What's new

Alone (RPG Maker VX)

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I have dedicated a lot of my sparetime into making a game! Of epic proportions!
Or something like that.
Anyway, a lot of time, yes...
So, I wish to hear if anyone would be willing to beta test it for me?
I am indeed in need of someone who doesn't know how it is "supposed" to be, so they can find any would be bugs. The game is far from finished, but I spend almost 1 and a half hour going through it, knowing what to do, so I'm guessing it won't be completely boring for the testers. Anyway, I hope for some good souls who wish to help me.

The game takes place in a medieval style environment. And... Wait for it!... You are the only male on the planet. on top of that you are what they call "a divine".
So grab your cape, and take off your pants (it sucks to fuck with them on), and get ready to do something... Something...

So anyway, if you are interested, write in this here thread ;)

Kron

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Alone (RPG Maker VX)

Always on the look out for interesting RPg maker games, so sure, why not.

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Always on the look out for interesting RPg maker games, so sure, why not.
I'm uploading the game as we speak. I promise it'll be great... There'll be swords... And staffs... :p

Since I want it to be a closed testing, I'll send you the link in a private message instead of just posting the link.

Last edited:

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'd like to help but what is required? you want us to betch at you when the game bugs out? or let you know of imbalances, bad progression, etc?

Inquisitor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Would you be so kind and send me a link to? Currently, im bored and I'm using rpg-maker vx aswell. Maybe I can help you finding some bugs.

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Roadkill: Yes, I want you to tell me everything that is nagging you, be it bugs or imballancing or even storyline fuck ups. Names of people that is fucked, spelling errors... Anything at all... Maybe I've called the same npc something different on different occasions ;) Anything you notice

inquisitor: Sure I'll send you a pm.

Last edited:

Quari

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'd always be willing to beta test for rpg maker gamers :), love them. So if you need any more testers, i volunteer!

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm good with VX, feel free to send me a link or ddl. Just a quick fyi for you, having beta testers is far easier with a SVN setup. I use Assembla myself. The people who help me test can commit their corrections without me having to redo all their work.

Check out my game if you want

FinalDrake

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hey i got the spare time and i'm always up for testing out new games.
Hell it what i do with my spare time pretty much

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Sorry to the ones who couldn't unpack the game <.< I'll try reuploading a new version. I'll also send the game to the ones of you who'd like to test it out ;)
And ker, I'll check out your game once some free time opens up in my schedule ;)

Last edited:

Six

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sure could use a new rpg and looking for problems also happen to be something that I like doing.

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

If you want to involve a few testers you really should use a SVN setup. Go to assembla.com and create a space for yourself. Download tortisesvn, create a new folder, create a repository pointing toward your space in Assembla. Copy your game files there them commit the base version.

The advantage to that is your testers can do fixes on their own and commit them to the svn at will, rather than having you trying to co-ordinate 3-4 different people sending in bug reports. It makes life dramatically easier.

A couple of things early
-A handful of typos.
-You can cast fire before you get the staff which goes against the text. You can add skills through events (Actor - change skills). Drop the hp on the initial skeles if you do though
-In Alice's caves the passage to cave 3 is very hard to find (I had to look at the game in the builder to find it). You need to do something to visually indicate it, or put the outside walls of the cave up.

Saving as I'm going into the forest. I'll send more as I have it.

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If you want to involve a few testers you really should use a SVN setup. Go to assembla.com and create a space for yourself. Download tortisesvn, create a new folder, create a repository pointing toward your space in Assembla. Copy your game files there them commit the base version.

The advantage to that is your testers can do fixes on their own and commit them to the svn at will, rather than having you trying to co-ordinate 3-4 different people sending in bug reports. It makes life dramatically easier.

A couple of things early
-A handful of typos.
-You can cast fire before you get the staff which goes against the text. You can add skills through events (Actor - change skills). Drop the hp on the initial skeles if you do though
-In Alice's caves the passage to cave 3 is very hard to find (I had to look at the game in the builder to find it). You need to do something to visually indicate it, or put the outside walls of the cave up.

Saving as I'm going into the forest. I'll send more as I have it.
Which type of space did you use?

Also, I've changed the entrance to the last part of the cave, so It should be much more visible now. And casting the fireball before getting the staff will be solved xD
After some considderation, I'm not sure about the fire thing actually. Seing as it's not necesarry to even take the staff it's more of a small introduction, saying you are a mage.

Last edited:

Quari

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yep as i said in the pm, i also found the passage quite hard to find, after that , in the forest you may want to lower the chance of being poisoned because it seems to happen somewhat too often and i have to rush back to heal myself again, or reload my save :p

*edit

Found another thing in the town, he says:

*I'm always willing to help yound naked women...*

yound --> young ofcourse :)

*When the main characters asks for the climbing rope, he actually says he needs robe instead of a rope

Last edited:
OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yep as i said in the pm, i also found the passage quite hard to find, after that , in the forest you may want to lower the chance of being poisoned because it seems to happen somewhat too often and i have to rush back to heal myself again, or reload my save :p

*edit

Found another thing in the town, he says:

*I'm always willing to help yound naked women...*

yound --> young ofcourse :)
Thanks ;) Corrected the typo. Now another thing, I already lowered the chance of getting poisoned a quite a bit. I'll see if it can be lowered a bit, again, without being totally easy to go through the area ;)

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

*When the main characters asks for the climbing rope, he actually says he needs robe instead of a rope
You'd think my brain had been in a blender the way I've been typing lol xD Even ran through the game a couple of times, and didn't notice these errors xD

I gotta go sleep for now. I'll check this thread again tomorrow, and correct any errors you find.

Quari

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That is what beta tester are for ofcourse :p, ill keep adding more stuff into this post so it will be all added up together for when you get the chance to look at it tomorrow :p.

1: In the first town, you can kinda walk behind the blue haired girls bed, seems a little buggy.

Nachtwolf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

if you still want/need more testers i'd be willing to help out too :)

OP
C

crouler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

That is what beta tester are for ofcourse :p, ill keep adding more stuff into this post so it will be all added up together for when you get the chance to look at it tomorrow :p.

1: In the first town, you can kinda walk behind the blue haired girls bed, seems a little buggy.
It's on purpose. I made it so you get the feeling of walking into bed xD and nachtwolf, I'll send the game to you ;)

Quari

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

in the house above the in, you can walk into the wall from the left at the height of the painting you face when you walk into the building :p, noticed the npc going in there lol

In the necromancer quest you have to go west, but that exit does not work.. is this the end of the game so far?

Last edited: