What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris [v0.83 Final]

madmonkskillz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Alansya Chronicles - Fleeting Iris [DEMO UPDATED 2017]

I think the author used the CIA route to make sure the husband is out somewhere and allow the female Ayane to get in trouble and probably in future have a possible undercover stuff or some thing with the friend or may be I am thinking too much :confused:. They probably didn't think about the past much !
That's actually what I figure, but strictly from a writer's point of view, I wanted to see what this game's writer's thoughts were. If anything, to get some backstory retconned into the game

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Okay. I played the updated demo of Fleeting Iris. Congrats on getting more content sorta-kinda finished!

Only problem is, you really should consider proofreading or bug testing your game. I sped through the updated demo and found several issues worth mentioning.

1) Text fell off screen in random places (I assume because your game uses a non standard font for it's text).

2) The blackmail plot is silly, but the time you start getting blackmailed over 1000zil, you already have nearly 500-600zil from start and from working. So it's sort of a joke that Ayame would fall for blackmailing for such a small amount that Melvin paid to cover for her. It's like Any sane woman would be like "Hey thanks for covering that for me, I'll pay you back after I work 6-10 more days."

3) After finishing the stepson route, you have an ending that hints at being able to purchase a dildo when Ayame's morality falls low enough even though you can walk to the adult shop and purchase it on day one.

4) The razor item to change Ayame's pubic hair is gone after one use? Ouch.

5) In this version I can't seem to find the trigger for the step son to spy on her in the shower, yet the stepson was able to jerk off in Ayame's panties. After the stepson jerked off in the panties, the memory room had the memory/CG for the shower peeking unlocked, but not the ACTUAL scene that
was unlocked (panty masturbation).

6)Ayame's morality doesn't lower and her lust doesn't raise even a single number after some VERY lewd events. As of right now I can't even find a way to trigger the neighbors storyline because Ayame's morality is far too high. The event in the park also gave me that message, but finally I was able to find an event that lowered my stats just enough to get the scene in the park.

Also there's the simple spelling grammar errors, and then also the times when you randomly throw Japanese words into the middle of English text. I get that Ayame is Japanese, but she's speaking perfect English otherwise, she would not refer to Japan as Nippon. And even if she was bad at English, she would more than likely use the less formal version (Nihon).

From wikipedia;

Modern conventions

While both pronunciations are correct, Nippon is frequently preferred for official purposes,[8] including money, stamps, and international sporting events, as well as the Nippon koku, literally the "State of Japan" (日本国).

Other than this, there seem to be no fixed rules for choosing one pronunciation over the other; in some cases one form is simply more common. For example, Japanese speakers generally call their language Nihongo; Nippongo, while possible,[9] is rare. In other cases, uses are variable.

Basically the point is. Use English, you're trying way too hard to stress that Ayame is originally from Japan and you're not even doing that correctly.

Other than that, good job finally getting some scenes finished. Granted, I could do it faster and with less errors (zero) aside from the CG. And that's with 2 days of RPG maker experience, but you did decently for a "studio" than only 542 patrons (with an undisclosed monthly budget). If you'd ever like to step up the quality in your game, let me know. I'd be willing to playtest and find all the bugs, spelling errors, logic/storyline errors and grammar errors. I could test a game with 25 times the content as your recent demo in about 2 days if I was going for 95% accuracy.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be negative. I just know your team could do much better. And I'm sure you know that as well. I just wanted to put it into black and white for you.

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm guessing he has all of this recorded and everything is just a part of his master plan or something. Maybe some of the people she had sex with are sleeper agents who are all in a plan to take over USA and he was forced to use her as bait.

madmonkskillz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

6)Ayame's morality doesn't lower and her lust doesn't raise even a single number after some VERY lewd events. As of right now I can't even find a way to trigger the neighbors storyline because Ayame's morality is far too high. The event in the park also gave me that message, but finally I was able to find an event that lowered my stats just enough to get the scene in the park.
I don't think the neighbor's event works like that yet. I know that the Garcia's route is intertwined with Melvin's route RIGHT NOW, but even after cheating (and getting Ayame's Morality to 0) it still gives the same message. That leads me to believe that the text is just a place holder for future updates.

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So I'm guessing Day 15 is the end of the current version?

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

So I'm guessing Day 15 is the end of the current version?
i think it is, i tried to do more than one route (meaning i advanced one and then the other) and the game crashed, i think it was like that xD, can't remember well since it was some weeks ago, also any news about the 0.75 update? i though it was just going to be 2 scenes but with how much time has passed i think they decided to add more.

madmonkskillz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i think it is, i tried to do more than one route (meaning i advanced one and then the other) and the game crashed, i think it was like that xD, can't remember well since it was some weeks ago, also any news about the 0.75 update? i though it was just going to be 2 scenes but with how much time has passed i think they decided to add more.
Going through the game multiple times with multiple routes, I got all the way up to Day 22. By Day 22, no matter what combination of routes you take, you'll hit the game over or route end screen. A mix of Clarke's route and Sato/Fuji route should get you there.

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Going through the game multiple times with multiple routes, I got all the way up to Day 22. By Day 22, no matter what combination of routes you take, you'll hit the game over or route end screen. A mix of Clarke's route and Sato/Fuji route should get you there.
I did Clarke, Melvin, and Sato/Fuji route already. I wonder if they'll finish one route first before tackling another.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

NEWS:

Last version is available to Patrons, Wednesday I'll release it here if no bugs are found. If bugs are found I'll release it here Wednesday with the bugs fixed.

Just curious: how many name changes has this had?
One, it was Ayame's Adventure, after that it became Fleeting Iris. Alansya Chronicles is the name of our saga, all our games will have the prefix: Alansya Chronicles. It will make sense in the end.

I have a question about the game itself, does the game have a time limit? i mean does it last until the wedding or are some routes finishing before or after that, or is the wedding only inportant for the vainilla ending? Also is the time given in the demo likely to change?
It had, it was removed last patch. We no longer use a day system.

I played the very first version of the game. It has future. I'm glad that you're working on it;)
Thank you, I appreciate it.

I played and supported this game on patreon long ago and enjoyed it very much. Great work !

Will the game be completed this Year? Whenever it complets I will suppor on patreon again.

It's just that playing the on every updtate almost feels like NTR to me somehow, as I am playing and than suddenly a box appears saying this is were this version ends and then wait for long time and the cycle continues.

This year I have made a decision to only support the developers when they finish the Games, this way I enjoy a large chunk or the complete game all at once instead of small incremental improvements.

You can count on me to support you on patreon for every complete game and one update of the game !!
We'll let you know when we have a concrete date. Thank you for the support!

Great Game!
Thank you very much!

Okay. I played the updated demo of Fleeting Iris. Congrats on getting more content sorta-kinda finished!

Only problem is, you really should consider proofreading or bug testing your game. I sped through the updated demo and found several issues worth mentioning.

1) Text fell off screen in random places (I assume because your game uses a non standard font for it's text).
That was when we were doing the grammar correction, Issac forgot to keep that in mind so that happened a lot early game on the last patch (before the proofreading), I know it looks unprofessional but well, it has been fixed since.

2) The blackmail plot is silly, but the time you start getting blackmailed over 1000zil, you already have nearly 500-600zil from start and from working. So it's sort of a joke that Ayame would fall for blackmailing for such a small amount that Melvin paid to cover for her. It's like Any sane woman would be like "Hey thanks for covering that for me, I'll pay you back after I work 6-10 more days."
That's because Ayame spends no money but she will have to help around the house (give money to Robert) to help for expenses. Saying 1000 Zel is not a lot of money to get in debt when you're paid 40 Zel a day for 8 hours is like saying getting in debt for two full months of your paycheck right now is not a big deal, it sure as hell would be to me xD

Besides, on his route is like an "emotional blackmail", like "you owe me", not "pay me OR ELSE".

3) After finishing the stepson route, you have an ending that hints at being able to purchase a dildo when Ayame's morality falls low enough even though you can walk to the adult shop and purchase it on day one.
Overlooked, it was there before the dildo was introduced to the game, will fix.

4) The razor item to change Ayame's pubic hair is gone after one use? Ouch.
They're disposable blades, they're pretty cheap, again, it's just one of MANY places where Ayame will be able to spend money (again, the 1000 Zel thing will make sense, you just don't have ways to spend money now).

5) In this version I can't seem to find the trigger for the step son to spy on her in the shower, yet the stepson was able to jerk off in Ayame's panties. After the stepson jerked off in the panties, the memory room had the memory/CG for the shower peeking unlocked, but not the ACTUAL scene that was unlocked (panty masturbation).
Huh? That one triggers naturally? You literally just have to play the game until the first weekend, that's REALLY weird.

Ignore those, usually they are there to keep you away from scenes not yet introduced, at least SOME of them. Park being the exception.

Also there's the simple spelling grammar errors, and then also the times when you randomly throw Japanese words into the middle of English text. I get that Ayame is Japanese, but she's speaking perfect English otherwise, she would not refer to Japan as Nippon. And even if she was bad at English, she would more than likely use the less formal version (Nihon).

From wikipedia;

Modern conventions

While both pronunciations are correct, Nippon is frequently preferred for official purposes,[8] including money, stamps, and international sporting events, as well as the Nippon koku, literally the "State of Japan" (日本国).

Other than this, there seem to be no fixed rules for choosing one pronunciation over the other; in some cases one form is simply more common. For example, Japanese speakers generally call their language Nihongo; Nippongo, while possible,[9] is rare. In other cases, uses are variable.

Basically the point is. Use English, you're trying way too hard to stress that Ayame is originally from Japan and you're not even doing that correctly.
Ayame is NOT from Japan, Nippon is literally not us trying to say Japan in some other way, it's just the name we decided to call a land that resembles Japan, just like we could call Terra to the world but it's not, we called it Alansya, we also removed USA from the game, it's just Heaven City, Europe is called Europa, and other tidbits like that to avoid stating real places, names, brands, etc. but yeah, I guess we could be more thoroughly in that and invent some even more original names.

I wasn't trying to be a weebo as I know quite a bit of Japanese, not fluently but I'm pretty decent at it, it's not like I'm trying to force it in, I just want to put it as if she had a slip of the tongue, like, she said it naturally.

Other than that, good job finally getting some scenes finished. Granted, I could do it faster and with less errors (zero) aside from the CG. And that's with 2 days of RPG maker experience, but you did decently for a "studio" than only 542 patrons (with an undisclosed monthly budget). If you'd ever like to step up the quality in your game, let me know. I'd be willing to playtest and find all the bugs, spelling errors, logic/storyline errors and grammar errors. I could test a game with 25 times the content as your recent demo in about 2 days if I was going for 95% accuracy.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be negative. I just know your team could do much better. And I'm sure you know that as well. I just wanted to put it into black and white for you.
Thanks, don't get me wrong but "everyone" claims what you just said, but very little if anyone actually delivers, some things that you go through in game in like 2 minutes can take 2 hours or 2 days to make, there's a lot going on under the hood, but I appreciate the testing and all sorts of testing and constructive criticism like you did is appreciated!

Last edited:

satoshi1

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

How developed is the Melvin route when you don't get Clarke involved?

Sergejim

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Could you describe what's the demo's content? What's in it and wxhat's not.

OP
hrpgheaven

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Could you describe what's the demo's content? What's in it and wxhat's not.
Demo will be out on Wednesday, you'll be able to see by yourself ;)

How developed is the Melvin route when you don't get Clarke involved?
It used to be bigger but some of the scenes had Melvin be quite aggressive so we switched them to Clarke's route and made Melvin's route to be more on the side of emotional blackmail other than threats, as such it lost two scenes, two scenes got modified to fit the route and it now has an extra scene additional to the ones it had.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Will be cool to see what's added. It's going to be an experience. :)

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Where the recollectionroom is located at?
I can't find it anywhere.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

when do you plan on releasing the new demo?

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It used to be bigger but some of the scenes had Melvin be quite aggressive so we switched them to Clarke's route and made Melvin's route to be more on the side of emotional blackmail other than threats, as such it lost two scenes, two scenes got modified to fit the route and it now has an extra scene additional to the ones it had.
Physically aggressive isn't necessarily a bad thing. Significant variety in routes tends to be a good thing (the other routes previewed in the the last demo appeared to be focused more on emotion, guilt, peer pressure, etc., all mental stuff). You don't really need to be worried about morals or offending people, the people who will object to non-consensual will object to semi-consensual just as loudly (as neither are full consent).

The last demo was fairly linear with what you needed to do each day (with the neighbors being set to day X and the like rather than next seen becomes possible x days the previous scene), how much of that is intended, how much is due to it being a demo?

Eyesday

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Next version is 0.77?

Key'

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Latest version is 0.76. It included a new scene with Sato from the 7/11 and It's worth it simply for that scene. 10/10 scene imo :).

Animefan_09

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Latest version is 0.76. It included a new scene with Sato from the 7/11 and It's worth it simply for that scene. 10/10 scene imo :).
Did they already update the demo for that? and yeah the Sato route is the one i am most curious about, then Clarke's.