What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine (New RPG!)

question about the payment for patreon does it deduct right away or an the end of month?

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

question about the payment for patreon does it deduct right away or an the end of month?
It only deducts when I make a content release, and I won't have one ready until at least December (hopefully). To be precise though I believe it makes it at the end of the month in which I made a content release. If you choose to pledge now though you'll get access to the private feed, and you can always remove your pledge down the road if you are short on money.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This looks more than nice enough to be worth the twenty bucks you want for the finished product over on Patreon.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey guys~

I haven't posted any content in a bit so I figured I'd drop in and show you some armor damage concept art that I did last week. I'm currently working on pose artwork for this outfit in the damaged state. I've been getting a ton of work done the past few weeks, so I'm happy about that. I'm still looking for a Japanese translator that can help with promotional content however, as well as places to promote the project, so let me know if you have any leads!

cavecricket48

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hmmm. Why does her hair seem like a conglomeration of short black tentacles?

Once I took a closer look, this started standing out more than I'd like, so I want to suggest you use a more blocky shape for her hair with striations to denote the strands for her locks and ponytail.

Other than that, she looks great.

Note: This only really shows up when took a critical look at her features. Most people probably won't, so take my comments as you will.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Looks like they could be dreads, to me. Also, that censor is there just because it's a preview, right?

Lastly, is there a list of content/fetishes you have decided on yet? If I recall, there was some input on that subject in the beginning of the thread, but just curious what to expect now at this stage. Or perhaps it would be easier to say what won't be in the game and leave it as a surprise?

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hmmm. Why does her hair seem like a conglomeration of short black tentacles?

Once I took a closer look, this started standing out more than I'd like, so I want to suggest you use a more blocky shape for her hair with striations to denote the strands for her locks and ponytail.

Other than that, she looks great.

Note: This only really shows up when took a critical look at her features. Most people probably won't, so take my comments as you will.
While the perverted side of me is mad at the censoring, the rational side of me is thankful, since this way it doesn't take the mystery of the full game out of it.
But I wish we would be able to see the news feed at patreon without a debit card. Maybe Eromancer collects the 20$ per paypal and adds the users who paid this way in a mailing list. The Kind you have to mail once to, to send it to all who paid.
Btw: The Pictures look great like always, keep it up eromancer.

Lastly, is there a list of content/fetishes you have decided on yet?
It is on Page 3. Pretty tame stuff, but it has vore and futa

Last edited:

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I still hope for incontinence. -> She gets a special attack to her exposed belly, she gets a status - she pees herself and loses a round where she could have attacked instead.
I personally hope that it doesn't contain anything of the sort.

it seems you can't take a stroll through ULMF these days without tripping over games with shitting or pissing in them, and many people find it gross.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

it seems you can't take a stroll through ULMF these days without tripping over games with shitting or pissing in them, and many people find it gross.
I would second this mentality, but I understand to each their own. If the developer thinks about it from the onset, adding a switch in RPG Maker to disable or remove those types of scenes is not terribly difficult (unless they are necessary for the story). It does create extra work in eventing, but not so bad. It becomes a much more tiresome chore to add it in after the fact.

Still looking good Eromancer. It is becoming harder and harder to stick to my guns and wait for the demo before funding. That is a testament to your teasing us with pics :D

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

In most of these games it is avoidable. Like in the Camilla game that gives you an extra flag by drinking tea before sex or in PF where it is an extra sidequest. I would only want it too, if it is avoidable, like a rare effect, that can be healed by a potion before it comes to fruitation. But I was too lazy to read on page 2 or 3 where eromancer wrote which fetishes the game did include and just thought he wrote urination, my bad. We saw with ILLs game how bad it can come when the author listens to too many user ideas...

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I haven't quite worked out yet how I'll be doing optional content, but I'd definitely like to have a way to turn off objectionable content without affecting the balance of the gameplay. For the time being I'm pretty focused on getting the first content release ready, so I'll be crossing that bridge when I come to it. With that in mind, whatever I listed previously as definitely not going in the game is all I've completely ruled out, so anything else is possible.

Regarding the censoring: yeah it's just for the preview. I'm posting it a lot of places and want to make sure it stays posted, hah.

