 bp potions at? i got them up to level 20 last week and they still only dropped 2 each.

graysock

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

oh thats interesting. didn't know that. at what level do the red oni and red demon start dropping more then 2 hp and 2 bp potions at? i got them up to level 20 last week and they still only dropped 2 each.

its a pretty good wiki, if you use it with google chrome auto translate its actually quite useful.

graysock

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Oh man the pvp is no joke, at least at the level I am... (76).

There are guys with 2 asukas and a oboro in the deck. :eek:
All that at rank 13!

Oh and of course the Deck activation is still 50% random for everything not the leader.

The only positive thing is now that also defensive cards seem to work on the attack deck.

Last edited:

Rapossu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have to say, i do not feel inclined to battle in the arena, the prizes are to weak...

qs1988

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Prizes are attractive if you are maintain your position at the top few ranks (Gatcha tickets and recovery potions). However, the way they design this system is totally dumb.

For high lvl players, most of you would have already notice that there's only this limited amount of high lvl players, meaning that you would just encounter these few players over and over again. And having more or less the same battling power, these players would take each other down and forever circulate among the lower rankings. On the other hand, lower lvl players would easily find other players who gave up the game around lvl 10+ or so, or those with extremely bad luck and end up with weak cards, or those who don't know how the game works and just build some weak decks. At the end of the day, low level players will be finding themselves at a higher rank than those players who are at a higher lvl.

Next thing is, they still keep the dumb system of having 4 times atk power when atking. Having a new system that will further utilize atk deck and def deck? One have to question what are the developers planning when they said that. With 4 times atk power, one just need to spend 3 times BP and victory is more or less guaranteed, especially when players who are closely on par with each other. This brings back to the problem of high lvl players mentioned earlier. These high lvl players, even if their deck is weaker, will still be able to take down other players as long as they are not stingy with their BP, and with the limited choices of opponents, the no. of losses each player accumulates will be high enough to bring down their rank after they climbed up.

The system is actually pretty good IF there is no such thing as atk multiplier based on BP and the grouping of lvls. If it is done properly, players will definitely be properly ranked according to their power lvl.

I feel like quitting the game, now that such an inefficient system is in place(not to mention the time they took to implement this in). It was already weird that so much effort involved in securing a SR reward, when it is much simpler to get enough SR-LR cards to form a much better deck just by using gatcha tickets from the 2000~3500 rewards.

Halcyon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh man, this really is my day. Just got another copy of motherfucking Anemone. I'll be unstoppable with a maxed out Anemone on the regular gachas. Here's to hoping.
Well, we did just sort of have two boss hunt events in a row, albeit with an arena event interspersed in between. I frankly wouldn't put it past them to hit us with another tower this week. Grats on the spoils. Rebecca is a good defensive card, but sadly she's no A-66 Runa.

To the guys talking about gacha tickets: remember that registering a credit card on your DMM account for the first time will net you 500 points for free. No purchase necessary. That's the cost of a single gacha ticket or five full potions of your choice.

I'd like to know what spurred them them to change his Lv 50 MVP drop in the first place. I don't think I've ever even seen this guy reach double digits.

Oh man the pvp is no joke, at least at the level I am... (76).

There are guys with 2 asukas and a oboro in the deck. :eek:
All that at rank 13!

Oh and of course the Deck activation is still 50% random for everything not the leader.

The only positive thing is now that also defensive cards seem to work on the attack deck.
Yeah, seems like the new arena matchmaking punishes higher-level players by forcing them to fight against each other even at lower ranks. Never mind that the ranking tiers themselves were created to accomplish that very same goal in the long run. As expected of the Kessen Arena devs; good to know that they still can't deliver something without fucking it up somehow.

Defensive skills working in the attack deck isn't going to change anything since the result is still purely determined by comparing your attack power against the opponent's defense.

I have to say, i do not feel inclined to battle in the arena, the prizes are to weak...
The prizes are better than before. The only problem I have with them is that they're only going to further widen the economic gap between the haves and the have-nots. Basically, "the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer". They're rewarding players with already strong decks by handing out tickets giving access to potentially even stronger cards, while leaving those with crap decks hanging by drip feeding them useless medals.

These high lvl players, even if their deck is weaker, will still be able to take down other players as long as they are not stingy with their BP, and with the limited choices of opponents, the no. of losses each player accumulates will be high enough to bring down their rank after they climbed up.
Defeats accrued from fights initiated by other players do not count against your record.

Last edited:

qs1988

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Defeats accrued from fights initiated by other players do not count against your record.
Well, if that's the case, one more dumb mistake the developers made. If atks from other players does not cause one to rank down, everyone just need to take time to reach rank 1 by spending BP to do 4 times atk, remain there, and receive HR Gatcha tickets every week. My desire to quit the game just grew.

Halcyon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well, if that's the case, one more dumb mistake the developers made. If atks from other players does not cause one to rank down, everyone just need to take time to reach rank 1 by spending BP to do 4 times atk, remain there, and receive HR Gatcha tickets every week. My desire to quit the game just grew.
Please read this post.

Zhongda

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well I was breezing through the arena ranks but I can't push into rank 2 no matter how hard I slam my head against it. I got frustrated so I blew some BP potions but all I managed to do was tank my win record. Maybe if I'm lucky I can hold rank 3 but I doubt it now.

Zhongda

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Level 48. I have a pretty good attack deck and most of my opponents have been pushovers so far, I only used more than 1 BP i think twice this entire time.

The problem I think is that the promotion battles use both attack and defense decks, and my defense deck is rather subpar compared to my attack. Going from 3 to 2 is the only time I've had a promotion battle, I guess because I jumped in early while the brackets were still filling up.