I haven't started the Paypal yet as I really don't want to accept money too far in advance of the content release. I may do something like a newsletter to keep these donors up to date on what goes on in the Patreon feed.

kdodger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey Eromancer,just wanted to confirm something with you. So when you do release the game, I've pledged 10 dollars, if you update the game, it'll take another 10 dollars from my account and that'll count as pledging twice right? First time using patreon so i'm not sure on how this works.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey Eromancer,just wanted to confirm something with you. So when you do release the game, I've pledged 10 dollars, if you update the game, it'll take another 10 dollars from my account and that'll count as pledging twice right? First time using patreon so i'm not sure on how this works.
Thanks for the pledge! Currently it shouldn't have taken any money from your account as I haven't released any content. Your first $10 pledge will come out of your account once I do release the first content. A second $10 will come out when the second content release occurs, and so on. Hope that helps!

kdodger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

yeah i'm just asking if that scenario would mean I've pledged twice and will receive the uncensored version when everything is done. Keep up the good work and thanks :)

Gonglion

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, Cyber Punk and all that isn't my taste at all, so yeah, obviously I really don't like the design of the girls. But overhole the quality looks nice, I hope you will share a demo so we can gives you some feedbacks. I wish your second game will be about elves in a more heroic-fantasy background ;D

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

yeah i'm just asking if that scenario would mean I've pledged twice and will receive the uncensored version when everything is done. Keep up the good work and thanks :)
Yep that's correct!

Well, Cyber Punk and all that isn't my taste at all, so yeah, obviously I really don't like the design of the girls. But overhole the quality looks nice, I hope you will share a demo so we can gives you some feedbacks. I wish your second game will be about elves in a more heroic-fantasy background ;D
Thanks! Regarding the second game: we'll see, ya never know! This one will definitely be keeping me busy for awhile though.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey guys, just wanted to update you on stuff!

First off, I've finally found some help! This past week I enlisted the help of someone to work on video editing and promotion throughout the course of the project. So, sometime in the next couple of weeks I will have some video footage to share and to plop on the Patreon page. In addition to that I've just recently been in contact with someone willing to help translate promotional materials and eventually the game to Japanese, so hopefully I'll be able to get the Japanese crowd in on this sooner than I expected. I'm definitely still searching for more help with the art... most specifically someone to help with creating tilesets / map design.

In other news, I've decided I definitely want to have original vocal effects for the characters (as in sounds for H scenes and battle, not story dialog), so we'll be looking into hiring voice actresses at some point (probably after the first content release).

Speaking of the first content release, I've come up with an outline of major things I still need/want to accomplish before the release...

• Finish approximately 20 more character portraits
  • Remake one animated enemy battle sprite for the new game resolution
  • Add events and dialog to the test map
  • Tidy up recordings and mastering for the soundtrack
  • Create and implement compressor and installer
  • Code H mechanics and related interface
  • Design more enemy skills and create related artwork
  • Tidy up menu interface
  • Add dynamic portraits to the dialog system
  • Create promotional videos
  • Finish first artwork PDF Patreon reward
  • Continue finding viable avenues for promoting the game
  • Implement advanced sprite system for the map scene (may need to wait until the second release)

So, yeah, lots to do. That being said, I'm really pleased with the progress made thus far and the positive feedback I've received!

Until next time!

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey, I'm the guy Eromancer hired!

I've actually been working behind the scenes on a number of hentai games with a number of artists for a while now, and so I'm happy to help out Eromancer with videos, marketing, all that kinda stuff :D Eromancer's shown me some footage of the battle scenes & battle system, and I'm pretty confident this is gonna be up there with Iris Action, Parasite In City, Kurovadis, so forth, as one of those "ground breaking" H-Games.

I wish I could go into some of the really crazy stuff he has planned for this, but unfortunately been sworn to secrecy, haha! Anyways, we should have a video with some actual gameplay as Eromancer said within a week or two, so look forward to it! We've got a Tumblr setup (but nothing posted on it) at eromancergames.tumblr dot com , follow us there and get to check out artwork from the game!

Finally, if you wanna check out some of the other hentai projects I'm working on, go to hentaiwriter.tumblr dot com :)

Status
Not open for further replies.